A&O Wien Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Sonnwendgasse 11, Vienna, Austria

Pros: Good location and staff. Missed my bus and arrived at 11pm but could still check in - thanks! Cons: 1) Someone else was sleeping on my bed when I arrived. If unknown people could be brought to the room to sleep (for free), this is a security lapse that has to be resolved! 2) No kitchen, which is really disappointing. At least give hot water, it is winter after all. 3) There was a guy who was screaming in his sleep throughout the night, and that is quite unnerving. But nothing you can do...

I didn't like to stay in this hotel despite the fact that the hotel have a good location and was warm and clean. I found the staff rude and not prepared for customer service. I had to pay 3,5 for a bad linen and I had to make my bed. Towel is not included as well, you have to pay for it. I would pay the same amount that I paid for a better place with everything included.

Not a big fan of the "charge-for-everything" model used at this hostel. We arrived at 3:15 pm but room wasn't ready, so we were asked to wait 30 min. After 30 min our room still wasn't ready so we were assigned a different room - the only problem was when we entered it, it already belonged to someone else. And they happened to be sleeping, so we woke them up....When we finally got our room, it was clean and comfortable. Location is ideal if you have an early/late train to/from Wien Hbf stn.

I didn't like the fact that I had to pay 3,50 € for the sheets, normally it's included.

Service was pretty poor. We were first told that parking was free and we could reserve a spot for tomorrow. The next day when we went to move our car we were told that a spot was not held for us, but she could hold one for the next day. On the third day, we were ready to move our car and told the reception, who then told us that their was a daily charge plus a deposit fee. Quite annoying. To add, our room was not cleaned over our stay, rubbish was not emptied or toilet paper refilled.

The hosel is great place to stay. You can see the staff clearing the lobby everyday. However, I doubt they will clear the room regularly, as I found that that shampoo, they offered, ran out for a few days without anyone refilling it. Fortunately, it still offer a good living places. Also, the breakfast seem expensive to me it is €7 per person. Apart from all I mentioned above, I am satisfied of this staying.

not bad choice. but they taking money from everything also bad sheets very close to the train station and also metro but u can find better places :)

Very clean, spacious and safe. It was more like a hotel than a regular hostel. The rooms were well equipped and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpfull. There was a bar but it was closed on the sunday we were there and we didn't get a chance to go to. Not the cheapest but a great value nevertheless.

I had an amazing stay. Very clean! very safe. I just didn't like to pay for bed sheets and breakfast. Should be free.

Located near the Huptbanhof this Hostel is easy to reach, completelly new and very big with a lot of rooms. Reception and bar (!!) opened 24 hours, great staff to manage all this work completely alone!! Unfortunatelly the first night the shower didn't work (no hot water and occluded sewer) but the second night was promptly fixed. Clean, lot of facilities, friendly staff make this hostel one of the best places in which I ever been. Definitelly high raccomanded!! Alessandro (Italy)

They were very under staffed and the staff members we talked to were rude and not helpful. We were placed in the wrong rooms and they separated our group. The wifi was hardly working. The hostel didn't have an atmosphere at all, more of a hotel with families and children running around. I would not stay here again.

FirMy issue with that hostel is that it is soooo big, and there are so many people that it's seems very businessy. You have to pay for everything! And the costs are totally out of price. 8,40 euros to do laundry in a hostel is not reasonable. Also, there are so many people checking in and out at all hours of the day that no staff has time to help you for anything. It took me 30 minutes to be able to buy my hop-on hop-off tour one night. It's more like a hotel than an hostel to say right.

It was not so easy to find the hostel. I think putting a sign somewhere would be helpful. Other than that, the rooms and toilets were very clean.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Egypt

Hostel was huge and kind of impersonal. It wasn't very social or welcoming. The staff was overworked and a bit frazzled. Also, the wifi didn't work well at all, and we had to pay extra for sheets. The location is very close to the metro so it's easy to get around, but the building is hard to find if you're new to Vienna. Everything was spotlessly clean!

The Internet does not work! This is really bad for travelers. I could barely check in my flight. The place is gigantic, it can accommodate lots of people, but there is usually only one or two people in the reception handling also the bar in simultaneous. That means you will have to line up all the time for whatever you want (a beer, a towel, information, check in). The amount of time you wait to be served is unacceptable. There is so many people getting in and out, reception is very cold.

Everything was good; location, staff (some were ok some were really friendly and helpful). Beds were comfortable(you need to hire the bed sheets), the bathroom and toilet were in the room and clean. There is a luggage room where you put

It was more a hotel than a hostel, which for me is great. It's located near the metro, which is great as well. The room was very spacious with a bathroom and a toilet in it. The price was very good but what I didn't like was that we had to pay quite much for the bed sheets and the towels. Overall, it was a good stay.

“Very clean room/bathroom.The location is great, really close to Vienna train station. ”

The hostel is a two minute walk from the main train station and the S-Bahn so is the perfect base for getting around Vienna. There are plenty of shops/cafes within walking distance too. We stayed in the hotel part and the room was basic but comfortable and clean. At check in we added an extra night to our stay and the receptionist arranged it so we could stay in the same room even though it was already booked. Its not the most atmospheric hostel but its good value for money with lovely staff.

A brand new building, right next to the new station but not noisy considering proximity to trains. Although not much going on in immediate area. The room was very clean but perhaps a little cramped compared to what the photo suggests.

• 19th Aug 2014