Anchi Guesthouse & Apartments Reviews

Obala Ivana Pavla II 23, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The dorm rooms are situated in actual apartments so you are sharing the bathroom, full-sized kitchen, and living room area with a max of half a dozen other guests or so. This makes the place a nice respite from the typical hostel environment. Facilities weren't spotless, but certainly clean enough. No lockers were provided, and nobody bothered to lock doors, but nothing ever "felt" unsecured.

The lady working there was an absolute gem and really made the hostel for me. I was there over the Easter Bank Holiday and she provided Easter cake for us and then mini Easter eggs when I left. I felt very comfortable there. Perfect location for the new port and the bus station but about a 2km walking to the old town (I did not midnd that at all though).

It's good but i think ,anyway because it's one shared house, so i think it maybe not very on time to clean the house?..the drain in the bathroom is clogged anyway, so it is a little disgusting some of the time, but anyway it's not the fault of hotel holder because you know,for girls,they will always drop a lot of hairs...

• 30th Mar 2015
  • China

The location is perfect if you have to catch an early bus. The doors to the hostel and dorm were always open, so the security was lacking. The rooms were clean and the bed comfy, but the rest of the hostel (kitchen, common area, bathroom) were very dirty.

One of my favourite hostels on this trip. Host family really went out of their way to make us feel at home. Excellent kitchen. 40 min walk (or a few mins on a bus) from old town but right beside the bus station, which suits me better. Right beside a huge Konzum supermarket too!

Great Guest House!

老板娘十分好人,地點很近大巴站,雖然距離舊城有點遠,老板娘指點一條路線行二十五分鐘就到,旅舍基本上ok ,如果可以清潔一些就更好。

The place is very conveniently located and is about a 5-10 minute walk from the lake. The owner was very helpful and accomodating with public transportation and making me feel welcomed. The room was very clean and equipped with a kitchen and comfortable beds. Would totally stay here again if I came to Ohrid :)

• 15th Jan 2015

Hostel and hosts were very lovely!!

I really loved my stay at Anchi's! The lady there was so marvelously charming. The apartment was really clean, they even brought us cookies and oranges. I only stayed there for one night, and the next day they let me leave my backpack at their apartment while I was spending the day in the town before catching my night bus. I recommend staying here 110%! It's about a 30-40 minute walk from the old town, but the buses are easy to use, and the walk itself is really simple and nice.

Proximity to bus station and supermarket is fantastic. Comfortable common room, great kitchen, owner was very nice. Chill place.

The woman running the place is so sweet and helpful. She did my laundry for me without charging me, brought fresh oranges from her garden and refilled our olive oil. The dorms share a nice apartment space with a full kitchen and living room. It had everything you could need. The walk to old town was pleasant and only 15 minutes or you could easily catch a bus if you aren't up for walking. Very close to the bus station so it was easy to get in and out of Dubrovnik with my bags.

Owner is very kind. very good.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Japan

I was just staying one night at Anchi so that I could catch a morning bus. This hostel is at a great location for the main bus station. It is very far from the old town. So it depends on what you need. The place is aged but generally clean. The common room and kitchen are spaceous, compare to the very tiny places inside the old city. It's really a trade off. The lock at rooms are a bit funny. No lockers.

View all Dubrovnik Apartments