A&O Wien Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Sonnwendgasse 11, Vienna, Austria

The hostel was good, but you need to pay 8 € to have blankets.

• 15th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Pretty much a hotel with bunks. You have to pay for linen too for an extra 3.50. It's pretty clean. Perfect if you don't plan to meet anyone and just need a stay for a night next to the Hauptbahnhof. Don't stay here if you want to meet people.

I stayed several A&O Hostel in different countries. It is always same good hostel. İt's really close to the metro and main train station. Romms are big, comfortable, clean. I think only problem, bed linen is not included. If you dont have your own bed line, you should pay their cost and rent it.

I was so surprised when I saw the room! It was really spacious, perfectly cleaned and full of facilities (it even had shower gel and shampoo, haha). The staff was very friendly and one of them knew how to speak even romanian!

THIs isn't quite a hostel. It's basically regular hotel rooms that's just been fitted with bunk beds NEXT to twin beds. So that's weird. Space were very small, rooms aren't quite ready even after coming back 1/2 hour later than when the reception told me. I found the people manning the reception was very rude. Being told that "sorry we have lotsa bookings" isn't what I would expect when I was enquiring why isn't the bed ready. Also they charge for bedlinens! Would not recommend this.

This hostel is great value for money in Vienna. It was quite busy with groups but this was only noticeable in common areas and not a problem in the dorms. It is a bit of a walk out of the city centre but the main station is right by so it was no problem getting into the centre or to the next destination. Each hostels atmosphere is only what you make of it and I had lovely people in my room, so my stay was a pleasant exoerience.

Clean and efficient hostel in Vienna.

this is a hotel. i had school kids on my floor

More of a hotel than a hostel, this place was comfortable, clean and well located. You will have to pay extra for linens, unfortunately, but that's not a deal breaker. The rooftop bar was nice, breakfast was solid (if expensive) and the wifi worked. Other than that, it's basically just a cheap hotel. Look elsewhere for atmosphere or fellow travelers if that is your goal. You probably won't find them here.

It was alright. The room was big & clean. Not much of an atmosphere though... and I think its a big outdated to charge extra for sheets - most backpackers dont carry sleepingbags

Hostel is nice and clean, it has really good location, very close to the main railway and bus station. Stuff was helpful and polite.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Poland

For the money we spent this hostel didn't really give us the best experience. Not the best location, absolutely no atmosphere and the staff really did not care. The room was fine and it was spacious but it was all very basic. Also the extra charge for linen was annoying. Wouldn't really go again but it wasn't horrific.

Great hostel - not located very centrally. Seems more for tour groups, families and school trips than backpackers but great facilities. Some issues with the internet.

Brilliant hostel, clean and secure, located right next to a metro station as well as one of the main train stations - most of the staff were brilliant as well (bar one!)

Was a nice hostel but not much vibe. More of a hotel than a hostel. Kitchen wasn't that great.

Nively located hostel close to the main train station. A bit far out from the centre, but by ubahn it takes you ten minutes, so not really a problem. Relatively cheap for Vienna. Completely normal western European hostel, clean and some might say a bit boring.

I had a good experience with the hostel. We stayed for only one night but it was a pleasant one because we learned how to open all the windows and had a little breeze keeping us cool trough the night, otherwise it would probably be hot as hell because the air conditioning is not working. But as I said, for us that wasn't a problem. We were checked in by Denis who was very friendly. The metro station is very close so if you don't mind a few minutes ride to the center, the location isn't a problem

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Slovenia

Big Hostel, with a little bit Hotel flair, somewhere between a Hoste and a Hotel I think. Employes are kind, the roomes are clean (exception: under the beds) Sheets for the bed in a Dorm will be 3.5€ extra (have not seen that before booking, just in the booking mail) They should make it more vissible before booking

Basically a hotel with bunk bedded rooms nonetheless large rooms with en suites Great location near Wien Hauptbahnhof (Vienna central station) and a 5 minute walk from a road full of shops and restaurants Rooms were clean and large and came with a TV Only problem is there is no kitchen or washing machines so you have to go and buy all your meals/food which can become very expensive very quick

It is quite far away from city center you need to take a metro every time to get there but only 3 stops. which is not bad and i didn't expect but it was very very clean! they always fill up out toilet tissue and shampoo or whatever. and cleaned every time! so everything was good and not too bad location but the thing was i needed to wait quite long time to do check in in the hostel, there was no air conditioner ( as i feel) so it was too hot to wait long time

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6