Ah Shan Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Room 1406, 14th floor, Sincere house, 83 Argyle St, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The staff was very helpful and friendly but there is no 24hr desk so you might not get your key deposit back if you have an early departure. The facilities include a refrigerator for general use and both hot and cold drinking water. The AC machine was very old and loud in the first of the two rooms I had here.

Staff was very friendly.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

the location is good, near MTR Mongkok. every morning the starr always clean the room, the air con works, and i wanna stay in here gain if im back to HK

The hostel is really worth the price I paid for. Although the room is small, the room and bathroom is really clean. Furthermore, it is located less than 100m away from Mongkok MTR which makes it easy to travel to everywhere! Also, the staff is pretty friendly when bringing us to our rooms. I know some people complained about the lifts, but its really not that bad, I didnt have to wait for more than 2 times on a busy night.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

I stay at dormitory room and I like the atmosphere there. the room is clean. the staff always clean the room every morning. Even the provided blanket and towel. The offer many discounted ticket to many tourism atraction in Hong Kong. The location was excelent, just in front of ladies market and walking distance to famous street food area at mong kok. I'm not dispointed staying there. Thanks

Great location, just 3 min walk from Mongkok MRT station.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Comfort and cleanliness room, and convenient for traveling, located near nightlife with many shopping store.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Thailand

It was okay. The good things are cleanliness and location. But about the atmosphere it's terrible.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Thailand

They should provide the clients with a locker. Anyways, the staff was very friendly and patient and the Internet is for free also if you log on from the public computer in front of reception.

• 20th Jul 2014

Bit lacking in atmosphere but then most hostels in HK seem to be that way. Good location and decent value otherwise.

The hostel is clean, but I had a windowless cell-like room. No reading lamp, just a bright flourecent overhead light. But the location is good.

The location is excellent.The elevator is too slow and line up all the time.The room is a bit small and the wall are cracked everywhere inside the room that need to be fixed. Next time around I would prefer something on the lower floor to avoid the crowd.

• 13th Jul 2014

Clean, near shopping place , close to lady market

Extremely greedy to want to charge 200HKD for a 3 hour extension for a bed on my last day when I requested for it. That's totally unethical to do in a business and you just lost all positive business reputation with that. The old man specifically asked where I came from, once I said Singapore, he started thinking how to rip me off. And quoted HK$200, dude I stayed there for 4 days 3 nights, and it's just HK$400+. HK$200 for 3 hours is total bullshit.

I stayed at This hostel many times, the staff are frienly. I like the room for 4 pax and will come back

It's Ok for short stay. e Hotel I It's OK for short stay. Hotel is in a very busy and noisy area. Good for shopping . Good location and near all public transport. But the building is so old and the lift fan so noisy = headache. Room is so small like a cell.

• 14th Jun 2014

would suggest if any is trying to go for the lower rate and doesn't have any requirements at all for the room, you can try this. however if you are trying to get a decent place with a price like this it's definitely not a good choice for you. frequent black outs, TV controller not working, heater have to heat up for 15 mins before using.

• 31st May 2014
  • Singapore

The staff, especially Yolly, was accomodating. There was a power interruption in our room and they upgraded our room for free. It was good enough for a hostel. Of course its not as par with hotels, but still value for money. And the location is strategically situated in heart of Mongkok district, near MTR and Ladies Market.

• 26th May 2014
  • Philippines

Great value in a very expensive city.

• 24th May 2014
  • elms
  • Malaysia

No security person in the bldg coz I was given room in a different building than what I expected during my booking. This is my 2nd time to book in this hostel, and for this stay, I was not satisfied. The room had cob webs, and staff did not clean daily - they only removed the trash. Previously, they clean and provide new sheets, towel and toiletries - that is why I booked again in this hostel. The drinking water heater was so dirty. Most of all, the wifi is NOT working! Can't do any work/surf

• 23rd May 2014