Alfama Patio Hostel Reviews

Escolas Gerais, 3, Patio dos Quintalinhos 1, Lisbon, Portugal

Very charming place, with kind staff and outstanding outside patio! We had an amazing stay at this hostel, THIS PLACE IS SO CUTE :)

Great hostel with very nice staff in a perfect location, also breakfast was awesome and we had a gorgeous view from our room. We had a great time and would recommend Alfama Patio Hostel to any Libon visitor!

• 19th May 2014

Great hostel in the best location (authentically Lisbon but still touristy enough to be safe and convenient)! It was quiet (well soundproofed), safe, super clean, had a great breakfast and comfy beds. There was a good, social atmosphere as there were always lots of things on arranged by the hostel, and it's nice that they do things together with two other hostels so it ends up being even more social! Excellent hostel - the best place to stay in Lisbon!!

It's a place very warm and cozy, in one of the most beautiful and main district of Lisboa...and very close to the stop of the famous tram 28!! Moreover, the guys of the staff are very kind and helpful!!! The breakfast, which is included in the price, is awesome: hot crepes every morning!!! Surely well-recommended!!

this place was awesome and the staff really really helpful and lovely. made lots of friends and had a brilliant time. as a lone traveller you never know what to expect but the location was great, weather was great and the people great - i will definitely come again! Alfama Patio hostel felt like a home from home :)

• 1st May 2014

Just wow. The most amazing view over the alfama and the river from the terrace, a beautiful garden with sitting area, I can only imagine how great it must be in summer. It was the most beautiful hostel I've ever been to. My room had the same amazing view as the terrace. It's such a relaxed yet interesting place, so much more than a hostel. Unfortunately I only stayed one night in Lisbon, but I will come back. Great helpful and nice staff as well, thanks for everything guys! Muito Obregada :)

We had a great time at Alfama Patio Hostel, we really loved it!!! Everything was perfect and beautiful :)

Best hostel I have stayed in yet. Particular highlight was the breakfast on the rooftop terrace overlooking Tejo river and the activities put on by the staff. Looking forward to coming back!

• 24th Apr 2014

People from the staff was very friendly and helpful with everything. The breakfast was amazing!! There were pancakes :) the building is VERY OLD, but when we had a problem in our room they fixed it very fast.

They were so nice to me and to the another guests. Its impressive. They have a lot of bbc, pub crawl, parties. They really like what they do. I had so much fun. Also, at this trip my parents were with me and they were sick, but the staff gave us the best treatment. They offered me to call using their telephone, etc. All the staff is nice. And you just have to folow the train line to find ''sé church'', and ''praca do comercio'' one of the simbols of Lisboa. Loved S2

We had an absolutely wonderful stay here at Alfama Patio… The staff were fantastic & went out of their way to make sure we were made to feel at home & welcome! The breakfast is a huge plus point! Wonderful!

Had a great Time in Alfama

Loved the full breakfast, and everyone was very helpful.

It is definitely the best hostel I've never been, JUST PERFECT ! I've already recommended to some friends. Nothing to complain about it : nice staff, good location, amazing cosy and colorful atmosphere, clean, great breakfast, barbecue available....

• 7th Apr 2014

Friendly staff, beautiful views, hot crepes for breakfast, what more could you ask for? Pedro's walking tour was ace!

I loved being here because of the great people I met. The staff was very helpful and there was very good relaxing and happy-making music all day long :) I you love mediterranien cities, here is the right place to stay.

A hostel nestled amongst the more residential part of Lisbon- this place is exactly where you should stay if you want to really feel like you're in Lisbon. It was relatively quiet, guests wise, when I stayed although it is off-peak season.. Definitely the place to be in the summer! The rooftop patio is all you need when the sun is shining and the staff are genuinely lovely. Definitely take the opportunity to go on the Sintra tour as well. Thanks for a great stay guys! - Abbey

Excellent and generally very helpful staff! Definite recommendation. If you wonder where to stay in Lisbon: choose Alfama, and there the Alfama Patio Hostel!

• 20th Mar 2014

Lovely hostel. It's perfect to relax because of the roof terrace and the atmosphere was nice, too. The staff is really cool and openminded. Great area (Alfama). My favorite in Lisbon.

Excellent location in the Alfama and right at tram stop. An old hostel but very clean and with a fantastic atmosphere. Patio and outdoor covered area were excellent plces to enjoy a meal or a drink with fellow travellers. Marissa's pancakes for breakfast we're memorable for all the right reasons and we all had a laugh with Carlo on his first attempt. Staff Joanna, Carlo, Lukis and Joao were all fantastic. Loved Lisbon and would return to Alfama Patio Hostel for sure