Zhangjiajie Zhongtian International Youth Hostel Reviews

ZhongTian Mansion, 4th Floor, FengWan Intersection, Zhangjiajie, China

Staff can't communicate in English which is very important for international tourists. The kitchen is occupied by the staffs . It would be better if the hostel set a little space, at least, for the tourists to have some quick cooking or warming their breakfast or dinner.

Almost no english. But they are friendly. Basic dorm. The food is ok.

Loved the hostel and location in the city. There's not much around this part of town, but enough and all your necessities. Wishing there were more staff that spoke English, that would be a much better experience for foreign travelers; however, they have useful tips and resources for you.

• 5th Apr 2014

The room's facilities were very nice and had a private bathroom. The room, beds, and bathroom were all spacious enough, and the wifi was fast and reliable. The receptionist/manager was kind and helpful when we asked for directions and suggestions. One thing: in our shower, we had to stand over the toilet (squatty potty) while showering. That was only slightly uncomfortable and really not that big of a deal, all things considered!

Staff didn't speak English so checking in took forever. Staff who did speak English tried sell us tours, but when we didnt buy it, I felt she didnt feel the need to guide us further. We booked the sister hostel in the national park. Her directions were terrible. The map we bought from them was in Chinese. We met some tourists from another hostel in the city and their map was amazing compared to ours! The hostel was ok. Sufficient, but for the same price I would check out the other hostels.

The hostel itself was very nice! The wifi worked well, and the lounge where the wifi worked was very comfortable and enjoyable. The lounge also has a lot of brochures and books on the area so that helped my group to plan out our day trips and where we wanted to go. They also sell drinks and cup-of-noodles at the front desk, that was very nice. However, we were told that some of the staff would speak English and none of them did. That made things a bit difficult, but they were friendly.

• 15th Mar 2014

The hostel was really hard to find. Is an International Hostel and there do not speak english, even a word! Was really hard make the check in or try to get information of the city. They really need learn a few words in english, at least the meaning of the word passport or tomorrow.

A decent hostel in the city centre. They can help you book a room in their sister hostel in the middle of Zhangjiajie National Park as well

• 31st Jan 2014

The most frequently working receptionist was a surly older woman. The hostel was practically empty during the Spring Festival. Still, despite that small work load, one of the two beds in my private room smelled really bad, no towels were provided, the heater had the wattage of a toaster, and the tv was broken. Security guard left his post after we left our luggage with him. I came back while he was gone and just took my bags.

Although the staff did not speak much English, they were friendly enough. For Zhangjiajie, I think the price is very good- however, we did arrive during the off-season. Clean facilities, the lounge is nice and free computer and internet usage make this hostel a pleasant stay

Me and 6 other friends went to Zhangjiajie on Saturday and Sunday and just stayed one night here. For what we wanted it was perfect. Cheap, warm, and a nice atmosphere. The hostel reception had a pretty nice lobby too but did not get to spend too much time there, and the lady working there spoke really good English. Just so you know, It is about a 15Y ride from the train station, so don't let any taxi drivers try and rip you off for about 50 yuan I think they asked for at first.

Very good staff but for wifi cannot use in room

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Thailand

The staff is quite helpful and speaks English (which is great since nobody speaks English in Zjj).Though, the first day when we got there, I asked for help, they helped me but I am not sure they gave me the best advices. For instance, they would only tell me the path to take in our visit of the national park for which we would have to pay, even though we were going there to hike. They would also want to make us take their package without telling us that we have a student discount (half price).

The guys who run this hostel are doing their best to make it a great place where you can enjoy your stay with helpful tips and Information. I stayed in the dorm and the first place is the bathroom when you enter it. The smell and the cleanliness of it was really bad. the shower head was broken and the little water what came out took a long time to get warm.