A&O Wien Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Sonnwendgasse 11, Vienna, Austria

This hostel is great value for money in Vienna. It was quite busy with groups but this was only noticeable in common areas and not a problem in the dorms. It is a bit of a walk out of the city centre but the main station is right by so it was no problem getting into the centre or to the next destination. Each hostels atmosphere is only what you make of it and I had lovely people in my room, so my stay was a pleasant exoerience.

this is a hotel. i had school kids on my floor

More of a hotel than a hostel, this place was comfortable, clean and well located. You will have to pay extra for linens, unfortunately, but that's not a deal breaker. The rooftop bar was nice, breakfast was solid (if expensive) and the wifi worked. Other than that, it's basically just a cheap hotel. Look elsewhere for atmosphere or fellow travelers if that is your goal. You probably won't find them here.

It was alright. The room was big & clean. Not much of an atmosphere though... and I think its a big outdated to charge extra for sheets - most backpackers dont carry sleepingbags

Hostel is nice and clean, it has really good location, very close to the main railway and bus station. Stuff was helpful and polite.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Poland

For the money we spent this hostel didn't really give us the best experience. Not the best location, absolutely no atmosphere and the staff really did not care. The room was fine and it was spacious but it was all very basic. Also the extra charge for linen was annoying. Wouldn't really go again but it wasn't horrific.

Great hostel - not located very centrally. Seems more for tour groups, families and school trips than backpackers but great facilities. Some issues with the internet.

Was a nice hostel but not much vibe. More of a hotel than a hostel. Kitchen wasn't that great.

Nively located hostel close to the main train station. A bit far out from the centre, but by ubahn it takes you ten minutes, so not really a problem. Relatively cheap for Vienna. Completely normal western European hostel, clean and some might say a bit boring.

I had a good experience with the hostel. We stayed for only one night but it was a pleasant one because we learned how to open all the windows and had a little breeze keeping us cool trough the night, otherwise it would probably be hot as hell because the air conditioning is not working. But as I said, for us that wasn't a problem. We were checked in by Denis who was very friendly. The metro station is very close so if you don't mind a few minutes ride to the center, the location isn't a problem

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Slovenia

Big Hostel, with a little bit Hotel flair, somewhere between a Hoste and a Hotel I think. Employes are kind, the roomes are clean (exception: under the beds) Sheets for the bed in a Dorm will be 3.5€ extra (have not seen that before booking, just in the booking mail) They should make it more vissible before booking

Basically a hotel with bunk bedded rooms nonetheless large rooms with en suites Great location near Wien Hauptbahnhof (Vienna central station) and a 5 minute walk from a road full of shops and restaurants Rooms were clean and large and came with a TV Only problem is there is no kitchen or washing machines so you have to go and buy all your meals/food which can become very expensive very quick

It is quite far away from city center you need to take a metro every time to get there but only 3 stops. which is not bad and i didn't expect but it was very very clean! they always fill up out toilet tissue and shampoo or whatever. and cleaned every time! so everything was good and not too bad location but the thing was i needed to wait quite long time to do check in in the hostel, there was no air conditioner ( as i feel) so it was too hot to wait long time

The first hostel in which I paid for bedsheets and first hostel in which there is a category for internet usage. Use of computers is not free. in my whole euro trip this was the worst hostel.

Well I was told that Vienna was gonna be a right tear up but as far as full throttle banter goes there's not even a pinch of snatch or group of boys to get enough laughs in. Staff couldn't be less helpful, not knowing cheap places to eat or even bars to go to! As said in other reviews, they always seem to be doing you a favour as though their job is solely to check you in. Did not appreciate having to pay for bedding with their leather mattresses and un air conditioned rooms. Kitchen the worst

When we arrived, all beds in our room were dirty. When we notified the staff, the response of one member of staff was 'So? What do you want me to do about it?'. Luckily a more polite gentleman moved us to another room. Unfortunately it was incredibly hot. It was absolutely unbearable and I couldn't sleep at all. Wifi wasn't good. In addition, there was a lot of grime and dirt between the beds, so it doesn't seem like the cleaning is particularly thorough.

When I arrived the blanket on my bed had some kind of brown crusty residue on it. When it was 'replaced' the one I got instead had a bunch of smaller stains on it. The rooms had poor ventilation leading to massive overheating, and the '2mb' wifi rarely ever worked and when it did it was never '2mb'

• 9th Aug 2015

It says on there but I'm saying it again. They charge for linens, who travels with their own? Charging for towels, maybe. But lots of hostels provide towels. It's scummy business practice, trying to catch those who don't read the fine pribt off guard with thevlowest price only to pay the same or more with hidden costs like linens. And extra fee for using a credit card. Was not a fan, left the next day.

awful stay, staff were ride and unhelpful, room was filthy and our 2 beds in order one hadn't been made the other pushed together for someone to have a double, asked where local hospital was as I was very unwell to which none of the staff new and said it takes between 30minutes and 2 hours to get there, severely disappointed and very over priced

Perfectly located next to the train station and takes a short journey on the underground to get to the old town! Everything was very clean with the hotel vibe but hostel prices. Although it does have a communal area as it is large and you dont get to meet many other travellers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6