Youth Venice Hostelers Home Reviews

Sestiere Castello 3368/A, Venice, Italy

A little bit hard to find, but in Venice, pretty much every corner is confusing. The staff were amazing, friendly and tolerable. They charged extra for linen, but I knew it beforehand so didn't mind to pay. The hostel is a small typical Venetian house. Perfect if you dont prefer it too crowded with guests.

Really lovely staff and in a brilliant location - 5 minute walk from st marco's square. Was very comfortable!

Kinda small but traditional venetian house with cool and friendly atmoshere. I arrived late at night and Rupo (one of the two guys that own the hostel) told me that there was some pasta that I could cook if I'd like :') We also took a walk together to show me around because I was always lost at the tiny and narrow streets of Venice! Since the house is old, there was a lot of humidity coming through the walls. There's only one bathroom, but if you're kind you may use the one upastairs ;)

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Greece

When we arrived to the Hostel the receptionisfs didn't know that we were arriving on that day and off course there weren't free beds for us. He told me that the hostel had cancelled the reservation because the prices for the bed that booked were to cheap. I never received from this hostel or from Hostelworld any cancellation email, but on with the confirmation of my reservation. I showed the confirmation email to this guy and he told me: We cancell this reservation, we don't have any bed for you

As a whole it was good. The location is great, 10 mins by walking to san marco. The bathroom was clean. The staff was helpful, but the bad thing is that they charge you more money when you arrive (3 euro per person per day) + (5 euro per linen) And they said that it is OBLIGATORY. I stayed for 4 days so I paid 17 euro more!!!!. So value for money is not good. The major thing that gives the hostel good rate is its location! The rooms was cold and staff turn the heater on only during night.

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Egypt

I dont reccomend this hostel, in hostelwolrd webpage the total price was 89 euros and when we arrived here we had to pay 139 its a joke. They cheat people. The room was frozen. If i han knonw the real cost i d looked another hostel. Dont go there

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • Spain

Dear guest thanks for your feedback, In our ptoperty discription, its written there are additional charge for city tax , and linen. so please before make your reservation read all the thing,than make your reservation. and we didnt take more money from you. our room is 24 hours heating. so when you travel please open your mind. hope you understand

Hostel charges you extra for mandatory sheets even if you have your own. Despite hostel world's police of including taxes in the price, hostel charges you extra for tax. I had to push to have my previously paid deposit be deducted out of the balance of the bill. (hostel was trying to charge me full price even though I had already paid a deposit). Room was spacious enough. Other tenants were friendly.

Overall a decent hostel, its a little hard to find, but its close to the center of the island by walking 10min. Staff are nice, and the rooms are big. Bring mosquito repellent there are lots.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts