Amigos Hostel Cozumel Reviews

Calle 7 Sur # 571 x Ave 25 & 30, Col. Centro Cozumel, Cozumel, Mexico

Nice hostell. But out of town though. But its the best hostel in cozumel.

Very good to relax... Beautiful place... but far away from downtown recommended to relax

Thank you for quieting down the drunks!

• 21st Feb 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond and for your visit. Was a pleasure to meet you and to listen to your music. Thanks for sharing!

Best hostel on the island in my opinion. The dorms are clean and comfortable with great bathrooms. The hostel has one of the best outdoor areas of any hostel I've visited, very spacious and even has a pool. The kitchen and communal tv area are large and well equipped. The owner is very friendly and helpful with any you might possibly need. It really is a very nice hostel and with limited options on the island, it is by far the best and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Was my pleasure to host you here at Amigos and I wish the best for you in 2014!

Very nice hostel! Clean, helpful and a nice common area!

Thank you for sharing your experience. Was my pleasure to meet you and your friends and I wish all of you the best in your careers for 2014!

I recommend it ! The staff has been very useful with lot´s of information !

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I wish you the best in 2014 and was a pleasure to meet you!

The hostel was nice but it was located a bit further from the main square. Common facilities, rooms and beds were okey there was a musty smell in the dorm room all the time.

Very chilled and quiet place with a very nice big pool. Couple blocks to the ocean front, local food very close by. snorkel gear rental and lots of good tips to explore Cozumel.

Thank you for taking the time to add a comment and review. All the best to you for 2014 and thank you for your visit!

Good location with a few blocks away from main street and not far from the sea. Kathy is really friendly and helpful - she told us essentially everything we need to know at Cozumel. Facilities included snorkel equipment rental, air con and an amazing pool. The only bad thing is BED BUGS in our dorm beds. Bites appeared in the morning after we checked out, and they were absolutely terrible. Guess it's not the usual scene, but these bugs - crazily hard to get rid of - ruined our following days.

Thank you for taking the time to add a comment. As the owner and a nurse, I know the bites you have are NOT bed bugs but sand fleas or mosquitos. No other client has had a comment or situation of bed bugs nor have any been found during cleaning . We fumigate on a monthly bases against all vectors and have closed down several times one of the dorms to do a deep mattress, wood and room bombing for any sort of creepy crawler. Clients arrived with bites on legs. No others since have had bites!...

Amigos is a very lush and comfortable atmosphere. The grounds and pool are an oasis. Kathy is a very good hostess and runs a tight ship. The rooms are large and there room for your stuff. Overall, a winner

• 28th Dec 2013

I enjoyed my stay here very much. This is a great place to chill out. and relax. This hostel is like an Oasis in the city, with chirping birds, wild iquanas and a full size swimming pool - complete with sun loungers. The kitchen is well furnished and there are many channels in English on the tv (it rained when I was there and it was an added bonus). This was a very social hostel during my stay, but not a party hostel. There are also activities available. I definitely recommend this hostel.

For the most part this is a typical small hostel. It's got good security and is only a few blocks from the main strip. It's the first hostel I've been to with a swimming pool. There were a few bugs flying around but nothing bad. Be aware that the front door bell is connected to a mobile device that the owner carries with her, so you might not hear it go off.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and thank you for your visit. Was my pleasure to host you here at Amigos Hostel Cozumel!

Amigos is a really nice hostel, everything was clean and Kathy is incredible. She told us everything what we can do on the island and it is possible to rent snorkel equipment for 6 USD for a day by her. We felt like home there and I can highly recommend this hostel :)

Thank you for choosing Amigos Hostel Cozumel for your time spent on Cozumel and thank you for taking the time to respond and leave a comment..

Kathy made us feel incredible welcome and helped us with all our problems. Stayed both in the dorms and private rooms. Booked 3 nights before we got there ended up staying for 8! Don't miss breakfast at the tiny unsigned place right across the street.

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Thank you for spending your holiday at Amigos Hostel Cozumel and for taking the time to add a review. It was my pleasure to host you here and to meet you. Wish you all the best with your future plans.