Amsterdam Hostel Uptown Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 147, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The best location!! Right in the centre of Amsterdam, but not in the scary red light district! Staff were so nice and sweet to me (solo female traveller). Not a lot of hostel atmosphere but I didn't mind as I was happy doing my own thing. I would stay there again for sure

I would not stay at this hostel again for 2 major reasons. First, there were no lockers anywhere in the room or on the property. They had storage for bags in a shack outside the back door. As someone traveling with my passport, I wasn't happy with this "security." Second the hostel was extremely loud. Even if your roommates are respectful/quiet, you are still at the mercy of others staying on the property. I could hear very loud footsteps all night long. The staff was very nice though.

• 14th Aug 2014