Alfama Patio Hostel Reviews

Escolas Gerais, 3, Patio dos Quintalinhos 1, Lisbon, Portugal

The Alfama Patio Hostel is wonderfull it seem to be at home.

• 19th Jun 2014

Everything was really great, especially the staff. Be ready to hike in the Alfama neighborhood, and have fun dragging your suitcases up those hills!

Nice place to stay. Nice yard and balcony with beautiful blooming flowers. Nice atmosphere. Beautiful view from the room window: the red house roofs and the Atlantic far away. The staff are very nice. Recommend it, definitely.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • China

Great location and helpful staff. Breakfasts are GREAT! Clean, quiet and comfortable with a nice outdoor seating area.

• 16th Jun 2014

A good hostel in the hearth of beautiful Alfama. Great breakfast (pancakes, cereals, bread and jam, fruits...), lovely atmosphere. Only bad thing, they do NOT have WIFI! Really annoying being a back-packer who has to look up staff on the city or future destinations. Apparently they've had this problem for quite a lot (I read previous reviews and experienced it myself), they only have ONE pc in the hall, which is not great for all the people going around. Apart from that, we loved it!

Very good hostel. The toilets and bathrooms are small but they are very clean. Many activities are organised by the hostel in coorparation with two other hostels, which is very nice. Also because of this you get to know new people all the time. The staff is very friendly and the ambiance is very relaxed.

• 5th Jun 2014

Everything in this place is nice, simple, clean, wi fi, you can cook, the staff is helpful.

• 30th May 2014

I don't usually get round to writing reviews but this hostel was so great I had to post something. Couldn't ask for lovelier staff or a better setting in the gorgeous Alfama district - really one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Fresh pancakes for breakfast every morning, genuinely comfortable beds and hot showers, great view of the river from the terrace. Particularly good for solo travellers as it's got a mellow vibe and is easy to meet people. Thanks Lucas and co for an amazing stay!

• 28th May 2014

Very nice place, well located, near by the tram station, in the typical and authentic district of Alfama. The staff is very friendly. I highly recommend this place.

• 27th May 2014

Loved it, its located in the old city so its a little difficult to find with all the winding roads but that just contributes to the atmosphere and you'll get used to it very quickly. Just follow the tram tracks, they run just outside! There's a locker in the room and there's always a dinner you can join and people are easy to meet there. One of my new favorite hostels, I would definitely return on my next visit to Lisbon.

Loved it here! It was my first time in Europe, and my first time staying in a hostel. The staff made me feel so welcomed. They did an excellent job of organizing daily activities that helped us navigate the city and meet new people. I loved that they have a sisterhood of hostels going on. That gives you a chance to go to events at the other hostels and meet people from there. Alfama is a super charming part of town, with winding cobblestone streets and high hills. Great to explore! No complaints

Very charming place, with kind staff and outstanding outside patio! We had an amazing stay at this hostel, THIS PLACE IS SO CUTE :)

Great hostel with very nice staff in a perfect location, also breakfast was awesome and we had a gorgeous view from our room. We had a great time and would recommend Alfama Patio Hostel to any Libon visitor!

• 19th May 2014

Great hostel in the best location (authentically Lisbon but still touristy enough to be safe and convenient)! It was quiet (well soundproofed), safe, super clean, had a great breakfast and comfy beds. There was a good, social atmosphere as there were always lots of things on arranged by the hostel, and it's nice that they do things together with two other hostels so it ends up being even more social! Excellent hostel - the best place to stay in Lisbon!!

It's a place very warm and cozy, in one of the most beautiful and main district of Lisboa...and very close to the stop of the famous tram 28!! Moreover, the guys of the staff are very kind and helpful!!! The breakfast, which is included in the price, is awesome: hot crepes every morning!!! Surely well-recommended!!

this place was awesome and the staff really really helpful and lovely. made lots of friends and had a brilliant time. as a lone traveller you never know what to expect but the location was great, weather was great and the people great - i will definitely come again! Alfama Patio hostel felt like a home from home :)

• 1st May 2014

Just wow. The most amazing view over the alfama and the river from the terrace, a beautiful garden with sitting area, I can only imagine how great it must be in summer. It was the most beautiful hostel I've ever been to. My room had the same amazing view as the terrace. It's such a relaxed yet interesting place, so much more than a hostel. Unfortunately I only stayed one night in Lisbon, but I will come back. Great helpful and nice staff as well, thanks for everything guys! Muito Obregada :)

We had a great time at Alfama Patio Hostel, we really loved it!!! Everything was perfect and beautiful :)

Best hostel I have stayed in yet. Particular highlight was the breakfast on the rooftop terrace overlooking Tejo river and the activities put on by the staff. Looking forward to coming back!

• 24th Apr 2014

People from the staff was very friendly and helpful with everything. The breakfast was amazing!! There were pancakes :) the building is VERY OLD, but when we had a problem in our room they fixed it very fast.

1 2 3 Next » last »