2kronor Hostel - Old Town Reviews

Skeppsbron 40, Stockholm, Sweden

I'd definitely recommend 2kronor because it's located in arguably the nicest quarter of Stockholm, it's very close to all the sights, the staff is always extremely kind and... I could go on. But I think you should find it out for yourself.

A simple and nice hostel with friendly staff. Non of us had much experince living at a hostel but I think it all worked fine. The room was ok as well as the cleaning, but the ventilation was unfortunately pretty bad in our room. The air became really thick after a few hours... Over all, we're happy with our stay considering the price we paid!

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

We left all our values in the room since we payed for all 6 beds although there were only 4 Young Girls who would use the room. When we got back after a late night out, the Girls were scared when they Heard a cough from one of the beds in their room. Turned out a women had all security codes and walked freely in and out of all the rooms. Called the contact no but no reply. They called back the day after and explained she was a "regular", it was then 16.30.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Sweden

As we have explained it was a misunderstanding with regards to another booking. That guest was expexted to come the day after and hence was given the access code to the dormitory. We have no indication that our emergency number was not working. Securitas has checked their call logs and no calls has been received on rejected during that period. Probably another misunderstanding with regards to which number to call. We apology for the inconveniance.

aWe really enjoyed our stay at 2 kronor hostel! Friendly staff, great location and a charming hostel in general. Met up with a friend from Australia so we needed a good location, close to everything and this was perfect. (keep working on those new bathrooms and showers though...) Kind Regards, Emelie(gotland) and Liana(australia)

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

There is a 24/7-camera-surveilliance monitoring the common room, which made it feel more like one was kept under surveillance like in a prison than in a hostel. There was also a threat of fine of 150 euros if the fire alarm was set off which it apparently was easily was when people cooked. This made one refrain from cooking. Also there were some shady people (guests) staying at the hostel. The location was great though and the staff was nice and it was pretty clean!

The stuff was really nice and the entrance hall beautiful and nice to sit in. However the double room in the basement was really small and had no real window. Also the toilets are on the first floor, no toilets in the basement... So little things, overall it was nice!

• 2nd Nov 2013

I'm glad that you liked our hostel. We are not allowed to build any additional WC's as it is very restricted what to do with a building is Old Town. All rooms at the hostel has windows so I´m not sure what you mean by "...no real window".

I can only recommend 2kronor hostel to everyone who wishes to stay in Stockholm!

Security is non-existing. When I arrived the receptionist was leaving, even though it was still check in time for at least 10 more minutes, she went to the bathroom, the kitchen and never looked me in the eye or at least informed me she couldnt checked me in, she just left. Showers are also a problem, if u shower during the morning every body will know because u have to walk in front of the reception. Beds are super noisy. They have only 2 toilets. Good thing, there is a supermarket close by.