Zhangjiajie Bajie Youth Hostel Reviews

No.401 Ying Fu Building, Dayongfucheng, Jiefang Road,Yongding District, Zhangjiajie, China

Visited in the Winter and it was cold- no surprises there. This has been my experience with all hostels (even some hotels) in China thus far. The staff spoke English well enough. The location is surrounded by bars, but the noise wasnt so bad (it was also winter, close to the spring festival, and the weekdays though). The room had an electric blanket which was a godsend, but only the private rooms have them. From what I've experienced I always reccomend splurging for the private rooms in hostels

• 27th Jan 2016

We had a nice stay at the hostel. The staff is very helpful and they speak understandable english. Read the terms and conditions properly! The only problem was shared bathroom, the boiler doesn´t provide hot water for everyone. Also hostel surroundings (bars) are ridiculously overpriced and bad.

Had an awesome stay at the hostel! Spend 4 nights in zhangjiajie and would definitely go to the hostel again and will also recommend to everyone who is thinking of going there!

So bloody cold. The whole place is open air, and you can't escape the cold! And they never keep toilet paper in the bathrooms, so you have to keep asking the front.

Unfortunately surrounding noisy at night. But room is superb and staff extremely helpful and resourceful. Helped a lot with national park planning.

girl at the reception Was really friendly and helpful she help me to organized my tour at the national park. she was great!

Legit, one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at. It's absolutely massive, like 10 different sections. There is a top notch pool table and table tennis table, a library, and many nice chill areas. The rooms are also pretty spacious and the beds aren't bad. The only negative was the security guard telling everyone to go to bed at 12, turning off all the lights. It isn't a youth camp.. But overall, amazing place and I'll recommend for sure!

I wrote three emails to arrange pick up service - got no response whatsoever. So I asked a Chinese to write it - the response from the hostel was 'sure thing, someone will wait for you at the airport". Obviously when we arrived at 23:30 no one was there! Having no choice we took a taxi, found the hostel (which is not easy), and the only comment of staff was "ok, all right". Like it's the most standard thing. When it comes to the hostel itself there was a huge cockroach in our room. Awful hostel.