Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie

Good 3248 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
14th Jun 2017
7.7

Aesthetically, I think this place leaves a lot to be desired, but the staff, location, and price more than make up for it! This is the first place I have ever stayed in Europe, and from the moment I got there the staff was so friendly, welcoming, and helpful. They were so knowledgeable of the area and eager to help me whenever I needed it. It's also in an AMAZING location, just steps from a grocery store, a block away from the museums, and right next to a tram stop. BOOK THIS PLACE ASAP!!

13th Jun 2017
6.9

There's renovations happening so there's construction noises during the day. The desk staff were really nice and helpful. Basic breakfast of bread and coffee and tea. There's not enough outlets in each room, there were 5 in a room of 12. Renting a bike is cheap but the bikes are so-so quality.

10th Jun 2017
2.6

Worst hostel I have ever been in. I stayed on the ground floor. Anyone could access the room through the garden, there was only one working plug in the room that handles 14 people and it was attached to the sink that was in the room. The room key would never work and they wouldn't fix it. The person that I assume owns the compound, was the main reason that this hostel gets such a bad ratting, I have never seen someone in the hospitality business treat people so bad. Don't stay here.

• USA, Female, 31-40
4th Jun 2017

Lovely! Nice staff. Best bed in all my travels. That made everything great!!!! They could have coffee available a little earlier for those who needed to catch a flight. Lol I'm a bear with out my coffee. Lol

4th Jun 2017
3.4

Honestly the worst hostel I have ever stayed at. First off, housekeeping cleaned off my bed while I still had two nights remaining and ended up losing my headphones. The hostel wouldn't pay for new ones. Breakfast is just bread and jam. There's a cat, too, which is okay with me, but it tried to bite me. Bathrooms are very lacking and gross. Nowhere to set your clothes while showering. Can only pay cash and there is no laundry so you have to walk 20 min and pay 7 euro at a laundry. Not recommend.

• USA, Female, 18-24
3.7

While my expectations for this hostel weren't high based on previous ratings, the staff's rudeness and general cleanliness of the hostel were unacceptable. A member of the staff woke me up in the middle of the night with a flash light in my face, claiming that I was in the wrong bed and needed to move, when he had clearly created the issue himself by assigning two people to the same bed. I also woke up the first morning with a tick on my leg, and found the bedding to be unclean.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
2.6

Limited breakfast hours and food, creepy staff, dirty amenities (my friend got a tick from the bed), and you can hear everything in the hall in the middle of the night.

• USA, Male, 18-24
5.7

I have used a hostel once before and it was slightly better than I expected. When I came to Annemarie, however, it was very subpar. Beds were uncomfortable and small (my feet hung off the edge of the bed), rooms and more importantly bathrooms smelled terrible. The bathrooms were not bathrooms and every time someone showered, the whole bathroom got wet. Owner ripped off young adults by charging extra for every amenity, including towels and storing baggage. Price was decent, but quality was low.

26th May 2017
6.6

Fantastic and friendly staff. I was in the Berlin room which is up 3 sets of incredibly steep and thin stairs. There was no AC, which I was used to, but there was no way of circulating the air in general. I found myself sweating while just sitting down. For the price I paid, which was a little over a hundred a night for the weekend, I expected something a bit nicer. It was about a 30-45 minute walk to Centraal or the RLD. Overall, I would choose a closer hostel with better facilities.

• zherbst03
  • USA, All Male Group, 18-24
23rd May 2017
6.6

This hostel is well located - right next to a tram stop and right near Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum. The bathrooms weren't very good though - definitely below average. Breakfast consisted of free coffee and slices of bread. Staff was okay... cleaning people took our personal towels when they cleaned the room. We were given new ones when we told them what had happened. Also, upon arriving if you pay with card, there is an additional 5% charged.