Albergue Zaragoza Hostel Reviews

C/ Predicadores 70, Zaragoza, Spain

The price is ok but some things can be a bit annoying. The music was on all the evening and you could hear it from your room as if it was played there. The walls are so thin that we could perfectly hear our neighbours talking and their children crying at night. The fire alarm started ringing at 4:00 a.m. in the morning... Location looks great, since is very close to the historical centre, but we saw a guy breaking into a car to steal the radio just in front of the hostel.

Awesome music venue in the basement!

Albergue is located in the City Center. The hostel is in an old building, which is nice. The staff is friendly and there's breakfast every morning. The cleanliness is very poor! We stayed for three days and they haven't cleaned the showers and toilets while we were there.

Nice stay here. The barman Tony is lovely but he's the exception. Most staff are pretty mardy. The kitchen is small and a lady that lives there uses all the hobs to cook food. One day she spent 5 hours cooking!! Breakfast is basic. Rooms are good sizes and the locker in your room can only be opened by your own key card. The bar downstairs has a good atmosphere and live acts.

Great facilities, good wifi & security - all your information including keys & login codes is given to you on a key card. Shame you have to pay extra for your linen - nowadays at most other hostels it is expected included in the price - particularly as the pillows, bedsheets & mattress cover looked a bit stained. Breakfast was OK. Was a life saver having air con in the room as Zaragoza is very hot during the summer.

The hostel is very very nice, especially if you consider the low price and the perfect location, I can only recommend staying there! Everything is very clean and new and also safe. The only thing I missed at this hostel was the typical hostel atmosphere... the hostel is huge and there were almost no people there and as I was travelling alone, it was not easy to meet people! But in general the hostel and especially the value for money is really good!

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel. Indoor and outdoor leisure spaces were pleasing but we found the charge for towels and bed sheets unnecessary. I've stayed in many hostels and I've only every paid a refundable deposit for these items. Breakfast was quite disappointing and there was a lack of butter and spreads. The receptionist could be more inviting. We found we were annoying him when simply asking him questions typical from new guests.

• 18th Jul 2014

A nice and probably the only traveller's hostel in Zaragoza. You have everything you need and it's clean, but it's not very outgoing if you're traveling alone as I was. Friendly and helpful staff and a nice big basement with a bar to hang out at. The only thing I was a bit worried about was that I got random red spots on my back - at first I thought they were bedbugs bites but didn't hear any other similar experiences from other people staying there so not sure. Overall a good stay!

Generally a poor hostel. Not very impressive. For the previous comments you would expect a lot higher standard. Not clean at all. Especially the bathrooms.

Only stayed here one night so cannot give a well-formed opinion

Extremely well-equipped, possibly the best I've stayed in, in this regard. Very helpful to have the bunk beds bolted to the wall so they don't wiggle about. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Just the overall/general management seemed neglected while I was there. (Many small issues, normal sort of occurrences in any place, but too many for the short time I was there. Irregular cleaning schedules, bad smell in some bathrooms and the kitchen, breakfast flopped one morning.)

Great helpful English speaking staff. Only a few hundred meters to the Main Street. Few hundred meters to the bus stop which takes you to the bus/train terminal. Underground jazz bar was awesome! Free breakfast was nothing to write home about. But when you're backpacking who can complain lol. Would stay here again.

• 6th Jul 2014

A really great stay. They let me leave my bag in the luggage storage while I went to Pamplona for running of the bulls and the staff were always very helpful. I would recommend staying at this hostel to anybody.

Nice one! The staff very helpful. Thanks a lot

Great location but kind of a weird atmosphere, all types of people from all ages coming in and out and the wifi was AWFUL

The hostel was very cheap and affordable and was very good value for money. The staff were mostly very helpful and friendly. The hostel is in a great location close to the centre, 5 mins or so walk from the Basilica. The hostel was very nice, clean, well-presented and decorated, with a decent amount of space, and also had events like music gigs on for free! Excellent!!

• 30th May 2014

Good place to stay. Zaragoza doesn't have much going on on a Monday night, but the hostel staff recommended places to eat and there was a great area to hang out in the lobby of the hostel. Wish the wifi worked in the rooms. Breakfast is basic, but overall the hostel was clean and well located so I can't complain.

This hostel had great overall value, even though it was fairly expensive. Very modern facilities, very clean and great lockers in the rooms. My only problem was that the wifi was terrible!!! Worked fine sometimes, not at all other times. Staff were pretty hands off - they'd help you if you had questions but not friendly or willing to socialize.

Average hostel but with very good location in Zaragoza. Breakfast included, again - average hostel breakfast, but you got more for your money. We slept at the biggest room with 12 beds, was OK, but the air was HORRIBLE!!! Had a hard time breathing in there... So don't book the big rooms in spring-or summertime if you'd like to breathe. The hostel needs to do something with the air in there

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Norway

Staff is very friendly and rooms are secure with electronical locking devices. But the most amazing thing is the bar downstairs with real skilled jazz players and a very young and cheerful atmosphere. I would definitely recommand this hostel.

• 18th Apr 2014