Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Pretty terrible. Breakfast was just bread and jam (seriously just buy a toaster). Bathrooms were pretty filthy and the kitchen was a microwave. Staff were fine. No real place to hill except the lobby which is a bit weird.

Veryy good hostel, simple and clen. Wi-fi and a small common area. Really good for travellers that want to be relaxed and chill while traveling.

• 30th Oct 2015

Not a very nice place and very expensive for Halloween but the staff was very helpful and accommodating.

They were very friendly and very helpful in letting us store our luggage and getting us to the room. The room had excellent heating but it smelled a little bit when we entered but I think that was an issue of the 12 person bedroom. They were very good about changing the sheets and cleaning the rooms. I thought it was a little strange to have a shower in the cubby right by the kitchen it was a little uncomfortable to shower there without getting clothes wet etc. Overall good experience.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Good place overall, I'm in Bruges hungover so this'll be short. No sink in bathrooms out of your room. Vertical so it's a trek up some steps to the rooms. But the pictures and feel is nice and the staff even nicer.

Get propper chitchen things, like a pot and stuff to fri things in. Clean the roomes some time. Have some lockers. Get some propper brekirst. Don't stress arounde doing stuff in the lobby while we are eating.

Great stay.

• 12th Oct 2015

Bathroom and room were pretty disgusting. Saw a tick in our room and we all woke up with flea bites all over us. Staff was super friendly and downstairs area was nice and location were great. Way overly priced for such a gross room.

The Hostel was overall very dirty - both the rooms, the hall, the common room but especially the bathroom. The bathrooms and showers haven't been cleaned in a long time. The place is terribly overpriced, but I guess they get away with it for being one of the few available hostels on shorter notice. The staff were nice though. The room was tiny - yet a decent place to sleep. The bedding were really dirty and had definitely not been cleaned, neither had the trashcan been emptied.

Honestly, just the worst hostel I've stayed at. My sheets were dirty when I arrived, cats living in the hostel at night and it smelling like cat pee. The room got cleaned only once and it was the last day out of 5 nights that I was there. The only good thing is the location. I will never recommend this place to anyone. Ever. Especially for what I payed. Just awful.

The staff was very kind and helpful. We had a great stay, no curfew and nothing bad to say really. Only negative is that you cant bring food to your room. The trams stop right outside of the concert hall next to the hostel. It was not a long walk to centre of amsterdam either.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Every time I returned I saw a new member of staff who just allowed me to walk in without question. The facilities aren't great, microwave is situated to high where you have to lift hot items from above your head down, this is seriously dangerous.Lack of forks was an issue, plenty of knives zero forks available.The showers were incredibly cramped with no shelves to place items whilst you were in the shower. There is no 'quiet times' people talk loudly in the corridors unchallenged waking everyone

• 4th Oct 2015

I cancelled my reservation here. It was so dirty with mold on the walls and nasty marks on the carpet.steep stairs that made it hard to bring my bags and no one helped me. No locker they said I could leave my stuff with the front desk guy...no thank you. Oh,and a random cat walking around I have allergies. I didn't feel comfortable in the room I was in and they couldn't refund me any of my money or accommodate me in any way. cleaning man was flirting with me and asking which was my room #!!!

In one word: dirty.

Went with a group of 6. All exchange students from America and Canada. Everything in Amsterdam is expensive so don't be scared off by price. The beds were clean and comfortable as were the bathrooms and we had a good time having breakfast (pb&j bread) and drinking in the common area. Felt safe leaving our things there and they also have a shed you can lock things in the day you check out if you want to come back for it before you leave. Overall great experience and right by the tram line.

We moved to this hostel to have some privacy. a private room cost 150 euros a night. This was a great increase from other privates we've enjoyed in other cities. I understand weekends are more expensive but this seemed excessive for bunk beds and a sink. That said, the hostel was clean, staff congenial and helpful, other guests friendly, location excellent and so it was overall a great experience. Would have loved to rent bikes for a day and tried to navigate among the Amsterdamers.

Do NOT stay here! The staff was poor, it smelled and was hot and very unsafe. I should have trusted the reviews. Do. Not. Stay. Here.

• 29th Sep 2015

Great friendly staff, comfy beds and a good location. Not too far from the city, walked it daily. Definitely recommend!

• 27th Sep 2015

Perfect location for anyone staying in Amsterdam. No lockers, not great security.

so bad, terrible