A&O Wien Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Sonnwendgasse 11, Vienna, Austria

Great location and clean room! A v big hostel and everything was good! But only hv a microwave in kitchen... Could not cook...

we were surprised to see all the additional costs you pay for simple things like sheets etc and it cost a ridiculous 8.80 Euro to using the laundry facilities!!! facilities which were ONE washing machine and ONE dryer. The staff weren't very overall friendly and when we asked them where the laundry area was (as we didn't see a single sign for it!) we were treated like idiots. It's more like a hotel and we felt too intimidated by moody staff to ask for any advice/help

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Wales

It is slightly noisy but it is to be expected from a hostel.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Vietnam

Dirty, disqusting and smelly "kitchen" (not even possible to cook pasta or make a steak). People who shouldnt sleep in my room did. We was 8 people in a 6 beddorm. Probabbly friends to other who stayed in the dorm. Didnt feel safe. So in the middle of the night i changed room. Overall a very bad experience. Some of the stuff was very nice and friendly though.

They dont clean the room every single day. I didnt like this because the bathroom was so dirty while i stayed there. When i asked them the reason, they said they dont clean the room if no one has checked out on that day. It is weird and should be improved.

This is the hotel part I'm referring to. A first class set up in an excellent location easily walkable from the main station with a good link to the airport(one change at Rennweg). The only problem I had was actually finding it from the map, address and directions I had. It is not on the main street in the address (Sonnwendgasse) but round the back of a building which is a "Fitness Club" on the main street. So you have to go left by some offices marked BMF. There is a 24 hour reception and a bar

Pros: Good location and staff. Missed my bus and arrived at 11pm but could still check in - thanks! Cons: 1) Someone else was sleeping on my bed when I arrived. If unknown people could be brought to the room to sleep (for free), this is a security lapse that has to be resolved! 2) No kitchen, which is really disappointing. At least give hot water, it is winter after all. 3) There was a guy who was screaming in his sleep throughout the night, and that is quite unnerving. But nothing you can do...

I didn't like to stay in this hotel despite the fact that the hotel have a good location and was warm and clean. I found the staff rude and not prepared for customer service. I had to pay 3,5 for a bad linen and I had to make my bed. Towel is not included as well, you have to pay for it. I would pay the same amount that I paid for a better place with everything included.

Not a big fan of the "charge-for-everything" model used at this hostel. We arrived at 3:15 pm but room wasn't ready, so we were asked to wait 30 min. After 30 min our room still wasn't ready so we were assigned a different room - the only problem was when we entered it, it already belonged to someone else. And they happened to be sleeping, so we woke them up....When we finally got our room, it was clean and comfortable. Location is ideal if you have an early/late train to/from Wien Hbf stn.

I didn't like the fact that I had to pay 3,50 € for the sheets, normally it's included.

Service was pretty poor. We were first told that parking was free and we could reserve a spot for tomorrow. The next day when we went to move our car we were told that a spot was not held for us, but she could hold one for the next day. On the third day, we were ready to move our car and told the reception, who then told us that their was a daily charge plus a deposit fee. Quite annoying. To add, our room was not cleaned over our stay, rubbish was not emptied or toilet paper refilled.

The hosel is great place to stay. You can see the staff clearing the lobby everyday. However, I doubt they will clear the room regularly, as I found that that shampoo, they offered, ran out for a few days without anyone refilling it. Fortunately, it still offer a good living places. Also, the breakfast seem expensive to me it is €7 per person. Apart from all I mentioned above, I am satisfied of this staying.

not bad choice. but they taking money from everything also bad sheets very close to the train station and also metro but u can find better places :)

Very clean, spacious and safe. It was more like a hotel than a regular hostel. The rooms were well equipped and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpfull. There was a bar but it was closed on the sunday we were there and we didn't get a chance to go to. Not the cheapest but a great value nevertheless.

I had an amazing stay. Very clean! very safe. I just didn't like to pay for bed sheets and breakfast. Should be free.

Located near the Huptbanhof this Hostel is easy to reach, completelly new and very big with a lot of rooms. Reception and bar (!!) opened 24 hours, great staff to manage all this work completely alone!! Unfortunatelly the first night the shower didn't work (no hot water and occluded sewer) but the second night was promptly fixed. Clean, lot of facilities, friendly staff make this hostel one of the best places in which I ever been. Definitelly high raccomanded!! Alessandro (Italy)

They were very under staffed and the staff members we talked to were rude and not helpful. We were placed in the wrong rooms and they separated our group. The wifi was hardly working. The hostel didn't have an atmosphere at all, more of a hotel with families and children running around. I would not stay here again.

FirMy issue with that hostel is that it is soooo big, and there are so many people that it's seems very businessy. You have to pay for everything! And the costs are totally out of price. 8,40 euros to do laundry in a hostel is not reasonable. Also, there are so many people checking in and out at all hours of the day that no staff has time to help you for anything. It took me 30 minutes to be able to buy my hop-on hop-off tour one night. It's more like a hotel than an hostel to say right.

It was not so easy to find the hostel. I think putting a sign somewhere would be helpful. Other than that, the rooms and toilets were very clean.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Egypt

Hostel was huge and kind of impersonal. It wasn't very social or welcoming. The staff was overworked and a bit frazzled. Also, the wifi didn't work well at all, and we had to pay extra for sheets. The location is very close to the metro so it's easy to get around, but the building is hard to find if you're new to Vienna. Everything was spotlessly clean!