A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

Decent hostel. Got most of the stuff you need and a good atmosphere

We went there during Oktoberfest so the price is very high, yet it is already the cheapest around the city centre. The building was old and a bit untidy. Luckily the staffs are friendly. Probably there's better choices but it is the only cheap option for me at that time.

Dirty, dark, lockers all broken. It was 'cleaned', but it was still grim. Prison springs to mind when in there. They only save grace were the staff, who acknowledged they were shit and gave us a full refund.

wifi was pretty terrible

Okay to stay there, but nothing special. Bring your own lock if you want security. They charge extra for bed linen and credit card payments.

Our stay was good, but the bathroom could be clean!

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Mexico

A big plus is the quality food available at breakfast.... The Coffee is excellent.

• 18th Sep 2015

Breakfast was good, but the rooms felt uncleaned

I booked online for a 1 bed in 6 beds room for 2 nights for the first night everything was ok but for the second night I shocked when i arrive to the room to sleep and i found 2 extra beds added to the 6 before to be 8 beds in the room without take our permission and when I ask the staff they told me that because of oktoberfest so I pay for 6 beds room and then I get 8 beds room!

• 16th Sep 2015
  • Syria

Nice hostel. Good value considering it is in Munich.

Youget what you pay for so it's ok. Security could be better...

I actually went to the hostel expecting the worst due the reviews, but actually it turned out to be pretty decent. The bed as was great, the bedroom as was clean and they had lockers for each person inside the bedroom. I just needed a bed to crash for 6 hours and it was close to the bus station, so it was a good deal.

This Hostel was one of the worst I've stayed at. The room had not enough outlets. I was only there one night, and I brought my own sheets, but my roommates paid for sheets for no reason. I was in a mixed 6-person dorm, and that night there turned out to be 7 people assigned to the room. One of the guys went down to tell the hostel this, and the hostel people came up and didnt do anything! Luckily we all laughed about it and all got some beers and had a mini-party, but sleep was difficult.

One of the worst place i've ever slept in. The room wasn't clean at all, there were so much noise that i wasn't able to sleep at night. The staff was however really helpful, but so exhausted by the huge amount of people that were complaining, that it was hard to ask more from them. Just a place to avoid.

Staff is unqualified mean and disrespectful. The Hostel is as rusty as an old prison, disgusting

POSITIVE: comfortable beds & location just 4 stops out from hauptbahnhof NEGATIVE: older property showing its age; noise due to traffic & chaos during the evening in reception from bus groups

Nice hostel which is located quite close to the center. Very nice and helpful Staff.

You get what you pay for with this hostel. if you know what to expect it doesn't seem that bad so read the reviews before booking! I think the wait at recwption annoyed me the most. 1 staff member isnt enough. And being screamed at in German at 10pm to close the doors and (even though there is no fan or cooling system) is unpleasent. The beers down stairs are overpriced. Go the the supermarket around the corner for 0.85 cent cold beers.

good: shampoo and body soap included hair dryer available. roomcard needed when you leave the room (you cannot forget it in a closed room) The luggage room is hard to reach, there are about 25 steps from the reception to the luggage room. In my 8 bed dorm there werde 5 plug sockets (some pretty hidden) - more would be better It was hot, so the windows had to be open - but it was noisy outside

First of all you have to pay to get bedsheets. The staff are all rude with no sense of urgency. The barman acted like we was asking for an organ when we asked what sandwiches they do. They advertise balconies but you cant actually get onto them, which is lucky because we had a mouse on ours. No wifi in the rooms. Stains on the sheets we had to pay for. Bed side lamps didnt work. The lift doesnt work. Staff arent helpful. Zero atmosphere. €0.50 deposit for plastic bottles that you throw away.