A Little Bird 2 Guest House Reviews

248/18 Sahasripoom place, Maneenoppharat Rd., Srip, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Highly recommended! This super hostel, located perfectly at the North Gate of the Old City of Chiang Mai is a MUST! Unbeatable value for money at 150 bht per night for a/c comfort, ideal location close to all the action, and the perfect launch pad for your scooter trip to the famous Pai loop! Full marks to the owner, Mike and his delightful staff, Niti and Jane who do everything they can to make you feel at home at Little Bird 2! They go above and beyond! A highlight of my trip to Thailand!

Great staff and great owner, always offering suggestions and help with general questions or booking for anything. The hostel is air conditioned which is great. Amenities are a bit bare bones, nothing amazing but still very clean. It's a no frills place that's affordable and very close to everything you might want to go to. Had trouble meeting people in this hostel (low season in Thailand) but did met a few and just met others around the city anyway. Recommended for travellers on a budget.

This place was great. The staff was awesome! Super helpful with everything. They really made me feel at home.

Michael thow owner I think is a great guy and makes this place so welcoming, he and the staff are so helpful with any problems, I stayed here an extra 2 nights I enjoyed it that much. If you want a party place then go somewhere else, this is a small chilled out plave but easy to meat and chat to other travellers

Lovely hostel, good location and the most wonderful staff who were always really friendly and helpful!

Thanks a lot!! Hope you have a good trip!

I really enjoyed this hostel for the most part. The location was great and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooftop area was a nice touch as well. However, the airconditioning in the rooms was way too cold and had seemingly no way of adjusting. At night it was so cold I needed to put a sweater on.

Thank you very much Stephanie. We will turn the air con down a little bit ^^ Happy with your motorcycle riding~

A big thanks to you Mike (if you're reading this) from booking my bus to Pai, all the advice, letting me use luggage storage and answering my 270974 questions. Great hostel thank you!

• 24th Apr 2015

Yes i am reading it Catherine! Thank a lot and we are happy to help you! Hope you have a great time in Pai~

Nice place to stay but there isn't much going on. Quite near Zoe's where everyone seems to go out. Staff are incredibly helpful, waited up for us to check in as we had a late flight

Very nice to stay here. Friendly staff and comfortable place. Coffee and tea free for guest. Recommand to everyone!!

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

Thank you very much!!

Somehow there weren't enough lockers for me? So I didn't get a locker. But the staff was friendly and allowed me to keep my valuables at the desk. There isn't much space to hang out to meet people. There's only one toilet for the 10 girl dorm. The hostel is located in a commercial shopping center which is a little strange, but other hostels are located there a well. I liked the staff, but the dorm was completely bare bones.

I traveled to Chiang Mai with my girlfriend and we both really enjoyed our stay at A Little Bird 2. We found the staff to be both friendly and amazing and there was a great atmosphere in the hostel all day round. :) I will definitely recommend the hostel to others who wish to visit the wonderful city of Chiang Mai.

• 11th Apr 2015

Not my favourite hostel , difficult to met people , showers are bad , only one toilet for 10 bed's dorm so you often had to go to another floor but was the same story.you can't close the door to the dorm, take some medicine for alergy In case You Are alérgic to cats because THE little One goes in the Rooms And jumps on THE beds , ( there is a sign that says close the door so the cat doesn't come in but the door is so noisy that many people decide to leave it open :) )

Sorry Ana. This is Mike. Feel sad you are not happy with us. But anyway, we feel quite happy with you. hope you have a good time at Pai. cheers.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Originally I intended to only stay for a couple of days but ended up staying for over a week. Great location within walking distance of the city as well as being surrounded by lots of good local and Western restaurants/ eateries.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Hello James! I guess you are feeling recover after so many day and night partying at the water festival! Take care!

There is a great atomsphere as soon as you arrive and receive a big smile from Bi the lovely lady who works here. Big comfy clean beds with a blind to give you that added privacy. A clean towel was also provided.

Hi Gemma! Please come back to see us if you have any chance come back to Chiang Mai~ cheers~

The staff was very friendly and they wanted to help me all the time. I can recommend this hostel.. for sure!

• 9th Mar 2015

What a fantastic stay in Chiang Mai. Michael, the owner, is such a pleasure and is always free to give some advice on what to do. He recommended an amazing cooking class, which was a definite highlight. He is always making improvements to the hostel facilities and it definitely shows in the atmosphere. Stay here!!!

Hello Charles, Recently trying very hard to build some more stuff hahaha. I hope it hadn't disturbed you. Thanks for the comment and hope you are doing well back home~ Good Day, Mike

Nice hostel in a good location. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful! They made the experience. Good budget option. Also has a nice rooftop area.

Thanks a lot Brian!!

one of the better hostels in Thailand! the staff are great and can really help you sort out where to go, what tours are good etc.

A little dusty, but overall clean and well presented. The staff is awesome, very friendly and helpful.

the staff is really nice. when I entered it my second time the manager knew already my name. location is good, not too far from the old town. it was also really clean and WiFi is good. lots of Chinese people and everything is labeled in English and Chinese