Alberguinn Youth Hostel Reviews

c/ Melcior de Palau, 70-74 entlo, Barcelona, Spain

Clean and safe with individual lockers by beds. Nice atmosphere and comfy beds :) Perhaps a little difficult to find if coming at night, but a taxi from the airport is fairly cheap, about 20€ and worth it as it saves hassle of looking round side streets in the dark.

• 16th Jul 2014

My third year staying at Alberguinn! Great location near Sants station! Staff are always excellent and helpful! Very clean facilities! Bathrooms new and spotless! Dorms air conditioned so windows and curtains can be closed for a good sleep! Always stay here in Barcelona! Highly recommended!

well located close to sants train station..wonderful reception staff.. i felt absolutely at home.. very strongly recommended..

Alberguinn has potential to be a really great hostel, but during our stay we didn't end up meeting very many people. The common area was hardly used and we didn't really see anyone else there, aside from in the bathrooms. The rooms are nice and clean, the facilities are well kept, and you have computer access. The staff is really friendly and will help you out with just about anything. The location is okay, it's close to the train station and metro, but a ways away from Las Ramblas.

One of the best that I have stayed in. Can't fault it. Great value for money in my opinion.

Staff is very nice. She can speak English and suggest you how and where you should travel in Barcelona. The bedroom as well as toilet were clean. Breakfast is included. The hostel very close to Barcelona Sant station. If you dint lost like me, you would walk to the station within 5 min. Ha ha ha

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Not very easy to find, but OK located for those using Barcelona Saints train station. Also, it has free PCs with internet, and the main room has air conditioning. The free breakfast isn't any good, but can start one in the morning. None of the facilities was impressive, high quality or anything like that, but everything was fine. Quite pricey, though!

This hostel was pretty good. The only thing is that there weren't many outlets. However, it was cheap, clean, and well worth the money.

Very simple accomodation, very basic breakfast. Not enough outlets in the room. But the staff was extremely helpful and nice! close to the train station, handy if you need to catch a train. and they let me have a shower there even after my check-out...

Not located in the city centre but the metro stop is just walking distance away - the T10 ticket is pretty much all you need to get around :)

I enjoyed my stay at the Alberguinn Youth Hostel. I would definitely stay there again if I'm ever back in Barcelona. I stayed in a 14 bed dorm room, but did not feel like I was crowded in by people. There was plenty of personal space for everyone. Only complaint I can think of is that there was not a personal charging outlet for each bed, which becomes problematic in a room with 14 people. Overall, though, the hostel is clean, staff very friendly and helpful, and the common area very nice.

It was fantastic. Great staffs and great facilities. I recommend this hostel to everyone!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Spotlessly clean, fantastic showers and bathrooms, good Wi-Fi, great lounge and kitchen, what more do you want? Unusually spacious for a hostel, which gave it a light, airy feel too. Oh, and air con too! 7 or 8 minutes walk from the train station and a couple of metro stops into town. I hope to stay here again.

This place was great! It was super quiet at night, which was great for sleeping! This place is really close to the metro and there are also some little shops to buy fruit and water on the walk over to the metro. The staff was super helpful in giving directions and they also always had suggestions on things to do and I think you could buy tickets to some places like sagrada familia right at the front desk.

Staff are first-rate!! There were some significant protests going on in the area at the time and the front desk staff explained not just how to avoid them, but also why they were happening. Facility overall is good, though the kitchen could use better stoves. Lockers are actually big enough to hold a backpack! The only downside is location (not a downside actually if you have a late arrival or early departure at Sants station). It's far from everything, so be ready to ride the (CHEAP!) metro.

It's a little far !

Great place to stay, very clean and friendly atmosphere

It was pretty typical of what you expect from most hostels.

I'm very glad I stayed at this hostel, very lucky I would say. Everything was so perfect, especially with passionate and helpful staff.

Great place, very clean, very friendly and helpful staff.

• 14th May 2014