Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarstraat 79, Amsterdam, Netherlands

staff was helpful about luggages :) but the other staff which was changing the linens and pillowcases was not so polite . and it may be more clean. location of hostel was good. it was close to bars restaurants and also Burger King :)

Overpriced, beds too small, no lockers.

It´s located in Leidseplein, a famous and crowded square in Amsterdam but the price is too expensive for the services they offer and the staff aren´t that nice. Don´t expect the rooms to be super cleaned and you have to pay 3€ extra if you want to leave your luggage after the check-out.

awesome location right next to all of cool bars and mini clubs. breakfast is very poor. tea coffee bread and jam. everything was clean but know this. the 8 bed dorms are on the third floor. very hard to climb the amsterdam stairway at night. another thing is the lobby. its on the second floor but you cant sit there with people from outside. anf freinds you will meet in amsterdam will offer you join them in thier hostel. the crew will just tell visitors to leave

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Great place to stay and meet people. Would definitely stay again.

It's on the main party street, if you can get over the noise it's a great place

Great location right in the middle of lots of bars and restaurants, just down the road from the museum square where the I AMSTERDAM sign is. I rented a bike from the place they suggested and it worked out great. I was able to get around town very quickly and easily. They are open 24/7 and have a free safety deposit box to store your valuables. Very friendly staff who keep the place as clean as they possibly can, but the people who visit Amsterdam usually aren't the cleanest! :P

Great location, everything is within walking distance and tram stop right outside. Not much events on and may get a bit boring if you're a solo traveller. I also had to carry my luggage up three floors and stairs are really narrow, steep and winding. Bathroom was tiny and not very clean. Don't even bother getting breakfast here. Also something weird happened, staff asked me for a deposit for a key which I have and then I forgot about it until after I left,they should have refunded me my deposit

The hostel was in a great location (though lively at night) and to the point in its approach. Wifi was good, which I understand can be very necessary when traveling for long periods of time. Coffee and tea were provided but one can hardly call white bread with butter and some jam a provided breakfast. Good location, friendly staff and clean enough. Straightforward approach.

Good location with friendly, knowledgeable staff. Bathrooms tended to get dirty quickly with everyone in the room using them. There wasn't any additional bathrooms on my floor so I had to wait. No lockers in the room but you can lock up valuables at reception. I didn't find the stairs an issue but if you have limited mobility this might not be the place for you. Hostel has a cat and although I avoided it my allergies were still affected as the cat has free reign in the common room.

If you're looking to party in Amsterdam, this hostel is perfect for you. It's location is perfect, right next to a lot of bars and clubs. If you need to get some sleep while in Amsterdam then it may not be so good because it is fairly noisy throughout the night. There are no lockers in the room, but you can lock valuables in the storage closet. The works hard to be as helpful as possible. The bathroom was kept clean as well. I had a great stay here and highly recommend this hostel.

There's no storage lockers so you must either check them in with the staff or keep them on you. Location is literally in the middle of the leidseplein crazyness. It's super loud at night so expect that. 100% party atmosphere. Not the dirtiest, but also not the cleanest I've stayed in so far.

It was an okay place to sleep at night. Had bed bugs, smelled bad and was to hot to sleep at night. Way overpriced. Would not stay here if other hostels are available

• 28th Jun 2014

amazing place.. very welcoming staff and friendly. right in the centre of amsterdam with many bars and pubs and coffeeshops around. vondelpark is right there.. best place to relax .

Hostel is located on a very noisy street, but it didn't bother me. I stayed in a mixed 6-bed ensuite. Beds were fine but there were only 2 outlets for us all. The bathroom was less than ideal. The shower was on top of the toilet and caused everything to remain wet and dirty after someone showered. Most of the staff were very friendly but the manager was rude. Its in an excellent location in Leidesplein, right next to several trams and buses and very easy to walk to everything.

Very friendly staff - happy to help you 24/7 with anything. A great hostel if you want to party each night, as you are right in the thick of it. The rooms are noisy from the partying on the street below all night - not a problem for most people but it should be mentioned. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

great location, staff was really nice.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Israel

Terrible. 89 euro for the weekend. 12 person bed has 1 washroom so you had to wait in the morning to use it. Very hot - worst hostel I have ever stayed in

• 6th Jun 2014

was alright

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Spain

The hostel is quite well situated with coffee shops, bars and restaurants and canals all nearby. The dorm rooms are fine and bathrooms very spacious and clean. What it lacks however is a common area or any facilities for making/eating meals and hanging out. There is a deck area but when we took a few beers outside got told very quickly we weren't allowed to hang out there it was only for a quick smoke...disappointing as a little extra space to socialize is exactly what this place needs!