Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarstraat 79, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The WC was really dirty, I don`t really think somebody clean it. It's impossible to sleep when there is a party just under your windows (there are some bars in the street). We were awaken at 2 a.m. because one of the guy's bed was taken. The guy from the reception hadn't even make his voice lower. He started to asking everybody's names like in prison. That was awfull. In fact that was the worst night in my life. Thank's god we've booked only one.

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Russia

A very nice and cozy Hostel, situated at the harbor and with a very warm atmosphere. My friend and I stayed at a 2-person cabin which was quiet and clean. The lady at the reception was helpful and kind. Breakfast is rich. The central station is like 10 minutes away (walking distance). I would highly recommend this place.

It's a dirty, loud, uncomfortable place without any kitchen facilities (not even a toaster to toast the bread at "breakfast"). The "breakfast" is a creepy grey toast, some jam and peanut butter and some disgusting "coffee". The bathrooms lack cleanliness and hooks to keep your stuff off the ground (how easy would that be to fix?!). The staff is rude and impatient, lockers are not available and if you want to leave your bag after your stay you have to pay.

Thank you for your comment. We don't have have a kitchen, we also don't advertise for it, lockers are available at the reception. Greetings

Staff was uncaring, a bit rude, obviously not wanting to be there.

Thanks You for your comment. Do you now which staff member was rude, so we can talk to him. Greetings

Clean and good hostel in the very centre of the city, next to clubs and bars. That's why it gets pretty noisy during the night. But if you want to enjoy Amsterdam's nightlife, this hostel is perfect for you...

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Not the cleanest or greatest hostel but I need a place to sleep

Just really dirty and very difficult to make friends as there's not. common area or kitchen. And one bathroom for way too many people. Wifi's good, water temp is half decent, don't pay too much even if it's a holiday or weekend.

I really loves the stay specially the staff really helpfull n friendly so u feel like home...

Good location, but the staff wasn't really helpful. Not the cleanest hostel either, probably due to the big dorms and the people who stayed there at that time. very noisy at night. Breakfast consists of bad coffee in miniature glasses, dry bread, jelly n peanutbutter - dont let em fool u with the free 'breakfast' prices go up like crazy on weekends..wouldnt recommend stayin here for more than couple of days (and defo not on weekends)

• 31st Mar 2015

Staff were very friendly and helped us map out our days. I have stayed in 5 hostels within the past two months and this has been the cleanest and nicest. Never once was the bathroom or kitchen dirty because they clean it so often.

Breakfast was really poor.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Spain

- no lockers in the rooms (leaving luggage on the day of departure only till 18 o clock and for a fee of three euro) - staff very unfriendly - bathroom with shower and seperate toilet in each room (the shower is often flooded -> people walk in with shoes -> dirty) - sinks are misconstructed, can barely use them - "breakfast" consist of untoasted white toast and some jellys and peanut butter but finishes at 9:30 - beds are very close to each other - wifi works poorly

• 20th Mar 2015

The hostel put a 5% additional tax in addition to the total amount to pay. The rooms were extremely small, 12 people in a tiny room meant for max 4 people. The cost was more than 33 euros per person, without taking into account the additional tax.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. They helped me a lot with a problem I had, and they had no need or obligation to do so. The location is great, just above a nightclub and in a street full of bars and other clubs! They offer you free breakfast.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Dirty, very smelly and very noisey. Wouldn't recommend.

• 19th Feb 2015

Breakfast is very poor(i think they provide 'breakfast' to just mark 'breakfast included' on the website.) Please clean the bed after people checked out.... some sttaf looks like very upset. And i saw what j have never seen before in here... prices of weekend are crazy lol i'll never stay here again.

Thank you for your comment. We clean the hostel everyday, after the housekeepers go away it's spotless. We have a free breakfast to get you started, it's simple breakfast. Greetings

One of the guys working there (tall middle eastern guy with black hair) was incredibly rude, unhelpful, and racist. Tried asking him for directions and he told us once very unclearly. When we asked again he angrily told us to just leave. Mocked my asian friend and kept calling him "chino boy".

Thank you for your comment. We will look into this, maybe he called your friend this way just to break the ice. Greetings

This was my second time at this hotel and very different from the first, the current staff is poor poor arrangement thereof is something that bothers me, always with lack of sympathy and flexibility, while having my breakfast circulated a cat over the table. I have to say that room cleanliness was excellent but nevertheless common areas always very dirty. I highly recommend this hostel, only has a very good location, leaves much to be desired.

Thanks for coming back!!. We always do our best to do the best!!, but we are humans we make mistakes, We all can improve. Greetings

I really liked the environment that the owners made among the people that was staying at the hostel. Really nice conversation during the free dinners the gave us. If i go back to Rome, i'd definitively stay there again. Greets from a chilean.

Very strict rules, but the locations was key for the price! Shower was hot

1 2 3 Next » last »