Amigos Hostel Cozumel Reviews

Calle 7 Sur # 571 x Ave 25 & 30, Col. Centro Cozumel, Cozumel, Mexico

We had a private room and it was great!

Great value especially with the pool and fantastic recommendations for diving, snorkelling and many other activities. It is slightly out of the main tourist area of town but this is definitely a good thing - it is quieter and there are cheaper more authentic eats. We loved staying here and highly recommend it to anyone!

This place is in a sketchy neighborhood and has a commune or prison feel to it. There are so many rules that dont make any since. It is somebody's home that they turned into a hostel. The surrounding area doesn't feel safe at all. This doesn't haveany normal hostel atmosphere or amenities.

Since 97 have run this property as a lodgings option, I would have greatly APPRECIATED a face to face conversation about how you found the neighborhood as 'sketchy'. Honestly you are the first guest of many hundreds who have mentioned this. If you had told me your concerns I could bring those to the local small business ass. meeting as it CONCERNS me TOO. guideline keep the place nice. Amenities what were you looking for? Most guests state we have more than anticipated. Thanks for the comments.

Loved my stay ...very easy access to everything even if walking. Pretty much have everything you will need - kitchen, games, books,TV, etc. The only thing that could have been a little better in the private room is a real safe. Also, if there had been more than one person...there would not have been enough storage/clothes hanging space. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a private, yet inexpensive place to stay. Safe enough for a single female traveler.

• 11th Jul 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Was my pleasure to meet you and speak to you. All the best in your future plans..

Nice place to stay. The owner was really helpful and provided us with a lot of tips and things to do on the island.

Thank you for taking a moment to add a comment. It was MY pleasure to meet you and host you here at Amigos for your Cozumel holiday. All the best to you.

Great hostel great value BEST IN COZUMEL GO THERE!!!

Thank you for taking a moment out of your travels to add such a kind comment. It was MY pleasure to meet you, spend time talking with you and having you here at the Amigos Hostel. Hope all goes well with your continued trip and all the best to you!

Had a wonderful stay at Amigos! Kathy helped us get a very affordable snorkel trip (half of what recruiters wanted). Had all the info we needed to find restaurants/banks/other services in the area. Well equipped kitchen and lots of space to hang out with other travelers. We had the private room and it had a kitchenette and AC. Very comfy! You are a few blocks off from the main touristy area, which we liked but may not be for everyone. It was a nice chill place to hang out. We loved our stay!

• 6th Jun 2015

Thank you for taking a moment to add a review. I greatly appreciate it and it was my pleasure to meet you and host you here at Amigos. Good luck in your careers !

I liked so much staying there! It has really nice swimming pool, realy goos atmosphere. Its a litte bit far from downtown, but if you rent a motopad (scooter-US25) its close! Really good advices about what to do in the island! I would definitely stay Again! The owner is really nice.

Thank you for taking a moment from your busy schedule to add a comment. It was MY pleasure to meet you and your friend and to host you here at Amigos for your Cozumel holiday. All the best to both of you..

This was a real "find." Beautiful grounds, pool, small dorm rooms, very clean bathrooms and showers; interesting people; lots of useful stores/restaurants very close by; very quiet and calm; it is a short walk from town, but definitely worth the walk; excellent value!

Thank you for taking a moment out of life to add a comment. I greatly appreciate it. It was my sincere pleasure to meet you and to host you for your scuba diving holiday here on Cozumel. I enjoyed your sense of humor and the joke on the last day!! Hope all is well with you and enjoy the summer.

This was a great hostel! Very chill atmosphere, and very clean. About a 15-min. walk to the dock and ferry, but really not that bad and nice to be off the main strip. Not a party hostel because most people there are divers (myself included), but still really friendly and easy to meet people. Some people thought there were too many rules, but I'm sure it helps to keep the hostel as nice as it is. Highly recommend this place.

• 15th May 2015

Thank you for taking a moment to add a comment. I greatly appreciate your time. Thank you too for choosing Amigos Hostel for your stay during your Cozumel dive vacation. It was my pleasure to meet you. All the best in your career and happy diving!!

great hostel! the owner was very helpful and helped us organise snorkeling tours etc. great pool and very safe security wise. kitchen facilities were fantastic. only a 10/15 minute walk from a supermarket or 5 min walk from a convenience store. aircon in room was great!

Thank you for taking a moment out of your travels to add a comment. I greatly appreciate it. Glad to have meet you and host you here for the Cozumel portion of your trip. All the best to you!

Beautiful grounds and a pool that is clean, deep and enjoyable. The owner, Kathy, knows everything about Cozumel and is very helpful arranging for whatever you want to do.

Thank you for taking the time to add a comment. I greatly appreciate it and it was my pleasure to meet you spend time chatting, hosting you and I wish you all the best in what life has to offer.

Had a wonderful stay there! The place is just amazing, with fruittrees everywhere, a nice pool and a great hangout spot if you just want to relax! Kathy, the owner, is the best host you could wish for! She helps with anything you need and even suggests stuff that you wouldn't have thought off, fx driving to the east coast to see the first mexican sun rising! On our 8 weeks off travelling this is by far the best place we have stayed at :) would recommend it to anyone wanting to relax and fulljoy!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sorry it has taken me so long to acknowledge it. It was my pleasure to meet you and host you here at Amigos. All the best to you in your careers!