Ah Shan Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Room 1406, 14th floor, Sincere house, 83 Argyle St, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

付完錢,臺灣去香港開hostel的老闆娘告知沒有原先訂的房型,當我們升級成四人房,原以為空間會比較大,但卻是多了佔走動空間卻用不著的床鋪,而進房間後發現手機收不到WiFi。去和櫃檯員工及老闆娘反應,前者態度極差,完全沒有要處理的意思,還不斷表現出不耐煩的樣子要讓人打退堂鼓,而老闆娘態度也很強硬,還是在在以同鄉情分請求協助才幫忙換房間的。老實說這樣欺負臺灣人的臺灣人讓我覺得噁心和可恥,請抵制住阿山龍祥旅社!同棟還有其他很多選擇,雖然電梯的設計很麻煩。

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

I booked for double bed but the real i got twin bed, what make me feel better just the staff which came from indonesia same with me

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

It was ok. For HK, price is good, I think, but for Europeans, it s quite expensive. Staff is not even speaking English, which I find absolutely disappointing as it is a hostel and it is perfectly normal for them to have guests from all over the world.. The mattress was quite hard, but I think that it is just like that. For me (174 cm) the bed was too small, could not put my feet at the end of the bed, as it was too small.

• 30th Dec 2014

Room was very small as expected. It's literally a bed and a toilet which doubles as a wet room. That is literally it however. Location was ok, close to mong kok station and next to ladies market. Room is clean enough but the building it self is run down and mess. Also very difficult to find.

Enjoyed our stay in HK. Mong Kok is a good area to base in. MTR very handy. Airport bus close by. (Make sure you get an Octopus card for your stay). Lift to 13th or 14th floor can be an event, often enjoyable... Just don't be desperate for the toilet. Our 4 bed ensuite room was typically HK small, but clean and practical. Would stay here again.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Everything is good except the lift need to upgrade as it broke down very often.

Better than I expected compare to last time I stayed 2 years ago as some of the rooms have been renovated.

Really hated this place. I've stayed at hostels all around the world and this was one of the worst.

• 30th Nov 2014

Great location! So close to the Mong Kok MTR station! Our room was clean. Nice hot water in the shower. The ladies market was right across the street but we wouldn't recommend it - high priced and not willing to barter at all. We went to a nearby Indian restaurant called Salaam Namaste. Amazing! We used an app called Open Rice to find it. Also the Stanley market was well worth the bus ride out there. Eat there at Paisano's for pizza. Also recommend Ocean Park - we spent a day there.

From what I've been told, a lot of the hostels in Hong Kong are like this one. They really cram them in there. Our room was barely large enough for the bed and it was a bit of a struggle with two people in the room. That said, it was fairly clean, well ventilated and comfortable. The proximity to the Mong Kok MTR station and Ladies Market were huge plusses. We found it very easy to get everywhere. Just be prepared to spend 10 minutes every time you need to use the elevator. It was fine.

Insufficient and taking long to wait for lift cars to travel up and down.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

stay five night but supply one tower only trought out the whole stay which i think need to be improve

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Singapore
  • Couple, 41+

The lobby and outer surroundings were very dirty but the rooms were okay as it is in a different floor. The rooms were adequate but do not expect so much as this is a cheap hotel. Filipina staff was very unfriendly and wasn't helpful plus the surrounding area outside smells as it is on the poor side of Hongkong and very downtown-ish. Plus side though is the two night markets outside the hotel but this is also available in other parts of HK which are cleaner like YMT or even Central.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

Hi Anges, Thank you for your reviews and ok for our rooms For the outer surroundings , this is managed by the property management Which is not control by our hostel. Regards Fiona

In hostels I am looking for cheap accommodation. A decent roof over my head at a fair price is all I ask. Ah Shan provided that; no need for more in depth analysis.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Everything good enough, but the problem with less plug.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

friendly,accomodating and nice staff clean rooms near to mtr,ladies market,nathan road,bus stations,shops excellent location no hassle

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

Excellent location. Close to Mongkok MTR station (2 min walk) and very close to nice markets. It was perfect for what we needed. Clean rooms.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

i took 3 adults and 2 kids room but the toilet flush is not working. anyhow it's okay for the budget hostel. it's better if the can maintain their facilities so as not to inconvenience their guest.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The location of the Ah Shan is more convenient than other Hostel and easy to look for it. We enjoy our stay in Ah-shan because of their facilities and security and also their Staff are friendly. Keep it up Guys. Looking forward to stay in Ah Shan soon.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Generally are good. The elevator is a bit slow!

• 21st Aug 2014