Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very good location, bathrooms not so clean, but overall a good hostel. Its good for a few days.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Chile

I had a depression once I got into this hostel. The facilities such as the toilet and bathroom are very old and not so clean. The room smell really really bad as there is only a window that cannot be opened. There are no lockers or private area in the mixed dorm. The only thing that is nice about this hostel is that they have fast and consistent wifi.

Located right near the museums and the 'i amsterdam' letters, it is overall a good hostel but no lockers or proper security. Another down side are the ensuite toilets - very small and the shower and toilet are not separated, meaning of someone else in the room is showering you have to wait to use the toilet. Free breakfast is average and staff are friendly enough.

From reading reviews on Hostel Annemarie I wasn't too sure what to expect! However, I was pleasantly surprised! I had a very good trip. Yes, it is a bit dated! But value for money you really can't complain. The staff were very helpful, especially on things like giving directions and genuinely made the stay better. I would definitely recommend the hostel to friends! The location is good, me and friend walked most places from the hostel which were all easily accessible. Thank you!

my stay at annemarie was very good nice staff said and the other are always helping and kind, the albert cuip market is awesome typical amsterdam.

• 16th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Annemarie was my home away from home. I had stayed at a few hostles and this one was very clean and well maintained! The best part for me was the great price and location. Its located on just the edge of all the action. It was quite! Which is great for that early morning hangover. They had some free food in the morning it was an epic suprise. If you are traveling and want somewhere safe and clean to stay but don't want to waste your party money STAY HERE! Have fun in Amsterdam!!

I read a few reviews about this hostel before I went to stay, so I was apprehensive about what I was getting for my £6 odd a night.. But actually, it was fine. Staff were very helpful. There's a small communal area in the reception of the hostel, but nobody really goes there and there isn't any atmosphere... I was able to store smaller items with reception but no lockers available.. Also, only two showers in the whole hostel..?! But. Value for money as a safe place to sleep - fantastic.

• 15th Dec 2013

Very nice building. Elegant air in the heart of the cultural epicenter that Museumpleine offers. Great conversation with museum-goers in the lobby, placid atmosphere maintained by employees. A pleasure to stay there. Keep up the interesting facts guys! Great access to the opulent outdoor park of Museumpleine, and all the mind-blowing museums in the area are a great indicator of the level of planning which goes into Amsterdam's artistic and architectural creations. Lovely.

Great place to stay i was safe and warm. My only complaint is that the breakfast was only toast jam peanutbutter and butter. For the price i would stay again for sure. Worth checking out if you are on a budget

Welcoming young staff. The location of the hostel in the city center really makes it easy to see tourist attractions, everything is so close, even the train station. Bed was comfortable and the people in the room were cool! really enjoyed my time there and now I definitely know where to go next time.

Good value hostel. Most Staff are friendly. Can be quite a busy hostel at times. Well equipped kitchen. Small spaces for toilet and bathroom downstairs but totally manageable. Door in the 10 bed dorm can be annoying as it beeps when people open it which can frustrate sleepers. But we enjoyed our stay here.

AN excellent hostel very close to most of the major cultural attractions of Amsterdam. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean, tidy with everything I could have wished for except lockers but I'm sure they would have looked after any valuables had I asked. Also excellent transport connections for seeing the rest of Amsterdam. Cheers Said.

• 3rd Dec 2013

No facilities. No clean romms. High prices.

• 17th Nov 2013

Thank you for your booking! But the thing what you say is not correct. We have hard working housekeeper who cleans the rooms every day and the price was different because you booked for a wrong date and price is different during the weekend everywhere in Amsterdam. You talk about we don't have facilities - We have kitchen facilities, free WiFi in the rooms, breakfast included, 24h reception, free maps. We hope to see you again next time. Thank you, stuff Hostel Annemarie

only the shower far away but the facilities are excellent the kichen facilities are complete and i can prepare hot food this is the first time for me in amsterdam to have hot meal in the hotel

I would recommend this place to everyone. I stayed in a 8-bed dorm. Possible improvements: - separate the toilet from the shower (everything becomes wet otherwise), a plastic door would suffice. - please accept mastercards or the like ... we live in the 21st century!!! - my elevated bed was installed wrongly: its fence was turned to the wall instead of to the room.

Nice location if you're looking for culture rather than the thrills of the red light district. Quiet. Across street from great museums. Near Vondelpark. Near the big market up there on Albert something street. Very quiet and safe neighborhood. Limited shopping and dining opportunities. Nothing to do at night. No security lockers at all, and that sucks. "Security" is putting your laptop behind the check in desk, not even behind locked doors. Unacceptable.

Very nice place! I would like to thank the Staff that night I forgot his name, he's from Greece! Super nice and even helped us carry our bags!!! Very clean and well kept place! Also is it possible to add in directions tab: You can take a bus from/to the airport!!! Much easier, faster, cheaper! Monica from Mexico!

It was my second stay at the hostel. Well... great as always, staff was excellent and nice facilities. Price is also what makes the hostel a nice option, walking distance within all major spots you have to check. Great hostel and will definitely come back again.

The breakfast included was a really good for the price you paid. The only thing is they dont have lockers but besides that everything was ok. The bathrooms were cleaned and perfect to have one in every room.

• 21st Oct 2013