11th Hour Hostel and Cinema Reviews

11 Magyar utca, 5th district, floor 1, door 13, Budapest, Hungary

This is a lovely space to stay for some nights in Budapest. The hostel is located in the heart of the city and the receptionists are very helpful.The communal areas (i.e., cinema room, kitchen) are good places to make new fiends. The pub crawl was also really good.

• 9th Jan 2015

I am very pleased with my time there. The rooms are good, the bathroom is ok and the kitchen is good. My only real complain is the wifi which does not work properly in the rooms and had some problems even in the reception. Other than that, the hostel is good and I'd totally stay there again.

The best hostel I've stayed at all trip

Except for the guy from London, the staff was crazy rude. I was not explained a single thing about the city or the hostel and it seemed like I annoyed them every time I asked a question. The worst staff I have ever had in a hostel EVER. The cinema selection is really nice but again, it felt weird watching a movie because it was more or less in the common room. Location and free coffee and tea is decent. Kitchen is really small, not really good enough for cooking anything.

Love this hostel! Staff were very friendly and helpful,could answer all our questions, the cinema room is the perfect area to chill and make new friends, plus the selection of films to watch is impressive! We were given free mulled wine and pop corn on New Years Eve while we were drinking and relaxing before going out. Great location, very central and easy to get places. Indoor smoking area with open roof (you will need to wear a coat in Winter!) Will go again for sure!

• 30th Dec 2014

staff is nice and helping. the rooms are simple and quite big with 9 beds it is quite great for party groups since the walls thick. its a bit annoying because there is only one bathroom, other than that if you don't mind sharing one room with 9 ppl you know, than you have a great time.. and the location in really good 5 min from the centre.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

WiFi is very bad and doesn't work from the rooms, just from the common area (but still with a lot of problems).

The hostel looks definitely better in pictures than in real life, it is a good hostel though; the pictures just don't show what it is.

Great hostel except that it was about the worst shower I've had.

Realy nice one. very good location, nice staff, perfect chiling area with a cinema room and a weel equiped kitcheen, and the price was realy good.

I'm not sure why this place is ranked so high. The location is good, but that's about it. Staff is not very friendly, they got annoyed when I asked about 3 questions. Facilities are really old and there were spider webs on my bed.. If you are over 4 feet tall your head will get hit by the bathroom ceiling, because it's dark in the bathroom and you can't turn on the light until you get inside. And the linen was dirty with weird stains. Rooms are spacious, but some beds have no outlet for plugs :(

here is the worst hostel for me.. unfriendly staff, old facilities, durty bathroom... I do not want to stay here again.

We spent with our Erasmus group from Kosice one weekend in Budapest in 11th Cinema Hostel and we had a very nice time. It was a great location, so basically we could walk everywhere during the day and for the parties in the night as well. Staff was very helpful and nice, responded to all of our questions and gave us some good tips. We were a big group of 24 people. It´s a great place for such a big group. We enyoed our stay so much! thanks!:)

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Slovakia

The Hostel is well located. Organized and very clean, good infrastructure, fair priced. The staff is very friendly and helpful, just ask for something and they'll promptly try to help. Special thanks to Bridget (if i'm not mistaken), besides being helpful, she's adorable :) Would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

This is an AMAZING hostel! The atmosphere is wonderful! Very chilled and always ready to make a good party! Chris and Mike, two English staff members, are SUPER nice guys!! I went out with them to the pub crawl 3 nights in a row and had fun every time!! I made great friends there in the hostel with people whom I am still in contact with. There is a cinema room there which is very cool! The location is perfect ;) The wi fi was also good! BUDAPEST IS GREAT! Solo traveller from Iceland :) Thanks!

This was a great hostel, the only thing I would say is that the common room was small and pretty much just a reception area which made it difficult to meet other people. Facilities, location and price were very good though, and staff were very helpful!

Hostel was amazing! very clean, very friendly and helpful staff. Good location close to everything, bars, restaurants and metro. Also a cool cinema room within the facilities, defiantly recommend.

loved the common areas, staff was really helpful

• 18th Sep 2014

This was my first visit to a hostel. Great location, everything's literally within 10-15 minutes walk. The staff are amazing and it's great to have a cinema, when you just feel like chilling! Definitely not my last visit!

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

Main common area is the "cinema" which isn't very social! Staff ok but not as friendly as many of the hostels in this part of the world. Private room was a room through a dorm without a separate lock which was a shame given the extra money.