Anchi Guesthouse & Apartments Reviews

Obala Ivana Pavla II 23, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The hostess was amazing and very considerate. She went out of her way to make me feel at home :) There is no better place to stay!!!

• 28th Jun 2015

Lovely people running the hostel. Very helpful and informative. Great location near bus station and port.

Anchi guesthouse is right next to the ferry port and only a half hour walk to old town. The hostel owner is so lovely, welcoming and very keen to help. Everything was clean, and the kitchen was decent. The only problem was that the shower flooded a little bit, but as long as you have a quick shower this isn't much of a problem. It's not a party hostel, but it's cosy like being in someone's home. If you want a night out all you have to do ISO told town.

Very welcoming hostess who was always ready to help and offer whatever I needed. Very homely feeling but was lacking a place where I could keep my valuables safe (no lockers etc.). There were boxes which requires a lock (you can ask to borrow a lock), but the box itself was not secured to anything and could be easily carried away. Kitchen could have been cleaner, it is wasn't because of this, atmosphere would have scored much higher about 30 minutes of a scenic walk to the old town

Staff were extremely kind and helpful, which was great. Location was right next to bus station and ferry terminal, ideal if that's what you want, but a half hour or forty minute walk to old town. Several kitchens available, but somewhat oddly equipped, and no lockers. Still, good value and very good staff.

30aA bit far from old town but right next to the bus station and ferry port. This place is truly a guest house; the host is really nice and makes sure everything is ok. Definitely worth a stay since most hostels are at least 30€ a night!

Decent hostel that's very small and right next to the bus station and port. About a 30 minute walk to old town but not too bad. The wifi was atrocious though and didn't work most the time we were there, so if you need a connection then don't stay here. The place was quite large and had a whole separate kitchen area that was quite convenient.

Familiar tye of hostel. The lady was really really nice to us.

The couple running this hostel are great, extremely friendly and quite helpful. The wifi was a bit spotty but when we brought it up they fixed it the next day. The apartments with dorms are great, they have a kitchen and bathroom, but it lacks a main hangout area for everyone from all apartments to hang out. A bit of a walk from old town but an easy walk along the harbour. Overall a pretty good stay, I would recommend!

would reccomend for cheap, basic accomodation in Dubrovnik. I arrived by ferry and left by bus so the location was really handy as it is super close to both the port and bus station. about a 45 minute walk into old town or there are busses that take you there in 5-10 mins with the stop right by the apartment. the owner was really lovely and gave you all the information you needed. No lockers but I felt fine leaving my stuff out.

The mama there is a gem! She showed me all the places i needed on the map and waited for me very late at night. She invited me coffee in morning and share a talk with me. Real talk not greeting. She treated me like daughter. I definitely recommend this hostel!

Great hostel, very clean with close proximity to the bus station and ferry port. An incredible deal for the price, I would definitely book this place again.

• 10th Jun 2015

The old couple are so nice and helpful!

• 7th Jun 2015
  • China

Great location for us as we were only staying a night and it was near the bus stop. Having said that it was still very very easy to get to old town anyway. Extremely friendly welcoming, hostel was cool and would love to stay longer next time and use the courtyard. Really comfortable and spacious and well worth the money considering its Dubrovnik

I had a wonderful experience here. Felt really looked after and cared for. Comfortable bedding, clean bathrooms and cooking facilities provided. I will return here without hesitation and hope anyone that stays here has as good of an experience as I did.

• 4th Jun 2015

The lady running the hostel is super friendly and since we had a whole apartment with full facilities, it was cozy to chat to other travelers sitting in the living room. I was really pleased with complimentary pancakes and that I had a chance to use the facilities well after check-out time. Wi-fi worked smoothly.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Finland

There is no locker in the room. But staff,atmosphere is really nice! Location is next to the bus station but to old town bit far,30 minutes by walk.so that's why 3 points.but still nice place. Owner staff,there family really helpful. And big super market is really close so I could live there comfortably

Security was an issue for me here, there were no lockers (even though their profile says that there are), and there is only one locked door between the street and your stuff with no reception desk to watch for people. And cleanliness was also an issue, I don't think the fridge had been emptied or cleaned in a long time, it smelled really bad, I ended up throwing out some long gone things myself. The toilet smelled of urine and I'm not sure how often they swept. Right by the bus station though!

The only inconvenient was the location! But I loved my stay, the owners were really lovely ant the atmosphere was great, felt comfortable

Absolutely loved this place! The lady running it is an absolute get! Right across the road from ferry and bus terminal and only 5 minute bus ride to the old town! Definately recommend and will stay again if I go back to Dubrovnik!

View all Dubrovnik Apartments