Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie

Good 3202 Total Reviews
6.7
Good 3202 Total Reviews

4.9

This has been one of the worst hostels I've stayed in and I've been traveling for 5 months now, stayed in probably 30 hostels. The room smelled so bad I actually gagged and the bathroom was soaked I didn't even bother. The "breakfast" was bread. A loaf of bread, not even a toaster. Close to the tram tho! Oh also, when I got there one of the staff members seemed high as a kite while the other was fine. Idk man. Figure it out!!

2.6

I don't even know where to begin with this hostel. Walking in they only accepted cash and were changing from day to night staff. I waited 25 minutes to check in because the guy leaving was so incredibly high. The rooms sucked. Maybe it was just the others in my dorm, but the place stunk. Their free breakfast is slices of bread. Not toast, because they don't have a toaster. Just bread. Also the hostel cat jumped on my table during breakfast. I'm allergic to cats. Save your money.

• New Zealand, Male, 31-40
3.4

Packed, smelly, noisey, no where to put my valuables, bed far to small, lost my booking and a fue other gripes

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
14th Apr 2017
5.4

Only two bathrooms in service for the whole hostel; One bathroom recently renovated, but still very small and steamy/smelly, although clearly regularly cleaned. Lots of dust under the beds. Good location, right next to museums, tram line to city and bus to airport. Very expensive for a hostel though.

• janeymack680
  • Philippines, Female, 31-40
11th Apr 2017
8.0

Staff are really friendly and accommodating. They will help you in any which way they can. The facilities are spartan I guess is what I would call it. I have stayed in several hostels in all of my travels and I could say there is room to make the kitchen and the toilet and showers cleaner. I stayed for 4 nights, most of the time the roommates know hostel etiquette and respect the silence inside the room. The breakfast inclusion was a welcome surprise!

• Ecuador, Mixed Group, 25-30
11th Apr 2017
4.6

Bad overall experience with the hostel. We arrived early in the morning so they stored our bags until it was check in time. When we returned in the afternoon, they didn't have room for us! They say they overbooked, and that for the same price we could stay at a nearby hostel. So we went and stayed in sarphati hostel. I know Amsterdam is expensive, but for over 50 euro per night, the place was not very nice, at least Anne Marie was close to something. Anne Marie wasn't very clean either.

• Romania, Male, 25-30
5th Apr 2017

Had a nice and pleasent stay. Everything was great.

• England, Male, 18-24
3rd Apr 2017
4.0

This hostel taught me a valuable lesson in regards to backpacking. It's worth paying the extra price to stay somewhere decent in this case 5/6 euros. I moved to the flying pig hostel after 2 lacklustre nights here. This hostel had the worst atmosphere of any I've stayed in. There were rules for absolutely everything. It didn't feel like a hostel at all. I don't normally write negative reviews but this place left a dull patch on my otherwise excellent trip to Amsterdam. Stay at the flying pig.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017

The staff and location were all super awesome. The bathrooms in the dorm rooms could use a solid cleaning and bleaching, and the wifi only worked for a couple hours throughout our whole stay there, and the electricity seemed to go out (or they would turn it off?) sometimes at night. Other than that the hostel is fine and met some cool people!

2nd Apr 2017
8.0

Nice budget hostel. The staff were super friendly and nice. Loved the location near the park. Only big minus in my eyes is the lack of lockers in the rooms.