7 Sages(Qixian)Youth Hostel Reviews

Courtyard 5 of QiXianZhuang, 1 Beixin street, Xi'an, China

great place where a lot of chinese people stay :) it is in an old military building which makes the hostel a sight itself :)

+ nice building + nice common area and restaurant + food is good In comparison to other hostels in china - not so nice beds - some of the staff wasn't really friendly and didn't make much of an effort to help you, but if you ask they will help you maybe - don't do the terracotta warrior tour: you pay to much for a really unfriendly and useless guide, better go yourself and hire there a guide or audio guide - toilet and shower are ok but just average or below average in china

The installations are very nice but some of the staff are not. The shower room is old and not clean. Wifi is very slow and limited. The prices of the food are really expensive!

Nice hostel for those who want to experience a traditional, Chinese style of architecture. Well-located and friendly atmosphere. However, facilities are a bit shabby and the communal bathrooms were an inconvenient distance from my dorm room. Staff were friendly and some had excellent English, but others were a bit cold and unhelpful. On balance, a perfectly decent youth hostel.

The staff were very brusque (bordering on being rude); they seemed much more interested in gossiping among themselves and rolling their eyes at non-Chinese speaking (although they never asked, just assumed) guests. The room was incredibly small and fewer than half of the lights in the room actually worked. The room was so small that I was actually jealous of Harry Potter in the first book. The room was so dark that I often could not tell when the lights were on or off.

The hostel is located 10 mins walk away from the messy Xian Railway Station and 10 mins walk away from the old city wall. So nothing would be better in terms of location. It has several courtyard and the first one at the entrance is an outdoor cafe, which sells beer, BBQ, and some food at a reasonable price. I was there during World Cup Season and everyone enjoyed the matches every night. I was living in a 8-person dorm and the room is generally clean and the beddings are okay.

one of my favorite hostels. great atmosphere. Boss is present and has an eye on the staff and guests behaviour (like non- smoking areas). Very old architecture, charming. a bit hard to find, because taxi drivers dont like to take you there from bell tower, because the distance is too short. so they refuse.

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel very much. We extended it from 4 nights to 5. Our room was very comfy, the hostel itself is beautiful too with its moon gates lining up all the way to the end. We really enjoyed the beer garden and had dinner most nights with good food. The staff were very helpful with information. We joined their organized tour to the Terracotta Warriors. The location of this hostel is very handy to the railway station, you can walk or take a tuk tuk. Thanks, Agi

I enjoyed my stay and was well pleased with the service I received.

The family room was comfortable and a good value. The hostel exterior is beautiful. Location is mixed; on the one hand it is great to be near the railway station to get the tourist buses, and access to the Xian city walls was convenient. On the other hand it is not very close to the sites and restaurants near the Muslim quarter.

The staff, though earnest to be helpful, often provided me with incorrect information in terms of how much surrounding attractions were. They also provided taxi and airfare services that were extremely inflated and overpriced in comparison to searching and doing these things on my own. Toilets were cleaned every few days, but because a majority of them are squatters the smell accumulated and lingered for a long time.

Couldn't fault anything, the staff were fantastic and place is beautiful, would definitely recommend it.

Very clean and the staff was very friendly.

• 5th May 2014
  • Portugal

I only stayed for 1 night, but I enjoyed my night. The staff was welcoming & the food at the restaurant was good. The buildings were very cool looking, & the history of the building was interesting. There is wifi but travelers should be aware it is not available in the rooms, only the lobby and restaurant areas. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathrooms and showers are in separate buildings from the sleeping quarters. It was a decently close walk from the station.

• 3rd May 2014

The staff was superb. They took excellent care of me, giving me all instructions I needed and with great patience. My room was very clean and was even cleaned the next morning (for my two night stay). The setting was in half of a courtyard complex that was very relaxing. The other half was the Red Army Museum which was a very interesting place to spend a couple hours (for free). This was a much more pleasant stay that at a hotel. I recommend it highly.

• 2nd May 2014

I stayed two nights in a single room. I found the system of this hostel nice (there are only single-storied houses, each of them contains a few rooms with separate entrance). My room had an air conditioner, tv set, and shower and toilet were behind the glass wall. I think as it was newly equipped it was very good. But maintenance leaves a lot to be desired: some bath armatures were with signs of rust, some switcher didn't work or made dangerous noises.

We actually extended our stay and stayed 4 nights. The staff is extremely helpful and nice. The kids loved the pool table and the outdoor table tennis. They have a nice restaurant with decent food, the kids loved the french breakfast! Its very clean, the toilets are cleaned several times during the day. We will definitely go back - great place!

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Very nice hostel, real value for your money

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

The hostel has a great set up and awesome areas to relax or have fun (ping pong, restaurant, movies). The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom set up. The water sprayed everywhere and there was no drain on the floor so it was consistently wet and a little smelly. Other than that, this is a great hostel.

Nice staff, clean room, located close to the main station (not so close to the bell tower and muslim district, but once you know how to get around, it's ok), nice atmosphere and beautiful courtyards.

• 11th Apr 2014