Amigos Hostel Cozumel Reviews

Calle 7 Sur # 571 x Ave 25 & 30, Col. Centro Cozumel, Cozumel, Mexico

Very nice hostel. Possibly the cleanest hostel I've seen. Loved the diving around the island too. Wish I could stay longer. Will use this hostel again next time!

Everything went well, the owner was a bit reserved, but always helped me when I needed her.

• 4th Jan 2015

this hostel offers more for less than any other of the dozens I have stayed in over my years of backpacking

in found this place very relaxing with a good chilled vib and the owner to be very helpful and informative. very happy with my short stay.

Amigos was my favorite hostel! Beautiful grounds, a lovely pool, a large well stocked open air kitchen. Open air commons area with books, movies, TV, comfy couches, and hammocks. The dorm rooms were super clean and tidy as were the bathrooms. The owner is extremely knowledgeable about the island and things to do. She has snorkel gear, lights, towels, etc, for rent as well. The property is walled in and dotted with fruit trees that you can eat when they are in season. Amazing hostel experience!

• 1st Jan 2015

We had a very great time at amigos hostel cozumel. The owner took the time to sit with us, she gave us a map of the island and explain the activities we could do. The hostel is very clean, calm and the swimming pool is nice too!

• 1st Jan 2015

Nice location - not so much crush more local vibe. The most helpful and sweet staff ever meet! We had some nice days there. Thanks! :)

Beautiful hostel!! Fruit trees everywhere and there's a well maintained pool in the courtyard. I loved staying here, and Kathy was a fabulous host.

One of the best hostel experiences I have had. I have never written a review before but just had to spread the word on this place. The owner is amazing and makes the place feel like a home away from home. All the facilities are super clean and there are more facilities than you even need. An extra shower and bathrooms in case the ones in the room are busy, and additional sinks in the rooms. Given that beaches are hard to come by in Cozumel having a pool was great! I'll be back! :)

• 18th Dec 2014

I wouldnt recommend this place. Its clean it looks nice but there is no atmosphere and you feel like you are living in someones house. This is not a hostel its a homestay. The owner is trying to be helpful but It makes you feel awkward the momeNt you walk in. There is a rule for everything and signs everywhere to tell you How to behave. We did a snorkel trip through her and it was a rip off. I wish someone had warned me not to go there. Its also quite far from everything.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am sorry you did not enjoy the snorkel trip or your two night stay here at Amigos due to the guidelines that are posted. The snorkel trip has been enjoyed by many other past clients as well as myself and I wish you would have had the opportunity to explain to me why you felt it was a 'rip off' despite the discounted price you received. Enjoy the remainder of your vacation and all the best to you in the new year 2015.

Fantastic hostel. The best equipped and maintained I have experienced throughout Latin America. Perfect backpacker ambiance.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Thank you for choosing Amigos Hostel Cozumel for your place while on the island. Was my pleasure to host you and get to know you. All good luck to you for 2015!

I brought my expensive tri bike there and felt safe with my bike locked up on one of the post. The facilities were relatively clean but some nights the rooms were a little hot without A/C. I thought the location was a good one, not too far from touristy areas but in an area where locals lived.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Was my pleasure to meet you and host you and glad you did well with the Ironman event that you prepared for. Good luck in all future events!

Awesome hostel! Wonderful, relaxed atmosphere and the nicest owner we've ever met! Thank you Kathy :)

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Thank you for taking the time to add a comment, and for staying at Amigos Hostel for your Cozumel holiday. All the best to you in your chosen career. Was my pleasure to meet you!

Amigos Hostel is a little far from the Center and from any beaches, but, it feels secure and it's very quiet. The owner, Kathy, is awesome, and very welcoming. It is a nice place to relax, the pool is very nice as well, and we enjoyed it every night. AC in the rooms, which is very appreciated as well. We had a good time there.

Large was Very helpful. Nice an chilled

Thank you for taking the time to add a comment and review, but more importantly thank you for spending your Cozumel holiday at Amigos Hostel. Was my pleasure to host you here! All the best to you!

The hostel is ok, it has a pool and lovely garden area which was amazing. Its far from the main area though, like 6 or so blocks. We only saw one staff member and she didnt really talk to us at all. There was not really any atmosphere either, it was great for me as I had just left Playa del Carmen and wanted to relax. It was clean. No breakfast included. There was a kitchen. The worst part is that there were rules plastered all over every wall about one thing or another. That was not nice.

Thank you for taking time to add a comment. I am sorry that my off island responsibilities and obligations did not allow me to meet you for the one night stay you had here at Amigos. You were attended to by my only staff member. Breakfast has never been advertised as included on any of the internet pages and the guidelines are posted to help keep Amigos the clean, safe place it is. All the best to you!

A little walk out of the centre, but a very pleasant hostel in a garden with a welcome pool. Great venue for snorkelling. We booked a private room with en-suite which was welcome, as was the air conditioning. No breakfast included or any tea bags or coffee for making drinks so make sure you have some if this is your requirement! A good collection of board games and snooker table so there is no reason to be bored! Hostess recommended where to find cheap food which was welcome.

Thank you for taking time to add a comment. Tea bags are in the general use kitchen, but not in the private room kitchenette. Wish you would have asked about it. Glad to have meet you and host you here at Amigos. All the best to you and your daughter.

Kathy was very helpful and friendly. Great hostel, pool, etc. Location is pretty good as well.

Thank you for taking a moment out of your holiday to write a review and for choosing Amigos Hostel to spend your holiday. Was my pleasure to meet you and host you here. All the best to you!

Kathy is a wonderful and welcoming host. She makes one feel at home and provides useful information to every traveler. The hostel itself is very clean and nice. The swimming pool is lovely and so are the gardens/hammocks.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • India

Thank you for taking a moment to add a comment during your busy travels. It was a pleasure meeting you and speaking with you. All the best and continued success in your career.

This hostel is everything you need for a very very good price. The rooms are big and have a/c, comfy beds, good kitchen, great common area and a pool! Kathy is very helpful and friendly and will tell you everything you need to know about the island. Thanks for a great stay amigos!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for spending your Cozumel holiday here at Amigos. Was my pleasure to meet you and host you here and wish you all the best!