A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

This hostel is like a tourist factory with many dormatories in a big building. When we slept, some people were allowed to check in at 7 am arriving in the room, discussing and laughing... Internet connection is only at the reception and it is very very very slooooow (like 56k modem, 12 years ago). Rooms are not specially clean, I recommend not to use sheets on the beds provided by the hostel. Beers are quite cheap at the bar of the hostel.

The wifi is absolutely garbage here. It takes hours to connect, not to do anything, just connect. I had to handle a couple things while I was there and the internet killed an entire day. There isn't even a starbucks in a reasonable distance to make it forgettable. The room was decent and the lockers were appreciated.

• 12th Aug 2014

Very close to main central station, but so many loud young people....

We experience soap crisis. To wash my hands all soap boxes in common toilettes was broken.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

This was a good place to stay. It is a ways a way from the city center so you will have to be up for long walks or using transit. The receptions desk was ALWAYS busy and understaffed. The wifi connection at night was terrible. Far to many people trying to connect making it incredibly slow.

• 6th Aug 2014

Literally the worst place ive ever stayed. The only thing worse than the disgusting rooms / toilets (they clean them once a week) was the extremely rude staff. I asked for new sheets (which I had to rent) as theirs gave me bed bugs to which they said Its not my problem. I wouldnt send my worst enemy to this hole!!!!

it's clean and comfortable, much better than I expected

• 5th Aug 2014
  • China

We booked a 6bed room but they gave us a 8 bed, looked like a basement and we had no wifi. But the staff was there to help nonetheless. Overall a good place to stay

Lots of people, staff couldn't get done with everybody, a lot of noise and the rooms are never clean for the same reason. There were bugs in the reception. It was my only option so I had to take it.

Only wifi in the lobby. Bathroom in the room with you which is nice, friendly staff. Crowded in the lobby always and a line to check in.

I stayed on an room that was overbooked. It wasn't clean on the floor en also the beds were very old. There wasn't really a place where you could meet people and is was a big hostel so for individual travelers it's not a good hostel. I had lucky with my dorm so it became nice to stay there.

• 4th Aug 2014

There was no atmosphere because the common area was very small and always full of guests trying to check in (average waiting time 20-30 minutes). There is no guest kitchen and no tables in the common area so you can't even sit around and have a drink or play cards together in a group. The price was good though although the room was HOT and you couldn't open the door to the balcony because it was locked! I would have rather paid slightly more for a better hostel. Also, there were flies EVERYWHERE

Clean and tidy place. Good staff, though the reception was a bit crowded especially during the busiest hours so you should be patient and prepared to wait for some time to check in. I staied in a female dorm for six and it was a very good quality for money I spent.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Finland

Unfortunately I have to give the hostel a low rating based on comparison to other hostels I stayed during this 40 days trip. It was one of the worse hostels I stayed. The location is a bit far out with nothing around at night. It's like they turned part of a cheap hotel into hostel, there are SOoo many people staying there like a prison. The staff were overworked and not happy. Lineup to check in/our was huge. Bathtub were half blocked so you stand in your/other's dirty water when you shower

I was worried after reading reviews of this hostel but decided to try it and it was ok. Reception was very busy, took a while to check in, but the rooms were fine and bathrooms ok.

We were 3 men, but the hostel said us we can give 2 sheets, sheets are ended.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

The room was seemingly dirty and I paid for a female dorm, but they were four males and two females, including me, in the room.

• 25th Jul 2014

We stayed one night. The place is fine. Huge groups of school children crippled the staff's ability to smile under the pressure.

We were scared because of some of the poor reviews but ended up being pretty satisfied with our stay! First thing to know: this is a PARTY HOSTEL and the cheapest option in town. Don't go into your stay here with other expectations or you may well end up being disappointed. We found the staff to be very helpful and fun and the hostel to be one of the most active bars near the station too! The "40 person dorm" was divided up into smaller areas and weren't that bad!

Had a great time!