Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The personnel staf are very friendly and kind, I found their advices usefult about travelling through Amsterdam. The linens in my room, it was 4 beds room, were clean. The air circulation system was poor, there was only a small window. internet accession and wifi connection were quite sufficient.

Smelled of cat urine. No lockers. No fun.

• 13th May 2014

Too expensive and nothing special offered.

A SHAME! We were there four days, from 1 to 4 May, in a room for 8 people. We call this place "The jail". Dirty, not clean anything, the bathroom just awful!, Poorly designed. A maximum room for 2 people, made ​​it a 8, impossible! Breakfast is worse than jail, in plastic cups, with no room for so many people. VERY EXPENSIVE! We were charged 50 euros per person per day if the price they should be 12 euros maximum. The stay there was torture. Do not go, GO TO THIS HOSTEL.

So many problems with this hostel! So to start, when we arrived, the receptionist told us that the reservation wasn't valid, so we had to pay more 100euros that the initial value. We only that there because others hostel were full... Then only 1 toilet for a bedroom with 12 persons; At 10 o'clock, the cleaning staff literary invaded the bedroom, without knocking, to "clean"... and nobody told us that this gonna happen...; the breakfast was so poor!! Only bread with jam or butter, coffee or tea..

No Security lockers. Dorm so dirty/dusty I had to get a dust pan And brush to clean the floor because I didn't want my bags getting dusty under the bed. . Good computers available. To many rules make the place feel weird and childish.

i read the comments before going and i was not confident, but what a surprise it was very clean and quiet the street is nothing difficile to find and quiet sure!!!nearby a supermarket it s easy to do shopping the staff was nice so feel confident to go there

The dude at the reception is awesome and super nice!

I've never given a hostel a bad review, yet again I've never stayed at a hostel this horrible. No lockers, no bathroom, no service, the owner is arguably the worst person I've ever met, and you can't store your luggage. Go else where.

• 18th Apr 2014

The owner of this hostel has no hospitality skills, he is rude, overbearing and just not a pleasant person. The young people that work there are very sweet, especially the South African guy. This is a good place to sleep and leave right afterwards. Final thought: Functional, just not very pleasant

• 16th Apr 2014

The location is superb. Value for money is a bit poor, quite old rooms, only one toilet and one shower per floor. Friendlyness of the staff can be way better.

Hostel is clean and tidy. The bathroom and the bed also clean and comfortable. But not every bed has electric socket that can't charge my phone easily. But the hostel closer main station is very convenience for tourists. The staffs are very nice and polite to help every guest. But the price is very expensive during weekend.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Downsides 1 no lockers 2 no real kitchen 3 sketchy showers 4 cats in the hostels, not so good for people with allergies Upsides 1 nice supermarket nearby 2 walking distance to most things

the hostel is located near many places of interest, clean rooms and friendly staff, definitely go back to them

Hostel staff could be more friendly and less scary.

The hostel was reasonably priced for the location. However, during the night, we heard a rustling on the floor and there was a mouse that was trying to chew through one of our bags to get to a block of cheese that was bought that day. The manager then refused to acknowledge the existence of the mouse as we had no proof (we had thrown the cheese out through the night to avoid the mouse coming back). VERY POOR SERVICE.

• 28th Mar 2014

Very good ambience, really nice room and beds.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Uruguay

I would highly recommend Annemarie , i really enjoyed my stay . The staff were always friendly, polite and helpful to their knowledge. Although the building was old it was always spotless clean. The location was in a nice quiet area of Amsterdam which was perfect but everything you needed was either a short walk or tram ride away. The manager/owner always tried to cater for all guests needs. My only criticism would be advertised kitchen but a kettle and microwave is not a kitchen.

The place is nice and clean and the service good. I suggest.

• 23rd Mar 2014