Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff were lovely and very helpful. Beds were comfortable and location was great. Really good for the price

Staff was very rude. They kept coming in and waking everyone up in the morning one hour before check out. They walk in all the time and have no respect for your personal belongings. They scolded us for trying to bring food or water upstairs. I would not stay here again.

We had a great stay, the 12 bedroom dorm was big, comfortable beds and the location is amazing. Free breakfast and coffee. Would defiantly visit again :)

I have never encountered anybody in the Netherlands giving rasict comments but at hostel Anne Marie it was strange. I was reminded that this place is Holland in Europe and not a country like India or Pakistan where people are conservative. I really do not appreciate such a gesture.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • India

Hello and thanks you for the review. We are very disappointing with the comment, we are work with staff from different nationality, Our staff try to ensure all patrons receive a good atmosphere during their stay We are very sorry about the experience that you had and I would like to apologies fore the inconvenience ,We always working very hard to improve the hostel within the best service. Take care and we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

They kicked us out exactly 18 minutes after we checked out while we were using the computer in the lobby and they did not even let us use the kitchen after 10 pm and some of the hostel staff were extremely rude people.

I had an awesome trip. Thanks to all of the staff who were very helpful and approachable.

- No lockers - Kitchen only had a microwave - Charge you to store bags for day - Cheap

I really liked the manager but the rest was average. 1 WC/shower for 12+ persons, 1 AC outlet for the dorm and no ladder/stairs for the upper bed. At 09:59 they came "remind" us the check out (10:00) and we could leave luggage for 3€... Breakfast was ok. The area was fine with the museums and the tram station right in front but prefer another map than the hostel's. All in all, I would stay there again!

Staff aren't overly welcoming but not mean. Downstairs shower is impossible. No where to get changed as its just the shower cubical. Free computers

My Stay at Hostel Annemarie was perfect the staf is realy nice and helpfull, the do have bikes fore rent thats amazing to discover amsterdam. The hostel is nice located close to everything.

• 12th Feb 2015

excellent stay thé location is ultimate, thé staff is awesome. See you next time definitely???

• 11th Feb 2015
  • India

I really liked the area the hostel was in, it wasnt right in the center but very easy to get to. staff were very welcoming. breakfast is included but all you get is bread jam and peanut butter. the kitchen isnt really a kitchen, only a sink, microwave and some dishes. theres also two cats that just come and go, i woke up to it on my bed one night so if you dont like cats like me then this might not be the right place for you.

Unfriendly staff shouting loudly into their mobiles not a cool Dutchman in sight paid for 2 nights stayed only one left as soon as I woke up.

Fine hostel. Showers were somewhat dirty, and for the price I would have expected a bit more, but honestly I really enjoyed this place. Cool atmosphere, very nice and helpful staff.

Decent hostel. Very strict on rules which I guess is understandable since it is Amsterdam. Cloae to a lot of museums if you are into museums. Good wifi. Staff was sometimes really nice and other times really unattentive. Overall I had a good time.

Awesome hostel and great location, your in the middle in the museum square and the I Amsterdam Sign, The staff were super friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable.

• 29th Jan 2015

I loved this place, very, very nice, nothing negative to say?

• 29th Jan 2015

Was a very pleasant stay! Staffs great, comfortable/homey atmosphere- bathrooms are a little sparse and the downstairs shower is a literal closet, but overall no complaints! Maybe more outlets in the rooms would be nice. Also, you should get a toaster for breakfast!

The breakfast is a little poor, but the price compensates. There are no lockers in the room, you have to Let your Stuff in the reception ir you wanna secure something. But the localization is great, it's near almost everything!

This hostel was alright, but the staff and the safety were not very good. The rooms were not very nice, which I expected, but there were no lockers or safety features at all, making me feel very uncomfortable leaving my belongings there. Also the staff was very unhelpful when I lost my phone behind the radiator in my room, and ultimately I had to leave my phone there. Also, the complimentary breakfast is simply a loaf of bread and some butter and jam. You can find a better hostel than this.

• 24th Jan 2015