Amigos Hostel Cozumel Reviews

Calle 7 Sur # 571 x Ave 25 & 30, Col. Centro Cozumel, Cozumel, Mexico

Amigos has a fantastic atmosphere if you're travelling solo - it's really friendly, and the right size. It's about 20 minutes walk from the ferry dock, however that means you are a bit removed from the tacky restaurants and can find more local places. Kathy is extremely thorough and her advice on other hostels and locations in Mexico is honest and excellent.

The hostel was nice and clean, had good cooking facilities. Area is okay, far away from any of the beaches and ruins so we hired a car for the day whilst there. There wasn't a massive hostel vibe whilst we were there, but I guess that depends on who else is at the hostel, overall an okay hostel

Nice quiet location 7 blocks away from the plaza. Excellent facilities, security and open garden area. Good kitchen facilities. Well run, thanks!

Really nice place. The staff is awesome, and will help you with anything. Really great to relax here for a few days while diving, snorkeling, etc. Some good Mexican eating places nearby for pretty cheap. FYI, the pool was a bit cold (in Jan), but that's to be expected all over Mexico. The hostel and the island are not really great for going out. Most nights people would just sit around and go to bed.

Diving? Stay here.

Amigos is a nice hostel and is only a few blocks from the ferry port. It is a nice quiet hostel so if you are looking for a party atmosphere it's probably not the best place. Kathy is a lovely host and knows lots about the island.

Amigos was amazing! Very chilled atmosphere but I suppose that would depend on the crowd. Kath was awesome and always there to help and give advice about the island and your travel plans and she made us pancakes and muffins! It's a very big hostel in terms of common grounds with a pool, hammocks, pool table, darts and was always clean! It's just out of the hustle and bustle so it's quiet and I'd definitely stay there again! So glad with our choice!

Loved it loved it loved it! I wish I had more time on cozumel because this place was by far the best hostel I have ever traveled through, and that isworl wide. l kind of feel like I shoukdnt writwrite such a good review because then everyone else will know and next time I wont be able to reservereserve a single bunk! 5 stars all the way!!

• 10th Jan 2016

Thank you for taking a moment from busy schedule to add a kind word. It was my pleasure to meet you and host you here and I hope to one day do it again should you return to Cozumel. I wish you all the best for 2016!!

Kathy is a great host and the grounds and rooms are beautiful. I really enjoyed the pool and outdoor space in my time there. Plenty of room to socialize and a great outdoor kitchen and lounge area. Kathy truly cares about her guests and is always there for assistance when needed. A steal of a deal.

Thank you for choosing Amigos Hostel for your Cozumel holiday. It was my pleasure to meet and host you here and wish you all the best in 2016!

The staff were great and very accommodating. The common space is very large and spacious, which is nice. I liked having washrooms for each dorm room as well as outside the dorm rooms.

Thank you for taking a moment to add a kind review. Was my pleasure to meet you and host you here at Amigos Hostel for your Cozumel holiday. All the best in 2016!!

Very clean hostel. Great facilities with the pool additional bathrooms and full kitchen. Kathy had good knowledge of the local area and was always around.

• 24th Dec 2015

Thank you for taking a moment out of busy life to add a kind word. Was my pleasure to host you here at Amigos for your Cozumel holiday. All the best to you in 2016!

Hostel was clean, well organized, and overall a pleasurable experience. The only cons to this place is its location about a 10-15 minute walk away from the central water front and the wifi was very dodging at times. Other than that it was a great place to stay in between dives on Cozumel!

THanks for taking the time to post a note. Wish you would have advised about the slow ness of WIFi as I could just reset the router if the issue was not weather related. All the best for 2016 and thanks again for choosing Amigos for your Cozumel holiday.

I booked a couple of nights during high season but couldn't make it to cozumel on time for the first one. This was no problem and Kathy didn't charge me for it though I informed her less than 24hrs in advance. Very positive about that. Furthermore there's quite a nice pool. It's not a party hostel. You'll find more rules/guidelines than you would in other hostel. A bit far from the restaurant area but the pool makes up for that.

Thank you for taking time to write a review and for spending a few nights here at Amigos. Was my pleasure to host you.Wish you all the best in 2016... Not sure if you walked out on Ave 30 which is just around the corner, LOTS of local places inexpensive authentic spots to eat not only Mexican food but a variety of other types too!!

Kathy was great -- very kind and generous. I loved the location, plenty of good local places to eat and very close walk to the centro. I enjoyed sitting by the pool when I wasn't in the ocean. Perfect place to meet lovely people.

Thank you for your kind response and for choosing Amigos Hostel for your Cozumel holiday. Was my pleasure to host you ad to spend time chatting with you. All the best to you in 2016!!

Awesome hostel! The owner is super nice and incredibly helpful. Such a good place to chill out and relax. Kitchen and dorms kept really clean. It's a little walk away from the waterfront strip but I didn't mind at all 👍🏼

Thank you for taking moment from holiday to post such a kind review. It was my pleasure to meet you and chat and host you here for your Cozumel holiday. All the best to you..

I ended up extending my stay as I loved it so much. A really chill and happy vibe, got a great nights sleep as the beds were comfy. Lord chilling out by the pool after a long day diving. It's off the beaten track a bit which means that the food places around are local, tasty and cheap. Would recommend this place!

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review. It was my pleasure to host you here at Amigos for your scuba holiday and I wish you all the best in life.

Loved it and I'm going back. Kathy, the owner, was great. Knows the island well and wants to steer you in the right directions. Beds great, outdoor pool super-lux. The bathrooms was awesome, big plus for me. Very clean. A few blocks from the center, so it's quiet at night, which I liked.

Thank you for taking a moment from your busy life to add a kind comment. I was my pleasure to meet you and chat with you. I wish you all the best in life. Hope one day to host you again.

Amazing property with secure and private garden area and pool. Great place to relax and meet fellow travelers after a day of scuba diving. One of the best and cleanest hostels I've ever stayed at. Great central location 5 blocks from the waterfront.

• 10th Nov 2015

Thank you for taking a moment from your day to post a note. Was my pleasure to meet you and host you here at Amigos. Wish you all the best in 2016.

Great Hostel. Very relaxed and quiet. Lots of information about Cozumel and surrounding areas. Pool is kept clean. They make your bed everyday. I will return.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. It was my pleasure to host you here at Amigos. All the best to you.

Amigos hostel has a great location and great facilities, huge pool and lots of areas to chill out in. Lots of information available to you on anything in Cozumel you.might need to know about

Thank you for taking time to respond. Thank you too for choosing Amigos for your Cozumel holiday . Was my pleasure to host you here. All the best to you.