11th Hour Hostel and Cinema Reviews

11 Magyar utca, 5th district, floor 1, door 13, Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel! Very safe, amazing location, (2 mins from closest metro station and 5 mins from the principal metro station in Budapest). Even so it's in a quiet street. Our room was actually a kind of apartment with a very nice bathroom, 2 sofas, tables, fridge... On the ground floor there's a very complete kitchen, another fridge, cinema room, etc. The girl who received us was very friendly and spent 10-15 minutes of her time to explain us everything about the city. Best value for money!

Felt very secure. Staff were pretty helpful, the desk was unstaffed for a while when I wanted to check out and I almost had to just leave to catch my bus. The movie room was really cool and I wish I would have had time to take advantage of the pub crawl. I'd give it an A+

Stunning hostel and amazing price, atmosphere was a bit odd but that is due to the guests not the hostel.

Second time for me here, love this hostel. Staff can be quite uninterested in you but it doesn't really matter. I'd go back here again! Big spacious rooms with sofas, kitchen, comfy beds!

The hostel is in a great position and has good facilities and kitchen. The staff were super helpful as well.

• 5th Feb 2015

Really great hostel to chill out in. The movie room makes it really easy to meet people and the free pub crawl they run is an awesome way to see some ruin bars. Good location, right near a metro stop. Staff are really friendly and keen to chat. Shout out to Michael.

This is a lovely space to stay for some nights in Budapest. The hostel is located in the heart of the city and the receptionists are very helpful.The communal areas (i.e., cinema room, kitchen) are good places to make new fiends. The pub crawl was also really good.

• 9th Jan 2015

I am very pleased with my time there. The rooms are good, the bathroom is ok and the kitchen is good. My only real complain is the wifi which does not work properly in the rooms and had some problems even in the reception. Other than that, the hostel is good and I'd totally stay there again.

The best hostel I've stayed at all trip

Except for the guy from London, the staff was crazy rude. I was not explained a single thing about the city or the hostel and it seemed like I annoyed them every time I asked a question. The worst staff I have ever had in a hostel EVER. The cinema selection is really nice but again, it felt weird watching a movie because it was more or less in the common room. Location and free coffee and tea is decent. Kitchen is really small, not really good enough for cooking anything.

Love this hostel! Staff were very friendly and helpful,could answer all our questions, the cinema room is the perfect area to chill and make new friends, plus the selection of films to watch is impressive! We were given free mulled wine and pop corn on New Years Eve while we were drinking and relaxing before going out. Great location, very central and easy to get places. Indoor smoking area with open roof (you will need to wear a coat in Winter!) Will go again for sure!

• 30th Dec 2014

staff is nice and helping. the rooms are simple and quite big with 9 beds it is quite great for party groups since the walls thick. its a bit annoying because there is only one bathroom, other than that if you don't mind sharing one room with 9 ppl you know, than you have a great time.. and the location in really good 5 min from the centre.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

WiFi is very bad and doesn't work from the rooms, just from the common area (but still with a lot of problems).

The hostel looks definitely better in pictures than in real life, it is a good hostel though; the pictures just don't show what it is.

Great hostel except that it was about the worst shower I've had.

Realy nice one. very good location, nice staff, perfect chiling area with a cinema room and a weel equiped kitcheen, and the price was realy good.

Enjoyable stay here. Very clean, facilities work great. Movie room is really sweet. Not a lot of restaurants around but otherwise good location.

I'm not sure why this place is ranked so high. The location is good, but that's about it. Staff is not very friendly, they got annoyed when I asked about 3 questions. Facilities are really old and there were spider webs on my bed.. If you are over 4 feet tall your head will get hit by the bathroom ceiling, because it's dark in the bathroom and you can't turn on the light until you get inside. And the linen was dirty with weird stains. Rooms are spacious, but some beds have no outlet for plugs :(

here is the worst hostel for me.. unfriendly staff, old facilities, durty bathroom... I do not want to stay here again.

We spent with our Erasmus group from Kosice one weekend in Budapest in 11th Cinema Hostel and we had a very nice time. It was a great location, so basically we could walk everywhere during the day and for the parties in the night as well. Staff was very helpful and nice, responded to all of our questions and gave us some good tips. We were a big group of 24 people. It´s a great place for such a big group. We enyoed our stay so much! thanks!:)

• 14th Nov 2014