Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

so bad, terrible

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Turkey

I was not able to make my trip to Amerstdam and contacted the Hostel 24 hours before my departure and they still charged me the whole rate. Very upset. And they are assisting in returning me my money.

• 23rd Sep 2015

Fantastic hostel with very friendly helpful staff, very clean and tidy, free pc for customers to use, really made my stay in Amsterdam even better!

• 14th Sep 2015

The Annemarie hostel was a surprisingly a lot better than expected. Although many reviews had said their hostel was a bit of an upset, I believe the Annemarie has made a major turn around. The hostel works very hard to make each person's stay as comfortable and safe as possible. The staff is very helpful and the hostel itself is very laid back and comfy. In addition to that, it's very close to the Van Gogh museum, Anne Frank house, Concert Hall. Free wi-fi and a kitchen, I'd strongly suggest it.

Very nice hostel! Good location very near the centrum, you have the museum square very close. Hostel has everything, wifi, breakfast, kitchen and nice bikes for rent. Also very clean and organized, very confortable bed. Staff is very nice, you'll feel at home, they are very helpfull.

This place is TERRIBLE. It's a complete dump. Dirty bathrooms, the light didn't even work in the one in my room. Only about 4 power outlets in an 8 bedroom room, and there are no ladders to get to the 2nd bunk. Atmosphere is horrible, and the staff is very strict about you being gone by 10 am. Oh and did I mention there are CATS living there?? Found one sleeping on the kitchen shelves...not very sanitary. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• 9th Sep 2015

the best thing about this hostel was its location, it was perfect you will find it right away very easily we had 12 beds in one room which was kind of crowdy, but it is ok if u're looking for a place to crash during the night one thing I didn't like is that there was no locker for u to put your things, so you just put them beside you on the bed

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Egypt

Great location on the "nicer part of town" next to museums and shopping centers.

The hostel is in an old poorlooking building. The walls and furniture is badly maintained, they havent been painted in a long time. Bad design. One bathroom that can be used only by one person for the whole floor with several bedrooms. In the room they have only one plug in socket that is located so high on the wall that you cannot even charge your phone if your cable is not long enough. Fortunately the staff is friendly and I left my phone downstaris in the reception to charge.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Romania

Staff could be a bit more helpful.

It was the worth hostel I've been. It's dirty. The toilet and shower are terrible. The breakfast finishes fast and its not served again. So if you are not the first 10 people to eat, good luck, there is no more breakfast for you. You can't leave your luggage there if you need after chek out. to leave there you need to pay 3€ and the maximum to take it is 6 pm. Only the staff that speaks Italian is good. The others are really rude. Terrible is always that I have to say about this hostel.

Very dirty bedrooms, terrible bathrooms, almost no common areas, extremely overpriced for the overall quality of the hostel

1 2 3 Next » last »