7 Sages(Qixian)Youth Hostel Reviews

Courtyard 5 of QiXianZhuang, 1 Beixin street, Xi'an, China

Very clean room. Staff was helpful. Great bar/lounge area.

One of the better places in China for this price. Staff gave helpful travel tips for nearby attractions. Room was very nice, like a good hotel room. Drawbacks are the hidden location (though the "hostelling international" flag helps some) and Wifi that only includes the common area and is spotty during the busier hours.

So we only got one night two days staying in Xi'an and my friend told me a show that worthy to visit. It is a show that basically every local knows. I asked the front desk about it but they guided us to another show in the theatre. Although the show was very professional and cool but we didn't even get a ticket when we got there. So I kind of doubt if they charged us the right price. Also, I booked 6 female dorm but ended up in 8 female dorm and it smelt super bad.

i had the double bed room. when we came we've been told it wasn't the price we saw online cuz of the season... the room was clean but not big enough compare to what we have to pay. we had hot water and could keep our staff for free after the check out. there was no wifi in the rooms...

Such a beautiful hostel! I think the hostel itself is a must see in Xi'an. The directions from Bei da jie were a bit confusing so make sure to get a map before. The Terra Cotta warriors tour was nice. The hostel restaurant is good. The staff are super nice and helpful, but sometimes they are doing many things at once, just be patient and they will help you with everything.

There is a drying machine for clothings. It charged me 10 RMB but could not dry my clothings completely... The staff recommended me to hang my clothings in an open area, sheltered at night, and it worked fine. The cat and the dog at the garden are cute and behave well. The staff could have carried more smiling faces.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

The hostal it's pure magic itself. It's really close so the train station.

Really cool place to stay with a great atmosphere, especially around the central courtyard where the restaurant/bar is. The location is good in that it's close to the old train station, and it's close to where all the buses leave if you're heading out to see the Terra Cotta Warriors or Hua Shan. However, most of the main nightlife and restaurants are still a fair walk away (they're closer to the south gate), and it's a good 10 minute walk to a metro stop, so that's something to consider.

great place where a lot of chinese people stay :) it is in an old military building which makes the hostel a sight itself :)

+ nice building + nice common area and restaurant + food is good In comparison to other hostels in china - not so nice beds - some of the staff wasn't really friendly and didn't make much of an effort to help you, but if you ask they will help you maybe - don't do the terracotta warrior tour: you pay to much for a really unfriendly and useless guide, better go yourself and hire there a guide or audio guide - toilet and shower are ok but just average or below average in china

The installations are very nice but some of the staff are not. The shower room is old and not clean. Wifi is very slow and limited. The prices of the food are really expensive!

Nice hostel for those who want to experience a traditional, Chinese style of architecture. Well-located and friendly atmosphere. However, facilities are a bit shabby and the communal bathrooms were an inconvenient distance from my dorm room. Staff were friendly and some had excellent English, but others were a bit cold and unhelpful. On balance, a perfectly decent youth hostel.

The staff were very brusque (bordering on being rude); they seemed much more interested in gossiping among themselves and rolling their eyes at non-Chinese speaking (although they never asked, just assumed) guests. The room was incredibly small and fewer than half of the lights in the room actually worked. The room was so small that I was actually jealous of Harry Potter in the first book. The room was so dark that I often could not tell when the lights were on or off.

The hostel is located 10 mins walk away from the messy Xian Railway Station and 10 mins walk away from the old city wall. So nothing would be better in terms of location. It has several courtyard and the first one at the entrance is an outdoor cafe, which sells beer, BBQ, and some food at a reasonable price. I was there during World Cup Season and everyone enjoyed the matches every night. I was living in a 8-person dorm and the room is generally clean and the beddings are okay.

one of my favorite hostels. great atmosphere. Boss is present and has an eye on the staff and guests behaviour (like non- smoking areas). Very old architecture, charming. a bit hard to find, because taxi drivers dont like to take you there from bell tower, because the distance is too short. so they refuse.

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel very much. We extended it from 4 nights to 5. Our room was very comfy, the hostel itself is beautiful too with its moon gates lining up all the way to the end. We really enjoyed the beer garden and had dinner most nights with good food. The staff were very helpful with information. We joined their organized tour to the Terracotta Warriors. The location of this hostel is very handy to the railway station, you can walk or take a tuk tuk. Thanks, Agi

I enjoyed my stay and was well pleased with the service I received.

The family room was comfortable and a good value. The hostel exterior is beautiful. Location is mixed; on the one hand it is great to be near the railway station to get the tourist buses, and access to the Xian city walls was convenient. On the other hand it is not very close to the sites and restaurants near the Muslim quarter.

The staff, though earnest to be helpful, often provided me with incorrect information in terms of how much surrounding attractions were. They also provided taxi and airfare services that were extremely inflated and overpriced in comparison to searching and doing these things on my own. Toilets were cleaned every few days, but because a majority of them are squatters the smell accumulated and lingered for a long time.

Couldn't fault anything, the staff were fantastic and place is beautiful, would definitely recommend it.