Youth Hostel Innsbruck Reviews

Reichenauerstraße 147, Innsbruck, Austria

This hostel was the worst hostel experience I've ever had in life. coming from Monique I arrived in the city at 11 night and the hostel was closed. That's right, after 10pm the reception closes and you can no longer enter the hostel . in reason that I had to get help with a taxi driver to find a hotel in city ​​to sleep. I searched for 3 hours hotel in town and spent € 100 . bad experience this hostel .

It was relatively quiet hostel in a silent neighborhood. Easy to find. The rooms were mostly tidy if a bit small but with nice big lockers. The bathroom configuration was a bit odd, but workable. Breakfast was good. Overall, it was a decent stay. Nothing really stood out as awesome or awful, to be honest. It was worth what I paid, but didn't impress me much past that. If you want a quiet place to sleep, this is it.

Better hostel of all I have done in Innsbruck. No waking up to creaky metal lockers. No worries about waking up feeling like you slept in an attic. Nice peaceful sleep. No anxiety about clothes falling and getting wet and dirty in the shower area. Staff were friendly and helpful. Downside; kitchen is bad, WiFi is not reliable, not 'youth hostel' ambiance and I don't mean drunken 'youths' it's just the set up doesn't help you meet new friends unless you go out of your way to.

The city is incredible and the hostel is very good. For the price is paid its excellent!

Nice beds, and great large lockers. The breakfast was also good. The wifi was free, but didn't work well. The rooms were small for the amount of people in them. The staff was very nice and spoke English well which was helpful. Location was ok, it was quiet but about 30-40 minute walk from the train station and other things. There is a bus right outside the hostel to use.

Beest Hostel

• 20th Aug 2014
  • India
  • Couple, 41+

One of the least favorable hostel I been in Austria, only have one hair dryer for such a big hostel. The shower stand was bad , can't take a shower without hitting the handle and most of the door locks are faulty.

Appeared like a "party hostel", not necessarily adequate for people who search for calm accommodation.

Highly recommandable to those who wanna stay in Innsbruck! I was quite worried by reading reviews before I get there- telling that 'No WIFI, bad location...' , but they had fulll WIFI at lobby , located just right in front of the bus stop and free breakfast!! HOWEVER, the toilet was quite smelly.... but overall, it was perfect for me!

Verry small rooms.

Great place. Just really needs to up on security. As having food you bought stolen from the fridge is not something to want after a long day. Children were sneaking in from the street stealing food. Other than that all was well.

Staff were very unfriendly-asked for advice on what to do-they looked at me blankly-their only suggestion was to go to the city! Asked could we leave our luggage there for a few hours on the last day-lady was extremely rude and had to ask her 3 times where the luggage room was. No locks on the shower rooms-lights out in the foyer at 11 (the only place for wifi). No extractor fans in the toilets-bad smell from them. 6bed dorm was very cramped. Tv room was very uncomfortable with no choice of dvds

• 17th Jul 2014

Just like other Hostelling International hostels, it's more of a hotel than a hostel itself, which means more serious and quiet atmosphere, a few outlets per room, breakfast and bedlinen included though. It's located in a not-so-good spot, far away from the main train station and the old town. Its neighbour isn't that helpful either, no bars and no markets within walking distance, only if you travel by car, in which case the gas station right on the side might be helpful. The rest is alright.

Location: very little directions provided by the hostel, and I Struggled to find it. Also, it is a bit of a distance from city center. Definitely want to take a bus Directly to the hostel when you arrive with luggage. One major frustration was lack of communication about wifi. It only worked in the lobby, but no staff ever clarified this, so I got frustrated when it wasn't workin in my room. Great view from my room though!! Looked out to mountains!!

Small beds but good breakfast. Arrival not before 5 pm :-( It's not too far outside but not in the city center either. Only one shower at my floor. Internet costs extra