Alexander Hostel Reviews

165 Mohamed Farid St, Down Town, Cairo, Cairo, Egypt

Location great, staff friendly but pushy, not clean rooms, sheets get not changed i guess, lots of mosquitos, no atmosphere.

The owner and staff are extremely friendly and speak very good English. Mr. Mustafa works with the hotel and reserved a perfect trip for me within the schedule that I had. I am not one to have someone book guides for me, but it is necessary in Egypt. I would recommend taking a taxi with detailed directions or arranging a pickup to get there. Streets aren't really labeled.

• 17th Jan 2015

Lovely staff great location. Would return definitely.

We're very helpful,with my travel plans, recomadations to other places in Aswan & Luxor. Help with storing my bike box while I traveled Egypt, help with to and from Airport as well as tours in the Cairo area to pyramids and few other places. The rooms very clean, wifi works great.. After my tour come back for more night stays, this and the Bob Marley Sharif hotel will recommend to all.. Both make you feel at home..!

Very nice place to stay! I recommend. Excellent!!!

Very clean hostel & very helpful staff , thanks Alexnder Hostel :)

• 16th Dec 2014

I 100% recommend this hostel!!! Excellent in every respect. Big clean rooms with individual beds, not bunks! Wonderful staff, who helped me with many things. Don't hestitate to come here. Good location too!

• 5th Dec 2014

I had very nice stay at Alexander hotel. People there are very nice and helpful, especially Mr Mostafa who is the responsible for the tourism there ..... highly recommended for budget travelers and backpackers.

Owner was very agressive to sell you a tour package. Restroom looked as if someone had just showered there, not clean. Bad smell throughout hotel. Staff was polite.

clean, friendly very good location

• 18th Nov 2012

Excellent staff, very nice people. They arranged our tour to the south of Egypt and it was excellent. We recommend it to everybody. Clean rooms, very nice accommodation, and excellent location.

Ask for a driver! it is a unique experience!

The room was air conditioned. This was satisfactory although I would have preferred a room with a balcony - or at least a window. The staff were extremely courteous and friendly.

The Alexander hostel occupies part of the second floor of what was at one time a very grand apartment building. Clearly no maintenance has been carried out in shared areas for years and the communal areas of the building are run down but this should not put you off the Alexander Hostel, which offer clean, basic rooms and very helpful and informative staff. I stayed with my family which includes 4 children (6 - 16) and we would definitely stay again, the location is excellent as is the price.

basically we did not stay there in the end. I hope we are not charged for it either! I did not want to sleep in a room with no windows and it did not look terribly clean.

we visited and did not like that the rooms had no windows. Staff very nice. Entry is like something out of Bladerunner. Overall did not look terribly clean. Positives are staff and fab old Egyptian movie playing on the tv in the lounge. We ended up not staying as we thought we wanted something a little better - a room with a window - for example would be ok for young people on a v low budget

The service here is really good, they helped me a lot in everything: tours, train bookings, advice .... The facilities are OK and everything they say in the ad is true !!! Nothing less, Nothing more.

The overall balance is clearly positive. Very good location and price, both staff and the owners are very friendly. One issue to be improved: breakfast.

Budget value, and not bad. We had a nice room and staff were friendly but lacked a bit of character and atmosphere.

Great location near the Metro, you need to look up to see the hostel's sign. Staff friendly. Breakfast simple but satisfactory. A little noisy at night with people talking outside and no in-room heating.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5