A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

The day I have stayed there is only because all other hostel nearby the city is full. This hostel is smelly like other people comment. You are requested to pay extra 3eur for bedsheets when you check in. I have stayed in a 6 people shared room, when I get in the room , all the lockers are already occupied by someone. And inside the room are a lot of beer bottles. It's not really a good stay in this hostel.

When I read the reviews I worried a bit but actually I think that's a great place to stay at for a cheap price. The staff was kind and helpful. Our 8-bed-room was good even if the windows of the bathroom should have been cleaned a bit more. But actually I didn't really care about it. This hostel is really near the Hbf and there are a lot of local transport lines near it so you can go everywhere from there. I loved staying there if I go to Munich again I'll stay there again!

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

Cleanliness assessment was based on my room the common area was fine! but as i was staying in a dorm as people had obviously been there for a few days the bathroom floor was filthy and there were dirty towels on the floor! this didn't really affect me as i was only using the hostel as a place to sleep for the night but if i was staying for more than one night i think i would have been very unhappy!

• 28th Nov 2014

I booked this place because all the other places I wanted to stay was filled. The reviews I read left me feeling unsure. However, I stayed there for two night and did not find anything wrong with this establishment. I would not mine going back there again. With this hostel I caution you... Reviews are an individual opinion. Your opinion may militate against some of the other opinions you had read...

They never clean the bathroom, you can see the sink is dusty and the bathtub in silt! There is so horrible! Also, the room's desk all is rubbish!

Rooms are spacious and location is quite ok, it's close to the train station, but the building is huge and there is no hostel party atmosphere... the building is rather old.. Breakfast (additionally paid) is great!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Poland

The location of this hostel is really good because it's not far away from the Omnibusbahnhof. I expected a lot more from this hostel though. I asked a 6 bed dorm for ladies only and I got mixed dorm, and ended up being there with 5 men. The room was dirty, especially the bathroom. I had to remove the dirty sheets from a prewious guest (and I had to pay for my sheets!). There were lockers in the room but no keys. In the middle of the night some people were talking so loud I couldn't sleep.

그저그럼 시끄러움

This was a horrible experience. Seeing their poor rating before I booked I was hoping for the best but it turned out as hostelworld.com's rating would predict. My bad experience was for a number of reasons: the atmosphere in the reception (the only common area) was like a hospital waiting room, with a couple of older men watching darts on the TV; drunk teenagers in hall kept me awake all night; blood all over my duvet; room was disgustingly messy (no cleaners????). Do not stay here.

Expectations were low, but i didn't think it would be this bad. Besides being the scene of the biggest cockroach I've seen in the downstairs toilets, the bathroom wasnt clean, the shower filled up to your ankles because there was so much hair clogging the drain and one of the beds in the dorm which was to be used that night by a new arrival want even changed. You have to check out at 11 and check in at 3, I don't see what be's done in those 4 hours.

I arrived there at 3.30 pm and the room was not ready. But they let me know about it after I payed. Also they told me to wait in front of the dorm room and wait for cleaning staff to come and clean. I waited for an hour in front of that stinky disgusting room but nobody came. I saw other people waiting too. The hostel is in a very bad condition. It is a mess there. So I took my money and left that ugly place. Oktoberfest isn't an excuse for what happened! I don't recommend this hostel to anyone.

I checked in at 15:00 and the room wasn't cleaned yet. The first hostel I had to rent bed linen in, and the sheets had stains on them. The bathroom was horrible, water everywhere which inturn translated to dirty wet footsteps in the room, showered in the next hostel I checked into tge next day. The place was close to Oktoberfest but far from city centre.

Very poor cleaning, dirty and smeelly rooms and bathrooms, very unpolite staff, most immigrants. Bed bugs! Horrible experience!

• 4th Oct 2014

Great hostel.. only stayed there for a night, but wished it had been more. Great bathrooms in the dorms with hair/body gel and the comforter on the best was very warm!!

• 2nd Oct 2014

It was Oktoberfest so the price hike was expected but paying almost 40 a night in a shared dorm and then being charged extra for bedclothes was not. The atmosphere was very impersonal, the hostel is too large to provide a personal feeling service i suppose. As a stopover it is fine but don't expect to spend an enjoyable time in the hostel itself.

The ladies at the front desk were always very helpful and happy to talk, them and the breakfast were the two big positives for me. The free wifi was terrible, the available computer was slow and very limited with what you could do on it. The rooms/beds were the least comfortable I stayed in on my trip and the bathroom was small and felt greasy. I came for the end of Oktoberfest though so the hostel had gone through weeks of being torn up by drunk people; possibly why it wasn't clean

Shared dorm and shared bathroom was a nightmare...

대체적으로 괜찮았지만, 와이파이가 잘 끊기고 같은 방 쓰는 여행자들이 욕실을 더럽게 사용한다면 매우 불편할 수 있습니다.

I went for Oktoberfest and it was perfect! It was a 20minute walk away from the main train station as well as the grounds. The breakfast was AMAZING it had everything and fully stocked from 6:30am-10:30am (breakfast, coffee, tea, cereal, fruits, vegetables, salad, eggs, bread, toaster etc.)

We were staying during Oktoberfest but in the four nights we stayed we only had our bathroom (shared between 8 people) cleaned after the first night so it wasn't too pleasant. The dorms are basic but spacious enough. Wifi was really bad and didn't get better even when you paid for it - but this also could have been due to Oktoberfest and so many people online. The staff were great and would assist with early check-ins when they could.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4