Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Downsides 1 no lockers 2 no real kitchen 3 sketchy showers 4 cats in the hostels, not so good for people with allergies Upsides 1 nice supermarket nearby 2 walking distance to most things

the hostel is located near many places of interest, clean rooms and friendly staff, definitely go back to them

Hostel staff could be more friendly and less scary.

The hostel was reasonably priced for the location. However, during the night, we heard a rustling on the floor and there was a mouse that was trying to chew through one of our bags to get to a block of cheese that was bought that day. The manager then refused to acknowledge the existence of the mouse as we had no proof (we had thrown the cheese out through the night to avoid the mouse coming back). VERY POOR SERVICE.

• 28th Mar 2014

Very good ambience, really nice room and beds.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Uruguay

I would highly recommend Annemarie , i really enjoyed my stay . The staff were always friendly, polite and helpful to their knowledge. Although the building was old it was always spotless clean. The location was in a nice quiet area of Amsterdam which was perfect but everything you needed was either a short walk or tram ride away. The manager/owner always tried to cater for all guests needs. My only criticism would be advertised kitchen but a kettle and microwave is not a kitchen.

The place is nice and clean and the service good. I suggest.

• 23rd Mar 2014

The staff was very willing to give directions and help but it was really annoying when I checked out and gave my room card and was denied my 10 euro deposit for the card.One of the hostelers took my card down in his desk for a while and later showed me a broken card and accused me of misuse saying that "you carried it in your pockets" and added that it was common among the travelers.He gave in really fast when I stated it was a lie.Other than that it was quite clean and friendly.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Greece

Hostel needs more then one toilet and shower per floor, rushed through the breakfast because the room isn't big enough for more then 10 people and when you check out watch out for the broken card trick and kiss your card bond goodbye!

Stayed here for 3 nights (1night in 4 bed room and 2 night in 8 bed room) with my group.4 bed is quite small, 8 bed room is quite spacious and had a nice balcony. Smoking is not allowed.Room was clean but the bathroom was not very tidy. There's wifi.Shared kitchen can be used from 10to10 but they allowed us to use it till 11 as we came late. Kitchen has all utilities. Breakfast is served from 8-9:30 bread/jam/butter/tea/coffee. Staff quite friendly&helpful. Over all its worth it fr the price.

• 2nd Mar 2014

the best value for money in amsterdam, clean, with friendly and nice staff. The location is very good and you can also use a well-stocked kitchen. Strongly recommended

The room and bathroom were not very clean. The room smelt like cat urine and there was a mouse that was crawling through our bags.

• 21st Feb 2014