Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarstraat 79, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location right in one of the hotspots of Amsterdam. Lots of bars restaurants and coffee shops really close by. Rooms have their own private bathrooms and the place is pretty clean. They were also serving breakfast (peanut butter, jam and toast). The only downside was that there are no lockers so if you have any valuable items you're better off leaving them with the receptionnist at the lobby. Great price and excellent location.

• 24th Aug 2015

The hostel is right above a club and the window of our room was broken, thus is was increadibly noisy. We stayed for two nights and the bathroom, which was used by 10 people, was not cleaned once, and the breakfast consisted of nothing but toast and peanut butter.

• 18th Aug 2015

The floor in the toilet is always wet and dirty. The bunk bed is small, does not have a ladder, and is not very rigid - whenever the person in the other bed moves, the entire bed rocks like a cradle.

Completely average hostel, but it kinda sucked that we had to pay a lot more than our French roommates and that they told us after we had booked two beds in the same room and paid that me and my friend might would have to stay in different rooms.

The hostel is located in a really great place. I'm a guy and went there with two friends and found that the location we were in was second to none! Really great surprise and saves a lot of money. I recommend booking it in advance because otherwise prices are too high! They could use some private lockers but the rooms were okay and you get a bathroom so it's decent. We all enjoyed our stay, thanks Leidseplein hostel!

• 10th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Located just above a nightclub so sleep is non existent. The rooms are disgusting, I watched staff change bed sheets & just step around the rubbish. I stayed 3 nights and didn't see the bathroom cleaned once.

Güler yüzlü görevlileri mevcut

this place has no lockers, isn't paticularly clean and is located right above a nightclub. so good luck getting any sleep

My stay was fine. Wasn't hard to find as I had read on the reviews, big sign outside. Staff were helpful and rooms were quite spacious. Only complaint no step ladders onto the upper bunks.

Location was perfect arund bars and clubs. Staff was decent enough. Beds slightly uncomfortable. Rest if fine for a short stay.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • India

The staff was nice to us. Could use lockers for the room, but we didn't complain because guests can leave their belongings in a closet behind check-in. The location was great, Leidseplein is an exciting area to be staying in.

We were overcharged, and also got put in a bigger room than expected (however did refund for this part). Lockers would be nice. Perfect if your here only for sleeping.

The main guy could really do with some manners. Refused to believe that he was wrong. He is extremely smug. The other two guys were more than reasonable and fine.

The location is good, and that is about the only good thing about this hostel. The first night, the staff let someone else who was not even booked for the hostel stay in our room - so there were too many people for the number of beds! That is absurd!! The staff was not helpful in the matter at all. No air conditioning- rooms are TOO HOT in the summer and opening the window does nothing for circulation. Bathrooms were disgusting. WAY too overpriced for what you get - I would NEVER stay here again

• 2nd Jul 2015

this hostel is in the perfect location of pubs and restaurants. However our room windows didnt open. the breakfast was jam on bread. not toast but bread. the staff were happy and helpful however I do think this is overpriced. the room needs ceiling fans at a minimum

This place was hot during the summer months. No air fans in the room

This place is a DUUUUMP

• 26th Jun 2015

Location is the only good thing about this hostel. Very over priced for what you get

Excellent little hostel, great location and facilities for the price! Our room wasn't ready when we arrived due to a large number of checkouts that morning (which we weren't bothered by) but they gave us a free upgrade anyway. No lockers but we were always allowed to leave our bags behind reception, so it was fine. Overall a lovely experience, would definitely return! Plus bonus points for having a cat. :)

The rooms are trashed from people getting the "full Amsterdam experience". Stuffy. Crammed. Shower water up to your ankles. Worse, I woke up with 8 bug bites, one that caused my entire hand to swell up. Staff: During morning checkout, the guy could barely open his eyes and was so confused that he tried to convince me I had another night's stay. Prices: they charge 5% fee for credit cards. Worse, the price I booked on HW, was much more than booking there. My roommates paid 1/2 of what I paid.

« first « Prev 1 2 3