Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarstraat 79, Amsterdam, Netherlands

this place has no lockers, isn't paticularly clean and is located right above a nightclub. so good luck getting any sleep

My stay was fine. Wasn't hard to find as I had read on the reviews, big sign outside. Staff were helpful and rooms were quite spacious. Only complaint no step ladders onto the upper bunks.

Location was perfect arund bars and clubs. Staff was decent enough. Beds slightly uncomfortable. Rest if fine for a short stay.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • India

The staff was nice to us. Could use lockers for the room, but we didn't complain because guests can leave their belongings in a closet behind check-in. The location was great, Leidseplein is an exciting area to be staying in.

The main guy could really do with some manners. Refused to believe that he was wrong. He is extremely smug. The other two guys were more than reasonable and fine.

The location is good, and that is about the only good thing about this hostel. The first night, the staff let someone else who was not even booked for the hostel stay in our room - so there were too many people for the number of beds! That is absurd!! The staff was not helpful in the matter at all. No air conditioning- rooms are TOO HOT in the summer and opening the window does nothing for circulation. Bathrooms were disgusting. WAY too overpriced for what you get - I would NEVER stay here again

• 2nd Jul 2015

this hostel is in the perfect location of pubs and restaurants. However our room windows didnt open. the breakfast was jam on bread. not toast but bread. the staff were happy and helpful however I do think this is overpriced. the room needs ceiling fans at a minimum

This place was hot during the summer months. No air fans in the room

This place is a DUUUUMP

• 26th Jun 2015

Location is the only good thing about this hostel. Very over priced for what you get

Excellent little hostel, great location and facilities for the price! Our room wasn't ready when we arrived due to a large number of checkouts that morning (which we weren't bothered by) but they gave us a free upgrade anyway. No lockers but we were always allowed to leave our bags behind reception, so it was fine. Overall a lovely experience, would definitely return! Plus bonus points for having a cat. :)

• 23rd Jun 2015

The rooms are trashed from people getting the "full Amsterdam experience". Stuffy. Crammed. Shower water up to your ankles. Worse, I woke up with 8 bug bites, one that caused my entire hand to swell up. Staff: During morning checkout, the guy could barely open his eyes and was so confused that he tried to convince me I had another night's stay. Prices: they charge 5% fee for credit cards. Worse, the price I booked on HW, was much more than booking there. My roommates paid 1/2 of what I paid.

Was a pretty good hostel. But very basic for the cost. It was located in a neat location of the city surronpunded by food and sights. Overall it wasn't bad. Had a good time.

perfect location was amazing, it was a pleasant stay! It was much better than I ever expected! Everything was clean and organized. The security box at the reception was great and I always felt safe! ! I would definitely stay here again if I were to visit Amsterdam in the future!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

It's a good location, nice 20 minutes walk to the train station. Easy to get there from the airport. Good value for the money. Without knowing other hostels in town I will recommend this one.

The showers are disgusting. The guy at the front desk is so out of it he can't open his eyes normally to even talk to you. The breakfast included is a piece of plain bread. The rooms don't have enough outlets and no lockers. I had to sleep with my purse under my covers since there weren't lockers. I stayed last summer for one night and was not impressed and I accidentally booked it again without realizing it was the same place for this summer and I was not impressed this year at all.

Check in took about an hour and the guy at the front dest refused to allow my friend and I to split the fee and use a credit card. He went from saying that the machine worked to saying "what if I told you the machine wasn't working" because he wanted us to go to an ATM to pay him cash. My money, I'll use it how I want to. When we got into our room, it was an absolute mess. The top bunks are too difficult to get up to, there aren't stairs or what not to help. Also, only 1 outlet worked !

• 12th Jun 2015

I was not impressed with this hostel at all. First off, it's almost impossible to find because all it had was a tiny green sign saying hotel. Secondly, it was way overpriced for the weekend. I was also told the price that was emailed to me included all the taxes, but when I checked in they charged me €30 more than I was expecting and refused to refund me. There was a 70yr old man in my room which was awkward. Breakfast is literally just bread, there's no kitchen, and only one mini fridge.

That was a good night but they have to be careful. We had the unpleasure to find some people in our bed when we came back. Be careful with over booking, this is not professionnal. However, the staff was really nice and the location is definitely ideal!

• 11th Jun 2015

The dorm that i stayed in was relatively clean although there was a severe lack of plugs to charge my phone. There wasn't wifi in the room as well. The hostel is situated along the street where the night life occurs so it will be noisy throughout the night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3