Alfama Patio Hostel Reviews

Escolas Gerais, 3, Patio dos Quintalinhos 1, Lisbon, Portugal

Great cosy little place that's tucked away in old town! There's a patio with a view and really friendly staff :) it is a little out from the main sight seeing area but if you follow the team tracks down it takes like 10-15 mins not a big deal at all!

This hostel was located in such a lovely spot, having breakfast (yummy free pancakes!) on the patio in the sunshine with a view over alfama was so nice. The famous tram route that everyone does #28 when they visit Lisbion goes right past the front door, and the staff were very friendly and helpful too, I missed my flight on the Friday and had to cancel at short notice, they were so great and didn't charge me! Would highly recommend! Only wished I could have stayed longer :)

This would have been perfect if I was looking for a Bed & Breakfast type place. Very friendly and quiet atmosphere, I would recommend it to couples or those not looking for a typical hostel atmosphere. I am a solo traveler, and I didn't feel like it was very easy to meet people, although they do activities with the sister hostels so I was able to meet people staying elsewhere. It was very nice, just not exactly the more social atmosphere that I was looking for :)

I only stayed here one night, arriving in Lisbon super late. It's not easy to find in the dark, but I passed the hostel a few times when I was just exploring the city, so once you get your bearings you should be fine. The staff is amazing and makes you feel like the hostel is home. Breakfast is great: crepes with jam/butter/Nutella and some fresh sliced fruit. Also, espresso machine 24/7! Loved the private hobbit hole beds, and the atmosphere was super chilled (a good break from partying).

Great place to stay, right in the heart of the prettiest district of Lisbon. The BBQ and sangria night was awesome. Each bed has its own locker, nice showers, excellent pancake breakfast....

Great views from the hostel. Good breakfast in the morning and dinner you can buy in the evening for cheap. Staff was very friendly and offered many activities. Rooms were decent but something about the way water runs through the pipes makes a squealing noise so wear earplugs to keep from being woken up whenever anyone flushes a toilet. You have access to their partner hostel facilities which was an awesome way to meet more people or to get off your feet when across the city.

1 2 3 Next » last »