Academica Summer Hostel Reviews

Hietaniemenkatu 14, Helsinki, Finland

Good location, nice rooms and good facilities.

The room was clean and comfortable, and all the facilities were of good quality. Breakfast was definitely too expensive, though, and the luggage room needs lockers so that people can be secure in the safety of their possessions. But a good, professional hostel.

Location is good and it is not noisy at night. The area is calm. Not far from the center. Breakfast is not good for 7 EUR. (it is not food, just boiled egg, vegitable, bread, milk etc. like simple menu) Friendly staffs, but they are so busy, so I couldn't get tourist informaition freely. But it is no problem. The tourist information center is near so, you can go there and get all necessary inf. Room is clean, has all necessary things and has simple design.

• 26th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

Beautiful room with a small kitchen

• 26th Aug 2013
  • Japan

We found the freezer dirty of ice-cream and curtains, room 504.

• 25th Aug 2013
  • Spain
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel! very central location, it's within the university area feels very safe. Our twin-shared room was very spacious, very clean bathroom, toilet and kitchen. The bed was very comfy too! The reception is 24 hours and all the staff were so friendly and helpful. We loved it! Highly recommend it to anybody who's visiting Helsinki!

The facilities are very good. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. Unfortunately you'll get wifi only at the hostel's reception. The breakfast was really expansive (7/8 €) for the service, since they had very few options of food and drinks.

We were pleasantly shocked to find such a good service at such a price. Thank you.

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • Russia

good as always. It's my first choice in Helsinki

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • China

I already stayed there last summer, but that time I booked a single room and I was so satisfied this time I decided to go back there again, mainly for the excellent position (right in the center, a few minutes away from Kamppi center and all). I was so happy because I thought I booked one bed in a four rooms dormitory, and I got it in a two beds rooms, and my roommate was so clean and cool I didn't even have to lock my baggage at night lol The staff is really helpful and friendly also, love it!

Really good accommodation. Not really a hostel per se, but very nice rooms.

It's a really good place to stay if u dont wanna make friends! Kind more a Hotel than a hostel! Really clean, organized and good beds n shower! I've stayed in a twin private room! Dont think the kitchen in the room works for a 10 bed dorm, imagine the smell and the noise!

A great place to stay! Everything you need is there, and the staff is welcoming and helpful. Plus: a sauna!

The hostel was located in a great part of town - walking distance to a supermarket, beach

Well, It is a little difficult to find the hostel. I arrived at 7:10 the central station and it nearly costed me 40 minutes to reach. In reality, it is not so far from the central station. I think maybe it is because I used my map in the wrong way. Well, everthing is Ok. I suggest that if you are the first time to go to Helsinki, you'd better ask someone to help. Don't be shy.

Excelent hostel. Rooms are spacious and clean. The kitchen facilities are a major plus.

Best hostel.. Nice value for your money. No is close to downtown but a tram line is near the hostel.

The rooms were very barack like with no kitchen utensils and the beds were very uncomfortable one even collapsde and we had to change rooms. The hostel was not handicap friendly. Dayroom very small and busy.

booked a 8-person-dorm if i remeber right and got a 2-person-student apartment with kitchen and huge bathroom and everything! really awesome! really nice staff and everything!

The overall atmosphere of the place was less communal than other hostel I have stayed. The hallways reminded me more of a hospital than a hostel. I never got the WiFi internet to work. I would have liked to see a more friendly and engaging staff. Perhaps rearranging the furniture and changing the lighting of the kitchen area may provide for a warmer atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5