Zhangjiajie Zhongtian International Youth Hostel Reviews

4F, Zhongtian Building, Fengwan Junctions, Ziwu Road, Zhangjiajie, China

The bathroom could have been cleaner and when you took a shower the bathroom floor got flooded. The young girl and guy at reception were nice and helpful! Felt secure, although the room lockers didn't seem very sturdy. I rated the atmosphere poor simply because there weren't really any other westerners around.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Finland

the room ventilation is poor because no window access to outside

The stuff didn't know English too much, only the necessary part for the check in and check out. The rooms were really poor, the floor was looking dirty and so are the walls. The bathroom was not good either, once you take a shower, everything is floated. I stayed there only one night, and it was too much time for me. they have nice sitting area but I think they should fix the rooms before.

The day you lived in, the sewer of our hostel was under repair, I am sorry for the inconvenience. We accept your criticism about the floor and walls, we will fix all the rooms this month. Thank you for your criticism!

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The illustrated direction info they send to me is very useful, the staff there is very helpful and help me made a good plan in Zhangjiajie, even exact in hours.

• 12th Sep 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here.the hostel is very damp but it's obvious why- the environment is very humid. The location is fantastic and the food is very reasonably priced (you can order food that is not on the menu- other food in the park is ridiculously expensive).

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The Bus dropped us right in front of the hostel. It is nice and met friendly people but it is nothing special.

Overall a decent hostel, but I was specifically unhappy with one staff member. A young girl who we asked for a store that sells camping utensils. She first denied that that kind of store exists in Zhangjiajie, then after I looked for it myself and showed her she refused to call or help me find the location. Other staff was more helpful. Those guys could use some more competition. That can perform miracles in terms of staff quality.

It was a nice hostel with simple rooms but a nice communal area. It was located not far from the train or bus station ans their were restaurants, banks and shops nearby. The staff who could speak english were very helpful.

The staff is very friendly! The atmospher is so nice! Good position, you can move easily and you have all that you need around the hostel.

• 20th Jul 2014

After 3 months in Asia I have a fairly decent idea of what's what in a hostel. It's the little things that make a hostel and this had none of em. Could they at least make put the sheets on the bed? Is it really that difficult? I haven't been on a hostel that has made me make my own bed. Especially after a long day of hiking the last thing I want to do is fight a pillow into a pillow case. Also cleaning toilets would be nice. Beds are a higher priority.

Don't really enjoy my stay there.My four dorm was so dirty:(( And there is one rat in the lobby:((( Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Located not far from city centre lots to do in the area. The hostel claims to have an outdoor pool... its not a pool its a paddling pool/pond with plants growing in it. The hostel has a lot of space but it isn't busy enough to make full use of it and therefore parts seem to have been untouched for years (like the bar area) food is nice and staff are helpful.

Overall positive experience. The staff were really helpful with giving directions to the Avatar Mountains. The claypot rice from reception was really good, don't be put off by the description of meat foam! Only negative is that reception is detached from the rest of the rooms so you had to go outside to get wifi or any information, annoying when it's raining. Also the picture that looks like a pool is actually a pond!

The taxi's from the train station will reject you if they want a bigger fare because this place is uptown. If you have a compass, I would recommend walking directly North towards the main road away from the station, then catch Bus number 10 for about 20 mins. Show the bus driver the address in chinese or tell them Zhongtian building, they should know where to drop you off. I really liked how they held onto my bags while I traveled to Senlin Gongyuan (avatar mountains) for two days.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Ollstar

little English spoken. expect to pay extra for towels and AC. accomodation is very basic compared to other hostels in similar locations. but just for one night it will do just fine. right in the middle of the park. the best way to enjoy the place and make the most of your experience! luggage pick up service is very good but make sure you check out and hand in your bags by 8am or the pick-up guy will have passed by already!

Best hostel I've been to in China. The staff were amazing (and spoke English very well), it was very clean, the beds were comfortable for China and the rooms were awesome. The lounge was very nice and comfortable, good for planning your ZJJ park trek. Easy to get to and from the bus station and ZJJ park (abouf a 50 min bus ride away). There is also a supermarket downstairs which is handy. Even extended by 1 night for it's comfort.

We are very glad to meet you in the boundless huge crowd, I will always be here and strive to do better. looking forward to your next visit. By UR2014

This is quite good for a China' youth hostel. However, it is still quite far from the national park. The staff doesn't speak english very well and it's hard to make them understand that we made a booking through hostel world (the booking is entirely in english). For those who would like the address in chinese (for the cab) : 湖南省张家界市永定区子午路凤湾路口中天大厦4楼A1室

I am sorry that we hadn't provide you good service the days you spent in our hostel, I will try to help our staffs learn to speak more English and improve the address on hostel world. If you have any other suggestions in improving our service, please write to us yhazjj@hotmail.com. Thank you. By UR2014.

Nice hostel to spend the night before going to the mountains. Staff is very helpful and speak English. Dorms are clean, good bed, spacious bathroom.

We are glad that you like our hostel, but we noticed that you hadn't given us a max rating, would you please tell us what can we do to achieve the max rating, thank you. By UR2014

We enjoyed our stay, the staff, location and service were great! A really cozy and hostel-like atmosphere! LOVE IT!

We are glad that you enjoyed the time spent in our hostel, we will struggle to be better with your praise.

Here you have the opportunity to experience the real hard life in China: shortage of electricity supply (maybe it was just an accident), no hot water to take shower (but not in every roo). The cleanliness and routine cleaning have to be improved (The dust bin in our bathroom was not cleaned out for 4 days I stayed). Not every receptionist could speak English well. But you can understand each other. WiFi was available not everywhere, but at least in the lobby. Location on the roof is interesting.