Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarstraat 79, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is far from de Central Station. They don't offer lockers in the roooms. But I liked very much mu stat over there. Only these two points I think they could improve.

Impossible to sleep during the night due to the clubs in the front street. The conditions of the bathroom was critical. Personals unfriendly and arrogant.

• 29th Aug 2014

This is not a bad Hostel, just nothing stands out to give it higher rating than average. The 24 hour reception and breakfast (toast and jelly) in the morning is a nice touch. The day staff is helpful with all your questions. It is about a 20 minute walk to the city center. There was no AC in the room and the electrical outlets were limited. A plus side is that the area it is in provides cheap food by Amsterdam standards.

Pretty nice place to stay! Aside for having to pay to have your luggage watched after checkout, the rooms were nice and so were the people. Would've been nicer with a better common room atmosphere but besides that, a good location if you don't mind not being right in the red light district.

At night it was very loud as the hostel is above a bar. Didn't bother us as we were out anyway but don't stay here if you want a early night!

• 20th Aug 2014

There was a mix up with our booking so we had to stay at another one of their hostels (Amsterdam Hostel Uptown). Overall, it was a great experience just a little too expensive for what they are offering.

Location of the hostel is perfect to explore the city. Room and en-suite clean and a good size. However, it was disappointing that there is no card machine, storing valuables is entrusted solely to the staff at reception and the free breakfast consisted of bread and jam. For the price, we felt a better selection should be provided.

Thank you for your feedback. Breakfast is free and included in the price. Greetings

No lockers in the rooms which creates an annoying system with reception. Also not much place to hang out and meet people.

Great location, but very noisy at night. But I seemed to sleep through it fine. No ladders on the bunks which is odd. It didnt help either that they booked someone into my bed on my last night. So i got to my room, opened the door and lo and behold theres a girl in my bed, and no other bunks were available. So i went to reception, woke up the man, and they thought i was only there for 2 nights! Didnt think to ring me or anything before checking me out. Just what you need at 3am. Great.

• 8th Aug 2014

This is where you stay if everywhere else is booked up. Terrible, rude staff. Poor facilities. Rooms are spacious but the facilities are not well kept. Flooding showers, chemical smells abound. Will never return to this hostel again!

staff was helpful about luggages :) but the other staff which was changing the linens and pillowcases was not so polite . and it may be more clean. location of hostel was good. it was close to bars restaurants and also Burger King :)

Overpriced, beds too small, no lockers.

It´s located in Leidseplein, a famous and crowded square in Amsterdam but the price is too expensive for the services they offer and the staff aren´t that nice. Don´t expect the rooms to be super cleaned and you have to pay 3€ extra if you want to leave your luggage after the check-out.

awesome location right next to all of cool bars and mini clubs. breakfast is very poor. tea coffee bread and jam. everything was clean but know this. the 8 bed dorms are on the third floor. very hard to climb the amsterdam stairway at night. another thing is the lobby. its on the second floor but you cant sit there with people from outside. anf freinds you will meet in amsterdam will offer you join them in thier hostel. the crew will just tell visitors to leave

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Great place to stay and meet people. Would definitely stay again.

It's on the main party street, if you can get over the noise it's a great place

Great location right in the middle of lots of bars and restaurants, just down the road from the museum square where the I AMSTERDAM sign is. I rented a bike from the place they suggested and it worked out great. I was able to get around town very quickly and easily. They are open 24/7 and have a free safety deposit box to store your valuables. Very friendly staff who keep the place as clean as they possibly can, but the people who visit Amsterdam usually aren't the cleanest! :P

Great location, everything is within walking distance and tram stop right outside. Not much events on and may get a bit boring if you're a solo traveller. I also had to carry my luggage up three floors and stairs are really narrow, steep and winding. Bathroom was tiny and not very clean. Don't even bother getting breakfast here. Also something weird happened, staff asked me for a deposit for a key which I have and then I forgot about it until after I left,they should have refunded me my deposit

The hostel was in a great location (though lively at night) and to the point in its approach. Wifi was good, which I understand can be very necessary when traveling for long periods of time. Coffee and tea were provided but one can hardly call white bread with butter and some jam a provided breakfast. Good location, friendly staff and clean enough. Straightforward approach.

Good location with friendly, knowledgeable staff. Bathrooms tended to get dirty quickly with everyone in the room using them. There wasn't any additional bathrooms on my floor so I had to wait. No lockers in the room but you can lock up valuables at reception. I didn't find the stairs an issue but if you have limited mobility this might not be the place for you. Hostel has a cat and although I avoided it my allergies were still affected as the cat has free reign in the common room.