Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein

• kaylabarnes336551
  • Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
20th Jun 2017
7.7

Lovely, honest staff. I was accidentally overcharged and would have never had noticed until a staff member came to my room and brought me the difference in cash that I over payed. Will definitely return when I am next in Amsterdam!

• England, Female, 18-24
18th Jun 2017
7.1

A very simple hostel, if you need a bed for a few nights whilst exploring the city it is great! Great location, 5 minutes from Vondel park and all the museums, with restaurants and bars all next door. Could do with a common area as it was difficult to meet other people, although it depends who's staying in your room! I had some lovely chatty people, and some people who just wanted to sleep all the time. Not a party hostel!! Breakfast is just bread and spreads.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
9th Jun 2017
7.4

Good location, luckily we had a good group of people in our room. There are no lockers just a "storage room" where the staff offers to watch your stuff. They check in early every morning to do a "roll call" and make sure no one additional is in your bed. They don't allow you to drink in the common areas or even roll your weed. We tried to cancel when we discovered there are no lockers even though they advertise that they do and they wouldn't let us. false advertising in my opinion.

9th Jun 2017
2.0

Dirty beds, inconvenient location, and the loudest hostel in Amsterdam, but it was cheap .. Except that it wasn't. The rather rude and frazzled worker at the desk charged me 337€ for a room that was supposed to be 34€ and refused to fix it, so now I have to deal with having my bank deny all the charges. Never stay here.

8th Jun 2017

If you want to party this is the place, breakfast just coffe & bread

6th Jun 2017
7.1

They need more staff at night. The guy at the reception was overwhelm with all the arrivals and it made him grumpy. The shower/toilet was huge but the water didn't drain properly and flooded the toilet section too so you had to be careful after use. Otherwise, cheap for Amsterdam.

• sinancafri9159
  • Turkey, Male, 31-40
2nd Jun 2017
2.0

Very rude Staff. I have booked a bed in 6 people dormitory. First night was horrible, the street was very noisy and could not sleep a wink. On the second night, they placed me into a 8 room dormitory, but they did not refund me for the difference. Staff was not very helpful. They just told me to write an email to the manager, who never replied to me. Besides, for my booking plus for my key deposit, I paid 130 where room costs 118. I was not returned 12 year but they returned me only 10 euro.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
26th May 2017
4.3

Have to ring a doorbell to get in everytime! Staff wanted to keep hold of passport as deposit for key, left 10 dollar deposit seemed to be a massive challenge for them to understand we don't wanna leave important items in there office which is full of peoples bags as there is no lockers. Room is stuffy hot and small,the bathroom is good that's bout all. Booked last minute so couldn't leave or get anywhere else, also some random staff member walks in early morn to do a roll call! Hope u enjoy lol

• mattpapineau129450
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
25th May 2017
4.6

Over priced for a 14 bed room. Place was a sauna very difficult to sleep. Location was great if you are looking to party

• Costa Rica, Female, 31-40
25th May 2017
7.7

Downsides: Expensive, not a real breakfast is offered and there is not even a fan in the dorms which will be really appreciated in this time of the year. Advantages: Good attention, the WIFI worked perfectly and the location is perfect, I guess that excuses the rest. :) I will return if I have to to stay around the Leidseplein.