A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

Literally the worst place ive ever stayed. The only thing worse than the disgusting rooms / toilets (they clean them once a week) was the extremely rude staff. I asked for new sheets (which I had to rent) as theirs gave me bed bugs to which they said Its not my problem. I wouldnt send my worst enemy to this hole!!!!

it's clean and comfortable, much better than I expected

• 5th Aug 2014
  • China

We booked a 6bed room but they gave us a 8 bed, looked like a basement and we had no wifi. But the staff was there to help nonetheless. Overall a good place to stay

Lots of people, staff couldn't get done with everybody, a lot of noise and the rooms are never clean for the same reason. There were bugs in the reception. It was my only option so I had to take it.

Your housekeepers took my travel sheets from me, I let you know about it, and then you did absolutely nothing to get them back to me by the time I left Munich. So in summation, you stole $40 from me. Furthermore, I got in contact with a manager named Franziska Dessaules who hasn't responded to my e-mail yet. It's been almost a month. It's amazing how unprofessional you are. I'm shocked, really.

Only wifi in the lobby. Bathroom in the room with you which is nice, friendly staff. Crowded in the lobby always and a line to check in.

I stayed on an room that was overbooked. It wasn't clean on the floor en also the beds were very old. There wasn't really a place where you could meet people and is was a big hostel so for individual travelers it's not a good hostel. I had lucky with my dorm so it became nice to stay there.

• 4th Aug 2014

There was no atmosphere because the common area was very small and always full of guests trying to check in (average waiting time 20-30 minutes). There is no guest kitchen and no tables in the common area so you can't even sit around and have a drink or play cards together in a group. The price was good though although the room was HOT and you couldn't open the door to the balcony because it was locked! I would have rather paid slightly more for a better hostel. Also, there were flies EVERYWHERE

Clean and tidy place. Good staff, though the reception was a bit crowded especially during the busiest hours so you should be patient and prepared to wait for some time to check in. I staied in a female dorm for six and it was a very good quality for money I spent.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Finland

Unfortunately I have to give the hostel a low rating based on comparison to other hostels I stayed during this 40 days trip. It was one of the worse hostels I stayed. The location is a bit far out with nothing around at night. It's like they turned part of a cheap hotel into hostel, there are SOoo many people staying there like a prison. The staff were overworked and not happy. Lineup to check in/our was huge. Bathtub were half blocked so you stand in your/other's dirty water when you shower

I was worried after reading reviews of this hostel but decided to try it and it was ok. Reception was very busy, took a while to check in, but the rooms were fine and bathrooms ok.

We were 3 men, but the hostel said us we can give 2 sheets, sheets are ended.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

The room was seemingly dirty and I paid for a female dorm, but they were four males and two females, including me, in the room.

• 25th Jul 2014

We stayed one night. The place is fine. Huge groups of school children crippled the staff's ability to smile under the pressure.

We were scared because of some of the poor reviews but ended up being pretty satisfied with our stay! First thing to know: this is a PARTY HOSTEL and the cheapest option in town. Don't go into your stay here with other expectations or you may well end up being disappointed. We found the staff to be very helpful and fun and the hostel to be one of the most active bars near the station too! The "40 person dorm" was divided up into smaller areas and weren't that bad!

Had a great time!

The guests are filthy... Ok. I can do nothing about that (only ask them politely to clean up after themselves). But the "cleaning crew" of the hostel should also take care of the garbage and the restroom, of course, which they did not do! The duvet was enormously dirty (hairs and blood etc.) and the door to balcony could not be opened. There are no locks for lockers. For that price, the conditions should be more suitable and comfortable.

My room was in the basement and I had to pass few doors to get there but at least you don't hear all the groups of teenagers talking. The sheets were in option for the bed. At first I found the room was ok despite its place. Also, it was ready two hours before the check-in. In the room I had to bend to take something on the floor and I saw that it was disgusting under the beds. I found old sheets from earlier travellers and balls of dirth!! For the price, I thougt it would be better but no...

They did everything they could to make sure we were feeling ok because we arrived at the same time as a bus group and it took over an hour to check in. I was very impressed with how they handled it.

The best location, and the delicious coffee.