Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarstraat 79, Amsterdam, Netherlands

perfect location was amazing, it was a pleasant stay! It was much better than I ever expected! Everything was clean and organized. The security box at the reception was great and I always felt safe! ! I would definitely stay here again if I were to visit Amsterdam in the future!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

It's a good location, nice 20 minutes walk to the train station. Easy to get there from the airport. Good value for the money. Without knowing other hostels in town I will recommend this one.

The showers are disgusting. The guy at the front desk is so out of it he can't open his eyes normally to even talk to you. The breakfast included is a piece of plain bread. The rooms don't have enough outlets and no lockers. I had to sleep with my purse under my covers since there weren't lockers. I stayed last summer for one night and was not impressed and I accidentally booked it again without realizing it was the same place for this summer and I was not impressed this year at all.

Check in took about an hour and the guy at the front dest refused to allow my friend and I to split the fee and use a credit card. He went from saying that the machine worked to saying "what if I told you the machine wasn't working" because he wanted us to go to an ATM to pay him cash. My money, I'll use it how I want to. When we got into our room, it was an absolute mess. The top bunks are too difficult to get up to, there aren't stairs or what not to help. Also, only 1 outlet worked !

• 12th Jun 2015

I was not impressed with this hostel at all. First off, it's almost impossible to find because all it had was a tiny green sign saying hotel. Secondly, it was way overpriced for the weekend. I was also told the price that was emailed to me included all the taxes, but when I checked in they charged me €30 more than I was expecting and refused to refund me. There was a 70yr old man in my room which was awkward. Breakfast is literally just bread, there's no kitchen, and only one mini fridge.

That was a good night but they have to be careful. We had the unpleasure to find some people in our bed when we came back. Be careful with over booking, this is not professionnal. However, the staff was really nice and the location is definitely ideal!

• 11th Jun 2015

The dorm that i stayed in was relatively clean although there was a severe lack of plugs to charge my phone. There wasn't wifi in the room as well. The hostel is situated along the street where the night life occurs so it will be noisy throughout the night.

I left Amsterdam early because this place was just about the only room I could find.

I have never encountered staff at a hotel that were so rude and unhelpful. The man at reception did not speak to me, just grunted in my general direction. A boy in another room had cash and his bank card stolen from his locked backpack and when he told the man at reception he just grunted again and turned away. The hostel was a rip off. 'Breakfast' was stale bread, peanut butter and jam aka a sham. Not even a toaster. So many other bad things but no room. Would never stay again. I felt unsafe.

• 29th May 2015

Very helpfull staff. Very good location.

Arrived late on a Saturday night and they agreed in advance this was ok. Took ages to check in as couldn't find my booking, and then groups of other people had to move rooms as they had other people in their beds. Not enough keys for the room so had to get the receptionist to let me in when he was free. At least it was cheap and ok to crash for one night.

Well, the staff was a couple of guys who yielded a lot and don't care much about clients. I stayed at the 12 room, so, no lockers to leave your things secure and no organization in beds. Don't recommend this at all.

Really dirty dormitory with stuff, clothes and underwear under the beds from previous visitors. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting and no one cleans the rooms. The only positive point of this hostel is the perfect location.

• 23rd May 2015

Only two days out of my three days stay I was moved into three different rooms. In my second room, I came back at night to find someone else sleeping in my bed. It wasn't his fault, but the staffs fault for booking 11 kids in a 10 bed room. I literally slept on a bus that night. I didn't even bother spending the third night I paid for. The staff just completely does not know how to do business. I spent hours of my trip at the reception. I couldn't fully enjoy Amsterdam because of this place.

• 22nd May 2015

It is in the perfect location and the rooms were pretty clean.

The staff were helpful.

• 20th May 2015

No frills. Clean. Great location. Good value for money. Not the most restful sleep due to excessive noise from nearby bars. Bring a sleepmask. Would stay there again.

The good thing about this hostel is the extremely good location.

Dont stay here. I read reviews and just thought people might of had a bad day and decided to give a bad review-nope. The staff were incredibly rude and the guy who checked me out threw my money at me. The "Free" breakfast is bread and jam.. no toaster and no oven. The stay was absolutely terrible and I am never staying here again and warning my friends about staying here. Way over priced considering the free breakfast, the "kitchen", and the staff were all terrible.

Hi thank for your stay. We always do our best to give a good service but have also rules wish are also for applies for you.You wanted to take a person inside the hostel, this is not allowed. We do not say we have a kitchen, and the breakfast free! We hope you had a nice stay. greetings staff hostel leidseplein

very "OK" but it was Amsterdam on the weekend so everything is expensive.