Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarstraat 79, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel put a 5% additional tax in addition to the total amount to pay. The rooms were extremely small, 12 people in a tiny room meant for max 4 people. The cost was more than 33 euros per person, without taking into account the additional tax.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. They helped me a lot with a problem I had, and they had no need or obligation to do so. The location is great, just above a nightclub and in a street full of bars and other clubs! They offer you free breakfast.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Dirty, very smelly and very noisey. Wouldn't recommend.

• 19th Feb 2015

Breakfast is very poor(i think they provide 'breakfast' to just mark 'breakfast included' on the website.) Please clean the bed after people checked out.... some sttaf looks like very upset. And i saw what j have never seen before in here... prices of weekend are crazy lol i'll never stay here again.

Thank you for your comment. We clean the hostel everyday, after the housekeepers go away it's spotless. We have a free breakfast to get you started, it's simple breakfast. Greetings

One of the guys working there (tall middle eastern guy with black hair) was incredibly rude, unhelpful, and racist. Tried asking him for directions and he told us once very unclearly. When we asked again he angrily told us to just leave. Mocked my asian friend and kept calling him "chino boy".

Thank you for your comment. We will look into this, maybe he called your friend this way just to break the ice. Greetings

This was my second time at this hotel and very different from the first, the current staff is poor poor arrangement thereof is something that bothers me, always with lack of sympathy and flexibility, while having my breakfast circulated a cat over the table. I have to say that room cleanliness was excellent but nevertheless common areas always very dirty. I highly recommend this hostel, only has a very good location, leaves much to be desired.

Thanks for coming back!!. We always do our best to do the best!!, but we are humans we make mistakes, We all can improve. Greetings

I really liked the environment that the owners made among the people that was staying at the hostel. Really nice conversation during the free dinners the gave us. If i go back to Rome, i'd definitively stay there again. Greets from a chilean.

Very strict rules, but the locations was key for the price! Shower was hot

Lots of stairs! I went with two really big bags and they selected a room on the last floor for me, i really suffered going up and down without help.

Leidseplein is perfect located and with allot of bars and restuarant, the staff is very nice and always helpfull.

• 15th Jan 2015

Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein is a great place to stay! Right in the center of the city and so easy to get around. I will surely go back to this place.

1 2 3 Next » last »