A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

We arrived and the guy on the desk had our booking wrong and blamed us despite having a print out of what we booked. We were treated like cattle. The room was roasting and the beds were filthy and had not been changed. The window didn't shut in our room properly. The noise from the street and hostel was horrific-screaming and shouting despite a supposed curfew on noise. The bathroom was black and full of hair. Worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Would never ever go back!

This is probably the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. If you are a drunk hooligan this place is perfect for you! If you want something close to the city center, a place to get some rest after walking all day, to meet interesting people from around the world, this hostel is NOT for you. I dont mind drunk people too much but if you're screaming all day and all night, turning on lights at 2am and being a belligerant ass then no thanks. Staff next to useless. BE WARNED

the room was completly DIRTY! with a lot of dust it´s semms that nobady clean since 2 o 3 weeks.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Spain

During the night, foreing persons entered the Hostelroom, although we had payed for all the beds in the room (Keep it private). Very bad!

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Location is good, close to the main train station. But! Sheets are not included in the price, you should pay 3 euro. The balcony door was locked. There was no wifi in the room. If you want to use wifi in the room you should pay. Towels were not provided too!!! I am sure you can find better places for this money! So, don't go to this place!

Pros: good location and comfortable beds. Cons: horrible and disorganized staff. The attendant gave us a key for a room that was already filled with guests, so we had to comeback the hole way and face the queue again to receive another key that might fit our reservation. We lost more than 1 hour trying to receive the correct key to our room. The staff is also rude and not interested in helping the guests or solving any problem.

Amazing place to stay. The coziest thing is bathroom inside rooms.

It has just wii fi on the lobby. It was the only hostel that I had been that doesn't have wii fi on the rooms.

the staff are unfriendly. the bed didn't clean after someone already check out. I booked 6-bed Female room but they gave me 6-mix room without telling me that there are all full at that time. but I already booked online, their booking system has some problem. I would never stay there again!!!!

The hostel is ok. Not so far from the centre 15 minuts by walk. It s a really big hostel with a lot of rooms. There is not the atmosphere of a small hostel but if you are looking for a place to stay it s ok.

I stayed in A&O City Hackerbruecke at the beginning of the november. I was alone in a 6 person dorm room for 2 night. But still they cleaned the room every morning. The worst thing in the hostel is you cannot connect wifi when you are in your room. you need to pay 5€/day for internet access. For me this is extremely too much and extremely nonsense. About location it is just 2 or 1 stop to Munich ZOB by tram, or you can walk for 10-15min. To Hauptbahnhof less tha 10min. by tram. In sum, i sugest.

Well established hostel, friendly and knowledgable staff. good sized rooms cleaned daily. free wifi in reception only. It is a big hostel/hotel so it can get quite noisey. over all was an awesome say, highly reccomended :)

something needs to improve more and more

Terrible staff - unfriendly, slow, act like you owe them something. spoiled lifts. Worse staff to have interacted with. Its no surprise this hostel has a low rating. everything else was ok since i have low expectations.

This hostel was average in everyway. It was very basic as far as most things go. It wasn't the cleanest hostel i have been in, but i think that had more to do with the others in our room. It is a little far from the city center, but it is an easy walk and the tram stops right outside. We choose this hostel because it still had beds available. It wasn't the best, but it also isn't the worst.

Add 5 Euro for blankets on top of that. No kitchen and the elevator was not working well ( I waited 10 minutes and nothing happened). After reaching the hostel (quite far) you might need to climb 5 floors. The baggage place was very small and I could not put my back pack in. Internet only available in crowded ground floor and the staff were quite busy no time to chat with.

No free Wi-Fi internet in the rooms, no free bed sheets and pillowcases, beds were old and creaky.