A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

We stayed one night. The place is fine. Huge groups of school children crippled the staff's ability to smile under the pressure.

Had a great time!

The guests are filthy... Ok. I can do nothing about that (only ask them politely to clean up after themselves). But the "cleaning crew" of the hostel should also take care of the garbage and the restroom, of course, which they did not do! The duvet was enormously dirty (hairs and blood etc.) and the door to balcony could not be opened. There are no locks for lockers. For that price, the conditions should be more suitable and comfortable.

My room was in the basement and I had to pass few doors to get there but at least you don't hear all the groups of teenagers talking. The sheets were in option for the bed. At first I found the room was ok despite its place. Also, it was ready two hours before the check-in. In the room I had to bend to take something on the floor and I saw that it was disgusting under the beds. I found old sheets from earlier travellers and balls of dirth!! For the price, I thougt it would be better but no...

They did everything they could to make sure we were feeling ok because we arrived at the same time as a bus group and it took over an hour to check in. I was very impressed with how they handled it.

The best location, and the delicious coffee.

The hostel is badly overcrowded. Check-in system is awful. Two nights in row our 6-bed room was check-in with 8 people. And instead of scattering people around the guy from desk asked two share the beds.

Busy hostel, have to upgrade wifi service for a fee - the free wifi is terrible.

We were rather disappointed when we arrived at this hostel, as all our other hostels had been wonderful until now. First of all, they charge you for your sheets..3euro, then the FREE WIFI turned out to barely work in the reception area and didnt work at all in any of the rooms. It is meant to be a hostel however there are no tea-making facilities, kitchen or even fridge for the guest to use! Staff were friendly but not very helpful when it came to tours, directions and laundry facilities.

10 minute walk to train station, then one stop to get to the city. You have to pay for sheets which is ridiculous, even for hostels. Breakfast was 7 euros so I recommend stopping at the bakery on the way to the train station!

Huge hostel, more like hotel..they kept bringing people in my room to give them beds that were already taken. People just didn't get sheets and just slept on the comforters. The wait was more than 1 hour to check in. Drunks out front. I've stayed in a lot of hostels all over the world, this one was one of the worst. Pro: private bath with soap in my room, and a hairdryer. Anyone could come in front door and get to room....

Don't expect more than you pay for. It is okay as a bed for the night and nothing more. Dirty, bathroom hadn't been cleaned for days, no bedlights, staff who didn't care or know anything. I would NOT come back, i would rather pay a little more. And being a big hostel with 900 beds is no excuse for being that dirty.

Having to pay 3€ for beddings (while I had mine but theygot refused) was the second bad surprise as the first one was the obnoxious attitude of the reception manager (called Janine). I came with a big smile and she welcomed me like a prison door. I left my book & some foodon my bed but when I came back in the evening, all was gone. I went to the reception, the same girl simply replied "what do you want me to do about it ?". Nothing, don't worry I'll never come back again.

• 13th Jun 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful even though my bus had arrived two hours later than planned. Thank you

In the value for money bracket this place really does not get off the ground, around 30€ and for that you get very little! The nicest part is the closeness to the bus station and the bar downstairs! But the room was grimey, beds below average and having to pay for linen and wifi is not something you expect for the price you pay for the room! Overall very disappointed with the place.

• 29th May 2014

お部屋でもfree wi-fiが使えると良いです。

Was a decent hostel for the price, but had to pay for our own linens which we did not expect but that's our fault. Off of a very busy street so not very quite in the rooms but a decent place to stay. Rooms did smell kinda wet but was tolerable. They are not close to the middle of the city so had to take a taxi to get around to most places but like the bar they had and a underground parking garage. We would stay here again.

I didn't like the atmosphere of this structure. The room was not very clean and the breakfast was not included in the price. I think that this is the hostel with the worst price/quality ratio I have ever been visit. But at least the receptionist was very kind.

• 2nd May 2014

staff was friendly, polite and helpful. there are different bedrooms, most of them to the streetside at the junction of 2 major streets. there was traffic noise all over the night and additional noise from drunk young male men, probably in front of hostel's entrance. so I hard a hardtime to fell into sleep and had my 2 worst nights since longtime. If I have a choice I will stay in a different hostel next time

We arrived and the guy on the desk had our booking wrong and blamed us despite having a print out of what we booked. We were treated like cattle. The room was roasting and the beds were filthy and had not been changed. The window didn't shut in our room properly. The noise from the street and hostel was horrific-screaming and shouting despite a supposed curfew on noise. The bathroom was black and full of hair. Worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Would never ever go back!