Academica Summer Hostel Reviews

Hietaniemenkatu 14, Helsinki, Finland

Decent sized rooms and well equipped, just lacked a bit of atmosphere. Great if you just need a place to stay, but not a place to meet other travellers.

The double room was big and perfect for a couple. I felt the place really lacked any atmosphere though and I wouldn't have wanted to stay there as a solo traveller.

I certainly did not appreciate, instead of being placed in a 4 bed dorm as booked, to be squeezed in a 2 bed room with just a 65 year old Indian business man. Otherwise, utterly devoid of any hostel atmosphere, but clean and convenient, and for a great price.

We are a family that needed a cheap place to stay the night in Helsinki. The staff was friendly and the facilities were good (beds/bathroom/etc.) it's not a hotel though - no coffee or kettle I'm the room. The kitchenette is nice but wasn't very well equipped with glasses, bowels, etc. We had our own coffee but had to go downstairs to drink it. Overall good value for money in comparison to a hotel.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Israel

Large, well furnished rooms, even equipped with kitchen. Close to Shopping Centre "Kamppi" and the City Centre Easy to reach by public Transport. Minor Queue for Check in NO WIFI in HOSTELROOMS (only LAN, ie not suitable for Smartphones)

kitchen in the room with no equiptment

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Only downside is there is no wifi in the rooms.

Wifi is only accessible in the lobby area and the common room (which is open from 7-12am... what a joke), but no connection anywhere else. You always have a crowd of people sitting on the stairs at the lobby, trying to catch the wifi. Also, kitchen in the rooms is nice but without any proper equipment its somewhat pointless. I'd expect these basics for the rather hefty price. On the plus, staff are friendly and efficient.

Very Good, but no WiFi in the rooms.

My sisters and I stayed at this hostel for the second time after more than one week of traveling. Although we reserved a four bed dorm room, we were split into two upgrade private rooms. Unfortunately, the handle on one of the windows was broken down that could not shut off the noise from the outside---- there is a pub across the street that's full of boisterous crowd. We had a hard time to fall into sleep.

The only issue with this amazing place is that there is no WiFi in the rooms.

The hostel is divided in different buildings, so I had to walk outside the main building. Anyway I got a small apartment and it was really good with kitchen, toilet and everything you need inside. The location was quite good also, it was such a quiet place to stay. I enjoyed it for sure and I would reccomend it to everyone who's coming in Helsinki. The best choice for sure for quality/money.

Better location than most Helsinki hostels, but open only during the summer (stayed there August 2015). I was in two bed dorm room with simple kitchen facilities. Biggest downside is lack of lockers. They offer tiny safety boxes for valuables at the reception, at extra cost. Not that security would be a major concern here, but still lockers should be a must. The breakfast they offer is hardly worth the money, better make use of the supermarket next door.

beatifull rooms, sauna, atmosphere 100x100 recommended