Ah Shan Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Room 1406, 14th floor, Sincere house, 83 Argyle St, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

At first we did not expect to find Ah Shan was a wonderful place to stay in HK. Actually last August we went to HK and stay at GuestHouse in ChungKing Mansion. Compare to Chungking Mansion GH, AH SHAN is clean, friendly staff, nice neighborhood (not too far from MRT station), and you dont have to wait so long to get space in lift. We would definetely come back here whenever go to HK. Thank you Ahshan.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Indonesia

I have used this hostel twice, the first one with my famiy & the second one I was alone. Although this hostel is quite small as other hostels in Hong Kong, but this hostel really has a lot of positive values: strategic location (right at the end of the famous Ladies Market, and also only 5 minutes away from MTR station), clean and secure environment, the owners are helpful, friendly and can speak English well, one maid speak Bahasa, hot water, free drink water in the dispenser, and free Wifi

• 17th Dec 2013
  • Indonesia

Good and comfortable

I told them I'd cancel my booking more than 24 hours ago. And they even replied me for it. But they didn't refund me money. not even one penny.

Helpful staff and good location :D

no toothbrush and toothpaste, no free towel as promised on their website...

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

A small budget room with basic equipments. Worth for budget staying.

Overall stay was comfortable. The lift waiting is a bit tedious as only one lift for even and odd numbers respectively.

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

A very clean hostel. The staff are friendly too.

Hair drop are found at the new bed sheet before we move into the house...bed sheet and pillow has to be cleaned before we move in... And towel has to pay additional $10 for cleanliness fees...which is not fair to us... Towel should be provided for FREE without additional charges...

• Malaysia

Toilet is very clean with good water pressure . dislike the awaiting lift due to lift always out of service that cause by renovation water work leak into the lift that causing frequently service lift unavailable. hope it get to fit asap for more conveniences

• Malaysia

The staffs is good and helpful. They offer me an apartment with 3 rooms and living hall as we travel big group. cleanliness is not that good as they didn't clean up the room everyday. The bath towel need to pay cleaning fees as the staff said that due to some guest didn't take care on the towel based on previous experience. Hence, they charge customer the cleaning fees for towel taken. The lift is always occupied and might need to wait longer for empty space.

• Malaysia

so far..our stay in this place is a good experience...especially its location..MOngKok. we stayed dec.4 to 7, 2013. it's a lively place during night time. we didn't have a hard time looking or its location..very easy indeed :) everyday, there's is this cleaner who keep our room tidy..thank you-though we have not have a chance to meet her :) - appreciate. would love to stay here again for our 3rd hongKong visit. thank you Ah Shan...

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Philippines

It's my second time to stay with Ah Shan, and I would like to stay with them again if I go to HK in the future.

Staff friendly, nice to stay.

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Couple, 41+

I've been Hong Kong every year since 7 years ago. And this hotel is getting worse every time I've visit. I don't know what happened to the hotel but awarded in 2006 is seem not exist anymore. Air-condition is noisy. Annoying ventilation fan. No window room. Thin cracked wall. Old facility. It's take a plenty of times waiting for the elevators.

Dear , Thank you for your review and stay with us! For the room you stay is the non window room and shared bathroom As this is the budget room, that will be no window. For the air-con and ventilation fan, please inform our staff , we can fix for you. Anyway , thank you for your stay and if you will come for next time , please select the " Queen Double Ensuite" , this room with window and all with renovation Regards Fiona Regards Fiona

overall ok just the shower heater need to be repaired/replaced.

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

Accomodating staff and clean room. I would stay here again if i will visit hongkong again.

• 21st Nov 2013
  • Philippines

1.broken parts hope to be fix. 2. room all will be in the same floor with easier identify and access to the exit for shopping or meals. 3. corridor will not too many thing,as i understand it is a small area. well organise. will be recommended. 4. reception will be not so unpack but a standard look that able tourist or backpackers to stay and see more comfortable.

• 17th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

The only reason I might reccomend this hostel is for location. Very close to markets in Kowloon. The rooms are located on the 14th floor of an old building. Not a place you would like to stay for multiple days. The beds are hard as a rock and very small. Door didn't lock and there was no real area to relax. It was a cheap price so you can't hate it for that.