Zhangjiajie Zhongtian International Youth Hostel Reviews

4F, Zhongtian Building, Fengwan Junctions, Ziwu Road, Zhangjiajie, China

we stayed here two nights. Room for four was basic but OK. Shower is combined/above the toilet and small. Safety could be improved since there is just a simple hanglock on the doors and everyone can enter the rooms without passing the reception...The staff was helpful tough and the atmosphere nice.

Really cool roof top hostel. Staff Cinderella and Vincent were very friendly! We had a lot of fun hanging out. The rooms on the first floor are cleaner than the ones upstairs, FYI. And the laundry is hung to dry, so plan accordingly if you're pressed for time

Overall a nice stay, but just average. The staff was very helpful and friendly, actually the staff was amazing. They were also very hospitable. The location was a little hard to find given the directions from hostel world. The food and drinks were a tad too expensive for my budget. I would still recommend this hostel to anyone.

nice place, staff give a lot of info about the park and directions. WIFI is good. cleanliness is not the best. Common are is great and have kitchen you can use. close to many restaurant and food street places.

rooms very small, the bathrooms not clean, one could not be closed, the other one had a broken shower. all in all the hostel needs to be renewed. The sister hostels in the national park and in Wungyuan are even worse. The one in the park is a wet whole, unhealthy and bad service!

The staff were very helpful with organizing the trip to zhangjiajie national park and with every other question I had. Good location with a good supermarket 30 seconds from the hostel and a bus station two minutes walking.

Cheap and easy to get to from the stations. It's a great place to get a mate for your visits to Tianmen mountain and the national forest park. The staff could not be any nicer and more helpful! Could have been a bit cleaner but it wasn't awful.

Good hostel to stay at before heading to Zhangjiajie. Decent dorm rooms and good social area (also where wifi was strongest). Staff helpful with sorting your trip. Cleanliness could be improved greatly. Rooms are fine but after eating the hostel food they put the dishes in cardboard boxes and leave them there and we saw rats climb up to the box and eat the food scraps off the plate - disgusting!

I'm glad you enjoy our help, and I have informed our reception desk to improve the dish cardboard boxes, preventing the rats from it, I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

Hostel was somewhat difficult to find. Signage not prominent or clear.

Nice hostel, good mood, people are nice and really helpful! Location is a bit far from bus and train station

Located in the heart of Zhangjiajie city with a helpful staff that will gladly show you how to easily get to nearby attractions like Tianmen Mountain or Zhangjiajie National Park. Not the liveliest place but it's homey and the facilities are clean enough for use (squatting toilets only though). Lots of nearby restaurants and markets. They'll also send your bags to their Zhongtian sister hostel inside the national park for a small fee, convenient if you want to stay in the park at all.

It's our pleasure to serve you a good stay and trip :) Wish you nice trip

Booked a room here but decided I wanted to go to the NP earlier and even though I cancelled my booking I could still drop my bags, gather information about the park, take a shower after returning from the NP and enjoy their amazing food :)

We are glad to help any travel in Zhangjiajie, though we don't have the best location and facilities, but we have very good staff :)

The hostel itself was average but the staff were SO helpful that I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone. The directions from the bus/train terminal that they sent after booking were really helpful along with all the suggestions regarding hiking Zhangjiajie Park and arranging for me to sleep in their sister hostel. Ask for this! Also, a special shout out to Cinderella who was beyond helpful, informative and friendly!

I'm glad you enjoy our service, Cinderella is our most lovely sister, she is ready to help anybody all the time :)

The hostel doesn't have the best location, but has mostly everything you would expect from a good hostel. The only big downer is the owner, only concerned and willing to help you if she can get some money out of it. If not, and if you don't speak chinese, you're on your own. Very disappointing, I would definitely try any other hostel since I need help from chinese staff.

Dear, our staff in the hostel are all English speakers, and eager to help anyone all the time. I have talked with all the staffs in my hostel, the staff you meet on 21st and 24th is the same one, the first day you gave 5 star to her, but the sencond time you gave 1 star to her, I think there's something misunderstanding in the sencond time, I'm sorry about this inconvenience, I hope it won't bother your trip :P

Easy to find, nice location. Good staff. dorm rooms were roomy. Bathroom needed a little updating. nice lounge, front desk.

Thank you for your praise, we are so happy you have had a good stay in our hostel ~

A very good hostel with good staff, the food they help ordered are very nice.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • oppippcd1992
  • Argentina

The best bit about this hostel is their partnership with the Yuanjiajie hostel located at the top of the mountain in the park. Spend a night here, store your big backpack here and take the trek up a few thousand stairs to the loveliest sunset and sunrise offered in the park! They can book your room ahead of time in the park as well. Staff was lovely and accommodating, especially in helping me find nice teas grown in the area. Don't miss the alley produce market around the corner either!

great ambiance and the beer is reasonably priced.

• 26th Jul 2015

I've been there with my girlfriend to visit zhangjiajie national park. Although we've booked a double room, staff couldn't find the reservation. We received the booked room after 1,5 hours discussion. The room was really dirty und looked as it hasn't been cleaned for ages. Stay away from this hostel!! There are better ones in zhangjiajie!!

We had to bring our own lockers and towels. We need to put a key to unlock the AC in the dorms which in not really easy because of the one who puts his key leaves early the other ones still sleeping have no AC any more. Having a hostel in the mountain is very great but we have to bring out own lockers and towels and the AC is charged.