A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

The worst hostel I had been in Europa. I was attacked by bugs in the night. Bad wii fi also. Not clean restroom and room.

We got there at 3pm to check in but we didn't have the room before 4:30 because they were still cleaning it. Ok, we understood that it was a mess because it was the Oktoberfest and didn't say anything about it, but surprise! after three nights sleeping there my whole body was full of FLEA STINGS!!! Of course it came from the bed because cause I was getting new ones after sleeping on that bed again!! VERY DIRTY and just unacceptable!! Even being a hostel, the minimum you can expect is cleanness!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Reviews are really bad. I went during oktoberfest so there was a lot of people. The check in didnt take that long, maybe 10 minutes. The wifi isnt always fast but it's there. 15 minutes walk to oktoberfest (for that price, it's really good). I had to stay one more night because my friend was at the hospital. They gave me a room for really cheap with no one in it. There was a kitchen and a comfy bed. You have to pay for linen so don't be surprised or bring your own.

My review is kind of jaded, since I was staying during Oktoberfest, but I tried to keep that in mind in regards to the hostel. Knowing that, the only thing I didn't like about this place was the cost for my friends. The hostel was clean, the staff helpful, and the location a short walk to the hbf. If I visit Munich again, this will be up there on my list of places to stay

• 26th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We went during Oktoberfest and only stayed for one night. The room was expensive during this time of course and understandable. We were in and out without many complaints. Wasn't wowed by anything though.

The hostel has a good location and is easy to find. The staff was very helpful even with to many oktoberfest people going around. The only problem is the free internet that doesn't work, so don't count with it.

Nice! All works good Enjoyed my stay

During my stay - two nights, the room was so dirty and bathroom just discusting. The WiFi didnt work at my room at all.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

The rooms are cleaned every day, the location is quite central. It's a place for young people, because it can be quite noisy some time.

Nice breakfast, ok rooms. Internet Connection is pretty slow, should maybe improve. Overall good value for Money.. you can't ask much more for the Price, apart that the Internet should be improved.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Weird hostel, weird people. Would not stay again but for that one night I survived.

The internet speed was really awful.

This hostel is like a tourist factory with many dormatories in a big building. When we slept, some people were allowed to check in at 7 am arriving in the room, discussing and laughing... Internet connection is only at the reception and it is very very very slooooow (like 56k modem, 12 years ago). Rooms are not specially clean, I recommend not to use sheets on the beds provided by the hostel. Beers are quite cheap at the bar of the hostel.

It was a very good stay at A&O City Hackerbruecke Munich, good service and good stuff, thank you :)

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Morocco

we were bunked with 4 young asian boys. they didn't know how to use a shower curtain. the bathroom was full of 1" of water and their black hair all over the place. it was absolutely disgusting. we told the hostel staff about the situation and asked for some towels so we could at least walk in the bathroom without wet feet. the staff told us they would just send somebody up there. Nobody showed up until the next morning. when they showed up they ended up only changing the shower curtain

• 12th Aug 2014

The wifi is absolutely garbage here. It takes hours to connect, not to do anything, just connect. I had to handle a couple things while I was there and the internet killed an entire day. There isn't even a starbucks in a reasonable distance to make it forgettable. The room was decent and the lockers were appreciated.

We had to wait for almost an hour to check in, which wasn't expected in such a big hostel.

Long queue at the reception for the check-in, the hall looked quite messy..anyone could easily walk in.. After several attempts my friend & I finally managed to use wifi on our mobiles but the signal was not very good in our room. The room was clean but hot and the kitchen was available only for those who were paying to have breakfast there, so we were a bit disappointed!

Very close to main central station, but so many loud young people....

We experience soap crisis. To wash my hands all soap boxes in common toilettes was broken.

• 8th Aug 2014