A&O City Hackerbruecke Reviews

Arnulfstr. 102, Munich, Germany

This hostel was filthy. I checked in at 3 and my room was not yet cleaned. I could not even choose a bed at that point because they all still looked slept in. The girl at the fron desk said it woulwould be done in 25 minutes. I left to explore Munich, when I returned at 8:30 pm it was in the same state as when I left. Her solution was to pull the sheets off a bed and hope nobody was sleeping there. It looked like the shower had never been cleaned and the floors had hair everywhere. Gross.

Staff were very rude and unfriendly.

The room smelled of dogs, the hostel was very old and about 30-40 mins walk from the old town. Overall it is a very poor value for money and I would definitely expect much more. I will never want to stay here again.

was located too far from everything that we wanted to see and the rooms weren't too clean

General quality with what you expect from A & O. Clean and well facilitated. Will say that I prefer other A & O hostels just down to prefference, but a brilliant hostel none the less.

Everything was great. The metro station is very close, and from there it's only a 10 minute ride to own own Munich. The rooms ere clean, had decently sized lockers in hem, and they Ben had 24 hour lockers in the downstairs lobby to leave your things in for day if you were leaving late

The hostel seemed to have lots of nice facilities but the staff wasn't actually helpful at all, unfortunately.. We stayed in a mixed dorm and our room mates were a nightmare. They came at night very drunk and loud and started threatening us, but kuckily my friend managed to sneak out to tge reception. The woman was fortunateky very friendly and found usvanother room. Rest of the stay was just fine. Breakfast was amazing!!

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Finland

Busy hostel, only 1-2 Staff serve over 100.people. sometimes wait for long time to enquiry. But the Staff was nice and helpful.

I would like to inform everyone that I and my friend were not able to stay at the hostel. It was the most crowded reception we have ever seen, and sadly, full of refugees. We didn't feel safe and secure, we got out and found another place to crash in. Sadly, this might be the situation right now in many hostels. I don't have any discriminative thoughts, it's just that I and my friend didn't prefer to stay in a mixed dorm room of refugees, while we were expecting to see and meet other travellers.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

I was staying in a female 6-people room, the room was fine, but quilt and pillow had some dark stains, so ttah was a bit dissgusting to use them, even with fresh bedclothes. Also I'd recommend to the hostel to check their guests before check in. I was sharing my room with to woman for who these room was like a flat, who were not speaking nor geman neither english and who were openly disgusted that i'm staying with them in the same room. Lack of lockers forced me to leave my bag in the reception.

Very easy, cool, happy place to be. Thank you!!

• 24th Jul 2015

The reception here was chaos, always a huge queue and few staff. This was the main hang out area as well but not a very nice atmosphere. The rooms were spacious, however they messed up the booking and put me in a room I actually wasn't meant to be and then I had to swap again. Overall the location wasn't great, and there was no kitchen or nice hang out zone which is always good at hostels. But the rooms were big and the bathroom was good. Very hot at night, but in July thats unsurprising.

I booked on the internet and paid 20% of money, when i arrived, they said me we are totally full. after some arguments they gave us a full empty room

Very busy staff.

when we arrived, the toilet didn't flush and the bathroom was really nasty. also there was a lot of noise during the day and night. the rooms weren't cleaned after someone checked out, as they say they would, but only the trash bins had been emptied.

Understaffed, prepare for waiting in long lines in the heat, and no one manning the bar.

The disorganization at this hostel has shattered our perception of German efficiency. Check in took upwards of half an hour, understandable given the number of people that an stay there. It's stupid easy to steal beers, if one is so inclined, as the saff responsible for checking the hordes of people is also responsible for taking payment beers. Only other issue was the shower. The drain need to be snaked and the black mold cleaned from the grout. Good value if bathroom isn't a dealbreaker.

Lots of school trips, so lots of loud kids. But met nice people. Room was grotty when we arrived but was cleaned during our stay.

Not the best location if you don't have a tram pass. It's about a 10 minute walk to the nearest S-Bahn station. Rooms were clean and not too small, but the staff was unaccommodating and seemed like they didn't care. Wifi really only works in the lobby but I had a first floor room and it was spotty. There is a shop just around the corner of you need to buy food but no kitchen being such a large hotel/hostel. If I come to Munich again I would try to stay somewhere else just for location reasons.

The hostel was very dirty especially in the bathroom