Adventure Queenstown Hostel Reviews

Level 1, 36 Camp Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

This was my second stay at the Adventure Queenstown Hostel, and I couldn't be happier with my experience. The last time I was here I thought it was the best hostel I ever stayed in, yet somehow management has found more ways to improve guests' experiences (e.g. outlets by each bed with two USB ports, upgraded TV, free movies, free WiFi, etc.). If I make it back to Queenstown, I'm absolutely staying here again!

• 25th Feb 2014

This was more than a hostel, it was as if it was a nice hotel with amazing people! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

The hostel was better than all of the hotels I stayed in, in New Zealand! Fab facilities, the staff were super helpful and the location was brilliant!

In 9 years of backpacking, this hostel was one of the best that I've ever stayed in. I've recommended it to 3 other people since I left Queenstown, 3 days ago.

Such a excellent time in that hostel! If you go to Queenstown it is definitly the place where you have to stay. A lot of space in the dorms, some special attentions for female dorms. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Thank you Lisa for your warm welcome! Thank you Brett for our conversations about wine!

Great location, great staff, great perks. Likely the best hostel I've ever stayed in!

• 20th Feb 2014

Very well positioned.., nice little balcony to unwind ... All round good place to stay

Very awesome place! Comfy beds, powerpoints and hooks everywhere, super secure, lots of storage space, kitchen and dining area are fantastic, lounge and tv area is super comfy, the only downside is the slow internet but that's everywhere in NZ. Staff are extra super helpful, free international calls, cheap dinner nights, books to borrow! Just excelllent :) Prime location too!

By far THE best hostel I have ever stayed in (& I've stayed in a lot!) Brett the lovely owner, a traveller himself has thought of everything to make it perfect & rectify all the little annoyances in other hostels. Make sure you stay on a Sunday night as Brett's roast is to die for (esp the Yorkshires & we're from Yorkshire!), it really is better than our Mum's - sorry mum! The space hostelworld allows for reviews is not enough to do this place justice! Well done Brett you've created a fab place!

Definitely a good place to stay. You cannot expect more.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Israel

I've travelled all over the world and this was the best hostel ive ever stayed at. Little things that made a huge difference to me where the fact that my bed was made for me when i arrived, you got not 1 but 2 pillows!! And a big fluffy towel sitting there waiting for me. Internet and WiFi was FREE!! Can you believe it?? Its RIGHT in the centre of town, the staff were friendly and helpful, the kitchen was clean and the whole place felt like a 'home' and not a schoool dormitory. Awesome.

This is the best hostel I've stayed at. Incredible location (love the view!), extremely helpful and knowledgeable staff, tons of amazing amenities. Lots of stairs, though, so that could be an issue for those with mobility limitations. Thank y'all so much for a great stay!

• 8th Feb 2014

Nothing can beat this hostel!!!! 100℅ !!!!!!!!! Everything's for free, just loved the stay there

• 8th Feb 2014

This place is pretty amazing. The staff were brilliant and very helpful. They have thought of everything, even the little things that make your stay better. The kitchen is better than my kitchen at home.

One of the best hostels we have ever stayed in. Bret and his team made a big effort to make our stay enjoyable and hastle free. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel like a guest rather than just a customer. The hostel itself is small but has everything you need and some extras you would never expect (such as free international calls!). The location couldnt be better, right in the heart of town. We stayed in one of the private ensuite rooms which I would highly recomend.

• 3rd Feb 2014

Thanks for an awesome stay Brett and everyone else. I can honestly say this is one of the, if not THE, best places I have stayed during my travels. Everything you could ever need is provided and the staff is so kind and friendly, it makes you feel like home. You the place is awesome when you really miss it after you leave! Cheers and thanks again for everything!

This place has all those little extras that really make a difference when it comes to how comfortable a hostel is, like A MILLION HOOKS OMG THE BEAUTIFUL BOUNTIFUL HOOKS. The kitchen was kinda small though, and one staff member sort of just kept talking on and on about how wonderful the hostel was, which I mean we knew already, we didn't need constant reminders.

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in, I felt so at home and was always meeting adventurous and lovely people. The layout of the entire hostel was so organic, everything was exactly where you needed it as well as so much more, it was so well equipped, especially in the kitchen. And even bikes were free to borrow, I also really appreciated the free international calls home. Having free wifi is such a luxury in NZ! Not just the facilities but the staff are incredible people. Just WOW.

• 1st Feb 2014