8.7
Fabulous 159 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 159 Total Reviews
Zhuo Ma's Jiuzhaigou Home-Stay Located at Shang Si Zhai, Zhang Zha Town, Jiuzhaigou, Jiuzhaigou.
China
Jiuzhaigou Sichuan Shang Si Zhai, Zhang Zha Town, Jiuzhaigou
87% 159
33.3095138 103.7898159
    Rooms available

• USA, All Female Group, 31-40
20th Aug 2016

The people who run the place are SUPER nice, and very energetic. My bag broke because the airport was too rough with my bag, and Zhou Ma went out of her way into town and got it fixed for me while I was at the park. The house itself was very beautiful, but there is only one bathroom that the whole house shares. They do also run a new beautiful "hotel", where you can get your own room and bathroom. It's double the price, but it's worth it if you want your own space and privacy.

11th Aug 2016

My stay here was amazing, and I couldn't have found better. The family takes care of everything you need, even packing us lunch and providing us with water bottles for the day! They are so generous and friendly, and staying here feels good and authentic - I really felt like I was supporting a local enterprise and meeting local people; it didn't feel fake or tacky at all. I would highly recommend it.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
19th Jul 2016

Absolutely loved our stay with Ama at Zhou Ma's! Ama will take care of you as if you were one of her own grandchildren. An incredible authentic experience in an incredible part of China. Great way to experience traditional Tibetan Culture. Her family works hard to make your stay comfortable and we couldn't have been more thankful!!

7th Jul 2016

Staying at Zhuo-ma's home stay is a very unique opportunity! The house itself is located not too far from Jiuzhaigou near beautiful mountains. It's a sanctuary away from the large crowds of the national park (in the summer). The food that A-ma and her family prepared was delicious (I gained a love for yak meat!). The family was very sweet and went above and beyond -- Zhuoma's brother picked us up from park and helped us catch a taxi in town to the airport. Would def. stay here again and again!

27th Jun 2016

Zhuo Ma's Homestay is really a different experience. The location is incredible, you wake up in a beautiful Tibetan village surrounded by mountains covered in green. It is a bit a ways from the park, and restaurants/shops, but they'll drive you over to the park, and Ama, Zhuo Ma's mother (such a sweet lady) will make all of your meals while you're there. The house itself is a real Tibetan village house, so if you're looking for a unique experience rather than a luxury room, this is the p

8th Jun 2016

I'm so glad we decided to stay here instead of in town. Ama, and her family are absolutely wonderful and it was a blast getting to know them. You get served breakfast and dinner and she also packs a lunch for you if you go into town or to the park. The food is amazing! Rides to the park are also provided for free! If you're looking for a luxury experience then skip, but I think Zhou Ma's is much more meaningful.

7th Jun 2016

Wish we could've stayed longer! ZhuoMa and her family are incredibly hospitable, kindhearted, and they have great senses of humor. Speaking Chinese will help you a lot during your stay, but ZhuoMa speaks English and someone staying with you probably will be bilingual as well. Something to note is that you have the option of staying in their home for 400RMB per night, which is great, or staying at their newly renovated guesthouse for 650RMB per night, which has upgraded rooms and facilities.

4th Jun 2016
4.9

I really wanted to love this place. However, I ended up leaving in tears due to frustration and disappointment. Like someone else said, don't go if you can't speak Chinese and CHECK THE WEATHER. It wasn't horrible but for the cost you're much better off staying at the cheap hostels and meeting other people.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
1st Jun 2016
4.3

To start with, the facilities are what we knew to expect, nothing too special but we were going for the authentic Tibetan experience. On that the mother of Zhou Ma, who hosted us could not have been nicer. The price included pick up to and from Jiuzhaigou national park. When we wished to return we were forced to wait on another family for 3 HOURS by Zhou Ma's brother, also Zhou Ma was literally absent throughout our stay. The most we paid on accommodation but the worst experience.

15th May 2016

I've been to over 20 countries and 14 cities in China and this is my favorite place ever. Amma is amazing in every way... She and her family will do everything to make your stay great. Please remember it IS a Tibetan homestay, so while the bathroom is simple, it does function and Amma's graciousness makes up for any of the simple amenities. Zhuo Ma wasn't there at first, so being able to speak mandarin with Amma was helpful, but others staying there didn't speak Mandarin and they were fine.