7 Sages(Qixian)Youth Hostel Reviews

Courtyard 5 of QiXianZhuang, 1 Beixin street, Xi'an, China

Can't believe this was a hostel! Beautiful rooms and the architecture is stunning. We stayed in a deluxe family suite and the value for money was fantastic

The room is very clean and the hot shower is very powerful. A good place to relax after the trips around Xi'an. .... Oh yes, the staffs are very nice and helpful as well. 非常棒的青年旅舍, 值得一住, 再住....

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The property was beautiful, and my private single room was very nice. The bed was soft, which is pretty surprising in China. My one problem was that my power went out in the middle of my first night, but after convincing the staff that it was actually a problem (!) it was fixed quickly!

• 22nd Nov 2014

We had a totally wonderful stay in this hostel! Sadly only two nights as we are doing a Whistle stop tour of shanghi, but the staff were super helpful and accommodating. The hostel itself was beautiful, nice pool table and area to socialise or have a quiet drink. The room was peaceful and simple, the bathroom had a good level of cleanliness. A good lock on the door helped me feel safe while sleeping. Could not recommend this hostel more, I would definitely stay here again!

Nice trip in 7 sages, although only two nights. its has good location, near XI'an railway station and bus station. It has good condition and quiupment

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • China

The hostel itself it's very great I think. The room is okay but I don't really like its transparent style for the toilet/bathroom(a curtain to keep it more private will be better at least). It has very cozy bar/restaurant and the price is reasonable. Overall I recommended it for the location+price+building itself during the national holiday in China. Tour in hotel is not recommended as the guide is not so professional & feel like only thing can make him happy is you buy and he has the commission

This is a very good and friendly hostel. We had a private double room which was perfectly comfortable and clean and havd tv and wifi access. The glass wall to the bathroom took a little getting used to, but it was fine! There wasn't excessive noise at any time, which can be an issue in some hostels. The staff spoke good English and wre very helpful in areanging day trips and events for us. Good pool table and good food. I would recommend this place as a cheap and cheerful option in Xi'an.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Hello, I have stayed at 7 Sages recently when travelling in China. I vas very pleased. Hostel is very big, looking good, its quiet, room is big, although we had little issue in bathroom where sealant around the shower has gone so water was leaking out into shower room. Except that all great. Nice food, friendly staff. I was bit ill so one one girls at reception even helped me to write down in chinese what i need from pharmacy :) Thank you Overall great place to stay, great value for money.

Very clean room. Staff was helpful. Great bar/lounge area.

One of the better places in China for this price. Staff gave helpful travel tips for nearby attractions. Room was very nice, like a good hotel room. Drawbacks are the hidden location (though the "hostelling international" flag helps some) and Wifi that only includes the common area and is spotty during the busier hours.

So we only got one night two days staying in Xi'an and my friend told me a show that worthy to visit. It is a show that basically every local knows. I asked the front desk about it but they guided us to another show in the theatre. Although the show was very professional and cool but we didn't even get a ticket when we got there. So I kind of doubt if they charged us the right price. Also, I booked 6 female dorm but ended up in 8 female dorm and it smelt super bad.

i had the double bed room. when we came we've been told it wasn't the price we saw online cuz of the season... the room was clean but not big enough compare to what we have to pay. we had hot water and could keep our staff for free after the check out. there was no wifi in the rooms...

Such a beautiful hostel! I think the hostel itself is a must see in Xi'an. The directions from Bei da jie were a bit confusing so make sure to get a map before. The Terra Cotta warriors tour was nice. The hostel restaurant is good. The staff are super nice and helpful, but sometimes they are doing many things at once, just be patient and they will help you with everything.

There is a drying machine for clothings. It charged me 10 RMB but could not dry my clothings completely... The staff recommended me to hang my clothings in an open area, sheltered at night, and it worked fine. The cat and the dog at the garden are cute and behave well. The staff could have carried more smiling faces.

• 3rd Aug 2014