Aletto Kudamm Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Hardenbergstrasse 21, Berlin, Germany

There was a mixup with our room so when we arrived our room had not been cleaned since the person before (bed was unmade. Hair in the shower, wet towels on the floor) but the receptionists helped us by allowing us to swap to another room so that was easily solved despite a bit of confusion and language barrier. One member of staff also helped us by giving us advice with transport which was useful as we didn't know there were night buses. The hostel is 1 minute walk from the station so it's ideal

• 30th Jun 2015

It would be great to try to match guests with regard to their age. The first 2 nights were completely ok with decent people having manners. However, it does not make sense to accommodate a bunch of party teenagers with a 37 year old guy who considers a Hostel room to be a place to sleep and not as 5am after party chill out room with lots of giggling, discussions, bunk bed rattling, beeping and funny comments. A massive clash of generation was quite disturbing. Could it have been avoided?

• 21st May 2015
  • Denmark

Great location. Loved the rooftop and bathrooms are very clean also. I would definitely stay here again.

• 19th May 2015
  • Mexico

This is more of a hotel than a hostel with top end bedrooms and kitchen. Would be nice if there were hooks in the bedrooms for towels/coats but that was the only real problem. The lockers are huge and there is an under bed locker as well. It's not a very social place and the dorms can be a bit dark being in the basement and there are loud school trips but if you are just sleeping there it doesn't matter. Also the breakfast is very expensive compared to other hostels I have stayed in.

It was ashame that a hotel/hostel this size cannot provide sufficient internet speed to their guests. Both the paid and free wifi networks were non existent during peak hours. Management needs to upgrade this feature, as there are travelers that rely on Internet when abroad. In sum: experience was mediocre and fell short when I found out how bad the wifi was at this property.

The hostel is in a good location and has a nice interior however it is definitely not good value for money. There is a slight snobbery towards the backpackers and we were in a squished 10 dorm that was definitely not regularly cleaned. There was masses of dust and litter behind the beds. Our beds were not made up on arrival an we were practically thrown sheets. Kitchen facilities (minus the most filthy kettle I've ever seen) toilets and showers were of a very good standard. Hotel not hostel.

Front desk person must have been new because he wasn't very helpful with any request/questions I had during my stay. Room was really nice and liked the location.

It was a good stay, apart from when the cleaner unmade my bed and put all my stuff on the floor because he or she thought I had checked out - and then going to the desk to make a complaint they were less than empathic. The staff were generally very helpful, however this specific incidence stressed me out as I was ill and just wanted to sleep. I was staying on business, at a tech conference in the city.

The hotel is very big, but in the rooms you don't hear anything from the neighbours. The breakfast was very good and assorted. The ambiance of the hotel was very nice too and the staff very friendly. The location is excellent, the station Zoologischer Garten S + U is located around 150 m from the hotel, so you can move very easily from and to the hotel. Also from this station you can take two buses to the Tegel airport and if you take the express, you'll be there in around 20 minutes.

I spent two nights in a hotel room and two nights in the hostel dormitory and i was very happy with my stay it was very conveniently situated and the breakfast was amazing. i am sure i will be coming back.

Overall great hostel. Stay here for simple comfortable amenities and a hearty breakfast.

Everything was perfect.

All around good. You would be stupid not to stay here. Super clean and breakfast was great!!

My room was in -1 floor, almost no windows, and it was close to the breakfast room, so, around 7:30 it gets very noisy. The breakfast its verygood but its not included. You cant take anything for later (a croissant, for example). The coffee is awful. The cages in the room are very small, so youve got to store your stuff in some free lockers outside the room. Its clean. A good thing is that its very close to one of the cheapest supermarkets in Berlin, the s and u bahn and the c/o gallery.

Hands down the best hostel I've stayed in. It is apart of a hotel so it is basically like you're staying in a hotel room with bunk beds and random people. It's super easy to get to and has great location

The hostel is located in very b . I'm next to the subway station Zoologischer Garten to , less than 1 km from the Old Church and next to a supermarket. Always come at night and the street is very busy . The breakfast is great and worth buying for apena 6 euros. The Hostel is just a few meters away from a shopping center and food. Would definitely return to the hostel!

from the super nice staff, to the onsite bar, to the location, to the room itself, I LOVE THIS PLACE. I may plan a trip to Berlin just to stay in this place again.

Good hotel and good hostel; high standards. Absolutely excellent location. Highly recommended.

Realy good hostel. Staied there withy family in February and had a fantastic experience. The hostel was quite full with teenagers, but no problem with them during our stay. The room was big and the beds very comfortable. It liked like a hotel room. It isn't a party hostel for my experience there, but very well located. Easy to reach by train.