Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel was quite basic in some respects but made up for it in the atmosphere of the place. If you book in advance and get a good price, it's really worth the money!

I wanted to stay one more night, but the cost of a 6-shared dorm was 70 Euros/person for the next night (Friday)! And that was the cheapest accommodation available. Not at all value for money on weekends.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • India

Location is alright, a bit far outside central Amsterdam. Definitely worth staying if your on a budget

No private boxes/cages to secure bags. Toilet/shower was extremely cramped and got dirty very quickly.

Just the bare minimum, good to stay in for a couple nights, but wouldn't go longer than that. Very limited amount of outlets for a 12 person room. Walkable to city center, microwave and fridge available, WiFi good. 3 hostel cats with no mention of before so avoid if you have allergies.

Expensive for what it was, but I think that's the general feel of Amsterdam. Kitchen consist of microwave, kettle and fridge. Free breakfast is bread with peanut butter and jam. The common room is way too small of the ammount of people there. Poor atmosphere but everyone staying there was friendly and trying to do their best to meet people. Rowdy and more expensive on weekends as you would expect. Bunks have no ladders.

Absolute WORST experience in my travels - EVER. Made an error in my booking (two weeks in advance) and emailed the staff immediately and sent many follow-ups before the day of my arrival. No response. When checking in, my booking had already been cancelled and my card had been charged. The male receptionist yelled at Me for not showing up (which was explained in the emails), and tried charging a new €80 for my original €15 bed. He mocked my accent and called me a "Stupid American" on my way out.

They charge me eight more euros without explain me why. There is only two plugs for a whole dormitory of twelve people and there is no locker in the dorms.. I had a bad stay in this hostel. During my first night, people were coming back in the middle of the night, turning on the light and were talking for hours. It was impossible to sleep. Go in another hostel even if it's more expensive.

You get what you pay for here, at least during the week. It was cheap, and there was nothing really wrong with it, though lockers would have been appreciated, as would be a less-disappointing breakfast and facilities that were a little better. Otherwise, not bad. The location was very nice.

We were a group of 5 staying in a 10 person dorm. We loved the location (next to all the museums and the 5 tram). The hostel gave only one key to the group so we had to stay together when we came back. There was also no lockers which surprised us.

• 29th May 2015

It was terrible. I sleep better in my car!

• 29th May 2015
  • Belgium

Staff was friendly and helpful!! The location is super close to museums and on a main tram line to get to downtown. We got a private room one night and a shared the next to save money and they let us just slide ride into the next room. Great place and helpful staff.

It's a really nice hostel. It's good to find and if you're interested in museums, the location couldn't be better, it's close to Amsterdam's important museums. It's only a short walk to the city center and main station. Staff was super nice and helpful, atmosphere was good and the room was not too crowded even though it was full. You can use the computers for free and there is a small breakfast. Only negative thing is that there were not enough toilets and showers and they were not very clean.

This hostel is OK If you looking for a museums. otherwise I don't recommend it if you looking for atmosphere.

Nice place...kind of tight in a large dorm, but linens were nice and beds decent. Only one very small bathroom...no ventilation. Close to all the museums and short walk to other sites worth seeing. Very friendly staff. Lots of stray cats in the building? Watch out if you are allergic. No lockers provided or available anywhere in hostel except small little boxes for a passport.

Amsterdam is generally expensive, but this was through the roof, and for a very mediocre hostel. Rooms were very small (had to constantly shift luggage around to open the door), very limited bathrooms, hardly any power outlets, no atmosphere in the common room, poor wifi and a fair commute to get to the more visited parts of Amsterdam. The staff were friendly though and quite helpful, but otherwise I wouldn't stay here again.

Great service and breakfast and wifi was free which made the stay very enjoyable. The staff was very helpfull with recommendations during the trip. I highly recommend speaking with Mr. Sayed once you arrive, very nice and very insightfull.

• 19th May 2015

Stay at Hotel Annemarie was amazing. Sayed is very friendly and works hard to make everyones' stay as enjoyable as possible. Location is really good, right in the centre of town. Room was very comfortable. It was nice having kitchen facilities to make meals and there is a very social atmosphere. 10/10

• 18th May 2015

Hi TEAM, It was a very nice stay with a very nice staff! :) I can not ask anything else from a Hostel. Thank you very much, Kindest regards,

I had a horrible experience with this hostel. I did not come there, although I paid the 180euros for a three night stay in a big dorm all by myself!! I called the just on the cusp when their 72 hours cancellation started to tell them that there had been a mistake in my reservation and that I would like to change it to a more resonable stay starting sunday (my reservation included friday and saturday and was way!! too expensive for me). The receptionist "did not find my booking"and I forwarded to