Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The only good thing is hostel near the museums and 20min far away from on foot to center. They show that they have bigger rooms on photos and they say that have locker room,microwave and breakfast. There is no locker room,just 1 microwave for whole hostel and breakfast was very poor. If you wanna waste your money you should go there..

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Everything is covered with a patina of filth. When you use the handrail of the steep staircase, your hands are sticky after. Noisy at night due to fighting hotel cats and guests. NO LOCKERS, NO ladder or anything to get in the upper bed The place is in a posh residencial area, no coffeeshops, no cheap food, no anything around. Many complaining guests, ridiculous "breakfast" Disgusting smells everywhere. primitive seating and equipment quality like poorer parts of south america or africa

• 21st Nov 2014

Hostel was very convenient to everything. The Van Gogh Museum, Supermarkets, transport. easy to get to the city centre Real Cheap. Real Clean. Very helpful staff....Said was awesome.

• 11th Nov 2014

I liked my stay and I would stay here again for the cheap price. But- the showers have no ventilation and so smell like mold. The doors should be propped open whenever they're not in use. The "kitchen" needs an oven and/or stove to actually cook in there. Also, there should be a "lights out" time for the shared rooms, and people who walk in after that time should be quiet! It's impossible to sleep with people coming in and out and talking loudly all night long. Oh, and the WiFi didn't work.

The guy in the morning was very nice and helpful but a few of the other staff members we're great. My friend got kicked out of the hostel for talking in the hallway (not very loudly or late at night). There aren't many showers and the bathrooms are not well maintained. The actual room was fine except there is no rail on the top bunk which was pretty scary experience. I moved to the Winston just off Dam square and it was way nicer or the Flying Pig is really cool.

I had an present stay at annemarie the location is amazing just in the middle of the museums square and the street market the staff are very good.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Hostel Annemarie was amazing the staf is verry kind? Had a great stay. Very comfortable and perfect location. Would recommend to other and will stay there again”

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

I went to this hostel with a group of friends and to confirm the reservation they blocked 500 euros on my credit card (which is actually a prepaid). I've been there a week ago and I still haven't received the money back. I haven't had the chance to call the hostel yet but I find it very unprofessional that after a week I've been there they still have to give me back the money. I've also sent two emails but I go to response whatsaever.

Horrible experience

• 31st Oct 2014

Hostel was dirty and had cat walking around. Cigarette burns in my bed. Management was not accommodating to request for room change. Overall I would never stay here we ended up leaving and booking something else even though they would give us none of our money back for the 4 nights because of their cancellation policy that you know nothing about when you book it.

• 29th Oct 2014

bit rubbish

• 29th Oct 2014

I came here for my birthday weekend and it was really good, felt very secure and really good value for money. Only issue we had was the staff were a bit rude. I would recommend it to any travellers

• 24th Oct 2014

Best part of the hostel was its location! Smack bang up town, right next to the Van Gough museum! Famous 'I am amsterdam' sign. But, when entering the hostel there was no warm welcome more like a 'what do you want' welcome! Had to pay an extra €40 for city tax even though taxes were all included in the payment and key cards for room room ages to work for room door! No luggage storage, leave in room at own risk! But it's a Needed comfy bed after a long day walking around amsterdam! So not all bad

• 17th Oct 2014

An ok hostel, with bikes the location is good and easy to find. The staff was friendly enough, what was a bit off putting though was that when we arrived there was a guy at the door who didn't speak or understand English. There was also a big group staying at the hostel so it was hard to make new friends, it is not a very sociable hostel. Free breakfast with peanut butter is nice! Some lockers in the rooms would be great.

Toilets were sooooo smelly!! Mice in our room

Rather pricey for what is provided, especially there only being 2 showers in the whole building. The 3 bathrooms also smelled bad all the time. Did appreciate rooms being cleaned daily, but would appreciate having staff knock in the door before entering. Having breakfast provided was nice and staff were friendly.

A good place for the money you pay. The stuff is kind and welcoming. From disadvantages: it is quite remoted from the city centre and WiFi is slow and unstable.

Small rooms, limited bathrooms and very stuffy.

friendly front desk guy. toilets were abit small and there weren't any lockers.

I had a great time staying at the Annemarie Hostel, really excellent staff always when you need them. Location is perfect close to Van Gogh and Stedlijk museums, Iamsterdam sign and Vondel park. Cause still do not understand the reviews from other travelers.Will definitely be coming back !!!!!!

• 22nd Sep 2014