Very Good 217 Total Reviews
Very Good 217 Total Reviews
Zhongtian Int'l Youth Hostel (Yuanjiajie) Located at Wangqiaotai, Yuanjiajie, Zhangjiajie, , Zhangjiajie.
China
Zhangjiajie Hunan 427000 Wangqiaotai, Yuanjiajie, Zhangjiajie
74% 217
29.3558455 110.4458999
    Rooms available

3rd Jun 2016
8.0

This hostel is good for 1 night inside the park. To get there: best to stay outside the park for 1 night (in Zhangjiajie city or wulinyun), and get your stuff portered up so you can hike/cable up to the spot after reviewing the map with a local, but we came straight from the airport. If you do it this way, take a cab to the northern tianzishan entrance (we negotiated 300 RMB for the 2 hour ride). Then show the Chinese name of the hostel to the bus drivers and you should get there just fine.

• StefRobi
  • Canada, Couple, 25-30
3rd Jun 2016
8.0

The atmosphere, view in the backyard and the location is really nice ! Musty and no locker..but your in the mountains so it's okay! We really enjoy our stay

29th May 2016
7.1

It's great because it's in the park. It's also really hard to find and they don't provide good directions. Getting from the airport here took my 10 hours. Once the buses stop running at 17:00 you're stuck here with nowhere to go. Luckily the food isn't too bad here. I was the only guest in the hostel so I was so bored at night. But it's very convenient for hiking

• pattyjbruns4379
  • USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
27th May 2016
7.4

Great Location! But bring toilet paper!

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
18th May 2016

The hostel is very well located in the park,as long as we had the name written down,everyone knew where to drop us off at every time.there's a trail right beside the hostel that brings you back to the park entrance once done!the lady cooks very well and it's reasonably priced!the young guy at reception speaks English well but is only there at night it seems.very helpful! Rustic kinda place,but exactly what you need in the park!very happy we stayed here!

• England, Female, 25-30
12th May 2016
7.1

Basic but fine for one night in the mountain

• Denmark, Male, 18-24
11th May 2016
7.1

The hostel is better than other reviews here say. Well, it's not the best hostel I've stayed in, but it's in the middle of a national park - everything is musty up there. Some of the staff speak English. For 20 Yuan can you get your luggage transported from the sister hostel in Zhangjiajie City to this hostel while you explore the park. It was a big help! The food is cooked by the staff for you and it's good. 35 Yuan for meat, veggies, soup and rice. There is not many options up there.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
30th Apr 2016
5.1

Some days there were no English speakers. Food was not very good, and there was no where else to eat after 430. Beds sheets were damp. One of the non-English staff was sneaking into my room late at night while I was alone and sleeping. This was not resolved due to no English staff, and I left early because I did not feel safe and I did not feel my belongings would be safe while I was out during the day.

30th Apr 2016

the guy in the reception can give you really good advise to go around the mountains, ask him.

25th Apr 2016
7.1

Yes the location is great, but it lacks in cleanliness for sure. The entire hostel was incredibly humid, I was barely able to dry any of my things during the three nights I was there. Although, the staff was very friendly and helped us with information on transportation around the park, which we really appreciated. We had a lot of difficulty finding the hostel the first day, we had no information on where it was at all. All we knew is that we had to go towards Yuanjiajie.