Zhangjiajie Zhongtian International Youth Hostel Reviews

4F, Zhongtian Building, Fengwan Junctions, Ziwu Road, Zhangjiajie, China

I've been there with my girlfriend to visit zhangjiajie national park. Although we've booked a double room, staff couldn't find the reservation. We received the booked room after 1,5 hours discussion. The room was really dirty und looked as it hasn't been cleaned for ages. Stay away from this hostel!! There are better ones in zhangjiajie!!

We had to bring our own lockers and towels. We need to put a key to unlock the AC in the dorms which in not really easy because of the one who puts his key leaves early the other ones still sleeping have no AC any more. Having a hostel in the mountain is very great but we have to bring out own lockers and towels and the AC is charged.

The main advantage is that they have "sister" hostels in Fenghuang and in the National Park, and they can change your booking to stay at both hostels very easily only by paying the difference of price.

If you are looking to climb the mountain this a good base. Some of the staff speak English. Food in the hostel is lovely and very reasonably priced. Only thing I missed was a western toilet but that's just a personal preference.

Great hostel for its location, and the woman who runs it is very friendly, however it was very difficult to ask her for advice as she did not speak English. Heating was an extra ¥20/night, and nights are frigid without it as I later found out. I would suggest either the cost of the heat be included in the price, or be clearly indicated on the site so future bookers are aware.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience :P I'm not in the hostel at that moment so my mother keep the reception desk for me. But my sisters are good at English, I hope they had helped you with your trip :)

The staff was realy friendly and helped us to organise our trip to the national park (this included setting up a form to fasted the entrance procedure as well as writing us directions in Chinese!)! Apart from that, the staff helped us with all our questions which made our stay really enjoyable. Thank you for that guys!

We are really really proud of helping you with your trip :)

Very helpful staff

I am glad that you enjoy our help :) Wish you a good trip

A very good hostel, but a bit hard to find it, the staff go down to the street and lead me there. The lobby is beautiful and helpful, the guidence of Zhangjiajie is on the wall, it helped me much in the scenery zone.

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

We are glad you like our hostel, looking forward to see you again!

The hostel zhongtian at the city is cool and at the park is really great , the guy that works there is very eficcient he can comunicate very well and preper food , the bed is nice and confortable, the bethroom is ok ... You can send e-mail for them and the owner will answer you very atenciosly, he indicated and helped me with alll my tours explaning how to get in the places and wich places should i visit, Zhangjiajie was a amazing exporience for me and the guys from zhongtian helped me a lot!

• 15th Apr 2015

I and my sisters are so happy you enjoy our help in your trip :) Welcome come to Zhangjiajie again

A bit hard to find by yourself - it is on the corner of the main road next to the bank. It takes about an hour to get to Zhangjiajie Park each way which is why I would recommend staying in the sister hostel in the park itself - unfortunately it was fully booked when I was there.

Cheap supermarket and many food shops nearby. Clean but there is a big big big window inside the ensuite bathroom and just covered by a cloth. Good and hot shower.

We are glad that you were satified with our hostel, looking forward to see you again.

The staff was so helpful when it came to traveling around the city. It would have been very difficult if we didn't have their help.

• 20th Mar 2015

We are glad you like our service, we weill do our best to help any one come to our hostel

Our room was really nice and the staff was friendly. However it would be nice if they could make more out of the common area! It is the only place with wifi but freezing cold and not really comfortable to stay. And thethey should think about offering breakfast in the Hostel....

• 27th Feb 2015

We are so happy that you like our hostel and our staffs. In 2015, we will redecorate our hostel and double the common area. Breakfast is under planing now, it will be available in June.

The wifi only works in the lobby and they looked pretty bothered when we hung out in there. It was a pretty calm hostel with not a lot going on. Pretty average place.

Hi, we would never be bothered when guests in the lobby, I am sorry to bring you such a awful feeling :P We will try our best to make everyone feel good in our hostel.

There is no internet in the room which is annoying. They had western toilets which was nice and they do have towels. The beds were terrible. Some had mattresses but ours did not. Instead it was a blanket folded in half on a wood slats- so uncomfortable! There are some people on the staff at the front desk who do not speak English which is hard. It's an okay hostel to stay at but not the best. You also have to pay for everything. Pay to use the microwave, pay to use the little kitchen, etc.