Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarstraat 79, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff was very helpful and friendly. They helped me a lot with a problem I had, and they had no need or obligation to do so. The location is great, just above a nightclub and in a street full of bars and other clubs! They offer you free breakfast.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Dirty, very smelly and very noisey. Wouldn't recommend.

• 19th Feb 2015

Breakfast is very poor(i think they provide 'breakfast' to just mark 'breakfast included' on the website.) Please clean the bed after people checked out.... some sttaf looks like very upset. And i saw what j have never seen before in here... prices of weekend are crazy lol i'll never stay here again.

Thank you for your comment. We clean the hostel everyday, after the housekeepers go away it's spotless. We have a free breakfast to get you started, it's simple breakfast. Greetings

One of the guys working there (tall middle eastern guy with black hair) was incredibly rude, unhelpful, and racist. Tried asking him for directions and he told us once very unclearly. When we asked again he angrily told us to just leave. Mocked my asian friend and kept calling him "chino boy".

• 13th Feb 2015

Thank you for your comment. We will look into this, maybe he called your friend this way just to break the ice. Greetings

This was my second time at this hotel and very different from the first, the current staff is poor poor arrangement thereof is something that bothers me, always with lack of sympathy and flexibility, while having my breakfast circulated a cat over the table. I have to say that room cleanliness was excellent but nevertheless common areas always very dirty. I highly recommend this hostel, only has a very good location, leaves much to be desired.

Thanks for coming back!!. We always do our best to do the best!!, but we are humans we make mistakes, We all can improve. Greetings

I really liked the environment that the owners made among the people that was staying at the hostel. Really nice conversation during the free dinners the gave us. If i go back to Rome, i'd definitively stay there again. Greets from a chilean.

Very strict rules, but the locations was key for the price! Shower was hot

Lots of stairs! I went with two really big bags and they selected a room on the last floor for me, i really suffered going up and down without help.

Leidseplein is perfect located and with allot of bars and restuarant, the staff is very nice and always helpfull.

• 15th Jan 2015

Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein is a great place to stay! Right in the center of the city and so easy to get around. I will surely go back to this place.

Personal items disappear during the room cleanings, must keep everything in bags to avoid.

• 30th Dec 2014

Nice place to stop. Stayed for 3 nights. Plenty of coffee shops nearby. Comfortable walking to dam square. Can't compare it to other hostels or hotels. But if you just need a bed in town, this place was great.

• 29th Dec 2014

One of the best locations in amsterdam , but this is the only good thing about that hostel , the staff was poor , they charged us extra amount of money upon arrival, the rooms were too small , to sum up i would never dare to stay there again.

The problem that I found: it was not Lockers in the Hostel, and i couldn't put my stuffs in a safe place. At night someone just stoled me some money. The location and the staff are really good and friendly, but the security inside the hostel is very poor. I did check out at night and started to look for another place to sleep. I think some simple Lockers or Surveillance Cameras could improve the service of the hostel.

The toilet is a bit small and unclean. Breakfast is enough for me to survive. Not always have tea and coffee. But the price is really good with friendly staff. People tend to get to each other when staying there. Overall it's still a nice stay.

Hostel is in a great location but it may not be worth the conditions. There's also a €10 deposit for the key to your dorm that is not listed in the website. You have to hit a buzzer and wait for someone to open the door. There is a CAT living in the main floor which is also where people eat. The wifi is only available in the main floor and is pretty bad. No lockers in rooms. Very little light in the rooms, the power outlets did not work and the windows did not close.

Had a really bad experience here. The staffed hardly spoke and did not assign a bed at all or explain anything. The breakfast consisted of bread and jam, not enough space to sit in a common area. Wifi worked poorly and rooms were so small I couldn't pack or unpack my bag with out bumping into other people. No lockers, so no security and on top of this my friend came home at 3am with no bed to sleep in and this problem wasn't solved. At least he got a refund...

Great location and great staff!! Good hostel

Stayed in the penthouse(top floor) with 4 friends in a 10 bed dorm which was pretty sweet. The stairs were like climbing Mt Doom in Mordor especially after fry session. Pretty alright hostel but if you want to smoke or drink then stay at one with a smoking room. Although the 2 hour chess matches in the common room were quite hilarious(1 move per 10 minutes). Stay here if its cheap and you are keen to see amsterdam, but if you want to get cooked in a social environment go to the flying pig

Wasn't too bad a place, good location however the room was not very clean at all!

« first « Prev 1 2 3