Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Amsterdam is generally expensive, but this was through the roof, and for a very mediocre hostel. Rooms were very small (had to constantly shift luggage around to open the door), very limited bathrooms, hardly any power outlets, no atmosphere in the common room, poor wifi and a fair commute to get to the more visited parts of Amsterdam. The staff were friendly though and quite helpful, but otherwise I wouldn't stay here again.

Great service and breakfast and wifi was free which made the stay very enjoyable. The staff was very helpfull with recommendations during the trip. I highly recommend speaking with Mr. Sayed once you arrive, very nice and very insightfull.

• 19th May 2015

Stay at Hotel Annemarie was amazing. Sayed is very friendly and works hard to make everyones' stay as enjoyable as possible. Location is really good, right in the centre of town. Room was very comfortable. It was nice having kitchen facilities to make meals and there is a very social atmosphere. 10/10

• 18th May 2015

Hi TEAM, It was a very nice stay with a very nice staff! :) I can not ask anything else from a Hostel. Thank you very much, Kindest regards,

I had a horrible experience with this hostel. I did not come there, although I paid the 180euros for a three night stay in a big dorm all by myself!! I called the just on the cusp when their 72 hours cancellation started to tell them that there had been a mistake in my reservation and that I would like to change it to a more resonable stay starting sunday (my reservation included friday and saturday and was way!! too expensive for me). The receptionist "did not find my booking"and I forwarded to

Unfriendly staff .. there aren t boxes where you can leave your stuff in the room !

They do not provide lockers to store backpacks. Also it is cash only, so we had to make a trip to the ATM to get enough out to pay. Breakfast was luckily free, since they only had a loaf of bread and some butter sitting on the tables. Also there was a whole bunch of stuff on one of the beds that was assigned to us when we first went to the room. There was some type of construction going on at the hostel when we stayed and they only started at midnight which made it really hard to sleep.

We stayed at Annemarie hostel for 2 nights. The location is 15min walk from city center, and near Museumpark, which was very nice. The hostel was clean in general, staff very friendly and helpful.

the location was great! right next to all the museum, super market and close to lots of park. The building has lots of charter and every one staying there was quiet cool. There's a cheap bike rental right in the hostel which is handy. I found it to beat most other prices by about 3 euro. Rooms where nice and clean friendly staff great location

• 12th May 2015

The location is the best thing about this hotel. Its right in front of museum plein & a grocery store. There is always tea and coffee. We had a room with a beautiful view and a sink. But another without any windows on the walls, only one on the ceiling which was much less spacious. Also, the bathrooms were not very clean. The kitchen was fine. Not much space and a small fridge. But a microwave, a water boiler, plates and utensils. No lockers in the rooms!!

Decent value. The staff was very friendly, warm, welcoming and helpful. A small orientation to the hostel upon checking in would be helpful for new guests. It is annoying to have to book a minimum 2 night stay in Amsterdam when accommodation is only required for 1 night. As a 30-year old, I felt on the older side of the crowd. The 'quieter' time from >22:00 was not enforced unfortunately.

Really like this hostel, apart from the guy that checked me in he was not really that welcoming, made it all feel abit awkward, the other staff member where great super helpful. It's also close the tram line that can take you right in to Centraal Station and all the tourist destinations

Overall, it was not a bad place, just average. The room was not very clean and it was about 20 minutes to walk into the city centre

Terrible toilets and bad breakfest. The location is great but the price is way too high for what it really is!

This hostel was super duper cramped

When we arrived the hotel manager was arguing with a customer as he had gotten some bed bug bites. 5 minutes later another couple of customers were arguing as he tried to charge them more for late check out (without prior notification). While our stay wasn't as bad.. it's in a quieter part of the city, we did get some sketchy vibes from the owner that he was a scammer. They attempted to not give us back both our deposits when we checked out and denied we both paid. Shower head was broken.

It was an ok hostel - I've definitely stayed at better hostels for far less. I'm not sure why the price for the weekend was hiked up by so much. Maybe it was because of the tulip season. The staff were friendly and the location was good, but the toilets were not very clean. Also the beds creaked pretty loudly.

they have a nice location close to the supermarket and they have a small kitchen with an microwave and a fridge where you can keep you food and nice tables at the lobby where you can eat. you`ll find the hostel just behind museumplein and van gogh museum, there are trams and bus stops just half a block away. you can also rent bikes at the hostel, the staff is helpfull and give great advices, breakfast is avaiable from 8am to 9.30am, with bread, peanut butter, butter, jam, coffee, tea and milk.

• 24th Apr 2015

Great location. Poor breakfast.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Ukraine

Like it. Nice people and well located