Amigos Hostel Cozumel Reviews

Calle 7 Sur # 571 x Ave 25 & 30, Col. Centro Cozumel, Cozumel, Mexico

Nice place to stay. The owner was really helpful and provided us with a lot of tips and things to do on the island.

Great hostel great value BEST IN COZUMEL GO THERE!!!

Had a wonderful stay at Amigos! Kathy helped us get a very affordable snorkel trip (half of what recruiters wanted). Had all the info we needed to find restaurants/banks/other services in the area. Well equipped kitchen and lots of space to hang out with other travelers. We had the private room and it had a kitchenette and AC. Very comfy! You are a few blocks off from the main touristy area, which we liked but may not be for everyone. It was a nice chill place to hang out. We loved our stay!

• 6th Jun 2015

I liked so much staying there! It has really nice swimming pool, realy goos atmosphere. Its a litte bit far from downtown, but if you rent a motopad (scooter-US25) its close! Really good advices about what to do in the island! I would definitely stay Again! The owner is really nice.

• 2nd Jun 2015

This was a real "find." Beautiful grounds, pool, small dorm rooms, very clean bathrooms and showers; interesting people; lots of useful stores/restaurants very close by; very quiet and calm; it is a short walk from town, but definitely worth the walk; excellent value!

This was a great hostel! Very chill atmosphere, and very clean. About a 15-min. walk to the dock and ferry, but really not that bad and nice to be off the main strip. Not a party hostel because most people there are divers (myself included), but still really friendly and easy to meet people. Some people thought there were too many rules, but I'm sure it helps to keep the hostel as nice as it is. Highly recommend this place.

• 15th May 2015

great hostel! the owner was very helpful and helped us organise snorkeling tours etc. great pool and very safe security wise. kitchen facilities were fantastic. only a 10/15 minute walk from a supermarket or 5 min walk from a convenience store. aircon in room was great!

Beautiful grounds and a pool that is clean, deep and enjoyable. The owner, Kathy, knows everything about Cozumel and is very helpful arranging for whatever you want to do.

Had a wonderful stay there! The place is just amazing, with fruittrees everywhere, a nice pool and a great hangout spot if you just want to relax! Kathy, the owner, is the best host you could wish for! She helps with anything you need and even suggests stuff that you wouldn't have thought off, fx driving to the east coast to see the first mexican sun rising! On our 8 weeks off travelling this is by far the best place we have stayed at :) would recommend it to anyone wanting to relax and fulljoy!

A wonderful place to relax. the staff is great!!

Thank you for taking a moment to add a comment. It was my pleasure to meet you and host you here at Amigos. All the best in your travels.

If you want a chilled out vacation this is the place for you. Don't expect a young party scene here. Rather, expect people who go to sleep early and lay by the pool. This is a wonderful mini oasis. A tip if you stay here is always consult Kathy (person in charge) before doing anything because she will be able to get you a better deal. For example, we rented scooters before asking her about it and turns out she could have gotten us scooters for cheaper. Only good things to say about here!

Thank you so much for taking a moment from your busy schedule to add such a kind review. It was my pleasure to meet you and your friends, but more importantly thank you for choosing Amigos Hostel as the place for your Cozumel holiday. All the best to you and your friends!

We enjoyed the stay in this hostel. We had a nice and clean private room with my friend, only had some problems with the shower and hot water but it didn't matter actually too much.. The kitchen area was good place to chat with other travelers. And have to say that the lady who owns that place was very kind and helpful! Thank you for that! :)

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Thank you for taking the time to add a review. It was my pleasure to meet you and host you here. I wish you would have mentioned about the hot water: there is a trick to it and I could have shared that immediately with you! As a result of your words, I've now incorporated that 'trick' into the orientation given to those who reserve the private room! I appreciate your openness. Thank you again for choosing Amigos Hostel for your Cozumel holiday and all the best to you and your friends.!

Very well located hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. A bit loud at night.

Thank you for taking a moment from your busy schedule to add a review, but more importantly thank you for choosing Amigos Hostel for your Cozumel dive holiday. Yes during your few nights here we did have a few folks who enjoyed talking at a louder level than is the standard.... All the best to you in life and your chosen career. Thank you again!

Very nice hostel. Possibly the cleanest hostel I've seen. Loved the diving around the island too. Wish I could stay longer. Will use this hostel again next time!

Thank you so much for taking a moment to add such a kind comment. It was my pleasure to host you here at Amigos for your Cozumel dive holiday. All the best to you.

Everything went well, the owner was a bit reserved, but always helped me when I needed her.

• 4th Jan 2015

Thank you for taking a moment to respond and add a kind comment. Wish you all the best life has to offer.

this hostel offers more for less than any other of the dozens I have stayed in over my years of backpacking

Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy travel schedule to add such a kind comment. It was my pleasure to meet you and to host you here at Amigos. Thank you again for choosing Amigos for your Cozumel holiday. All the best to you.

in found this place very relaxing with a good chilled vib and the owner to be very helpful and informative. very happy with my short stay.

Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy travel schedule to add such a kind comment. It was my pleasure to meet you and host you here, and I only wish I had more space so your stay could have been longer. All the best to you!