A&O Wien Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Sonnwendgasse 11, Vienna, Austria

We had a reservation in a 4 bed room, but we got a 6 bed room with two other guests. Since we did't need a room for a longer time, only for one night, we did't argued. Otherwise everytning was ok.

• 6th Feb 2016
  • Slovenia
  • Couple, 41+

One light in the living room and another small one near my bed were out of order. Excellent wifi and location. Clear room. If the price can include the bed covers, it will be perfect.

if the host can clean the room everyday that will be really nice,also,the time of check out will be little late that will be better!

Firstly the price was extremely high to begin with, and then we find out that nothing is included. Had to pay to have working wifi because the free wifi is overwhelmed, pay for linens, pay a fee for PAYING with anything besides cash, pay for breakfast, pay for bag storage, pay for parking. So all these amenities that they have listed as having they don't actually have. Because anyone can pay for parking and say that because there is a garage around the corner we have parking availible.

The hostel is not really bad. I stayed there with 5 of my friends in 6-bed room. But I just had a not really good experience when I came into the room and found that 2 people were already in our room, whereas there should had been only one other person occupied my 6-beds room. However, the staffs were quite good to handle the problem and they finally could move us to another room. The wifi was really really slow!!! And I'd rather to surf the internet in wien hauptbahnhof which was close to it.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

The hostel has a good localisation but the staff is rude. They are not kind with us! I would not recommend this place.

Everything is expensive, just a few persons in the reception, the kitchen is so small for all guests, the bar in the 6 floor never working.. The atmosphere is good because you can play soccer table and snooker with your friends in the lounge, but everything you have to pay..

There are no way to know which bed is for everyone, I paid in the morning but have to wait more than an hour after check in time, the staff forgot to give me sheet beds but they charge that

A&O is definitely run more like a hotel than a hostel, but my advice is to hang out in the lobby to meet people. It's nice to have a few beers and chat. Close to train and bus station so it was easy to venture where I wanted. All in all the bed was comfy, the place was clean. It's about all you can ask for as a traveler.

No complains at all. Best hostel I've been so far. It's a hotel.

TERRIBLE HOSTEL, RUINED MY STAY IN VIENNA. First: The location is terrible, I needed to take metro every time that I wanted go to a sightseeing. Second: In this hostel you have to pay for EVERYTHING, also to use the kitching(20€ as deposit). Third: I had problems to open the door of my room and after 1 hour, the staff said that didn`t exist reserv in my name and wasn`t paid, and after solve the problem, he said I could stay in the same room, so I had to take all my things and change room.

Don't ever stay at this hostel!!! My friends (and everyone else in their room) had their money and profissional câmera stolen from their locker. Someone entered the room and broke the back of the locker. The staff refused to call the police before 7am (they noticed the robbery around midnight), were very rude and even made fun of the situation. The damage has not been repaired and the hostel hasn't given any explanation yet.

It was a good stay. Would be better if cheaper breakfast options are available.

Just a few stops to the city centre. Really close to the train station. Facilities are great and clean, just like a hotel. Bathroom and toliets are included.

no dishes available, no sheets included, no towels, extra taxes for any small service, poor internet connection (unless PAID). worse experience than in other european hostels

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Spain

The wifi connection is slow.

The hostel just gives what it promises, which is a good thing. The staff were too young and kinda overwhealmed with everything they had to do, and also looked a bit unmotivated. The location is very good, since Haupbanhof station is at walking distance.

The good part : 1. Location is pretty easily accessible . 5 min walk from the Vienna central station. 2. The rooms were very clean . Separate toilets and showers in a 4 bed dorm is a great time saver. The bad : 1. Extra 3.5 € for linen ? Why isn't it mentioned anywhere on their page ? Makes no sense to me . 2. I wanted a water bottle at 10:30 from the hostel bar . Ended up waiting for 20 mins and the barman said that he was a little busy . Ended hi spending the night without water.

• 25th Dec 2015

that was good for me

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

They didn't have the correct change at reception when I ordered breakfast, so they thought it would be okay to charge me double without saying anything. The light in the bathroom wasn't working, making it largely unuseable.