Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This was one of the worst hostels we lived in on our trip, and it was also the most expensive. The rooms were way to small and the bathrooms were a nightmare. You can walk to the city center, but it´s very not central. The best thing was the staff, they were helpful and nice.

location was good ! the staff were really rude and short with all the guests and they said kitchen but there was a microwave that didnt work very well. breakfast consisted of stale bread and jam. wouldnt go back !

The staff were friendly enough but not always that helpful. The property on arrival wasn't very tidy lack of space in the 12 bed dorm however it improved slightly with less people over the stay. One toilet wasn't that great for 12 people also was outside the dorm. No ladders for too bunks and it didn't help being in a seperate bunk to my friend I was travelling with. Also a lack of plugs on only one main light which made things awkward when people were sleeping. However the fridge was handy.

One of the smallest bathrooms I've seen in a hostel. There was no curtain or door on the shower, so the entire bathroom was always really wet. Location is great, very close to Vondelpark.

I fell great! Very nice receptionist, warm acceptance, and nice atmosfere with visitors!

Owner was a very nice guy! But you can't cook in the kitchen! I hate it when hostels advertise use of kitchen when it's only a microwave and refrigerator

The location is great but the hostel looks nothing like the photos, the rooms were tiny and for the price on a weekend it was ridiculous. there lobby is tiny and the paint needs to be re-done the beds are flimsy the bed covers need to be replaced. However the location is great in a nice area walking distance from everthing

• 6th Jun 2014

I've stayed in many hostel all over the world and hostel annemarie is by far the nicest, cleanest and spacious hostel I have ever stayed We were there just for a night but it was enough to appreciate the hostel. Located centrally with all possible facilities, the hostel is great. Enjoyed soo much thanks guys see you next time definitetely reccomende!!!!!!!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Hostel Annemarie is amazing the staff is very kind and always helpfull the hostel is central located and on the museum square the do have free wifi aswell.

• 5th Jun 2014

Well, actually the stay was alright... but being nine people we had to do a group booking and pay one extra bed to get a room. Nevertheless, our group was split up in two different rooms. As we arrived late and there was already somebody sleeping in the rooms the arrival wasn´t as smooth as expected. And why did we have to pay an extra bed if we didn´t get our room in the end? The manager was quite friendly when discussing the problem with him but didn´t see the problem...

Location is strategic. Internet connection sometimes has problem

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

The personnel staf are very friendly and kind, I found their advices usefult about travelling through Amsterdam. The linens in my room, it was 4 beds room, were clean. The air circulation system was poor, there was only a small window. internet accession and wifi connection were quite sufficient.

Smelled of cat urine. No lockers. No fun.

• 13th May 2014

Too expensive and nothing special offered.

A SHAME! We were there four days, from 1 to 4 May, in a room for 8 people. We call this place "The jail". Dirty, not clean anything, the bathroom just awful!, Poorly designed. A maximum room for 2 people, made ​​it a 8, impossible! Breakfast is worse than jail, in plastic cups, with no room for so many people. VERY EXPENSIVE! We were charged 50 euros per person per day if the price they should be 12 euros maximum. The stay there was torture. Do not go, GO TO THIS HOSTEL.

So many problems with this hostel! So to start, when we arrived, the receptionist told us that the reservation wasn't valid, so we had to pay more 100euros that the initial value. We only that there because others hostel were full... Then only 1 toilet for a bedroom with 12 persons; At 10 o'clock, the cleaning staff literary invaded the bedroom, without knocking, to "clean"... and nobody told us that this gonna happen...; the breakfast was so poor!! Only bread with jam or butter, coffee or tea..

No Security lockers. Dorm so dirty/dusty I had to get a dust pan And brush to clean the floor because I didn't want my bags getting dusty under the bed. . Good computers available. To many rules make the place feel weird and childish.

i read the comments before going and i was not confident, but what a surprise it was very clean and quiet the street is nothing difficile to find and quiet sure!!!nearby a supermarket it s easy to do shopping the staff was nice so feel confident to go there

The dude at the reception is awesome and super nice!

I've never given a hostel a bad review, yet again I've never stayed at a hostel this horrible. No lockers, no bathroom, no service, the owner is arguably the worst person I've ever met, and you can't store your luggage. Go else where.

• 18th Apr 2014