Youth Venice Hostelers Home Reviews

Sestiere Castello 3368/A, Venice, Italy

Nice people. Clean place in a great location.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Directions aren't totally clear. You cross one bridge and before crossing the second you go left. My experience was good. Location is worth everything.

First off, this was a bit weird because I finally got to the hostel (a bit hard to find) and was immediately directed to another location where my hostel was. This ended up being a good thing because I was placed very near the center of town. I ended up being in town when the yearly Venice party was occurring, so maybe I had a bad experience. However, I believe the hostel over booked. There was only 1 bathroom for probably 12 people. Not a bad place to stay, and Venice is expensive to begin with

Was ok for a bed for the night but is still very expensive for what you get. The hostel workers were fairly friendly but charged me more that what I was told I had to pay at the door. Location is great though.

Overall it's like a social small home stay. After meeting the owner Nino I felt more comfortable. At first there was only one employee who couldn't explain how many people were staying in our dormitory room, and also which sheets were clean on the beds to use. The shared bathroom is kept clean, it's big and allows for privacy. Its convenient for a short basic stay, but it's good that the hostel tries to match similar people in the rooms together because the space is really small.

• 16th May 2015

The perfect location. It's a short walk to the main Boardwalk of Venice and St Marks square. It's a cozy little place you almost feel like you're living with an Italian family. Not a hostel to stay in if you want to meet other people but it's the perfect quiet place to come home to after a long day in Venice!

I got bed bug bites from this hostel!! Also checking in was horrible, music was blasting and I could barely hear the questions I was being asked and he was preoccupied doing something else so it took about 20 minutes to check in. That's ridiculous after trying trekking to the place. Also had a bait and switch room ordeal. Would not stay here again.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts