Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The kitchen consist in a microwave and a freezer. the breakfast was very poor, and the palace was dirty! They have only 1 shared bathroom per floor, meaning 1 Wc and 1 shower per floor. But the staff were nice.

WORST & RIDICULOUS! It's not a hostel...is a jail!! Cats at the kitchen....and "kitchen"??? Just a microwave. The staff? Please leave Amsterda!!! I saw the gravy man from staff telling for a guest who was drinking yours 2th cup of coffe "DO NOT DRINK MORE COFFE, THERE ARE 30 PEOPLE HERE AND I WON'T DO MORE" with his horrible English. Man you should be working in Afegasnistan! The Sanitary Surveillance should close you! And I could NEVER RETURN EVEN FOR FREE! Dirty disgusting for any backpacker

The Hostel is not bad (good breakfast, good wi-fi network, good devices) and the price was special (EU$ 8,50 per night)!

The "kitchen" had very few appliances, storage is limited, the atmosphere of the hostel was below average. Overall it was alright for the few days I needed it, but I do not know if I would stay there again.

• 7th Jan 2016

Stay was pleasant with just stuffed rooms and no Laundry facilities ..

• 7th Jan 2016
  • India

I was very happy with this hostel. It is right next to a huge supermarket and getting to and from anywhere is easy with bus stops and tram stations writhing 2 minutes walk from the hostel. The hostel is friendly and facilities are great considering the price of the hostel. I really enjoyed my time here and recommend it to anyone. It is also a shirt tran ride straight into the city center

• 3rd Jan 2016

The man of the reception (small one, gray air) was very stupid and don't wanted to help me. Does not make the least effort to speak good English. Just want money, don't care for the hostages.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Portugal

Good hostel, small and really homie and close to the main attractions. Staff is really kind and atent.

This hostel is closely located to Museumplein and has a nearby supermarket which was great for picking up snacks. There is a microwave, kettle, tea and coffee. A simple breakfast of croissants and jam is served. There is a clear view of the security cameras from the reception. Unfortunately lockers are not available to rent throughout the stay and the hostel doesn't have a storage room. The staff's view was that items would be safe in the room. If you're cautious you can hand - continue

• 13th Dec 2015

Good staff, good price. It could be more clean in the kitchen.

Location is amazing, stuff was verry nice and helpful. It's a good value for money, it's clean and tidy. Maybe the breakfast was a bit dull but anyway I had good time and when I'll come back to Amsterdam I will definitely stay in Annemarie again.

• 10th Dec 2015
  • Slovenia

The hostel it's very very good ! I recommend

Worst hostel ever! Poor descriptions on the website - the ‘kitchen’ consists of a tiny microwave, a sink, a fridge and some dirty cupboards. Security issues letting drunk people in at 3am. A drunk man urinated on our friend at 4am and the management did nothing to help and were inexplicably rude and unhelpful. We were made to feel like it was our fault and refused to talk to us. This hostel is very willing to take your money but is NOT willing to help you if something goes wrong. Do not go here.

• 8th Dec 2015

I want to cancel my resevation because my program changed.I sent a e-mail to hostel but they didn't answer me.So ı didn't like this hostel and hostelworld organisation.

I hate to write a negative review but the guy at the reception was drunk and high. He said it was my fault because i arrived too late (midnight), then showed me to the room, my key didnt function but his did... I had to leave and stay in the train station during the night, didnt feel safe there :/ Apart from that the hostel seemed nice! Just hope they found another receptionist or he understood you can drink and smoke as long as you're still able to speak and walk properly!

• 19th Nov 2015

My 2nd stay here and i absolutely love it. The staff were very helpful and informative, this one Italian guy in particular. The bed was super comfy, toilet was okay not too shabby. The only thing i didnt like were the price hikes during weekends and the breakfast (bread and jam only). All in all, would definitely stop by here again if im ever in the vicinity.

The location is good, staff kind and the bed itself clean - but those are the only advantages :/ Everything else is rather old and dirty, kitchen is terrible (with a nice cat eating with you, though;), no cooking plates nor pots, no space to eat. Breakfast rather 'symbolic.'

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Belgium

Central enough location- biggest problem would be the lack of lockers in the room to secure your property. Only having wall sockets in the one place meant you had to leave your phone on charge on the middle of the room during the night. Very friendly staff and someone on call 24/7 to help.

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Scotland

Very clean and well presented hostel. Very friendly staff. Only downside was the showers were small with little to no hooks etc. Hard to keep clothes dry.

• 9th Nov 2015

Adorei o hostel, estou muito satisfeita com os serviços, indico e recomendo o Hostel Annemarie

« first « Prev 1 2 3