7 Sages(Qixian)Youth Hostel Reviews

Courtyard 5 of QiXianZhuang, 1 Beixin street, Xi'an, China

Very nice hostel, real value for your money

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Charming, relaxed atmosphere. Quiet and secluded, but a bit far from the action which is happening in the center to southern wall.

• 5th Apr 2014

Great location and would go back to Xian again just to stay! The level of english was low but that was just part of being in a foreign country

• 2nd Apr 2014

One of the best hostels that I´ve ever stayed! Simply perfect!

Very nice hostel. Best beds and pillows and room in general of any of the hostels we stayed at in China (we stayed in a double room). Good location, close to the train station, bus station, city wall. The staff at the front desk could have had more recommendations for travellers for dinner and drinks etc, but otherwise no issues at all. Would stay again.

Have been there in winter so the hot showers and the air condition were much aprreciated. The only disturbing thing was that this was the first hostel I had to pay to use one of the computers even though WIFI in general was free. I hadn't brought my own computer but still needed to save pictures from my camera. When I explained this to the staff and asked for an alternative to the slow expensive computers they had, one of them offered me to use their private laptop to save my pictures. THANKS :)

7 sages is situated in an absolutely stunning old Chinese style courtyard building. A short walk from the main train station and 20min walk from the central area of the city.The futon bed, the wooden floors, the modern bathrooms and the courtyard made our stay very enjoyable.

• 13th Feb 2014

15mn walking only from the train station! Easy to reach the night market and the drum and bell tower by walk

If the Internet only available in the common area don't advertise as wifi everywhere. And it's really annoying to be left helpless when my card keys aren't working at 8pm and it's below zero degrees. It's extremely irresponsible to tell me nothing else they can do without even step out from their comfort nicely heated reception room. That it's when I just arrive after 12hrs of Chinese rail experience. No alternative given I have to stay in all night because I don't want to lock outside

Really good hostel in a really nice city! The location is really convenient just close to the train station and the staff is really welcoming. We had a room just for 2 and it was clean (nothing amazing but perfectly OK) and the bed was really comfortable. The architecture is quite interesting and the bar is nice with a very cosy ambient.

Really nice hostel. Quiet and helpful staff. However, pillows are too high, it was impossible to sleep on them and I had to roll up my clothes to be more comfortable and still.

Nice place to stay ,staffs are good

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Thailand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Husband and I in our 50s and first time in a hostel.7Sages recommended to us by our son. OK, it is no 5 star hotel, but room with ensuite was clean and welcoming. In fact we (family of 4) were reluctant to leave after 3 nights, as we had prior booked a hotel for Christmas in Xi'an. The 7Sages was like a home away from home, and sleeping at ground level is much nicer than sleeping in a high rise tower. Ate in hostel restaurant.

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

thx for your staying and your review.we will try our best to give the guests good service.

Nice looking hostel. It would be great in summer or warmer months, but when we were there temperature reached -7 and the heaters weren't turned on. Aside from a small wood stove in the common room/bar. It was cold and everyone wore jackets and gloves while inside. Reception staff could learn how to smile once on a while too. Maybe info about the local area would be good as well, apart from advertising tours. On the plus, location is walking distance to the station.We had Booking issues too..

thx for your staying and we are so sorry the incovience.our heater machine just work from this winter.sometimes it worked not very well.but all the room we have the A/C for heating.

I was there in the low season so not many other foreigners, the staff were helpful booking things ( flight, tours etc), clean, nice bar-restaurant area, overall nice place

homely better than a lot of hotels in china!

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Luxembourg

Overall everyone was very friendly and helpful. The environment was very outgoing and I definitely had an enjoyable time. One memorable moment was that I was going to the Shaanxi Opera, and they had someone come along with me as I didn't speak Mandarin too well and didn't know my way through. Although I arrived their late, I probably would have never made my destination without their help. The only suggestion was improvement on the tours which I felt was not as engaging.

Seven Sages hostel is like opening a door to another world,from the hustle and bustle of xi an city coming "home" to the peaceful ,tranquil atmosphere of Seven Sages was a delight. It well deserves its excellent rating!!

A fantastic hostel in a great location with good food, comfortable beds and excellent showers.

• 7th Nov 2013

Really beautiful hostel. The bar/restaurant/lounge is very confortable and the food we had there was delicious. The location is very convenient, 10 minutes walking for the train station (and bus to the warriors) and from North Gate (to cycle on the wall). All you need as a tourist. The only minus might be the fact that you have to go through the courtyard to get to the toilets and in beteween buildings (especially if it's cold). However, we loved this hostel!