Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff could be a bit more helpful.

It was the worth hostel I've been. It's dirty. The toilet and shower are terrible. The breakfast finishes fast and its not served again. So if you are not the first 10 people to eat, good luck, there is no more breakfast for you. You can't leave your luggage there if you need after chek out. to leave there you need to pay 3€ and the maximum to take it is 6 pm. Only the staff that speaks Italian is good. The others are really rude. Terrible is always that I have to say about this hostel.

Very dirty bedrooms, terrible bathrooms, almost no common areas, extremely overpriced for the overall quality of the hostel

Good things: position Bad things: don't accept credit/debit cards the staff is only one person narrow stairs (no lift) no wardrobe/shelf / space where you can put luggages at arrival we found dirty room and dirty sink narrow and always smelly toilet only one showers for two floors incredibly poor breakfast All these things could be acceptable if I would pay 10€/night. But I paid 50€/night, almost like an hotel! So I expexted some better services and cleaning.

This would be the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. No room to store our bags, toilet and shower absolutely stunk, staff are not accomodating at all, had to wait until somebody let us into the building when returning from spending the day out which is ridiculous. Every hostel I've stayed at allows a guest to enter the building as they please. The 10 bed dorm could not accomodate 10 people, lucky to even be able to house 4 and was always filthy. Nowhere to lock our personal belongings either.

• 5th Aug 2015

The only good thing about this hostel is the location. Security is awful. Staying in the ground floor dorm, two of our mobile phones were stolen from our personal belongings. Door has a keycard, however there is an open patio door in the garden accessible to anyone inside the hostel. When confronting staff on the issue, we asked to see the footage from the various cctv cameras they have located on the ground floor..only to find they are not connected to any recording device. Poor facilities also

• 5th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for staying. We regret that this happened. We always inform the geusts not to leave valuables info the dorms, we have lockers !!, Free to use and you can charge the phones at the reception, were we can watch them. The cctv is connected but we brouth it away for an upgrade. We will contact you like promissed. greetings

The toilet facilities are very smelly and dirty. So are the showers they should be cleaned a bit more regularly. I booked for a 3 night stay and found out late one night that the manager had booked my bed out so I had no where to sleep. I was travelling alone and all they could do was to put a matress on the floor. I asked for my money back but recieved nothing. Good location but the staff are clueless. breakfast is just bread and peanut butter and jam.

• 31st Jul 2015

Overall good hostel. Excellent location / value for money because it is relatively close to town center and it is super close to museums (Rijkmusuem, Van Gogh, and Steidjlmusuem... butchered that spelling...) This is a mom and pop hostel, nothing special. Although I was initially worried based on some reviews, I booked a private 2 person room and it was clean and straightforward, no issues. very small bathroom, but everything in Amsterdam is pretty tight on space anyway.

The staff was very nice but the facilities were terrible. The only thing the kitchen had was a microwave. I barely fit inside the shower wich was in the kitchen. You only had one toilet and it was in a confined cubicle in the hall. The common room was small and we didnt feel good hanging Out in there. I think i would be ok with those with a more proporcional price to the facilities

Could have been cleaner, too expensive for what it is, not much going on.

Incredibly overpriced for what you get. Although the location next to Museumplein isn't too bad & the staff are very friendly. However, the rooms are small & hot. The WiFi doesn't reach some of the rooms, and the bathrooms are pretty grim. Furthermore, the vibe in the hostel isn't great. Not a single person in our room was interested in meeting new people, unfortunately. Probably the worst hostel experience I've had so far. Try and get somewhere else!

Had a great stay at this hostel. Its a tiny bit out of the centre so its nice and peaceful yet still can walk it and trams nearby. Staff were extremely kind and helpful with all problems. No lockers but any valuables you have can be left behind reception. Rooms are spacious and if you're lucky you may even get a balcony. Wifi also works throughout the hostel and outside, unlike many others that say the do. Would definitely stay here again and suggest to fellow travellers.

Right next to all the action and just the right level of scummy for that real traveller feel. The bicycles and the rooftop are both great features but I was disappointed I couldn't use the bicycles on the roof. The staff are reasonable and willing to go beyond the call of duty if you treat them well. Fun fact; this hostel is home to a slew of cats who come and laze around all the different floors of the hostel, on the breakfast table, and in the kitchen. There's no toaster or stove. Weed close.

• 22nd Jul 2015

It`s all about the location!

The hostel itself is nothing special, and I feel like was a bit over priced, even during the peak of tourist season. Quite far from the red light district, but near all the museums, and there is a street train 2 min walk that takes you to central station. Everyone I met in my dorm was awesome and I had a good time and made new friends. Much more welcoming than other hostels I've stayed at. Overall I'm happy with my stay and would probably come back.

Frenar hostel we me a lot of new people.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

I stayed one night in a room of 12. Thw room was ine and spacious. But no attached toillets and showers,which was horrible. No secure place to put ur things. The night staff was horrible. He really needs to learn some manners. Location not good either. Far from city centre. Only good thing was the price. Only recommended if you dont find any place anywhere.

The toilet was broked. The room was so small, tight! Breakfast so simple, just bread, caffee or margarine.

The rooms were so hot. No air con and it was really really hot. The bathrooms were smelly and were very disgusting to be honest. The staff was ok. Friendly. Would never stay here again because it is not worth the $140 they try to charge during the weekends... Unhappy camper here.

• 1st Jul 2015

Worst experience for my 40-day-trip to Europe. First I've booked a dorm for 6 people. Then I have to pay extra for private double room. My bed in the first night is a mess from previous guest, that means they don't even do cleaning room. I have to pay extra 100 euro for private double room for second night; yet, the price shown in hostelworld.com for that room that day is 90 euro. That makes 220 euro for suffering 2 nights in Amsterdam

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5