Youth Hostel Innsbruck Reviews

Reichenauerstraße 147, Innsbruck, Austria

Showers were not very private anyone could come in while I was using it and my clothes and towel were at risk of kicked. The rooms were not very clean. The floor was dirty and the beds were stained. Got what I payed for: low price, low quality.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

the architecture of the seventies is just not my favourite. And this IS a trip back to the 70ies There was absolutely no Problem to get into the building even when the staff wasn't there. Sad: No offers of parlor games, no books, no table Tennis sets to rent (for the table Tennis behind the -very boring- garden). Thank god, the staff is so friendy, they make you feeling fine although. The mattresses were quite dusty, the lavatories better.kitchen dirty as folks just left their dishes dirty:-C

• 11th Jul 2015

Good locationon a main road with frequent busses. Staff very helpful and 24hr reception was great. our room was in a clean condition. Although we were there during a heat spell, a simple fan would have made our stay especially while sleeping, much more bearable as being in a share room on the 3rd floor was particularly stuffy and unpleasant.. Other than that however no real complaints, the facilities are great and the breakfast is good value.

I was put in a mixed dorm with 5 men as the only female, but the second night I was all alone in the room, that was nice. The hostel was clean and I would recommend it, even though it was a bit far from the center if you go by foot.

Very far away from everything, limited wifi, and just generally unpleasant. My pillow had a giant stain on it, and rooms are teeny tiny.

Great place, with a view like that for the price there is no moaning

Get some private showers.

A few kilometres from the centre. Hostel is quite dark and dingy. Breakfast was quite good. TV room was nice and quiet when I was there - good place to relax. Good cooking facilities for guests. Hostel was good enough. Could do with more plugs in the room though... Was able to get some breakfast a bit early as I had to catch an early train - this was much appreciated!

I miss someone from the staff saying me welcome and let me put my luggage in some place at least before 17h. Lucky someone, a customer open me the door. I don't understand how is possible the check out at 10h and the check in at 17h (7h to clean all?). At least the doors of the building should be open to leave the luggage. And finally, put some signal jn English saying the name of the hostel im Engliah, not just in german.

Nice and helpful staff, quite a walk from the centre but a nice walk at that.

• 9th Apr 2015

The hostel was very clean and secure. The location was however dreadful. The kitchen was okay although you have to pay to use the stoves. The staff weren't particularly friendly and we had to wait for 10 minutes in the morning for somebody to even attend the reception. The breakfast was okay, however there was no toaster.

I have stayed here many times over the last 35 years and it's the best value option in Innsbruck. It's walkable from the centre and the station and there's a bus (0) which stops outside and goes near the station. Turn right and right again from the station and look for Sillpark. Bus costs E2.70 on the bus or E2.30 from the machine at the stop. Check in from 1700. After 2300 ring the bell. Lovely breakfast. Only problem I had was to find someone smoking outside the dormitory two mornings running.

Excellent stay. Really enjoyed thank you

• 9th Feb 2015