Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

had to pay to luggage storage when check out. the carpet floor was dirty. other than that was all fine. You could smoke weed in the terrace.

Annamarie is located in a very good position, if it's sunny you can take a walk in the beautiful Vondel park, if it's rainy you can visit the museums in museumplein. The staff is kind and funny, cleanliness is not excellent but acceptable, security could be better. A good stay anyway!

Not in the city centre (20 min away by tram, 40 min away from the main train station) although I did like the zone, way too expensive, dorm too small, a bit dirty and messy and without lockers, dangerous staircase. Weird shower and toilet. I liked the balcony in my dorm although it was way too big for such a small room. Average breakfast. They charge you for storing your luggage after check-out.

Honestly, for how much its cost, Annemarie is great. The location is perfect. Museumplein is visible from the hostel door, Vondelpark is a 5 minute walk away, the tram is less than 100 meters away, and since it's uptown it's much chiller than downtown. Still, this is not a fancy place by any means. The first floor has one shower for 14 people and it's more like a closet. Also, my second night they overbooked my room so a staff member came in at 3am and turned on the light, which was a awful.

This hostel is overpriced

• 31st Jul 2014

Wifi game strooonnggg!! Unfortunately we didn't go much on the price, the owner and his staff, or the atmosphere of the place. Found the staff to be quite rude to us when we were trying to check in as our whole group was not there, and wasn't even allowed to stand outside on the street. Other than that it's not too bad as far as hostels go, no lockers in rooms or in the hostel is a bit of a downer though.

• 30th Jul 2014

This hostel was by far the worst hostel I've ever stayed at and way over priced! Rooms were so small and the window was not accessible, so there was no ventilation at all. The overall facility was in poor condition and their free breakfast was coffee and sliced bread with peanut butter and jelly??? Not toast, just reg. bread. From the moment I walked in I asked to cancel my 2nd night and they refused. I paid 100 dollars for 2 nights and it was awful that I left early anyways. Don't recommend it!

In no way did I feel like a "guest" at this hostel. I was not greeted or addressed in a friendly or welcoming manner. I felt as though I was seen merely as another cash-making opportunity. Also the light in the bathroom didn't work while I was there. And no security lockers??! What kind of "hostel" is this?

Hi rose, thank you for staying with us. We always do our best to give a good service to our guests. as for the locker you told you to leave your stuff in our safe at the reception. The light has been fixed after you told us. You are welcome to come back next time, so can do more our best to meet your needs. staff hostel annemarie

Three showers and four toilets in a hostel expecting to hold 12 people per room with 12 rooms. Many of my items were moved by staff without my knowledge, and a room transfer without warning either me or the new residents. Has the appearance of being shabby and unsafe, particularly for those with a mild constitution.

Just a few minute walk from the Iamsterdam sign and about a 20 minute walk from downtown which is a perfect location if you're like me and like to walk a lot in places like Amsterdam. The staff members were super friendly and everything was clean. My only complaint is the fact that there's only one bathroom for 14 people. It wasn't a huge deal though.

• 18th Jul 2014

Had a pleasant stay at Annemarie. Very close to the museum quarter and easy to get tram 5 into the main town. Walls/doors were very thin so very easy to hear everything going on in the corridor especially at night. Could do with a spruce up and twin room was very small - had bunk beds in twin room and not really suitable for couples.

Annemarie is a Great hostel, very very clean and comfortable. Nice and polite staff. Great breakfast, good wifi access.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Some staff were really friendly but the owner was horrible. Bathrooms seemed to only get cleaned once a day in the morning, location is excellent, free map and wifi. Not worth the money, better off paying a little extra and staying somewhere else.

My stay at hostel Annemarie whas amazing the staff are always helpfull And verrry kind i did read the reviews before but nothing to complain. Central location next to museumsquare and the very good supermarket. Thanks guyssss!!!!!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Good location for Vondelpark and museums but quite far from the city centre, station and main tourist spots. Secure entrance with key cards for the doors but no individual lockers. Very spacious rooms though, small kitchen with only kettle and microwave and a small communal area. Absolutely fine for a couple of nights stay but because of the location, I wouldn't stay there again.

Lock on door broken and not fixed when promised. Locked out of room for 1.5 hours and not told when fixed. One key taken by staff by staff member to fix door and then they tried to charge us for it. Staff seemed generally uninformed about door situation. Cat and mouse discovered in room. Guests added to room at 4am with no warning. Electrical plugs dangerously placed near sinks. Good wifi and great location. Suitable for short stays but wouldn't recommend for long trips.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

hi, thank you for staying with us. the door has been fixed, after you have told us. as for the rooms you booked a 10 person mixed dorm, so other person will be in the room. we hope you had a nice stay in Amsterdam. greetings hostel Annemarie

Good value for money.

This was the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. I've mostly left reviews in the 90-100% range but this one gets a 34% because it really was that awful. To start off, there was a rat running around in my room. The toilets at this hostel are barely functioning. The worst however, was the owner. He came into our room at 8:30, woke everyone up, and asked who was checking out and then proceeded to inspect all of our things for food and drugs. No one was checking out so he woke everyone up for nothing.

The staff are rude, our dorm got woken up both nights I was there, the first at about 6am the staff came in yelling because they were apparently trying to find someone hiding in the hostel, the second night was at 2am when the staff had booked 9 people into an 8 bed dorm and they decided to wake everyone up to ask for out receipts to prove we had paid to sleep there. Theres so many awesome hostels this isnt one of them

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

hi, thank for staying with us for next time you should book a private room. We always do our best to give the best service thank you for staying with us. hostel annemarie

The staff were great however the overall facility was very poor, was dirty and was not told in any clear indication that when we booked a 4 bed room for 3 people that we would have a n extra stranger in the room with us, we felt that we could not leave any valuables in the room often carrying them into town for fear of loss of them. Would definitely not stay here again and am unhappy of the false representation on your site.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hi, thank you for staying with us. you have booked 3 person in a 4 person mixed dorm, and not a private room. we have offered to store your important things in our safe room. we hope you had a nice stay in Amsterdam. staff hostel Annemarie

« first « Prev 1 2 3