Youth Hostel Rothenburg o.d.T. Reviews

Muehlacker 1, Rothenburg, Germany

The only hostel in Rothenburg. It was fine, beds had headlights and electric socket. You have to make your own bed with linen you pick up in the basement. The doors to the room does not necessarily lock after you leave so check it. The light in the shower room is by sensor so in the middle of my shower it turned pitch black and I had to step out to reactivate the light. The breakfast is good but don't buy the dinner for 6.5 euro better to find a sandwich or pizza in town. No WiFi in rooms.

The showers weren't that clean and I would recommend bringing shower slippers. The breakfast was good - variety of breads, good jams, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, etc. Their directions to get to the hostel were a little confusing but they gave us a nice map of Rothenburg.

Rooms were okay, need to have a mixed dorm though but I can see alot f school groups stay here hence the seperate sex dorms. Breakfast was good, very loud due to high number of kids though A little hard to find as it's located in an area surrounded by apartments/houses so you don't really know you've found the hostel, could do with a big sign maybe? Great location staff were not very helpful and seemed to just want to go back to sittinf in the kitchen area rather than being behind the desk

History buffs will love this place, from the hostel to all its surroundings. Everything was very good, the staff were very friendly and professional.

Very friendly staff, clean rooms and toilets, great breakfast. Would definitely recommend this hostel to friends.

• 25th Sep 2015

I would defentily recommend of staying here. The Hostel is in a great location, clean and the staff was very helpful. If you stay here, just becareful with the bedroom door. They have a keycard entry that you need to use to lock the door as well, when you leave. I thought it locked automatically, until I came back to the room and the wind blew the door open. Oh and you do need a hostel international membership card , but you can just get a temporary at the hostel for only 3 to 4€ a night

Great breakfast.

It's a great hostel for a backpacker! The breakfast is fantastic and the information from staff there is so helpful. But it's a pity that I cannot connect to the WIFI in my room, which is inconvenient.

It was perfect.

This is a really nice hostel in an amazing building. The dorm I stayed was very spacious and the lockers were big so you could put all your luggage there if you wanted. The included breakfast was really good with lots of options and the staff were very kind, i'd stay here again for sure.

Quiet, low key hostel that is suitable for travellers in need of basic, budget accommodation.

It was so amazing to stay there. i stayed there only one night though,I really wanted to stay there more longer. for sure,I love this small town but also this hostel. especially,breakfast was so amazing!! and all of the staffs were so kind. Thank you so much for everything!!!!!! I'd love to stay this hostel when i visit Rothenburg for the next time.

Lots of children running around which was annoying-breakfast was good, location was good, staff as okay but not super knowledgable about things going on in the town

After a long day of travel I show up to the hostel to an unfriendly receptionist. Then I was forced to pay for a special membership card which is NOT mentioned on the hostel world app. I felt taken advantage of and this should have been mentioned. Then the receptionist gives me my room key and says "You're on the fourth floor. The sheets are in the basement." Yay, sweating, hot, tired and extra fees now this too. So hot it's impossible to sleep.

Dear guest, we're very sorry that your stay at our hostel did not meet your expectations. Please understand that a Hostelling International membership is required to stay at our hostel, and that we can not make exceptions for individual travellers. Sincerely, Hostel Management

Very clean, cute, and nice hostel! Rothenburg is a fun little town, and this hostel fits right in! The lady working the desk was super friendly and very helpful with all our questions! It is a youth hostel, so there were quite a few kids running around, but that was no bid deal. The breakfast was amazing and hearty! Great place to stay!

We stayed one night in the hostel, it was in a good location, clean, safe, and friendly! Would definitely stay again!

• 6th Jun 2015

a fantastic place to stay,a must.it`s cocidered as a sight itself!!exellent breakfast.

Good place to stay. Staff so helpful, he help me to check the train schedule for me to get the right train.,room and bed is clean. Breakfast is the best ! For my next time visit, I should be come again !

No relaxing area, internet available only in the café. No kitchen

Great place. No where is better. Kind of a monopoly because it's the only choice you have that I know of for a cheap hostel in Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Free breakfast!