Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Was a very pleasant stay! Staffs great, comfortable/homey atmosphere- bathrooms are a little sparse and the downstairs shower is a literal closet, but overall no complaints! Maybe more outlets in the rooms would be nice. Also, you should get a toaster for breakfast!

The breakfast is a little poor, but the price compensates. There are no lockers in the room, you have to Let your Stuff in the reception ir you wanna secure something. But the localization is great, it's near almost everything!

This hostel was alright, but the staff and the safety were not very good. The rooms were not very nice, which I expected, but there were no lockers or safety features at all, making me feel very uncomfortable leaving my belongings there. Also the staff was very unhelpful when I lost my phone behind the radiator in my room, and ultimately I had to leave my phone there. Also, the complimentary breakfast is simply a loaf of bread and some butter and jam. You can find a better hostel than this.

• 24th Jan 2015

Compared with other places the hostel is really cheap. That is really good. But i felt uncomfortable and not welcome in the hostel because the staff was quite rude. I did't get a good introduction for the place and there weren't any signs either so it was hard to find anything. The toilets and showers were really dirty and smelled really bad and so was the kitchen. The included breakfast was a slice of white bread and jam. All together i think the atmosphere is uncomfortable even for that price.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Hello there, we are shocked to read your review! Our staff is always welcoming and helpfull. We have a very controlled and safe system with the room keys so normally we never have problems like that, we always clean the rooms and showers we always want to prodive the best service and cleanles. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and will try to improve the safety even more to avoid situations like that to happen again. Kind regards,

Excellent hostel. Great location, great atmosphere and the staff are super friendly and helpful with showing how to use the transport. The rooms are clean.

• 15th Jan 2015

Hostel annemarie whas very nice perfect located located in the hart of museum square, the staff is always happy and verry friendly.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Finland

This is a very good hostel with very helpful staff. It's the little details that make the difference, the location is also perfect.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Nice location, close to the museum plaza. For the price to stay in Amsterdam is quite cheap. Staff knew few things about where to visit and current activities in Amsterdam, which was disappointed. But if I'm looking for cheap place to stay in Amsterdam, I might still stay there.

Perfect cambination betwen quality and price :)

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Spain

I had a nice weekend stay here. ots of great roommates and friendly staff. My only complaint is the lack of bathroom facilities: one tollet/shower for a dorm of ten people means that if someone takes a long shower a lot of people have to wait to use the toilet. Speaking of the toilet, it leaks every time it gets flushed and really needs to be fixed. I slept on a bunk underneath a lady with a bad cold and her snoring sounded like an angry dog all night, but that is not the hostel's fault.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • the North

Everything was very good, nice rooms, fast internet and very friendly and helpful staff

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

No lockers, no wifi beyond first floor, and the staff made us pay in cash with no receipt. However, it was right next to a tram stop and close to the museums and a bunch of bars, restaurants, and coffe shops. This hostel is very dirty. Someone threw up all over the bathroom on out floor and it was not cleaned for 2 days. Also, people's phone chargers and adapters were going missing. Not sure if it was the cleaning staff or the guests... Do not stay here unless it is your last choice.

Majority of the staff were so rude! We arrived in Amsterdam at 5.30am and the guy running the desk wouldn't even let us sit in the common room when we were checking in later that day. The place is filthy and smells like mould. Showers are small and dirty! Breakfast is bad, no toaster just bread and jam? There is no atmosphere what so ever. No ladder to the bunk beds. Bad experience/10! Would not recommend to anyone!

Very friendly staffs and perfect location! But they do not have enough AC power outlet in a room.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Excellent hostel, excellent price and in a great location! The rooms were clean and the staff were super friendly. Will stay again!

Love love love!

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Extremely well located hostel. Very clean and staff always willing to help. Would definitely stay there again???

• 8th Dec 2014

I had an amazing experience with hostel annemarie, throughout my entire stay and I have nothing negative to comment about. I would also like to especially thanks the staff, they are very approachable providing excellent services as he makes sure that everyone felt welcome (even if you're traveling alone!).The rooms are spacious and clean and the beds comfortable.

• 8th Dec 2014

Really helpful staff. Upgraded my room for free! Beds were clean and locker system is great. The location is perfect close to my favorite museums and a nice supermarket where they have everything.

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

Not the greatest hostel. the room was nice enough but the bathrooms werent nice and there was no real common area which led to poor atmosphere. The breakfast included means they provide bread and a toaster. They also preauthorized my card and it has been 3 weeks and they still have not removed it even though I have been repeatedly emailing them and hostelworld.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4