A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

Youget what you pay for so it's ok. Security could be better...

I actually went to the hostel expecting the worst due the reviews, but actually it turned out to be pretty decent. The bed as was great, the bedroom as was clean and they had lockers for each person inside the bedroom. I just needed a bed to crash for 6 hours and it was close to the bus station, so it was a good deal.

This Hostel was one of the worst I've stayed at. The room had not enough outlets. I was only there one night, and I brought my own sheets, but my roommates paid for sheets for no reason. I was in a mixed 6-person dorm, and that night there turned out to be 7 people assigned to the room. One of the guys went down to tell the hostel this, and the hostel people came up and didnt do anything! Luckily we all laughed about it and all got some beers and had a mini-party, but sleep was difficult.

One of the worst place i've ever slept in. The room wasn't clean at all, there were so much noise that i wasn't able to sleep at night. The staff was however really helpful, but so exhausted by the huge amount of people that were complaining, that it was hard to ask more from them. Just a place to avoid.

Staff is unqualified mean and disrespectful. The Hostel is as rusty as an old prison, disgusting

POSITIVE: comfortable beds & location just 4 stops out from hauptbahnhof NEGATIVE: older property showing its age; noise due to traffic & chaos during the evening in reception from bus groups

Nice hostel which is located quite close to the center. Very nice and helpful Staff.

You get what you pay for with this hostel. if you know what to expect it doesn't seem that bad so read the reviews before booking! I think the wait at recwption annoyed me the most. 1 staff member isnt enough. And being screamed at in German at 10pm to close the doors and (even though there is no fan or cooling system) is unpleasent. The beers down stairs are overpriced. Go the the supermarket around the corner for 0.85 cent cold beers.

good: shampoo and body soap included hair dryer available. roomcard needed when you leave the room (you cannot forget it in a closed room) The luggage room is hard to reach, there are about 25 steps from the reception to the luggage room. In my 8 bed dorm there werde 5 plug sockets (some pretty hidden) - more would be better It was hot, so the windows had to be open - but it was noisy outside

First of all you have to pay to get bedsheets. The staff are all rude with no sense of urgency. The barman acted like we was asking for an organ when we asked what sandwiches they do. They advertise balconies but you cant actually get onto them, which is lucky because we had a mouse on ours. No wifi in the rooms. Stains on the sheets we had to pay for. Bed side lamps didnt work. The lift doesnt work. Staff arent helpful. Zero atmosphere. €0.50 deposit for plastic bottles that you throw away.

This hostel was filthy. I checked in at 3 and my room was not yet cleaned. I could not even choose a bed at that point because they all still looked slept in. The girl at the fron desk said it woulwould be done in 25 minutes. I left to explore Munich, when I returned at 8:30 pm it was in the same state as when I left. Her solution was to pull the sheets off a bed and hope nobody was sleeping there. It looked like the shower had never been cleaned and the floors had hair everywhere. Gross.

Staff were very rude and unfriendly.

The room smelled of dogs, the hostel was very old and about 30-40 mins walk from the old town. Overall it is a very poor value for money and I would definitely expect much more. I will never want to stay here again.

was located too far from everything that we wanted to see and the rooms weren't too clean

General quality with what you expect from A & O. Clean and well facilitated. Will say that I prefer other A & O hostels just down to prefference, but a brilliant hostel none the less.

Everything was great. The metro station is very close, and from there it's only a 10 minute ride to own own Munich. The rooms ere clean, had decently sized lockers in hem, and they Ben had 24 hour lockers in the downstairs lobby to leave your things in for day if you were leaving late

The hostel seemed to have lots of nice facilities but the staff wasn't actually helpful at all, unfortunately.. We stayed in a mixed dorm and our room mates were a nightmare. They came at night very drunk and loud and started threatening us, but kuckily my friend managed to sneak out to tge reception. The woman was fortunateky very friendly and found usvanother room. Rest of the stay was just fine. Breakfast was amazing!!

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Finland

I would like to inform everyone that I and my friend were not able to stay at the hostel. It was the most crowded reception we have ever seen, and sadly, full of refugees. We didn't feel safe and secure, we got out and found another place to crash in. Sadly, this might be the situation right now in many hostels. I don't have any discriminative thoughts, it's just that I and my friend didn't prefer to stay in a mixed dorm room of refugees, while we were expecting to see and meet other travellers.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

I was staying in a female 6-people room, the room was fine, but quilt and pillow had some dark stains, so ttah was a bit dissgusting to use them, even with fresh bedclothes. Also I'd recommend to the hostel to check their guests before check in. I was sharing my room with to woman for who these room was like a flat, who were not speaking nor geman neither english and who were openly disgusted that i'm staying with them in the same room. Lack of lockers forced me to leave my bag in the reception.

Very easy, cool, happy place to be. Thank you!!

• 24th Jul 2015