Zhangjiajie Bajie Youth Hostel Reviews

No.401 Ying Fu Building, Dayongfucheng, Jiefang Road,Yongding District, Zhangjiajie, China

The Bajie was a pretty poor place to stay I felt. The bed (4 bed dorm) was solid, just wood with a blanket on. The bathroom was filthy, and the whole place was cold. And next to a loud karaoke bar. I also stayed at the sister hostel in the park, that was worse. It was freezing cold, my room was 3 degrees C at night. There wasn't a warm place in the hostel. Room heating cost the same as the room on top and didn't work. I know you get what you pay for and it's winter, but this was a joke.

Baiji was pretty good. Great map of the park. I stayed inside the park one night at their other location. It was cold and had a great restaurant. In the city, the hostel is near a great alley of street food (across from McDonald's). One of the girls who worked at the city hostel was rude. But every night they have a girl that comes in to help visitors plan their trips to the park and she was very sweet. One thing I did not like was the shower over the pit toilet. I dropped my soap in it!

I stayed 1 night here before going to the park and 1 night after leaving the park. It was really nice that the hostel provided cheap maps and helped with which trails to check out. The rooms were nice but the beds very hard. I had some troublemaker checking out though as I needed to leave at 7am and there was no one at the desk. When we woke the girl up she was very upset. I also stayed at their hostel in the park. It was also nice but in November it was cold. No English speaking staff in park.

Beautiful location, easy access to the bus to tianmen mountain and a guide comes nightly to provide information on what to do in wulingyuan, tianmen mountain or anything in the area. Dorm mattresses are very thin. Showers are over squat toilets but that's fine as they're kept clean and the showers are hot with good pressure. Staff are friendly with pretty good English.

At first, I felt a little bit strange from having a shower with toilet and after it was another good solution :D and I spent several days with very convenient and relaxing place. Location is perfect that is very close to bus station, supermarket and pubs etc...

The hostel was good overall. The atmosphere was ok at best, it was very hard to mingle with other travelers and locals. Noted, people were voraciously planning their hikes to the Avatar mountains and the staff was good enough to help out with that.

The staff really were very helpful(one night staff person seemed like I was bothering her), but everyone else was amazing. They helped plan my trip in the park and even moved my reservation from their city hostel to the park hostel free of charge.

Stayed 3 days here. Best volunteers I ever met, great athmosphere, nothing to complain.

staff were warm and friendly, real chinese hostel and i loved the experience. helped me see the mountain and the national park and teamed me up with a great group of people throughout. thank you so much for my time there.

Fantastic, spacious hostel easily accessible from the train/bus station by local bus. Also have a sister hostel in ZJJ national park, which represents some of the cheapest accommodation in the park.

I have nothing to complain about the hostel facilities, the hostel has everything you need. You can buy the zhangjiajie map for 5 kuai, totally worth it! Then you can plan your route or be helped by a chinese girl to choose what are the best spots in zhangjiajie. But if i have to tell the truth the staff is really rude, I've been traveling in china for a while and seriously i ve never met a staff so impolite.

Clean and cozy hostel. Nice and friendly staff. Lots of information about the nationalpark. Would definately stay here again. It is a great place to meet locals and backpackers at the same time