Anchi Guesthouse & Apartments Reviews

Obala Ivana Pavla II 23, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Sweetest lady and perfect place

Very close from the bus station but very far from the old town. It depends which location you'd preffer. You have to use the bus to go to old town. It's almost impossible to walk to there(I did it once. Don't recommend). It's cheaper than other place but the room is huge, towel included, each dorm room has own small kitchen and toilet. The shower was not hot enough for me in winter time. Reception locates 2nd floor so you have to use stairs to check in.

its not like hostel. it was just like home staying. please clean and wash all things for it.

I booked here knowing it was close to the main bus station and my stay was what I expected based on the previous reviews. There wasn't much atmosphere though my stay wasn't during peak season. Would recommend if you're looking for a hostel close to the bus station.

very happy with our stay here. the lady who worked there was a delight!!! good kitchen facilities. bit of a walk to old town but a nice one 20 mins max :)

The family was so sweet!! More of a guest house than a hostel, but that is what I wanted. So close to bus and port. Short bus ride to old city. Great view of water across the road. Anchi was so sweet!! Really wanted to make sure every guest was enjoying themselves. Not a party hostel. Felt like home! I will be back for sure! Thank you!!

Nice host. Very helpful. But the place needs a bit of refurbishing.

Loved this place! As long as you know what you're getting into, you'll have a great time. Its a family home as well as a hostel, and feels lived in. Some people think it feels dirty, but it's perfectly sanitary. I had missed a bus out of town and just needed one extra night, so the location literally across the street from the main station was ideal for me!

The place is Ok with a good location near bus station. Clean and free towel.

Anna (Anchi) and her son were very pleasant, helpful and friendly hosts. Their home is lovely and the apartments have plenty of privacy and roominess. The outside back area feels secluded and peaceful. There are scenic hills and foliage abound. It feels like home away from home and not a typical hostel/dorm environment. Once accustomed to the transit service, which runs frequently on the main road, traveling to the old city of Dubrovnik is very straight-forward. I would definitely stay again !!

it is relaxing for me to stay there, i like the yard and balcony, as well as the kitchen. it is very near the main bus station, just go out station and cross the road, turn to the left and follow the road two minutes. the owner is very nice, she allowed me to stay until the afternoon, i feel very relaxed there.

I enjoyed Anchi Guesthouse. Be aware you go up two flights of stairs and it's the door on the LEFT that leads to reception. Booked the 4 bed dorm and it shares its apartment space (bathroom/kitchen/table) with a 2 bed room. So if all the beds are full you're sharing with 5 people, not 3. Bunks are metal and squeaky, and the door is noisy as well. The female owner was always thoughtful and polite, offering lots of places to see & information. Roommates, however, had issues with locking the door!!

I only stayed for one short night so I didn't get to experience the hostel fully, however it was right by the bus station which was perfect for me as I had an early flight and being so close to the bus station made my life easier.

Nice place, even though I wouldn't call it a hostel. It is more like staying in the guest room of the family, including the advantages and drawbacks.

Great location if you want to stay right by the main bus station! Super friendly staff, this hostel felt like I was staying in someone's home which was really comforting and nice. Probably a 20 minute bus from old town though!

This was a great guest house! It has more of a guest house feel than a hostel, but that being said there is a really nice common room area and garden where it's easy to meet people if you are travelling alone or the backpacker type. It's very close to the bus station and port and easy to get around to Old Town or to check out other spots. The owner is amazing though! A very sweet lady! The facilities are also very nice, big bathroom, nice kitchen! I would definitely stay here again!

Ana the owner is a wonderful lady who made me feel instantly welcome and gave me lots of advice on the city. The hostel is around a 10 min bus ride from old city as well as being close to ferry/bus terminals/beaches around the corner. Place was spotless and tidy, however shower head attachment was broken so you had to hold it by hand. The place draws a mixed crowd so defs no youth hostel but everyone was lovely but not great for meeting people as a solo traveller.

The most amazing time and the most amazing host! Thank you so much!

The hostel is really near the bus station (just turn right and you'll be there soon). Municipal buses drive very often to the old town, but it also takes just a nice walk by the coast to get there. The hostel is very good value for you money. It's actually more like apartments, than a hostel.

If I could move to Dubrovnik and live in Anchi Guesthouse with the wonderful host Ana... I would! My stay here was amazing. Ana is so kind and helpful, and the facilities are really great. The atmosphere is chill and is a nice break from the hectic tourism of the old town. Be prepared to walk half an hour or take a bus to the old town, but it is nice to see the city along the way. Really close to the bus station, ferry, grocery store and morning market. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5