Youth Hostel Rothenburg o.d.T. Reviews

Muehlacker 1, Rothenburg, Germany

It's a great hostel for a backpacker! The breakfast is fantastic and the information from staff there is so helpful. But it's a pity that I cannot connect to the WIFI in my room, which is inconvenient.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

It was perfect.

This is a really nice hostel in an amazing building. The dorm I stayed was very spacious and the lockers were big so you could put all your luggage there if you wanted. The included breakfast was really good with lots of options and the staff were very kind, i'd stay here again for sure.

Quiet, low key hostel that is suitable for travellers in need of basic, budget accommodation.

Lots of children running around which was annoying-breakfast was good, location was good, staff as okay but not super knowledgable about things going on in the town

After a long day of travel I show up to the hostel to an unfriendly receptionist. Then I was forced to pay for a special membership card which is NOT mentioned on the hostel world app. I felt taken advantage of and this should have been mentioned. Then the receptionist gives me my room key and says "You're on the fourth floor. The sheets are in the basement." Yay, sweating, hot, tired and extra fees now this too. So hot it's impossible to sleep.

Dear guest, we're very sorry that your stay at our hostel did not meet your expectations. Please understand that a Hostelling International membership is required to stay at our hostel, and that we can not make exceptions for individual travellers. Sincerely, Hostel Management

Very clean, cute, and nice hostel! Rothenburg is a fun little town, and this hostel fits right in! The lady working the desk was super friendly and very helpful with all our questions! It is a youth hostel, so there were quite a few kids running around, but that was no bid deal. The breakfast was amazing and hearty! Great place to stay!

We stayed one night in the hostel, it was in a good location, clean, safe, and friendly! Would definitely stay again!

• 6th Jun 2015

a fantastic place to stay,a must.it`s cocidered as a sight itself!!exellent breakfast.

Good place to stay. Staff so helpful, he help me to check the train schedule for me to get the right train.,room and bed is clean. Breakfast is the best ! For my next time visit, I should be come again !

No relaxing area, internet available only in the café. No kitchen

Great place. No where is better. Kind of a monopoly because it's the only choice you have that I know of for a cheap hostel in Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Free breakfast!

Although located very close to Rothenburg's city center and from the outside it looks very nice I wouldnt stay at this hostel again. The lights in the shower went off in the middle of my bath, the bathroom was very dirty. Sleeping in a dorm with 7 other guys usually means making a few new friends but the people in my room kept to themselves and there was absolutely no socializing.

Lockers can't be locked with your own lock, but the breakfast is great. Though at the bottom of the inner city, everything is very close. Wifi only let me use certain apps (weird) only in common areas.

Very friendly staff! Nice hostel right inside the old city walls of rothenburg de ob tauber. Good showers with handy shelving. Wifi works well in main dining hall. Very family style but enjoyable nonetheless even if not a family.

The place is very clean and silent. Everything is good.

It´s not an amazing hostel, but it is a good place to stay, very clean and well organized. It seems more like a hotel than a hostel. For travelers who like calm places and don´t want to meet new people, it fits great.