Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Could have been cleaner, too expensive for what it is, not much going on.

Incredibly overpriced for what you get. Although the location next to Museumplein isn't too bad & the staff are very friendly. However, the rooms are small & hot. The WiFi doesn't reach some of the rooms, and the bathrooms are pretty grim. Furthermore, the vibe in the hostel isn't great. Not a single person in our room was interested in meeting new people, unfortunately. Probably the worst hostel experience I've had so far. Try and get somewhere else!

Had a great stay at this hostel. Its a tiny bit out of the centre so its nice and peaceful yet still can walk it and trams nearby. Staff were extremely kind and helpful with all problems. No lockers but any valuables you have can be left behind reception. Rooms are spacious and if you're lucky you may even get a balcony. Wifi also works throughout the hostel and outside, unlike many others that say the do. Would definitely stay here again and suggest to fellow travellers.

Right next to all the action and just the right level of scummy for that real traveller feel. The bicycles and the rooftop are both great features but I was disappointed I couldn't use the bicycles on the roof. The staff are reasonable and willing to go beyond the call of duty if you treat them well. Fun fact; this hostel is home to a slew of cats who come and laze around all the different floors of the hostel, on the breakfast table, and in the kitchen. There's no toaster or stove. Weed close.

• 22nd Jul 2015

It`s all about the location!

The hostel itself is nothing special, and I feel like was a bit over priced, even during the peak of tourist season. Quite far from the red light district, but near all the museums, and there is a street train 2 min walk that takes you to central station. Everyone I met in my dorm was awesome and I had a good time and made new friends. Much more welcoming than other hostels I've stayed at. Overall I'm happy with my stay and would probably come back.

Frenar hostel we me a lot of new people.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

I stayed one night in a room of 12. Thw room was ine and spacious. But no attached toillets and showers,which was horrible. No secure place to put ur things. The night staff was horrible. He really needs to learn some manners. Location not good either. Far from city centre. Only good thing was the price. Only recommended if you dont find any place anywhere.

The toilet was broked. The room was so small, tight! Breakfast so simple, just bread, caffee or margarine.

The rooms were so hot. No air con and it was really really hot. The bathrooms were smelly and were very disgusting to be honest. The staff was ok. Friendly. Would never stay here again because it is not worth the $140 they try to charge during the weekends... Unhappy camper here.

• 1st Jul 2015

Worst experience for my 40-day-trip to Europe. First I've booked a dorm for 6 people. Then I have to pay extra for private double room. My bed in the first night is a mess from previous guest, that means they don't even do cleaning room. I have to pay extra 100 euro for private double room for second night; yet, the price shown in hostelworld.com for that room that day is 90 euro. That makes 220 euro for suffering 2 nights in Amsterdam

Very disappointed with the quality of this hostel, especially for the price I was paying. By far the most expensive hostel I've stayed at in the 6 weeks I've been in Europe. I was crammed into a small room with 5 other people, the room was stuffy and hot, with only a skylight to bring in fresh air. The staff all seemed incredibly annoyed to have to deal with guests. Definitely would not recommend staying here.

There's no secure area to store your belongings. The bathroom was a biological hazard. When we left the hostel we thought we had sorted out our bed situation but came later on to find someone sleeping in our bed. Staff weren't that friendly on arrival. Lack of air con was big turn off, extremely hot at night. On the positive side, the bikes we rented out were great!

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

They need to do a better job of cleaning especially the floors, example mop under the bed! Also the customer service was not very friendly or helpful at all (besides the Australian). I would suggest educating the employees on attractions, restaurants, and other valuable knowledge about the city. Putting a sitting area in the back courtyard would greatly improve the atmosphere. And lastly it didn't bother me but some people would rather not have cats on the kitchen counter.

Good place to stay for a no fuss experience. Probably isn't the hostel for you if you're looking to meet people. Perhaps that is unfair as that was just my experience as my room was occupied by close friends but the common room was dead most times I went in too. Room was great as were the beds and the staff were awesome too. No complaints.

• 20th Jun 2015

Relatively cheap compared to the others. We'd like to have a kitchen, eating outside is more expensive! More social spaces will be welcomed. How in earth you don't accept credit cards? We had to pay with cash, which was very inconvenient for us. Also the breakfast (except for the friday, that one was good) was very basic, only toast :/ I would pay more for a decent breakfast.

Small bathrooms. Very basic facilities. Don't go if you want to meet people inside. But is worth the price, is cheap, good sleep, good wifi, friendly staff.

No proper kitchen just a microwave, not a great atmosphere. Rooms are small (converted hotel rooms with too many beds, no lockers. Overpriced for staying at the weekend

Excellent facilities, Friendly staff and a great nights sleep for a very good price

• 9th Jun 2015

The hostel was quite basic in some respects but made up for it in the atmosphere of the place. If you book in advance and get a good price, it's really worth the money!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5