Albergue Zaragoza Hostel Reviews

C/ Predicadores 70, Zaragoza, Spain

No bedsheets, no pillowcases...

Well-located hostel, with very fast wifi in reception & dining areas, although unable to connect upstairs. Staff helpful. Main negatives: upstairs, thin room walls - sound travels easily, so users coming in drunk and vomiting a nuisance. Soiled toilet paper stuck at head height on toilet wall, and still there after cleaning. Some users left soiled cotton pads and other items around face basins. Shower basin flooding. Shower water slowing to trickle. Many negatives user-related, some hostel.

• 10th Oct 2014

good place to stay for visit Zaragozza, to know travellers and listen good music in the downstairs bar! see you soon

Thanks for the great service!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Good hostel, nice facilities, the kitchen was well stocked

The price is ok but some things can be a bit annoying. The music was on all the evening and you could hear it from your room as if it was played there. The walls are so thin that we could perfectly hear our neighbours talking and their children crying at night. The fire alarm started ringing at 4:00 a.m. in the morning... Location looks great, since is very close to the historical centre, but we saw a guy breaking into a car to steal the radio just in front of the hostel.

Absolutely no atmosphere, cost extra if you wanted to have sheets on your bed, staff offered no advice on things to do in the city, the cleaning lady didn't change the bed blankets after each customer

Awesome music venue in the basement!

Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. The breakfast was minimal (cereal and toast, coffee, juice) but very welcome! The bar/club downstairs had a great vibe and music (bands and guitar one evening, and jazz the next) but was REALLY warm-could use a little more ventilation in August. Great location relative to the Basilica, Palacio de la Aljaferia, and older part of town. Not a crowed town, very friendly people! Note: I'm 58 and I was traveling with my 22-year old daughter.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Albergue is located in the City Center. The hostel is in an old building, which is nice. The staff is friendly and there's breakfast every morning. The cleanliness is very poor! We stayed for three days and they haven't cleaned the showers and toilets while we were there.

Nice stay here. The barman Tony is lovely but he's the exception. Most staff are pretty mardy. The kitchen is small and a lady that lives there uses all the hobs to cook food. One day she spent 5 hours cooking!! Breakfast is basic. Rooms are good sizes and the locker in your room can only be opened by your own key card. The bar downstairs has a good atmosphere and live acts.

Great facilities, good wifi & security - all your information including keys & login codes is given to you on a key card. Shame you have to pay extra for your linen - nowadays at most other hostels it is expected included in the price - particularly as the pillows, bedsheets & mattress cover looked a bit stained. Breakfast was OK. Was a life saver having air con in the room as Zaragoza is very hot during the summer.

The hostel is very very nice, especially if you consider the low price and the perfect location, I can only recommend staying there! Everything is very clean and new and also safe. The only thing I missed at this hostel was the typical hostel atmosphere... the hostel is huge and there were almost no people there and as I was travelling alone, it was not easy to meet people! But in general the hostel and especially the value for money is really good!

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel. Indoor and outdoor leisure spaces were pleasing but we found the charge for towels and bed sheets unnecessary. I've stayed in many hostels and I've only every paid a refundable deposit for these items. Breakfast was quite disappointing and there was a lack of butter and spreads. The receptionist could be more inviting. We found we were annoying him when simply asking him questions typical from new guests.

• 18th Jul 2014

A nice and probably the only traveller's hostel in Zaragoza. You have everything you need and it's clean, but it's not very outgoing if you're traveling alone as I was. Friendly and helpful staff and a nice big basement with a bar to hang out at. The only thing I was a bit worried about was that I got random red spots on my back - at first I thought they were bedbugs bites but didn't hear any other similar experiences from other people staying there so not sure. Overall a good stay!

Generally a poor hostel. Not very impressive. For the previous comments you would expect a lot higher standard. Not clean at all. Especially the bathrooms.

Only stayed here one night so cannot give a well-formed opinion

Extremely well-equipped, possibly the best I've stayed in, in this regard. Very helpful to have the bunk beds bolted to the wall so they don't wiggle about. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Just the overall/general management seemed neglected while I was there. (Many small issues, normal sort of occurrences in any place, but too many for the short time I was there. Irregular cleaning schedules, bad smell in some bathrooms and the kitchen, breakfast flopped one morning.)

Great helpful English speaking staff. Only a few hundred meters to the Main Street. Few hundred meters to the bus stop which takes you to the bus/train terminal. Underground jazz bar was awesome! Free breakfast was nothing to write home about. But when you're backpacking who can complain lol. Would stay here again.

• 6th Jul 2014

A really great stay. They let me leave my bag in the luggage storage while I went to Pamplona for running of the bulls and the staff were always very helpful. I would recommend staying at this hostel to anybody.