A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

Expectations were low, but i didn't think it would be this bad. Besides being the scene of the biggest cockroach I've seen in the downstairs toilets, the bathroom wasnt clean, the shower filled up to your ankles because there was so much hair clogging the drain and one of the beds in the dorm which was to be used that night by a new arrival want even changed. You have to check out at 11 and check in at 3, I don't see what be's done in those 4 hours.

I arrived there at 3.30 pm and the room was not ready. But they let me know about it after I payed. Also they told me to wait in front of the dorm room and wait for cleaning staff to come and clean. I waited for an hour in front of that stinky disgusting room but nobody came. I saw other people waiting too. The hostel is in a very bad condition. It is a mess there. So I took my money and left that ugly place. Oktoberfest isn't an excuse for what happened! I don't recommend this hostel to anyone.

I checked in at 15:00 and the room wasn't cleaned yet. The first hostel I had to rent bed linen in, and the sheets had stains on them. The bathroom was horrible, water everywhere which inturn translated to dirty wet footsteps in the room, showered in the next hostel I checked into tge next day. The place was close to Oktoberfest but far from city centre.

Very poor cleaning, dirty and smeelly rooms and bathrooms, very unpolite staff, most immigrants. Bed bugs! Horrible experience!

• 4th Oct 2014

Great hostel.. only stayed there for a night, but wished it had been more. Great bathrooms in the dorms with hair/body gel and the comforter on the best was very warm!!

• 2nd Oct 2014

It was Oktoberfest so the price hike was expected but paying almost 40 a night in a shared dorm and then being charged extra for bedclothes was not. The atmosphere was very impersonal, the hostel is too large to provide a personal feeling service i suppose. As a stopover it is fine but don't expect to spend an enjoyable time in the hostel itself.

Shared dorm and shared bathroom was a nightmare...

대체적으로 괜찮았지만, 와이파이가 잘 끊기고 같은 방 쓰는 여행자들이 욕실을 더럽게 사용한다면 매우 불편할 수 있습니다.

I went for Oktoberfest and it was perfect! It was a 20minute walk away from the main train station as well as the grounds. The breakfast was AMAZING it had everything and fully stocked from 6:30am-10:30am (breakfast, coffee, tea, cereal, fruits, vegetables, salad, eggs, bread, toaster etc.)

We were staying during Oktoberfest but in the four nights we stayed we only had our bathroom (shared between 8 people) cleaned after the first night so it wasn't too pleasant. The dorms are basic but spacious enough. Wifi was really bad and didn't get better even when you paid for it - but this also could have been due to Oktoberfest and so many people online. The staff were great and would assist with early check-ins when they could.

The worst hostel I had been in Europa. I was attacked by bugs in the night. Bad wii fi also. Not clean restroom and room.

We got there at 3pm to check in but we didn't have the room before 4:30 because they were still cleaning it. Ok, we understood that it was a mess because it was the Oktoberfest and didn't say anything about it, but surprise! after three nights sleeping there my whole body was full of FLEA STINGS!!! Of course it came from the bed because cause I was getting new ones after sleeping on that bed again!! VERY DIRTY and just unacceptable!! Even being a hostel, the minimum you can expect is cleanness!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Reviews are really bad. I went during oktoberfest so there was a lot of people. The check in didnt take that long, maybe 10 minutes. The wifi isnt always fast but it's there. 15 minutes walk to oktoberfest (for that price, it's really good). I had to stay one more night because my friend was at the hospital. They gave me a room for really cheap with no one in it. There was a kitchen and a comfy bed. You have to pay for linen so don't be surprised or bring your own.

My review is kind of jaded, since I was staying during Oktoberfest, but I tried to keep that in mind in regards to the hostel. Knowing that, the only thing I didn't like about this place was the cost for my friends. The hostel was clean, the staff helpful, and the location a short walk to the hbf. If I visit Munich again, this will be up there on my list of places to stay

• 26th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel has a good location and is easy to find. The staff was very helpful even with to many oktoberfest people going around. The only problem is the free internet that doesn't work, so don't count with it.

Nice! All works good Enjoyed my stay

During my stay - two nights, the room was so dirty and bathroom just discusting. The WiFi didnt work at my room at all.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

The rooms are cleaned every day, the location is quite central. It's a place for young people, because it can be quite noisy some time.

Nice breakfast, ok rooms. Internet Connection is pretty slow, should maybe improve. Overall good value for Money.. you can't ask much more for the Price, apart that the Internet should be improved.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Weird hostel, weird people. Would not stay again but for that one night I survived.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4