A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

Its close to the bus and train stations but the neighborhood is empty, only a subway sandwiches and nothing more.

The hostel was gut and have a good location, but we have a problem with ours roommates. They were allowed to bring drinks in the room, they get in the room really late and stay drinks in the room.

• 3rd Feb 2015

the staff has been very moody to all of the guys and girls that asked them questions and doubts. the hallways stink to high heaven. the positive side is that the rooms are ok, which means that they're hot and fortunately they don't smell as bad as the hallway does so that at least you can sleep well. there's no wifi in the rooms, which is kind of uncomfortable, but you can surf for free in the hostel hall. the bathroom was ok, and there's also a wardrobe to hang your clothes.

• 1st Jan 2015

The Hostel was old and dirty.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Awesome hostel, cannot wait to go back! Must Stay!

• 27th Dec 2014

1.The hostel trying to keep the lobby clean but the dirty made by the various nationality people who stayed in. I sat in the lobby and noticed the behaviour of people surrounding. The hostel can not control the bad habit of customer. 2. In the room is clean

I had a very pleasant sleep in the Hostal. It was clean.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Served by a middle aged man who exhibited condescending tonality and body language upon unpleasant discovery for additional charges for linen, which is not included in the price detailed on the website, but rather as a fine print. He questioned whether I was going to be sleeping on a 'sleeping bag'. Atrocious. Kindly review the attitude of your staff, which is seemingly repulsive.

I think this hostel

DISGRACE! On arrival I was greeted by an unpleasant, impolite, the-world-owes-me kinda female receptionist, which clearly doesn't have an idea what being professional means. PAYING FOR SHEETS 3 EURO?! EXCUSE ME?! The facilities are poor, there is no kitchen, no fridges, bathroom stinks of urine, and the room was full of old litter. The staff don't care. No one is there to help you when you need it. 18euro for a night in a place like this? I should be paid to stay there.

The day I have stayed there is only because all other hostel nearby the city is full. This hostel is smelly like other people comment. You are requested to pay extra 3eur for bedsheets when you check in. I have stayed in a 6 people shared room, when I get in the room , all the lockers are already occupied by someone. And inside the room are a lot of beer bottles. It's not really a good stay in this hostel.

When I read the reviews I worried a bit but actually I think that's a great place to stay at for a cheap price. The staff was kind and helpful. Our 8-bed-room was good even if the windows of the bathroom should have been cleaned a bit more. But actually I didn't really care about it. This hostel is really near the Hbf and there are a lot of local transport lines near it so you can go everywhere from there. I loved staying there if I go to Munich again I'll stay there again!

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

Cleanliness assessment was based on my room the common area was fine! but as i was staying in a dorm as people had obviously been there for a few days the bathroom floor was filthy and there were dirty towels on the floor! this didn't really affect me as i was only using the hostel as a place to sleep for the night but if i was staying for more than one night i think i would have been very unhappy!

• 28th Nov 2014

I booked this place because all the other places I wanted to stay was filled. The reviews I read left me feeling unsure. However, I stayed there for two night and did not find anything wrong with this establishment. I would not mine going back there again. With this hostel I caution you... Reviews are an individual opinion. Your opinion may militate against some of the other opinions you had read...

They never clean the bathroom, you can see the sink is dusty and the bathtub in silt! There is so horrible! Also, the room's desk all is rubbish!

Rooms are spacious and location is quite ok, it's close to the train station, but the building is huge and there is no hostel party atmosphere... the building is rather old.. Breakfast (additionally paid) is great!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Poland

The location of this hostel is really good because it's not far away from the Omnibusbahnhof. I expected a lot more from this hostel though. I asked a 6 bed dorm for ladies only and I got mixed dorm, and ended up being there with 5 men. The room was dirty, especially the bathroom. I had to remove the dirty sheets from a prewious guest (and I had to pay for my sheets!). There were lockers in the room but no keys. In the middle of the night some people were talking so loud I couldn't sleep.

그저그럼 시끄러움

This was a horrible experience. Seeing their poor rating before I booked I was hoping for the best but it turned out as hostelworld.com's rating would predict. My bad experience was for a number of reasons: the atmosphere in the reception (the only common area) was like a hospital waiting room, with a couple of older men watching darts on the TV; drunk teenagers in hall kept me awake all night; blood all over my duvet; room was disgustingly messy (no cleaners????). Do not stay here.

Expectations were low, but i didn't think it would be this bad. Besides being the scene of the biggest cockroach I've seen in the downstairs toilets, the bathroom wasnt clean, the shower filled up to your ankles because there was so much hair clogging the drain and one of the beds in the dorm which was to be used that night by a new arrival want even changed. You have to check out at 11 and check in at 3, I don't see what be's done in those 4 hours.