Alexander Hostel Reviews

165 Mohamed Farid St, Down Town, Cairo, Cairo, Egypt

No Rating

Owner was very agressive to sell you a tour package. Restroom looked as if someone had just showered there, not clean. Bad smell throughout hotel. Staff was polite.

clean, friendly very good location

• 18th Nov 2012

Excellent staff, very nice people. They arranged our tour to the south of Egypt and it was excellent. We recommend it to everybody. Clean rooms, very nice accommodation, and excellent location.

Ask for a driver! it is a unique experience!

The room was air conditioned. This was satisfactory although I would have preferred a room with a balcony - or at least a window. The staff were extremely courteous and friendly.

The Alexander hostel occupies part of the second floor of what was at one time a very grand apartment building. Clearly no maintenance has been carried out in shared areas for years and the communal areas of the building are run down but this should not put you off the Alexander Hostel, which offer clean, basic rooms and very helpful and informative staff. I stayed with my family which includes 4 children (6 - 16) and we would definitely stay again, the location is excellent as is the price.

basically we did not stay there in the end. I hope we are not charged for it either! I did not want to sleep in a room with no windows and it did not look terribly clean.

we visited and did not like that the rooms had no windows. Staff very nice. Entry is like something out of Bladerunner. Overall did not look terribly clean. Positives are staff and fab old Egyptian movie playing on the tv in the lounge. We ended up not staying as we thought we wanted something a little better - a room with a window - for example would be ok for young people on a v low budget

The service here is really good, they helped me a lot in everything: tours, train bookings, advice .... The facilities are OK and everything they say in the ad is true !!! Nothing less, Nothing more.

The overall balance is clearly positive. Very good location and price, both staff and the owners are very friendly. One issue to be improved: breakfast.

Budget value, and not bad. We had a nice room and staff were friendly but lacked a bit of character and atmosphere.

Great location near the Metro, you need to look up to see the hostel's sign. Staff friendly. Breakfast simple but satisfactory. A little noisy at night with people talking outside and no in-room heating.

Alexander hotel is a modern hotel, suitable for all kinds of travellers and its location is central easy to arrive and to go anywhere . The duration of my stay in Alexander was a very pleasant experience. The place was clean and well furnished..The staff were extremely polite and very helpful. I believe for the price I paid to stay in the hostel, I think i got more than i bargained for. I would definitely use this hostel again in the future,

• 30th Oct 2011

Alexander is a simple hostel has nice staff , it has central location too which is very important so I could walk to Egyptian Mussem and Khan Elkhalili the old market I only need to arrange a ride to Giza and this was very easy for them to order a private car for reasonable price and their driver is friendly too .

The staff are wonderful here, they will helped me out with a smile. Enjoyed meeting them and if I will be on a budget again in Cairo I would consider going back here due to price, service and location.

• 27th Oct 2011
  • Pakistan

The hostel is in middle of a downtown, so you really have a feeling you're in the heart of the city. They come to pick you up at the airport free of charge, and also organize sight tours by very cheap prices.

Great and simple hotel has perfect location and the guys there are running very well and have good knowledge about tourism and how to help tourists .....

this is a hostel. so dont expect it to be that clean. the beds were ok but what i thought was amazing about the hotel was the staff. they were brilliant at giving out the correct information and were willing to help. would stay again. the location was great. if you have any common sense you can walk or take the metro from there to anywhere in cairo.

Okay place to stay does the job.. breakfast was very poor.. good air con,, beds were fine... nothing special but..very cheap so great for the price..

The people at the Hotel are very friendly, they helped out with any travel information that i needed and also helped with booking of tickets for further travel. They were helpful in teaching basic Arabic which made it easier and more fun for communication to the local people. Had alot of fun at Alexander Hotel and came back every time i visited Cairo through out my trip in Egypt. Would definately recommend staying here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5