Albergue Zaragoza Hostel Reviews

C/ Predicadores 70, Zaragoza, Spain

Really good hostel. Nice people always willing to help. Great suggestions about where to visit and what to see. Moreover there are events every night.very easy to meet people. Highly recommended

• 5th Dec 2014

This hostel was wonderful. I had some issues with booking an excursion while I was there and one of the staff members spent almost an hour trying to help me! The location was really great, a brief walk to the old town/basilica, and also a brief walk to a bus stop to take you to the train station. The hostel was very clean (however I didn't shower there so I can't comment on that) but the rooms and beds were clean. The downstairs bar is also fun.

• 1st Nov 2014

Nice place, good facilities and met some nice people as well even though it was outside the season. Would go there again

Staffs are good and to the city is just a short walk. Clean and tidy dorm bed with locker. Perfect!

Pretty hostel with a big convivial dining room reminding a school camp! The cave with shows or concerts was also great (although I didn't like the music, very heavy). Cons: Two bathrooms per floor, a bit noisy at night, stand in the line waiting for roasted bread every morning during breakfast (consider buying another toaster!). Also, for such price, it's a bit shame no to include linen. The area was ok, 5' from the central square.

No bedsheets, no pillowcases...

Well-located hostel, with very fast wifi in reception & dining areas, although unable to connect upstairs. Staff helpful. Main negatives: upstairs, thin room walls - sound travels easily, so users coming in drunk and vomiting a nuisance. Soiled toilet paper stuck at head height on toilet wall, and still there after cleaning. Some users left soiled cotton pads and other items around face basins. Shower basin flooding. Shower water slowing to trickle. Many negatives user-related, some hostel.

• 10th Oct 2014

Locker available and big enough for luggage Location: 5 min walk to the cathedral (then it is in the center) Staff: Not so friendly, but also not unfriendly Atmosphere: Big common areas, the bar on the cave is really beautiful Cleanliness: I had to kill 3 spiders near my pillow,,,bathroom were quite clean I was in a 8 bed rooms, it was small already for 4-6 people,,,

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

good place to stay for visit Zaragozza, to know travellers and listen good music in the downstairs bar! see you soon

Thanks for the great service!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Good hostel, nice facilities, the kitchen was well stocked

The price is ok but some things can be a bit annoying. The music was on all the evening and you could hear it from your room as if it was played there. The walls are so thin that we could perfectly hear our neighbours talking and their children crying at night. The fire alarm started ringing at 4:00 a.m. in the morning... Location looks great, since is very close to the historical centre, but we saw a guy breaking into a car to steal the radio just in front of the hostel.

Absolutely no atmosphere, cost extra if you wanted to have sheets on your bed, staff offered no advice on things to do in the city, the cleaning lady didn't change the bed blankets after each customer

Awesome music venue in the basement!

Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. The breakfast was minimal (cereal and toast, coffee, juice) but very welcome! The bar/club downstairs had a great vibe and music (bands and guitar one evening, and jazz the next) but was REALLY warm-could use a little more ventilation in August. Great location relative to the Basilica, Palacio de la Aljaferia, and older part of town. Not a crowed town, very friendly people! Note: I'm 58 and I was traveling with my 22-year old daughter.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Albergue is located in the City Center. The hostel is in an old building, which is nice. The staff is friendly and there's breakfast every morning. The cleanliness is very poor! We stayed for three days and they haven't cleaned the showers and toilets while we were there.

Nice stay here. The barman Tony is lovely but he's the exception. Most staff are pretty mardy. The kitchen is small and a lady that lives there uses all the hobs to cook food. One day she spent 5 hours cooking!! Breakfast is basic. Rooms are good sizes and the locker in your room can only be opened by your own key card. The bar downstairs has a good atmosphere and live acts.

Great facilities, good wifi & security - all your information including keys & login codes is given to you on a key card. Shame you have to pay extra for your linen - nowadays at most other hostels it is expected included in the price - particularly as the pillows, bedsheets & mattress cover looked a bit stained. Breakfast was OK. Was a life saver having air con in the room as Zaragoza is very hot during the summer.

The hostel is very very nice, especially if you consider the low price and the perfect location, I can only recommend staying there! Everything is very clean and new and also safe. The only thing I missed at this hostel was the typical hostel atmosphere... the hostel is huge and there were almost no people there and as I was travelling alone, it was not easy to meet people! But in general the hostel and especially the value for money is really good!

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel. Indoor and outdoor leisure spaces were pleasing but we found the charge for towels and bed sheets unnecessary. I've stayed in many hostels and I've only every paid a refundable deposit for these items. Breakfast was quite disappointing and there was a lack of butter and spreads. The receptionist could be more inviting. We found we were annoying him when simply asking him questions typical from new guests.

• 18th Jul 2014