Youth Hostel Innsbruck Reviews

Reichenauerstraße 147, Innsbruck, Austria

One of the least favorable hostel I been in Austria, only have one hair dryer for such a big hostel. The shower stand was bad , can't take a shower without hitting the handle and most of the door locks are faulty.

Appeared like a "party hostel", not necessarily adequate for people who search for calm accommodation.

Highly recommandable to those who wanna stay in Innsbruck! I was quite worried by reading reviews before I get there- telling that 'No WIFI, bad location...' , but they had fulll WIFI at lobby , located just right in front of the bus stop and free breakfast!! HOWEVER, the toilet was quite smelly.... but overall, it was perfect for me!

Verry small rooms.

Great place. Just really needs to up on security. As having food you bought stolen from the fridge is not something to want after a long day. Children were sneaking in from the street stealing food. Other than that all was well.

Staff were very unfriendly-asked for advice on what to do-they looked at me blankly-their only suggestion was to go to the city! Asked could we leave our luggage there for a few hours on the last day-lady was extremely rude and had to ask her 3 times where the luggage room was. No locks on the shower rooms-lights out in the foyer at 11 (the only place for wifi). No extractor fans in the toilets-bad smell from them. 6bed dorm was very cramped. Tv room was very uncomfortable with no choice of dvds

• 17th Jul 2014

Just like other Hostelling International hostels, it's more of a hotel than a hostel itself, which means more serious and quiet atmosphere, a few outlets per room, breakfast and bedlinen included though. It's located in a not-so-good spot, far away from the main train station and the old town. Its neighbour isn't that helpful either, no bars and no markets within walking distance, only if you travel by car, in which case the gas station right on the side might be helpful. The rest is alright.

Location: very little directions provided by the hostel, and I Struggled to find it. Also, it is a bit of a distance from city center. Definitely want to take a bus Directly to the hostel when you arrive with luggage. One major frustration was lack of communication about wifi. It only worked in the lobby, but no staff ever clarified this, so I got frustrated when it wasn't workin in my room. Great view from my room though!! Looked out to mountains!!

Small beds but good breakfast. Arrival not before 5 pm :-( It's not too far outside but not in the city center either. Only one shower at my floor. Internet costs extra

Clean enough

• 12th Jun 2014

There was no free wifi here and that was a little disappointing considering the amount paid. Nevertheless, a good experience overall.

A nice hostel, but everything costs extra. They have a small kitchen, but using the stove costs 50 snt / 20 min, and they don't have free wifi.

This place is fine, a little bit random, but fine. The reception hours are odd, with the place not staffed for most of the day. There is a random door you can go in where there are lockers if you arrive in the morning and need to store your stuff, which was ok. The lockers were quite small, and I doubt a suitcase would fit. Also there was no free wifi, but free breakfast? Weird. And only one power outlet in our 6bed dorm which was less than ideal.

• 17th May 2014

It's absolutely dead before it opens at 5pm, but even when it was open the common area seemed dead. The beds were fairly comfortable with secure lockers in the room, but only one plug available in a 6 bed dorm. Shower is located where the sinks to brush your teeth are, which makes it kinda awkward when you're brushing your teeth and someone is taking a shower. Considering the price that I paid (25 euros for a 6 bed dorm), the least I expect was free wifi.

It was too dirty! especially shower booth, toilet, and floors! Also, they talkes only cash which is not convenient.

The staff was helpful and kind. I didn't like that they weren't opened in the middle of the day because I had a bunch of bags I was carrying around. I used the lockers they had though, and everything was fine. Overall, it was a fine experience and I would go back.

• 8th May 2014

It was OK the bad thing about that was the location and the fact you've gotta pay for the internet!

Although reception hours are unusual, personal was very kind.

This wasn't what we expected, we paid extra fee for the internet per 24 hours, main entrance doors was closed 10am-5 pm and nobody informed us about it so we couldn't get out. The hostel is located at the edge of Innsbruck very far from the city centre, doors in the shared bathroom are impossible to lock and curfew is at 10 pm. This hostel was more like a dormitory than like a hostel for young people. Once was enough for us.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

The room is small ofr 6 persons (it was good that in my stay it was only 2 - 3). Bathrooms facility are bad - no privacy at all. Breakfast ok.