A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

I was staying in a female 6-people room, the room was fine, but quilt and pillow had some dark stains, so ttah was a bit dissgusting to use them, even with fresh bedclothes. Also I'd recommend to the hostel to check their guests before check in. I was sharing my room with to woman for who these room was like a flat, who were not speaking nor geman neither english and who were openly disgusted that i'm staying with them in the same room. Lack of lockers forced me to leave my bag in the reception.

Very easy, cool, happy place to be. Thank you!!

• 24th Jul 2015

I booked on the internet and paid 20% of money, when i arrived, they said me we are totally full. after some arguments they gave us a full empty room

Very busy staff.

when we arrived, the toilet didn't flush and the bathroom was really nasty. also there was a lot of noise during the day and night. the rooms weren't cleaned after someone checked out, as they say they would, but only the trash bins had been emptied.

The disorganization at this hostel has shattered our perception of German efficiency. Check in took upwards of half an hour, understandable given the number of people that an stay there. It's stupid easy to steal beers, if one is so inclined, as the saff responsible for checking the hordes of people is also responsible for taking payment beers. Only other issue was the shower. The drain need to be snaked and the black mold cleaned from the grout. Good value if bathroom isn't a dealbreaker.

Lots of school trips, so lots of loud kids. But met nice people. Room was grotty when we arrived but was cleaned during our stay.

Not the best location if you don't have a tram pass. It's about a 10 minute walk to the nearest S-Bahn station. Rooms were clean and not too small, but the staff was unaccommodating and seemed like they didn't care. Wifi really only works in the lobby but I had a first floor room and it was spotty. There is a shop just around the corner of you need to buy food but no kitchen being such a large hotel/hostel. If I come to Munich again I would try to stay somewhere else just for location reasons.

The hostel was very dirty especially in the bathroom

Except from the cleanless, everything went well:)

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

The dorm we stayed in was disgusting! When i spoke to the staff about how filthy the bathroom was and asked weather it had even been cleaned before we got there, I told no it hadnt and there was nothing they were able to do about it, it was so filthy I couldn't even force myself to go in there. The safe behind the main desk where we left our passports was not locked the entire time we were there. Very dissapointing stay at this hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Most of the time, there was just one staff member in the reception. The cleanliness was not good. The room I stayed ran out of toilet paper. I talked to the receptionist, but nothing happened until I, myself, got the toilet paper. The wifi was terrible, and the reception was very hot.

Worst hostel I've ever seen. We checked out after one night and paid more than double just to find new accomodation elsewhere last minute. DO NOT BOOK HERE.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The internet never worked properly for 3 out of 4 of us. The front desk was extremely understaffed considering their was groups of 20 coming in and only 2 people were available at the front desk. This is a big hostel and if it was run properly that would be fine but the service was bad. The room was incredibly noisy both due to the plethora of teens running down the hallways and the fact that the window had to be kept open due heat....the window opened onto an extremely load Munich street.

I payed for an all-female room, but was assigned to a room with men. When I brought this to the attention of the staff, they did not seem at all concerned by the problem, but they did look bothered that I wanted them to change my room.

• 30th Jun 2015

The hostel charges guests for bedsheets (€3.50 each), but doesn't actually advertise this. The staff didn't seem to understand the rule, and were unable to explain it in either English or German. The first guest receives sheets free of charge, all others must pay. We realised this on arriving at our room and finding only one set of sheets for our group. Allegedly this is company policy, but it's not a problem I've encountered at any other A&O hostel in Germany

Suck,noisy,crowded everyday!I have never seen the attitude of the reception staff like there.Is there any problem with my poor English so that one of the staff shows his face with disappointment.And the wifi there was really bad as long as I left the reception area.I couldn't work in my own room.I will never stay the A&O hostel in any country.

Bad timing I guess but really noisy. Really loud music waking you at 3 o'clock in the morning. Apart from that all good

if all you need is a place to crash in Munich. Then this place is totally worth it. Breakfast is expensive but just take the tram down a few blocks to get a cheaper breakfast. Spent 4 nights there, no major complaints.

Poor cleaning of rooms, extremely loud and early partying (7AM on Friday and Saturday morning), you can hear exactly what your neighbors are doing always, and lack of free WiFi.

• 25th Jun 2015