Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location is the best part about this hostel, it is close to Van Gogh and Stedlijk museums, Iamsterdam landmark, Vondel park and beautiful women's fashion and shoe stores. You're also walking distance to Leidseplein, the canals and a half hour walk to Dam Square and the Red Light District. The hostel itself is basic, stray cats sit on the tables where breakfast is served which is gross, 10 person dorm is poorly planned, mirror and basin in the actual room, 3 power points between 10 people

The kitchen only has a microwave, sink and kettle in it and no big bowls if you were hoping to create some magic with those facilities. The staff were temperamental- sometimes very helpful, sometimes wanting to get you quickly out the door. The room was okay! Very small ensuite but clean. Also the 'included breakfast' is just bread, tea and coffee.

Pretty bad to be honest. One unisex shower and toilet per level meant waiting ages, the whole place stank like mould, the beds were too short for an average human being, no stove or toaster or freezer in the kitchen (good luck cooking anything!) breakfast is bread and spread and aside from one nice guy the staff were really weird and kind of scary. The manager kept calling us both 'lady' and he seemed way too angry too easily about little things. Bit of a shame in such a chill city.

For the price of this hostel I didnt expect much. Its ok value for money but there is no atmosphere so difficult to meet people. No lockers and the kitchen was simply a microwave.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in- really friendly staff going out of their way to help out, an ideal location and great rooms!

• 4th Sep 2014

The breakfast was very poor, only tea, coffee, bread, butter and jam. The bathroom is very small as well as the room for meals.

Nice enough for a short stay. Brilliant location and nice facilities. The kitchen is lacking as we only had a microwave, but other than that was fine.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Good location, by the Museumplein which means it's not as crowded, loud and dirty as the main downtown area. However, that's the only good thing about it. The staff were really unprofessional and rude. They woke me up twice in the middle of the night, once at 3AM because they don't keep accurate records of their available beds. They thought I was in the wrong bed, made me climb down the bunk in the middle of the night and show them a receipt. No apologies. Happened to another girl in the room.

had to pay to luggage storage when check out. the carpet floor was dirty. other than that was all fine. You could smoke weed in the terrace.

Definitly I will never come back. The old man was pretty nice but the others staff woke me up 5 times asking about bed that someone took the wrong one, so since 1am until 9am they were still waking me up. And after many days they changed me to another bed. The location is more or less good needs to walk a little bit for the main area. The breakfast it is really bad. And no value for money, it is still expensive for do not have facilities to use!.

Annamarie is located in a very good position, if it's sunny you can take a walk in the beautiful Vondel park, if it's rainy you can visit the museums in museumplein. The staff is kind and funny, cleanliness is not excellent but acceptable, security could be better. A good stay anyway!

Not in the city centre (20 min away by tram, 40 min away from the main train station) although I did like the zone, way too expensive, dorm too small, a bit dirty and messy and without lockers, dangerous staircase. Weird shower and toilet. I liked the balcony in my dorm although it was way too big for such a small room. Average breakfast. They charge you for storing your luggage after check-out.

Honestly, for how much its cost, Annemarie is great. The location is perfect. Museumplein is visible from the hostel door, Vondelpark is a 5 minute walk away, the tram is less than 100 meters away, and since it's uptown it's much chiller than downtown. Still, this is not a fancy place by any means. The first floor has one shower for 14 people and it's more like a closet. Also, my second night they overbooked my room so a staff member came in at 3am and turned on the light, which was a awful.

This hostel is overpriced

• 31st Jul 2014

Wifi game strooonnggg!! Unfortunately we didn't go much on the price, the owner and his staff, or the atmosphere of the place. Found the staff to be quite rude to us when we were trying to check in as our whole group was not there, and wasn't even allowed to stand outside on the street. Other than that it's not too bad as far as hostels go, no lockers in rooms or in the hostel is a bit of a downer though.

• 30th Jul 2014

This hostel was by far the worst hostel I've ever stayed at and way over priced! Rooms were so small and the window was not accessible, so there was no ventilation at all. The overall facility was in poor condition and their free breakfast was coffee and sliced bread with peanut butter and jelly??? Not toast, just reg. bread. From the moment I walked in I asked to cancel my 2nd night and they refused. I paid 100 dollars for 2 nights and it was awful that I left early anyways. Don't recommend it!

In no way did I feel like a "guest" at this hostel. I was not greeted or addressed in a friendly or welcoming manner. I felt as though I was seen merely as another cash-making opportunity. Also the light in the bathroom didn't work while I was there. And no security lockers??! What kind of "hostel" is this?

Hi rose, thank you for staying with us. We always do our best to give a good service to our guests. as for the locker you told you to leave your stuff in our safe at the reception. The light has been fixed after you told us. You are welcome to come back next time, so can do more our best to meet your needs. staff hostel annemarie

Three showers and four toilets in a hostel expecting to hold 12 people per room with 12 rooms. Many of my items were moved by staff without my knowledge, and a room transfer without warning either me or the new residents. Has the appearance of being shabby and unsafe, particularly for those with a mild constitution.

Just a few minute walk from the Iamsterdam sign and about a 20 minute walk from downtown which is a perfect location if you're like me and like to walk a lot in places like Amsterdam. The staff members were super friendly and everything was clean. My only complaint is the fact that there's only one bathroom for 14 people. It wasn't a huge deal though.

• 18th Jul 2014

Had a pleasant stay at Annemarie. Very close to the museum quarter and easy to get tram 5 into the main town. Walls/doors were very thin so very easy to hear everything going on in the corridor especially at night. Could do with a spruce up and twin room was very small - had bunk beds in twin room and not really suitable for couples.

« first « Prev 1 2 3