Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarstraat 79, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This is the worst hostel we've stayed in. The first impression we had was some man yelling at us to hurry up the ridiculously tiny stairs and to throw our stuff in a non-locked cupboard until check in. The beds are horrible and there was no ladder to get on to the top bunk?? The showers and toilets were absolutely filthy. The 'free' breakfast they offered was bread (no toaster) and jam. Their only good part was the younger boy who checked us in. He was very lovely. But still quite unorganised.

The place is not very hard to find,all the staff are very good helpfull and friendly,although the place is very small and not suitable for old people.. but it is perfect for my one night stay,sure to stay here again.🤗🤗

Very pleasant staff and loving cat!! great location !!! only negatives the bathroom was disgusting ! my room was not cleaned when others

I just liked

Very nice hostel, wonderful and friendly magement and very secure as well. Must visit ....☺☺☺

• 5th Jan 2016
  • India

The day time reception guy was very friendly(Moroccan with big eyebrows) but the night shift guy was extremely rude. I was trying to buy water and he wanted me to pay more for the drink. I showed him the price on the fridge door and still was asking for more. I said no, I won't pay more. I didn't get the water. He looked stoned. VERY RUDE. The rooms are ok, there are no lockers in the room and the upper bunk beds don't have ladders to go up or security. I'm glad I didn't fall!!

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Mexico

I had a great stay. Great location. Friendly staff. Good value. Best hostel experience I've had!

I stayed here before 2 years ago, huuuuuuge improvement in cleanliness. Reception was friendly and the place had great atmosphere.

Had a great time staying here because the staff was nice and I made some great friends! Not the cleanest hostel, but really there is not much to complain about when you're in Amsterdam! This place grew on me.

Very good location right in the centre of the city, can be a bit noisy though from nearby bars. The staff were pretty friendly, rooms were quite packed but good that the shower/toilet are separated, no lockers in the room though - however you can leave valuables downstairs at reception.

breakfast wasnt very good.

Most of the staff is not really helpful or considerate. The shower in our bathroom was actually part of the bathroom, so when you took a shower the water was everywhere.

need to have a toaster

So not worth the money, would have been ok If it was cheaper

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Sweden

Horrible. Bathroom in my room was flooded for 2 days and the room was filthy. Small common room but no alcohol sold. There's no ladder to get the the top bunk (wtf??) So you are just expected to drag yourself up? I'm 5'8 and my feet stuck out the end of the bed. Uncomfortable, unclean, would definitely not stay again. Only good thing is that it's on a street with lots of bars and restaurants so you can go out easily but it can be noisy too if you want to sleep.

Unfortunately this hostel did not have almost anything they claimed to have online. The wifi was very slow. There are not lockers available. The hotel is located above a very loud club which is open until 4am. The window was broken and would not close. On the first day it rained and the roof leaked. It dripped all night. The bathroom was so filthy it was difficult to use. The shower head was on the floor and did not work. Overall poor. Its only redeeming quality was the location.

• 22nd Sep 2015

we are hardly find hostel place they have a just small signboard

It was the worst hostel I have stayed. There is no locker in rooms. Dirty beds and bathroom. You always feel insecure.

Did not deduct deposit amount from total bill even though I had paid it already to HostelWorld. Real pain to get money back from hostelworld.

Staff were really helpful and friendly at check in and throughout the stay. Good knowledge of the city and places to go. Reasonable price for a good location in Amsterdam only a 15 min walk from the red light district. Rooms were clean and cleaned daily.