Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo Reviews

Leidsekruistraat 14, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1990 Total Reviews

Funnily enough this place use to be a gay hotel and I definitely left happier than when I arrived. The staff are fantastic, all of them. Even after I checked out to a nearby hostel, I was greeted exceptionally well when returning to visit mates I met the nights before. In short you get what you pay for, and this place is well worth it.

The only great thing about the hostel was the location. Everything else was standard or below. They offered us free breakfast however we never went to it as a room mate had told us its not worth it since its a slice of bread and coffee (better than nothing i guess). There are no lockers in the room (4 bed mixed dorm) however you can leave valuables with receptionist. Beds seemed clean and basic toilet facilities. We only chose this hostel as other places were all taken.

The highlight of the hostel was the people. The staff are very friendly and the common area has a friendly atmosphere. The beds and bathrooms, however, were not as good. On one day, there was no hot water and the shower curtains were dirty. The beds are all very old and sagging. Those things aside, I still enjoyed my stay because of the people. However, the prices do not reflect the quality of the rooms.

Great place to stay near all of Amsterdam's tourist location. Cant be beaten for location, lots of eateries on the doorstep and staff are fabulous! Thanks for having us Hostel Orfeo, we felt very welcome. Breakfast has some room for improvement.

Considering that the room is extremely small, the beds are not good, there's no a good place to socialize, the wifi is horrible. The staff is amazing. To expensive.

The hostel should be prices at the amount listed for the services you get. The ensuite toilet is not good at all. The bedding feels like it hasn't been washed.

Hard to find. A pain to navigate once inside. Couldn't wait to leave

Its quite well If you compare with price :D

If it wernt for the beds bein back breakers This place wud b 10/10 But u need to av physio after stayin ther

• 24th Mar 2014

This hostel was decent. The staff was really cool and nice. The location is fine in Amsterdam and it is safe. However, it just a little small and cramped and could be slightly cleaner. Otherwise, it is a nice place to stay.

1 2 3 Next » last »