A&O Wien Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Sonnwendgasse 11, Vienna, Austria

I was the only one in my room that actually got charged for sheets which is frustrating. However it's a nice big building with huge rooms, lots of space ad very clean. The roof top area seemed nice however wasn't fully open while I was there. Nice place to stay!

Usually very clean and secure. Internet pretty solid. Mix of friendly and not as friendly staff. Went back and stayed again after going out of town- would recommend!

• 1st Jul 2015

Nice, clean, large hostel just on the fringe of the city centre (but very close to metro). The crowd staying here ranges from children to older people so the atmosphere for a young traveler isn't the best.

I loved the location because it's two minutes from the train station and really close to the center in metro. i also walked to the center and it took me 20 minutes. In the mornings there was only one person handling everything, and it took some time until thst person actually paid attention to me, but besides that everything is good. The rooms are incredibly spacious and the beds are extremely comfortable! Would stay here again.

Nice place and good location. Although, I think they should improve the check out system (make sure everybody left the room at the time they should).

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Austria

Room was dirty upon reaching the room. No towels were available for both days.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • India

Excellent facilities, excellent service

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Greece

Staff seems to be indifferent towards clients - contact was not bad, but also not good. Just average. Maybe they should be paid more? :)

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Nice hostel. I only chose this one was because it was very close to the central train station, hence it's name. so I was only there a night. it's pretty close to the other rail systems too, so getting around would still be pretty easy. Facilities were nice, A&O are always very clean and comfortable stays. they have you pay extra for sheets, which is annoying. Everything else is great

From the moment we entered the hostel the staff were rude and reluctant to help with the exception of a girl who we believe was called Talitha. The facilities in terms of food were terrible and with no restaurants close by there was no option but to go into the expensive city centre. At night the what sounded appealing Sky Bar wasshut at 10pm, no doubt for safety reasons, leaving you sat in a boiling bar with little more than a fan and one member of staff. Overall dull, poorly staffed but clean

• 12th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I marked security as 'average' because in the 6-bed room I was staying in there was an extra person (two girls were sharing one single bunk bed). There are also hardly any accessible plug sockets in the rooms which is inconvenient, but other than these two things it was a good stay in A&O Hauptbahnhof.

• 10th Jun 2015

In general, extra cost to be paid for having linen is quite strange for me. Breakfast price is also more expensive as compared to the price in other hostels. It would be better for these 2 aspects to be improved.

Good location, good and clean rooms, staff not friendly, you have to pay for everything (use the computers, breakfast, etc) no good atmosphere. It's not bad but definitely I wouldn't go back.

we were quite surprised that you have to pay extra for bed sheets, although we didn't see it at the booking and we assumed it's obvious in a hostel... (it's not about the money btw but why is it not included??)

• 29th May 2015
  • Hungary

Location of this place is pretty good, but I don't like that I had to pay 3.5 for the sheets (advice: bring your own) and then change them on my own! meaning I had to take of the old used sheets! this hostel seems pretty cheap, but if you add all additional costs, it's not such a good deal anymore. I would choose another place next time....

It was very clean. Very good location, easy access to every tourist attraction by U-Bahn. Internet connection was very good.

• 1st May 2015
  • Turkey

If you must stay in Vienna for one night, then this is acceptable. If you have another comparably priced option, then choose it.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Romania

Great location and clean room! A v big hostel and everything was good! But only hv a microwave in kitchen... Could not cook...

we were surprised to see all the additional costs you pay for simple things like sheets etc and it cost a ridiculous 8.80 Euro to using the laundry facilities!!! facilities which were ONE washing machine and ONE dryer. The staff weren't very overall friendly and when we asked them where the laundry area was (as we didn't see a single sign for it!) we were treated like idiots. It's more like a hotel and we felt too intimidated by moody staff to ask for any advice/help

It is slightly noisy but it is to be expected from a hostel.

• 11th Apr 2015