Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Brilliant time there met some lovely people staff was so friendly and helpful the beds were clean and warm showers in room so better for you and so close to everything in amsterdam with all the trams just outside this is the place to be and said the guy that work´s there he was so helpful and litrelly could not do any more for me really made my stay much more enjoyable will be going back asap

Very strange toilet which didn't flush normally. The bathroom is awfully small. In a room with 10 beds there were only three power sockets visible and one of them was in the side of the door, almost unusable, but the staff said there were four (still very few to so many beds). Very simple breakfast, just bread, peanut butter and jam, coffee and milk. No bar inside the hostel.

all was well until I returned at night to find 3 people in the room. We booked the hostel for 3 people however they had made an error and only booked 1 person. me and my friend slept on 1 bed and were rudely awoken by the manager. He failed to listen or accept a mistake had been made and held our passports until we paid him €80 extra and threw us out without apologising or refunding us, leaving us homeless for 2 nights The bathroom stank of urine too ! Poor service and very disgusted! Don't stay

• 16th Apr 2015

The hostel is located near the Rijksmuseum which is located 20 min. by walk from central station. The hostel offers breakfast which is good value for money but you should finish your meal as soon as possible because the kitchen is small and it gets crowded. The staff was kind.

For me the only problem is the bathroom (en suite). it is too small, no wall to separate the shower and the toilet, because of that all the time the floor is wet. Also there is no socket to charge your mobile phone in the bedroom.

The kitchen is barely a kitchen; has one sink and fridge and a microwave and we aren't allowed to cook stuff in it only warm Light in toilet au Shower and toilet extremely tiny with no space to change without getting your clothes wet, ground completely flooded with water so people resorted to walking around in their underwear just to keep their clothes dry Breakfast was very low quality bread with jam or peanut butter, nothing else. They just do this to have "breakfast included" Horrible place

Payment in cash only (which is shady), 10 euros deposit for a key that didn't work the second day, and a replacement key that snapped as soon as we touched it. Hygiene conditions were catastrophic : a "closet" with a shower inside, a cat that was sitting on the breakfast tables (same cat that woke us up at 5 in the morning meowing in the corridor), terrible breakfast (you DO NOT give little plastic cups for HOT liquids), stuffy, hot room and very unpleasant personnel (especially the owner).

Great staff!!!!! Good location Would recommend to anyone!! Cheers

Would be a perfect hostel if there were lockers.

Convenient location, just behind Van Gogh museum. Good staff

Friendly staff out front, everything you want in a hostel apart from the toilet facilities :/

Awesome service! The people were always so nice and answered any questions I had. I would 100% stay here again in the future! Highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting anytime soon!

• 26th Mar 2015

Friendly hosts, OK location and overall a nice place. The payment made through hostelworld was not honored by them, they claim it will be reinstated to my account, hopefully. Friendly place to stay about 10 min walk from city center. Unfortunately very restricted smoking.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Only thing missing was lockers to put bags....but other than that, great!

Good location, RUDE STAFF! Guy at the reception was extremely rude, didn't give me my change when I paid and seemed overall annoyed.

The price was good but that was about the only redeeming quality. Unlike every other hostel I've stayed with, this one only takes cash when you arrive to pay for you stay, so right when I got there I had to leave a find an ATM. The room was very stuffy and it felt like there was no ventilation. The bathrooms were extremely small and not very clean. But I guess you get what you pay for. It would be great if they could get a credit card machine as we are in the 21st century.

Don't go in this hostel ! Horrible staff !

The bathroom was always dirty and the blanquets smelled awfull, probably they never wash them. We were told that there was a kitchen, but it was only a microwave and a fridge, we could'n cook there. In the website said that we could pay with credit card but they only accepted cash. The location is really good.

Bathrooms were a little dirty, but staff was nice and can't beat the price.

The staff was very nice. We greeted each morning with a smile. Breakfast was simple but good, toasts with peanut butter and cranberry jam and coffee or tea. We liked the location beacause its near the museums and its a quiet zone to sleep

• 13th Mar 2015