Zhongtian Int'l Youth Hostel (Yuanjiajie) Reviews

Wangqiaotai, Yuanjiajie, Zhangjiajie, Zhangjiajie, China

We stayed in a double room and had to pay 10RMB extra for each washrag ... er ... he called it a towel. The room was quite humid and needs a new paint and a thorough cleaning. The location is good. You can walk there about 3km from the last sigths of the park. The free tourist buses run rigth in front of the hostel. The only downer is that you have no view from the hostel.

Staff only wants your money. Not even a water filter to refill your bottle, but they do have hot water out to drink. High prices & small portions on food. No cooler for beer. I paid for a 4-bed dorm, bed the room has 8 beds, split into 2 sections, with one door. So it's an 8-bed dorm. Jeez! If you can speak some Chinese, there are many local people running guesthouses in the region. Better value on rooms, much better on food. I took my meals at a local guesthouse. Wonderful food, generous people

- Nice place for rest with the wonderful view behind the hotel. - Conveniently buy food from bristo at lobby. - Staff can't speak english. - Room floor looks not clean, my friend does not take his shoe off.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Thailand
  • All Male Group, 31-40

This hotel is located within Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, so the location is pretty good. Getting there however is difficult. Our plane was delayed, so we got in after the park had closed and had to stay at the another Zhongtian hostel the first night. The staff there told us we had to take a two hour walk to catch a bus to get to this hostel. It took us about six hours, three of which were up stairs. Nonstop stairs. The room was a moldy, stinky hole. I wasn't happy with the the room at all

Awesome location, would do again, but terrible directions. Save yourself, use these: Taxi to park entrance (100 RMB) (save confusion of bussing in a circle like us) Enter park, walk along Golden Whip Stream 5.5km Take bus ~2 minutes to elevator Elevator to top, walk a few hundred metres, take bus. Bus drops you off about 200 metres down the road from another bus station. Walk up, take minibus for about minutes. Hostel on your left side as you make a turn. Tell driver to stop, get out, relax,

rather difficult area for vegetarians. little or no vegetarian options available in nearby restaurants and at the hostel. but good variety of tours available and super useful and detailed information about the park. ask the hostel staff as much as you can about the park before you leave. they are very friendly and well informed. you´ll find very little info in the park and will be hard to find a map, too. they can also provide discounts for the cable car up the mountain. so worth it!

Not so easy to find. It's just along the road. Shout to a bus to get them to STOP! Not for the faint hearted. You will, have to CLIMB! or, get a cheeky lift to the top in the LIFT. There is NO OTHER WAY! It is a very small space and cramped rooms. However, if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle (and beeps) then this is a beautiful little rest stop.

Unfortunately I didn't had a good experience, but I'm sure that I was a bit unlucky. If you would like to sleep on the mountain, it is a fine choice. The woman from the staff didn't speak English, she forgot to make my dinner and I couldn't find her for breakfast in the morning and check out in time although I had mentioned what time I was planning to have breakfast. There is a guy that speaks a little bit English and he was very kind and helpful. I slept in a double and that was all fine

The staff can speak well English and give some useful advice. The cleaniness need to be improved. By the way, the location is great inside the national park allowed us to explore the thing easier.

• 11th May 2014
  • Thailand

Although the hostel is small and the standard is low the location compensates everything. Sleeping in the centre of the park gives you easy access to everywhere. Just leave your luggage inside and go hiking :-)

Not an extortionate price for the location on the mountain. Convenient location for treks, can stop the buses that run past it in either direction. Not the most modern place I've ever stayed but they had wifi, and food was actually quite reasonable considering the prices charged by vendors everywhere else. Would probably be a little cold in winter, I were there in May and was a little nippy at night, but you are on top of a mountain so kinda has to be expected, and you should prepare accordingly

This is one of the few places to stay in the park and therefore is worthwhile staying at. We had a private room with ensuite. The sheets were clean & the AC worked, but the room was in need of some serious TLC. If you can get past the grimy walls & floors & smelly bathroom & you want to have the convenience of being in the park to avoid huge crowds then I recommend it. The food was okay. There is beer and one table outside which makes for a nice wind down after hiking.

Rooms are clean, but very noise. The bed could be more soft. Remote control from the air conditioner is available for a fee of 20Y per night.-) Location is great and staff here is english-speaking, what is very rare in Hunan province.

A good hostel in the perfect location for exploring the Zhangjiajie mountain park. The best-value accommodation you're likely to find on the mountain, and I strongly recommend staying here rather than outside the park; you can explore a lot more without needing to leave the park until the end of your visit. The "directions" needs updating, though: there is a way to reach the hostel without climbing up the mountainside with all your baggage!

The front desk personel speaks good English. The food is great . The room is very nice and clean. The common room may need more chairs and tables because many of the tourists usually use them longer than it should be to eat, discuss their hiking plan and play internet.

A fine hostel within the Wulingyuan National Park -- the location is a bit difficult to find so be prepared to ask locals for directions. The food was very reasonably priced and quite delicious, although the menu was limited to 5-6 items. My only complaint would be that the building is not well constructed so somehow it was much colder inside than outside. Make sure to bring extra layers during cold months! All-in-all, had fun but probably wouldn't stay here again if I came back to Zhangjiajie.