A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

There was no atmosphere because the common area was very small and always full of guests trying to check in (average waiting time 20-30 minutes). There is no guest kitchen and no tables in the common area so you can't even sit around and have a drink or play cards together in a group. The price was good though although the room was HOT and you couldn't open the door to the balcony because it was locked! I would have rather paid slightly more for a better hostel. Also, there were flies EVERYWHERE

Clean and tidy place. Good staff, though the reception was a bit crowded especially during the busiest hours so you should be patient and prepared to wait for some time to check in. I staied in a female dorm for six and it was a very good quality for money I spent.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Finland

Unfortunately I have to give the hostel a low rating based on comparison to other hostels I stayed during this 40 days trip. It was one of the worse hostels I stayed. The location is a bit far out with nothing around at night. It's like they turned part of a cheap hotel into hostel, there are SOoo many people staying there like a prison. The staff were overworked and not happy. Lineup to check in/our was huge. Bathtub were half blocked so you stand in your/other's dirty water when you shower

I was worried after reading reviews of this hostel but decided to try it and it was ok. Reception was very busy, took a while to check in, but the rooms were fine and bathrooms ok.

We were 3 men, but the hostel said us we can give 2 sheets, sheets are ended.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

The room was seemingly dirty and I paid for a female dorm, but they were four males and two females, including me, in the room.

• 25th Jul 2014

We stayed one night. The place is fine. Huge groups of school children crippled the staff's ability to smile under the pressure.

We were scared because of some of the poor reviews but ended up being pretty satisfied with our stay! First thing to know: this is a PARTY HOSTEL and the cheapest option in town. Don't go into your stay here with other expectations or you may well end up being disappointed. We found the staff to be very helpful and fun and the hostel to be one of the most active bars near the station too! The "40 person dorm" was divided up into smaller areas and weren't that bad!

Had a great time!

The guests are filthy... Ok. I can do nothing about that (only ask them politely to clean up after themselves). But the "cleaning crew" of the hostel should also take care of the garbage and the restroom, of course, which they did not do! The duvet was enormously dirty (hairs and blood etc.) and the door to balcony could not be opened. There are no locks for lockers. For that price, the conditions should be more suitable and comfortable.

My room was in the basement and I had to pass few doors to get there but at least you don't hear all the groups of teenagers talking. The sheets were in option for the bed. At first I found the room was ok despite its place. Also, it was ready two hours before the check-in. In the room I had to bend to take something on the floor and I saw that it was disgusting under the beds. I found old sheets from earlier travellers and balls of dirth!! For the price, I thougt it would be better but no...

They did everything they could to make sure we were feeling ok because we arrived at the same time as a bus group and it took over an hour to check in. I was very impressed with how they handled it.

The best location, and the delicious coffee.

The hostel is badly overcrowded. Check-in system is awful. Two nights in row our 6-bed room was check-in with 8 people. And instead of scattering people around the guy from desk asked two share the beds.

Busy hostel, have to upgrade wifi service for a fee - the free wifi is terrible.

There were train and tram station nearby, i just stayed 1 nights for one day trip to go Salzburg. I think it's good to stay for 1 or 2 day. Staff was enough helpful. Properly clean. Not bad. 어느나라나 A

We were rather disappointed when we arrived at this hostel, as all our other hostels had been wonderful until now. First of all, they charge you for your sheets..3euro, then the FREE WIFI turned out to barely work in the reception area and didnt work at all in any of the rooms. It is meant to be a hostel however there are no tea-making facilities, kitchen or even fridge for the guest to use! Staff were friendly but not very helpful when it came to tours, directions and laundry facilities.

10 minute walk to train station, then one stop to get to the city. You have to pay for sheets which is ridiculous, even for hostels. Breakfast was 7 euros so I recommend stopping at the bakery on the way to the train station!

Huge hostel, more like hotel..they kept bringing people in my room to give them beds that were already taken. People just didn't get sheets and just slept on the comforters. The wait was more than 1 hour to check in. Drunks out front. I've stayed in a lot of hostels all over the world, this one was one of the worst. Pro: private bath with soap in my room, and a hairdryer. Anyone could come in front door and get to room....

I booked a female dorm (at an extra cost), only to wake up the next morning to find a guy asleep in the bunk next to me. Apparently there had been a mix up as the hostel was overbooked and I was offered 2 drinks tokens as compensation. We queued for far too long every time we needed to speak to reception (they only had 1 member of staff at the desk - not fair on them or us), which wasn't fun given that the reception was incredibly stuffy most of the time. Comfy beds though and nice showers.