Aletto Kudamm Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Hardenbergstrasse 21, Berlin, Germany

Overall I was pleased with everything at Aletto Kudamm, except for the internet service. Words cannot sufficiently express the frustration of trying to plan a day's activities using their unreliable and slow wifi network. I hasten to add that my room was located very near an access point, so signal strength was not the issue. I realize that this service is provided free of charge and as such cannot be expected to be excellent, however no upgraded service was offered for those who needed it.

• 23rd Jul 2015

We loved the dark and quiet hotel room

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Denmark

We loved our stay. Everything was kept extremely clean, the staff were so helpful and friendly. It was our first time in Berlin, and we will come back to this hostel in the future. We had an all night trip to the hospital the night before we were due to check out, and the staff gave us a later check out at 12pm so we could get more rest. Thank you for fantastic service

• 20th Jul 2015

Aletto is not the typical backpacker place. It's kind of a mix between hotel and hostel and receives many groups of high school students. Our room was nicely designed and very clean. Unfortunately, staff couldn't really help us with our questions on what to do/where to go.

Everything is perfect except the shower. I don't know why they don't fix the shower

There were a lot of school parties when I went, but most of us in the dorms bonded over being annoyed at the kids running around. The location wasn't perfect, but the bar/lounge area turned out to be very social and this turned out to be one of the better hostels I stayed in just because of this! Facilities were pretty decent too.

One of the best hostels/hotels I stayed in during the trip. Couldn't fault anything apart from the location which is a bit out of the centre however train station is less than 2 minute walk away. Staff were incredibly helpful and always polite. I would definitely stay here again!

There was a mixup with our room so when we arrived our room had not been cleaned since the person before (bed was unmade. Hair in the shower, wet towels on the floor) but the receptionists helped us by allowing us to swap to another room so that was easily solved despite a bit of confusion and language barrier. One member of staff also helped us by giving us advice with transport which was useful as we didn't know there were night buses. The hostel is 1 minute walk from the station so it's ideal

• 30th Jun 2015

It would be great to try to match guests with regard to their age. The first 2 nights were completely ok with decent people having manners. However, it does not make sense to accommodate a bunch of party teenagers with a 37 year old guy who considers a Hostel room to be a place to sleep and not as 5am after party chill out room with lots of giggling, discussions, bunk bed rattling, beeping and funny comments. A massive clash of generation was quite disturbing. Could it have been avoided?

• 21st May 2015
  • Denmark

Great location. Loved the rooftop and bathrooms are very clean also. I would definitely stay here again.

• 19th May 2015
  • Mexico

This is more of a hotel than a hostel with top end bedrooms and kitchen. Would be nice if there were hooks in the bedrooms for towels/coats but that was the only real problem. The lockers are huge and there is an under bed locker as well. It's not a very social place and the dorms can be a bit dark being in the basement and there are loud school trips but if you are just sleeping there it doesn't matter. Also the breakfast is very expensive compared to other hostels I have stayed in.

It was ashame that a hotel/hostel this size cannot provide sufficient internet speed to their guests. Both the paid and free wifi networks were non existent during peak hours. Management needs to upgrade this feature, as there are travelers that rely on Internet when abroad. In sum: experience was mediocre and fell short when I found out how bad the wifi was at this property.

The hostel is in a good location and has a nice interior however it is definitely not good value for money. There is a slight snobbery towards the backpackers and we were in a squished 10 dorm that was definitely not regularly cleaned. There was masses of dust and litter behind the beds. Our beds were not made up on arrival an we were practically thrown sheets. Kitchen facilities (minus the most filthy kettle I've ever seen) toilets and showers were of a very good standard. Hotel not hostel.

Front desk person must have been new because he wasn't very helpful with any request/questions I had during my stay. Room was really nice and liked the location.

It was a good stay, apart from when the cleaner unmade my bed and put all my stuff on the floor because he or she thought I had checked out - and then going to the desk to make a complaint they were less than empathic. The staff were generally very helpful, however this specific incidence stressed me out as I was ill and just wanted to sleep. I was staying on business, at a tech conference in the city.

The hotel is very big, but in the rooms you don't hear anything from the neighbours. The breakfast was very good and assorted. The ambiance of the hotel was very nice too and the staff very friendly. The location is excellent, the station Zoologischer Garten S + U is located around 150 m from the hotel, so you can move very easily from and to the hotel. Also from this station you can take two buses to the Tegel airport and if you take the express, you'll be there in around 20 minutes.

I spent two nights in a hotel room and two nights in the hostel dormitory and i was very happy with my stay it was very conveniently situated and the breakfast was amazing. i am sure i will be coming back.

Overall great hostel. Stay here for simple comfortable amenities and a hearty breakfast.

Everything was perfect.

All around good. You would be stupid not to stay here. Super clean and breakfast was great!!