Ah Shan Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Room 1406, 14th floor, Sincere house, 83 Argyle St, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

We got special price for purchasing The Peak tickets, which is very helpful for us. Thank you very much!

• 15th May 2015
  • seanjanitra4535
  • Indonesia

i had a nice stay in this hostel :) thank you!

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Single room with toilet will be better, charge a bit more of course.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Ah Shan hostel will charge 3% on top of the hotel price. If this is indicated in the hotel web & was informed earlier, i will choose to book through other booking website which directly charge the credit card without the additional charges.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Location was great, near Mong Kok Station. Thought it would be harder to find from other's comments, but thought it was pretty easy. The Lady's Night market was right across the street which was nice. The whole place was very cramped, but as we only needed it for one night, it did the job. Room was clean. If you need to use the A/C you have to turn it on outside in the hallway. Staff seemed nice enough.

not easy to find, the dorm was really noisy and dirty, so the bathroom

It was second time to visit hongkong. As compared to the previous hostel where we stayed, Ah Shan hostel is far good in terms of its environment and the place is so accessible to MTR station and to the most visited area in HK which is the night market. Ms. Fiona is so accomodating. Hostel World on the other hand is highly reccomendable for leisure bookings in abroad.Keep up the great work.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

付完錢,臺灣去香港開hostel的老闆娘告知沒有原先訂的房型,當我們升級成四人房,原以為空間會比較大,但卻是多了佔走動空間卻用不著的床鋪,而進房間後發現手機收不到WiFi。去和櫃檯員工及老闆娘反應,前者態度極差,完全沒有要處理的意思,還不斷表現出不耐煩的樣子要讓人打退堂鼓,而老闆娘態度也很強硬,還是在在以同鄉情分請求協助才幫忙換房間的。老實說這樣欺負臺灣人的臺灣人讓我覺得噁心和可恥,請抵制住阿山龍祥旅社!同棟還有其他很多選擇,雖然電梯的設計很麻煩。

Cheap with a central location near airport bus and MTR. Clean but bare, not much of an atmosphere for socializing but I was barely there for my one night stay. No lockers.

• 15th Jan 2015

I booked for double bed but the real i got twin bed, what make me feel better just the staff which came from indonesia same with me

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

It was ok. For HK, price is good, I think, but for Europeans, it s quite expensive. Staff is not even speaking English, which I find absolutely disappointing as it is a hostel and it is perfectly normal for them to have guests from all over the world.. The mattress was quite hard, but I think that it is just like that. For me (174 cm) the bed was too small, could not put my feet at the end of the bed, as it was too small.

• 30th Dec 2014

Room was very small as expected. It's literally a bed and a toilet which doubles as a wet room. That is literally it however. Location was ok, close to mong kok station and next to ladies market. Room is clean enough but the building it self is run down and mess. Also very difficult to find.

Enjoyed our stay in HK. Mong Kok is a good area to base in. MTR very handy. Airport bus close by. (Make sure you get an Octopus card for your stay). Lift to 13th or 14th floor can be an event, often enjoyable... Just don't be desperate for the toilet. Our 4 bed ensuite room was typically HK small, but clean and practical. Would stay here again.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Everything is good except the lift need to upgrade as it broke down very often.

Better than I expected compare to last time I stayed 2 years ago as some of the rooms have been renovated.

Really hated this place. I've stayed at hostels all around the world and this was one of the worst.

• 30th Nov 2014

Great location! So close to the Mong Kok MTR station! Our room was clean. Nice hot water in the shower. The ladies market was right across the street but we wouldn't recommend it - high priced and not willing to barter at all. We went to a nearby Indian restaurant called Salaam Namaste. Amazing! We used an app called Open Rice to find it. Also the Stanley market was well worth the bus ride out there. Eat there at Paisano's for pizza. Also recommend Ocean Park - we spent a day there.

From what I've been told, a lot of the hostels in Hong Kong are like this one. They really cram them in there. Our room was barely large enough for the bed and it was a bit of a struggle with two people in the room. That said, it was fairly clean, well ventilated and comfortable. The proximity to the Mong Kok MTR station and Ladies Market were huge plusses. We found it very easy to get everywhere. Just be prepared to spend 10 minutes every time you need to use the elevator. It was fine.