Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie Reviews

Jan Willem Brouwstraat 14, 171 LG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The kitchen is barely a kitchen; has one sink and fridge and a microwave and we aren't allowed to cook stuff in it only warm Light in toilet au Shower and toilet extremely tiny with no space to change without getting your clothes wet, ground completely flooded with water so people resorted to walking around in their underwear just to keep their clothes dry Breakfast was very low quality bread with jam or peanut butter, nothing else. They just do this to have "breakfast included" Horrible place

Payment in cash only (which is shady), 10 euros deposit for a key that didn't work the second day, and a replacement key that snapped as soon as we touched it. Hygiene conditions were catastrophic : a "closet" with a shower inside, a cat that was sitting on the breakfast tables (same cat that woke us up at 5 in the morning meowing in the corridor), terrible breakfast (you DO NOT give little plastic cups for HOT liquids), stuffy, hot room and very unpleasant personnel (especially the owner).

Great staff!!!!! Good location Would recommend to anyone!! Cheers

Would be a perfect hostel if there were lockers.

Convenient location, just behind Van Gogh museum. Good staff

Friendly staff out front, everything you want in a hostel apart from the toilet facilities :/

Awesome service! The people were always so nice and answered any questions I had. I would 100% stay here again in the future! Highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting anytime soon!

• 26th Mar 2015

Friendly hosts, OK location and overall a nice place. The payment made through hostelworld was not honored by them, they claim it will be reinstated to my account, hopefully. Friendly place to stay about 10 min walk from city center. Unfortunately very restricted smoking.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Only thing missing was lockers to put bags....but other than that, great!

Good location, RUDE STAFF! Guy at the reception was extremely rude, didn't give me my change when I paid and seemed overall annoyed.

The price was good but that was about the only redeeming quality. Unlike every other hostel I've stayed with, this one only takes cash when you arrive to pay for you stay, so right when I got there I had to leave a find an ATM. The room was very stuffy and it felt like there was no ventilation. The bathrooms were extremely small and not very clean. But I guess you get what you pay for. It would be great if they could get a credit card machine as we are in the 21st century.

Don't go in this hostel ! Horrible staff !

The bathroom was always dirty and the blanquets smelled awfull, probably they never wash them. We were told that there was a kitchen, but it was only a microwave and a fridge, we could'n cook there. In the website said that we could pay with credit card but they only accepted cash. The location is really good.

Bathrooms were a little dirty, but staff was nice and can't beat the price.

The staff was very nice. We greeted each morning with a smile. Breakfast was simple but good, toasts with peanut butter and cranberry jam and coffee or tea. We liked the location beacause its near the museums and its a quiet zone to sleep

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Staff were lovely and very helpful. Beds were comfortable and location was great. Really good for the price

Staff was very rude. They kept coming in and waking everyone up in the morning one hour before check out. They walk in all the time and have no respect for your personal belongings. They scolded us for trying to bring food or water upstairs. I would not stay here again.

We had a great stay, the 12 bedroom dorm was big, comfortable beds and the location is amazing. Free breakfast and coffee. Would defiantly visit again :)

I have never encountered anybody in the Netherlands giving rasict comments but at hostel Anne Marie it was strange. I was reminded that this place is Holland in Europe and not a country like India or Pakistan where people are conservative. I really do not appreciate such a gesture.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • India

Hello and thanks you for the review. We are very disappointing with the comment, we are work with staff from different nationality, Our staff try to ensure all patrons receive a good atmosphere during their stay We are very sorry about the experience that you had and I would like to apologies fore the inconvenience ,We always working very hard to improve the hostel within the best service. Take care and we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

They kicked us out exactly 18 minutes after we checked out while we were using the computer in the lobby and they did not even let us use the kitchen after 10 pm and some of the hostel staff were extremely rude people.