Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie

6.6
Good 3142 Total Reviews

17th Feb 2017
4.9

to be honest, the ONLY real good thing is the location. just it.

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Feb 2017
6.9

This hostel is in a great location! That's definitely the best perk to staying there. The hostel itself is very basic and old - no lockers, barely any outlets, bunk beds, and one toilet and shower per floor (I stayed in the 8 person dorm). The price reflects the convenience of the location, but not the amenities of the hostel. The breakfast was really just toast and coffee, nothing fancy. There is a cat that hangs out in the common space, but it doesn't go upstairs to the rooms. It was decent!

• USA, Male, 18-24
10th Feb 2017
7.1

I booked this the night before coming to Amsterdam because my other plans got canceled. During my time there, the shower got clogged and I was standing in a pool of dirty water. The staff tried to fix it, but wasn't able to. I loved the location which made it possible for me to explore the city more, but overall I probably would choose a different place if I had more time to figure out where I was staying.

26th Jan 2017

One of the best hostels I had a real pleasure to spend three days. Very kind , frriendly and competent staff, excellent atmosphere, fantastic breakfasts with delicious pancakes and additionally also delicious soup in the evening and only for 1 Euro unlimited glasses of fantastic Sangria. Berstv regards for all staff from Warszaw.

• England, Male, 25-30
24th Jan 2017

This is very nice hostel, I stayed here many times. Good location near supermarket which is open 7 day per week , facilities are also not bad, there is free kitchen where you can make your own food or drinks. Place is clean in general. Staff is very helpful if you need some direction or hint. Also price is not bad for this location.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
20th Jan 2017
8.0

We had a really good time staying at Annemarie. The staff were very friendly and helpful with good knowledge of the city and the best places to go. You get what you pay for bedroom wise but the rooms were warm, clean and comfortable. The only downside is the shared area downstairs which wasn't very good to sit in but if you aren't planning on spending much time in the hostel then that won't matter. The location is great, just across from the I Amsterdam sign and the Ice skating. Will stay again!

• ctrimino6516
  • Colombia, Male, 25-30
29th Dec 2016
7.1

Everything was nice in this hostel, facilities, rooms, very spacious, the location, etc. BUT would never stay there again for this specific staff at the reception with glasses in the night shift. Has no hospitality skills whatsoever, you can tell he hates his job and he seems very sleepy all the time but super rude and bad attitude. Plus he's bad for business, me and my friend tried to rent a bike, he gave me an attitude so I decided to rent them some where else

• France, Couple, 18-24
26th Dec 2016
5.1

Private room for 2: bunk beds and holes in the sheets. The room wasn't clean, and we couldn't be sure if the sheets had been used before or not. The toilets were always a bit gross. Shower though was really good, with hot water and pressure. Location is great, 2 minutes away from the tram and a few minutes away from the Van Gogh museum (the hostel is located in the museum district). Someone got into our room while we were in it, which really made us wonder about security...

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Dec 2016
7.1

Wasn't awful, the location is lovely ! Only big issue was there wasn't any lockers in the room, and the only plug to charge your phone is an extension lead which seems kinda dangerous. Other wise pleasant enough, but I wouldn't bother with the downstairs shower. Also they have two (from what I saw!) cats!

10th Dec 2016
2.0

The worst experience I've ever had. Expensive about it offers, lye with breakfast and rooms horrible it's just disgusting

Hi Thank you for youre booking, we think what you said about us is not fair, were cleaning rooms on a daily basis and were the cheapest hostel with a free breakfast. In Amsterdam during the weekend ewerywhere price are a bit higher but it was still one of the cheapest places in a whole town.