Ah Shan Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Room 1406, 14th floor, Sincere house, 83 Argyle St, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This hostel is a good value for the money. Set in busy Mong Kok near the KTM station on Argyle Street and on the 14th floor away from the street noise. AC worked well. Clean and firm beds. I live in Asia so the tiny bathroom and shower over the toilet job doesn't bother me but may bother some. Drawback, no communal space for relaxing or meeting people.

Staff were friendly and helpful but that's really the only good thing I would say about this place. It is okay if you just want a bed for the night. Extremely basic and could use some removal of clutter. The shower was just a hand held and didnt have warm water, which made it uncomfortable to shower when it was cold. It felt dirty even when the bathroom had just been cleaned. Cheap for HK prices but you definitely get what you pay for.

Great location near Mong Kok MTR station. Lots of stuff to do in the area. Most of the staff were thoughtful and sweet. Pretty small, even for Hong Kong. Not quite the place to go to if you are young, and looking to meet and hangout with the other guests (no real communal area to chill in), but if your looking for an inexpensive, clean place to put your stuff, and get some sleep when you aren't out exploring the city, not a bad choice :)

The location of the hostel is great, centrally located makes it easy to get to anywhere. However pictures of the hostel on the website is different from it actually is, especially the washroom.

• 29th Oct 2015

The hostel is really small we stayed in private rooms. In the hallway we stayed in a family rented out the rooms and were VERY loud. Sadly the doors slam if you don't close them right and this kept happening all night. There's also a blow dryer in the hallway people can use which it's not goodie you're trying to sleep and someone uses it all night. It's a busy area of you're there for shopping it's great. They should remove the blow dryer from the hallway. The beds are hard.

It was a bit hard to find at first. The room was clean, but small...but that's to be expected in Hongkong. The staff was ok, not overly friendly but told us every thing we needed to know and we got the discount for the ocean park tickets.

Right in the middle of Mong Kok made this place in the perfect location. It was very small, but very clean. Just be aware that the rooms are spread over a few floors in a high rising building, but this is pretty common in Hong Kong, and the staff were very helpful.

Ah Shan hostel was a great location, a 2 minute walk to Mong Kok station which connects you with all the other lines on the MTR. There isn't really much of an atmosphere as the rooms are all separated off with no real communal area but as we were only there for 3 days and had lots to do, we didn't mind. One thing I would say, although this appears to be the case in most of Hong Kong, the rooms are really small, you definitely have to let one person pack/get ready at a time. Lovely owner too!

My favorite in Hong Kong so far. The room was clean, Mong Kok is a pretty good area, and the staff friendly.

The room we booked was small but clean, the ac and wifi worked and the hostel was in a good location. No safety deposit box was provided in the room which was the main downside. We didn't really have much to do with the staff or anyone else staying in the hostel so can't really comment on the staff or atmosphere. It was basic but did the job.

The building is old but manageable

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Philippines

Location was exzellent. Really close to MongKok Metro station, right in the middle of the hussle and bussle of HK. There was no hostel atmosphere, because the dorms were on different floors of the building. But a common room type area is probably very unrealistic in a city like HK. Dorms were very small and cramped, but again it's HongKong. The hostel is high enough, so you're not pestered by the street noise at night. Clean and tidy. We couldn't lock our room and the beds are too short.

Good for couple nights. At first night I found a bed bug in my room, although was quite clean 😶

Very basic accommodation at a reasonable price for Hong Kong. Unfortunately the lady who checked me in was extremely unhelpful which really put a dampener on my first time in Hong Kong- she wouldnt even show me where we were on the map! (And I had to ask for a map because she never offered any information). I think for where it is, its a good price but I would probably pay more to stay somewhere more social next time. Skye was a really great help though!

Nice staff. Very helpful. Good location and has what you need. I met cool people there!

• 18th Aug 2015