A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

Overpriced Had to pay for sheets and when we got to our dorm there were already sheets on the beds. They had been placed there, we queried reception and requested a refund because it was obvious that you don't need to pay. They refused.

• 23rd Sep 2015

Short tram ride to the main station. The room however was quite dirty... Bathroom floor was constantly saturated and then the toilet paper etc would get wet so always had no toilet paper and had to source our own. Beds were average, if either person on bunk slightly moved whole bed would squeak and shake. Bar area was okay, wifi was okay but wasn't the best from our room as we weren't that close to reception. No kitchen facilities unfortunately. Considering it was Oktoberfest it was value for $$

We spento one night in a 8-bed room. The room was tiny but clean with a comfortable private bathroom. There was a lot of noise during the night, made by some hosts in the aisles. The wifi was well working in the room, less in the hall. Good position, only 10 minutes on foot to the Oktoberfest place. Unfortunately we stayed there during the Oktoberfest so that the price for a room was unbelievably high. It's possible to leave the bags in the luggage room after checking-out.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Stayed here in an 8-man dorm for Oktoberfest - location is brilliant, ten mins walk to the Fest. It's cheap and cheerful, though prices are hiked up for Oktoberfest, but that is the same across the board in Munich. If you have a roadside room the traffic is very loud in the morning (particularly if window open!). Would probably stay here again.

• 22nd Sep 2015

Good, clean, and safe hostel. It was a little out of the way from the centre, but tram is so near.

Cheapest hostel to stay during Oktoberfest. Despite from that, I have stayed in nicer hostels.

Decent hostel. Got most of the stuff you need and a good atmosphere

We went there during Oktoberfest so the price is very high, yet it is already the cheapest around the city centre. The building was old and a bit untidy. Luckily the staffs are friendly. Probably there's better choices but it is the only cheap option for me at that time.

Dirty, dark, lockers all broken. It was 'cleaned', but it was still grim. Prison springs to mind when in there. They only save grace were the staff, who acknowledged they were shit and gave us a full refund.

wifi was pretty terrible

Okay to stay there, but nothing special. Bring your own lock if you want security. They charge extra for bed linen and credit card payments.

Our stay was good, but the bathroom could be clean!

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Mexico

A big plus is the quality food available at breakfast.... The Coffee is excellent.

• 18th Sep 2015

Breakfast was good, but the rooms felt uncleaned

I booked online for a 1 bed in 6 beds room for 2 nights for the first night everything was ok but for the second night I shocked when i arrive to the room to sleep and i found 2 extra beds added to the 6 before to be 8 beds in the room without take our permission and when I ask the staff they told me that because of oktoberfest so I pay for 6 beds room and then I get 8 beds room!

• 16th Sep 2015
  • Syria

Nice hostel. Good value considering it is in Munich.

Youget what you pay for so it's ok. Security could be better...

I actually went to the hostel expecting the worst due the reviews, but actually it turned out to be pretty decent. The bed as was great, the bedroom as was clean and they had lockers for each person inside the bedroom. I just needed a bed to crash for 6 hours and it was close to the bus station, so it was a good deal.

This Hostel was one of the worst I've stayed at. The room had not enough outlets. I was only there one night, and I brought my own sheets, but my roommates paid for sheets for no reason. I was in a mixed 6-person dorm, and that night there turned out to be 7 people assigned to the room. One of the guys went down to tell the hostel this, and the hostel people came up and didnt do anything! Luckily we all laughed about it and all got some beers and had a mini-party, but sleep was difficult.

One of the worst place i've ever slept in. The room wasn't clean at all, there were so much noise that i wasn't able to sleep at night. The staff was however really helpful, but so exhausted by the huge amount of people that were complaining, that it was hard to ask more from them. Just a place to avoid.