Ah Shan Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Room 1406, 14th floor, Sincere house, 83 Argyle St, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Clean, near shopping place , close to lady market

Extremely greedy to want to charge 200HKD for a 3 hour extension for a bed on my last day when I requested for it. That's totally unethical to do in a business and you just lost all positive business reputation with that. The old man specifically asked where I came from, once I said Singapore, he started thinking how to rip me off. And quoted HK$200, dude I stayed there for 4 days 3 nights, and it's just HK$400+. HK$200 for 3 hours is total bullshit.

I stayed at This hostel many times, the staff are frienly. I like the room for 4 pax and will come back

It's Ok for short stay. e Hotel I It's OK for short stay. Hotel is in a very busy and noisy area. Good for shopping . Good location and near all public transport. But the building is so old and the lift fan so noisy = headache. Room is so small like a cell.

• 14th Jun 2014

would suggest if any is trying to go for the lower rate and doesn't have any requirements at all for the room, you can try this. however if you are trying to get a decent place with a price like this it's definitely not a good choice for you. frequent black outs, TV controller not working, heater have to heat up for 15 mins before using.

• 31st May 2014
  • Singapore

The staff, especially Yolly, was accomodating. There was a power interruption in our room and they upgraded our room for free. It was good enough for a hostel. Of course its not as par with hotels, but still value for money. And the location is strategically situated in heart of Mongkok district, near MTR and Ladies Market.

• 26th May 2014
  • Philippines

Great value in a very expensive city.

• 24th May 2014
  • elms
  • Malaysia

No security person in the bldg coz I was given room in a different building than what I expected during my booking. This is my 2nd time to book in this hostel, and for this stay, I was not satisfied. The room had cob webs, and staff did not clean daily - they only removed the trash. Previously, they clean and provide new sheets, towel and toiletries - that is why I booked again in this hostel. The drinking water heater was so dirty. Most of all, the wifi is NOT working! Can't do any work/surf

• 23rd May 2014
  • Philippines

We changed our booking thrice and the owner, Fiona was still very accommodating. All assistance needed were given even the booking for the theme parks and other tourist attractions. We'd definitely go back and recommend to friends.=)

• 21st May 2014
  • Philippines

very good hostel, very good location in mongkok, friendly staff, key of the common appartement and key of the room, very good stay in this hostel.

The Sincere House looks like old apartment building, the room and bed is small but the location is good, near to mongkok ladies market, shuttle bus to airport and Mongkok MTR Station (exit D2), if you want to take culinary and shopping, i think this is a right place to stay. The atsmosphere is like chinatown and crowded. I'm little dissapointed with the lady staff. When there is the owner, she will treat you more friendly. But if the owner isn't there, she speak with grumpy tone voice.

• 15th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Everything is good, except that a staff (I believe is their Indonesian maid or sth...) who is very rude, as if she's the boss. The boss (uncle Tai) is the most friendly person I would say :)

• 15th May 2014
  • Malaysia

It's quiet average fir a hostel in Hongkong. I mean everything was alright, they just didn't clean the room properly as we were staying there.

• 10th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Want the room to match the pictures on offer as well. Room for 3 people in picture a room small beds and bed with 2 Class. But the fact is this is a small beds and a double bed. And present detail clear. That room has windows or no windows

• 9th May 2014
  • Thailand

Great location at the heart of Hong Kong, right by Mong Kok station. 7-11 is next door outside, as well as what seems to be a 24 hour street food stand. Clean rooms, comfy beds, air conditioning and wi-fi. Shower kind of weak, but is clean. Not fancy, but no complaints. If you just need a decent place to crash for a few days, this place has great value for the money. They let me stay and sleep off my hangover for 4 hours past my checkout time. :)

• 3rd May 2014

The wall isn't soundproof. Should do some more work on the sound insulation. The staff are all friendly though and provide good service.

They don't provide towel anymore which they used to. You need to rent from them. Should be printed or let guest know during check-in (unless they printed and i did not see it) I have stayed there for 3 - 4 times years ago. This returned trip is a bit disappointed. They used to clean up the floor/bathroom. We stayed there 4 nights the floor never clean.

Location is good. However, the air condition was not functioning, very warm, no remote control to control the temperature, and there was no window in the room, which made it even worse with no ventilation and stuffy.

I'm appreciate it...they was provided me such a good service as a family....and the staff are kindness and made me feel warming...I do to stay again when next time I going...

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Excellent location. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Will come again next time.