Amigos Hostel Cozumel Reviews

Calle 7 Sur # 571 x Ave 25 & 30, Col. Centro Cozumel, Cozumel, Mexico

Had a wonderful stay there! The place is just amazing, with fruittrees everywhere, a nice pool and a great hangout spot if you just want to relax! Kathy, the owner, is the best host you could wish for! She helps with anything you need and even suggests stuff that you wouldn't have thought off, fx driving to the east coast to see the first mexican sun rising! On our 8 weeks off travelling this is by far the best place we have stayed at :) would recommend it to anyone wanting to relax and fulljoy!

A wonderful place to relax. the staff is great!!

Thank you for taking a moment to add a comment. It was my pleasure to meet you and host you here at Amigos. All the best in your travels.

If you want a chilled out vacation this is the place for you. Don't expect a young party scene here. Rather, expect people who go to sleep early and lay by the pool. This is a wonderful mini oasis. A tip if you stay here is always consult Kathy (person in charge) before doing anything because she will be able to get you a better deal. For example, we rented scooters before asking her about it and turns out she could have gotten us scooters for cheaper. Only good things to say about here!

Thank you so much for taking a moment from your busy schedule to add such a kind review. It was my pleasure to meet you and your friends, but more importantly thank you for choosing Amigos Hostel as the place for your Cozumel holiday. All the best to you and your friends!

We enjoyed the stay in this hostel. We had a nice and clean private room with my friend, only had some problems with the shower and hot water but it didn't matter actually too much.. The kitchen area was good place to chat with other travelers. And have to say that the lady who owns that place was very kind and helpful! Thank you for that! :)

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Thank you for taking the time to add a review. It was my pleasure to meet you and host you here. I wish you would have mentioned about the hot water: there is a trick to it and I could have shared that immediately with you! As a result of your words, I've now incorporated that 'trick' into the orientation given to those who reserve the private room! I appreciate your openness. Thank you again for choosing Amigos Hostel for your Cozumel holiday and all the best to you and your friends.!

Very well located hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. A bit loud at night.

Thank you for taking a moment from your busy schedule to add a review, but more importantly thank you for choosing Amigos Hostel for your Cozumel dive holiday. Yes during your few nights here we did have a few folks who enjoyed talking at a louder level than is the standard.... All the best to you in life and your chosen career. Thank you again!

Very nice hostel. Possibly the cleanest hostel I've seen. Loved the diving around the island too. Wish I could stay longer. Will use this hostel again next time!

Thank you so much for taking a moment to add such a kind comment. It was my pleasure to host you here at Amigos for your Cozumel dive holiday. All the best to you.

Everything went well, the owner was a bit reserved, but always helped me when I needed her.

• 4th Jan 2015

Thank you for taking a moment to respond and add a kind comment. Wish you all the best life has to offer.

this hostel offers more for less than any other of the dozens I have stayed in over my years of backpacking

Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy travel schedule to add such a kind comment. It was my pleasure to meet you and to host you here at Amigos. Thank you again for choosing Amigos for your Cozumel holiday. All the best to you.

in found this place very relaxing with a good chilled vib and the owner to be very helpful and informative. very happy with my short stay.

Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy travel schedule to add such a kind comment. It was my pleasure to meet you and host you here, and I only wish I had more space so your stay could have been longer. All the best to you!

Amigos was my favorite hostel! Beautiful grounds, a lovely pool, a large well stocked open air kitchen. Open air commons area with books, movies, TV, comfy couches, and hammocks. The dorm rooms were super clean and tidy as were the bathrooms. The owner is extremely knowledgeable about the island and things to do. She has snorkel gear, lights, towels, etc, for rent as well. The property is walled in and dotted with fruit trees that you can eat when they are in season. Amazing hostel experience!

• 1st Jan 2015

Thank you for taking the time to add a very kind review. I am sorry it is so long in acknowledging it. It was my pleasure to meet you and your friend, spend time chatting and sharing stories. Thank you again for choosing Amigos for your Cozumel holiday. All the best to both of you!

We had a very great time at amigos hostel cozumel. The owner took the time to sit with us, she gave us a map of the island and explain the activities we could do. The hostel is very clean, calm and the swimming pool is nice too!

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to add such a kind comment, but more importantly for choosing Amigos Hostel for your Cozumel holiday... Only wish I would have had more space for your to spend more time here!! All the best to you and your friend!.

Nice location - not so much crush more local vibe. The most helpful and sweet staff ever meet! We had some nice days there. Thanks! :)

Thank you so much for taking a moment to add a very kind comment. It was my pleasure to meet you and your friend and I wish you both only the best. Enjoy life and all your travels!

Beautiful hostel!! Fruit trees everywhere and there's a well maintained pool in the courtyard. I loved staying here, and Kathy was a fabulous host.

Thank you for taking the time to add a very kind comment and review. It was my pleasure to meet you, spend time chatting with you. All the best to you in your chosen career and again thanks for choosing Amigos for your Cozumel dive holiday!

Great, low key hostel. Very central, close to the piers/main streets. Good food all around. Rooms are a good size, lockers are big, Kathy the owner is very helpful/accommodating. Clean/well maintained - could use new pillows/mattresses but not a bid deal. Guests are mostly divers so early to bed, early to rise. Hammocks/pool to hang out in after diving - it's a very relaxing atmosphere. Staying at the hostel means 1/2 off gear rental price at Deep Blue dive shop - good value/great dive shop.

• 20th Dec 2014

So sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your very kind words. Thank you for taking time to add a review. Mattresses for lower beds were just switched out. It was my pleasure to meet you and spend time chatting to you, as well as host you here for your Cozumel dive holiday. Wish you all the best in life!

One of the best hostel experiences I have had. I have never written a review before but just had to spread the word on this place. The owner is amazing and makes the place feel like a home away from home. All the facilities are super clean and there are more facilities than you even need. An extra shower and bathrooms in case the ones in the room are busy, and additional sinks in the rooms. Given that beaches are hard to come by in Cozumel having a pool was great! I'll be back! :)

• 18th Dec 2014

Thank you for taking the time to add such a kind response. I am sorry it has taken me so long to acknowledge it. It was my pleasure to meet you, to speak with you and your family but most importantly to host you here at Amigos during your scuba diving holiday. All the best to you!

I wouldnt recommend this place. Its clean it looks nice but there is no atmosphere and you feel like you are living in someones house. This is not a hostel its a homestay. The owner is trying to be helpful but It makes you feel awkward the momeNt you walk in. There is a rule for everything and signs everywhere to tell you How to behave. We did a snorkel trip through her and it was a rip off. I wish someone had warned me not to go there. Its also quite far from everything.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am sorry you did not enjoy the snorkel trip or your two night stay here at Amigos due to the guidelines that are posted. The snorkel trip has been enjoyed by many other past clients as well as myself and I wish you would have had the opportunity to explain to me why you felt it was a 'rip off' despite the discounted price you received. Enjoy the remainder of your vacation and all the best to you in the new year 2015.

Fantastic hostel. The best equipped and maintained I have experienced throughout Latin America. Perfect backpacker ambiance.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Thank you for choosing Amigos Hostel Cozumel for your place while on the island. Was my pleasure to host you and get to know you. All good luck to you for 2015!

I brought my expensive tri bike there and felt safe with my bike locked up on one of the post. The facilities were relatively clean but some nights the rooms were a little hot without A/C. I thought the location was a good one, not too far from touristy areas but in an area where locals lived.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Was my pleasure to meet you and host you and glad you did well with the Ironman event that you prepared for. Good luck in all future events!