A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

Weird hostel, weird people. Would not stay again but for that one night I survived.

The internet speed was really awful.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Iran

This hostel is like a tourist factory with many dormatories in a big building. When we slept, some people were allowed to check in at 7 am arriving in the room, discussing and laughing... Internet connection is only at the reception and it is very very very slooooow (like 56k modem, 12 years ago). Rooms are not specially clean, I recommend not to use sheets on the beds provided by the hostel. Beers are quite cheap at the bar of the hostel.

It was a very good stay at A&O City Hackerbruecke Munich, good service and good stuff, thank you :)

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Morocco

we were bunked with 4 young asian boys. they didn't know how to use a shower curtain. the bathroom was full of 1" of water and their black hair all over the place. it was absolutely disgusting. we told the hostel staff about the situation and asked for some towels so we could at least walk in the bathroom without wet feet. the staff told us they would just send somebody up there. Nobody showed up until the next morning. when they showed up they ended up only changing the shower curtain

• 12th Aug 2014

The wifi is absolutely garbage here. It takes hours to connect, not to do anything, just connect. I had to handle a couple things while I was there and the internet killed an entire day. There isn't even a starbucks in a reasonable distance to make it forgettable. The room was decent and the lockers were appreciated.

We had to wait for almost an hour to check in, which wasn't expected in such a big hostel.

Long queue at the reception for the check-in, the hall looked quite messy..anyone could easily walk in.. After several attempts my friend & I finally managed to use wifi on our mobiles but the signal was not very good in our room. The room was clean but hot and the kitchen was available only for those who were paying to have breakfast there, so we were a bit disappointed!

Very close to main central station, but so many loud young people....

We experience soap crisis. To wash my hands all soap boxes in common toilettes was broken.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

The hostel was located about 20 minutes walk from the railway station in a nice area. The rooms were good, but no access onto the balcony. The reception was permanently busy with many queues and there seemed to be a shortage of staff. The computer terminals weren't working.

• 7th Aug 2014

While the basic hostel was ok, the two times we checked in there was a large queue of people also waiting. Checking in took around half an hour each time. We have never had this with any other hostel

Hostel, like most other A&O hostels was fine. Very basic rooms and small communal area/bar. Had lovely people in our room. It was a short tram ride or 30 min walk into town.

This was a good place to stay. It is a ways a way from the city center so you will have to be up for long walks or using transit. The receptions desk was ALWAYS busy and understaffed. The wifi connection at night was terrible. Far to many people trying to connect making it incredibly slow.

• 6th Aug 2014

Literally the worst place ive ever stayed. The only thing worse than the disgusting rooms / toilets (they clean them once a week) was the extremely rude staff. I asked for new sheets (which I had to rent) as theirs gave me bed bugs to which they said Its not my problem. I wouldnt send my worst enemy to this hole!!!!

it's clean and comfortable, much better than I expected

• 5th Aug 2014
  • China

We booked a 6bed room but they gave us a 8 bed, looked like a basement and we had no wifi. But the staff was there to help nonetheless. Overall a good place to stay

Lots of people, staff couldn't get done with everybody, a lot of noise and the rooms are never clean for the same reason. There were bugs in the reception. It was my only option so I had to take it.

Your housekeepers took my travel sheets from me, I let you know about it, and then you did absolutely nothing to get them back to me by the time I left Munich. So in summation, you stole $40 from me. Furthermore, I got in contact with a manager named Franziska Dessaules who hasn't responded to my e-mail yet. It's been almost a month. It's amazing how unprofessional you are. I'm shocked, really.

Only wifi in the lobby. Bathroom in the room with you which is nice, friendly staff. Crowded in the lobby always and a line to check in.