Anchi Guesthouse & Apartments Reviews

Obala Ivana Pavla II 23, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Although only staying for one night we were made extremely welcome and given a very detailed guide of town. Right next to the port we were in the perfect location to jump on our early morning ferry too!

• 13th Sep 2014

The woman running the guest house was wonderful. Makes you feel like family. She even did laundry for free (wash AND dry :-)). There are no lockers. My stuff was fine, but that may be an issue for some. There no reception/security by the door and housemates kept doors unlocked/open, which I'm not a fan of. But the house is right on the main bus line and next to the kolodvor, which was convenient.

Ana is a lovely and kind host! Was a pleasure staying with her. It is an easy walk to the old town, and you have everything you need close by. Supermarket, bus station, port etc. will definitely be back soon!!

• 9th Sep 2014

Great price for a hostel in Dubrovnik. It's very close to the bus station so either a 30min walk to the old city or 5min on the bus (12 kuna when you buy from the newspaper stand). Restaurants in this area are cheaper. Some of the beds aren't even bunk beds. Wifi didn't work the 2 days I was there - I get the impression it's a common problem with their service provider. Kitchen was big, TV connects to USB for movies, staff is friendly. No security lockers but the dorm has it's own key.

Good location in the middle of old town. Place was more a apartment with rooms with a bunk bed. Nice sized shared bathroom. Wifi didn't work. I was given a backup wifi that didn't work either. House had a slight musky stale cigarette smoke smell to it. Had a tv with satellite in bedroom with a very good AC as well.

A family run business with a homey feeling. Very comfortable stay here :) Across the road from the bus stop which was great, but 30min walk into old town. Great value for money, clean and good cooking facilities! I cooked a meal and shared wine with some other travellers and it felt like housemates hanging out here.

We had a nice stay at Anchi Guesthouse. It was easy enough to walk or take the bus from the guesthouse to the old town. The beds were comfy and the apartment was nice. The only thing I would like to add would be a few more cooking utensils in the kitchen, ie a jug, larger fry pan, more knives and tea towels so people can dry their dishes.

Close to the bus station. Great staff. Great price. Easy 30min walk to city centre. Stay here.

Very very bad case of bed bugs in our apartment. We had bites all over our bodies and were refused any discount. Other than that, location and facilities are fine.

Very good hostel! it is a house with apartaments and we had a kitchen and bathroom just for our room. It is a little far from the old center, but really close to the main bus station and bus stops. I was with other girl friend and we had no problems with security. But there is no lockers in the room, so I think that should be something to keep values safe.

Really close to bus statin, so really convenient if you are catching a bus(or can't be bothered to carry a massive back pack around ), very helpful with advice and nice and friendly :)

Anchie is a very nice person to talk with. She gave us a lot of information and was very handful with us. We stayed there for a couple days and didn't regret our choice. We could easily take the bus to go to the Old city (around 5 minutes) or just walk for about 25 minutes. There's Konzum (supermarket) right in front of the appartmant and it's very easy to cook there! The only point I would add is that cleanless could be better in the kitchen and in the bathroom.

Perfact place to stay in Dubrovnik !!! I feel like my mom's house.

The family was so nice. I like them!

• 18th Aug 2014
  • China

Really friendly husband and wife running this guesthouse. Very helpful and good value for money.

Quite good accommodation with a very friendly and helpful host close to the central bus station.

The hostel was very near the ferry and bus station, it is very convenient if you arrive from the airport. There are some supermarkets nearby and you can cook (there is also a barbecue). There are very nice beaches nearby. You can reach the city center by bus or walking if you dont't mind walking for 30mins. The lady was very helpfull and she gives a lot of information about the city.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Ana was a great host. Really helpful and friendly. It's a little far from the Old City but super close from the Port and the Bus station. Good value for money though if you don't mind just a good bed and hot shower.

Family-owned hostel. Family is so helpful and so, so friendly. Each room is more like an apartment, which is nice, but the apartments could use updating. Bathrooms and kitchens were not very clean. Shower in my bathroom did not have a curtain. Hot water lasted less than 5 minutes. A/C is not in the bedrooms - it's in the common room attached to the bedroom, so rooms get extremely hot when people come in late and close the bedroom door.

Although this is quite close to the bus station, which is a big plus for arriving by bus, or going to the airport, I was not very impressed. The security was quite poor; all the doors were open, people from other apartments would just walk in, and there weren't any lockers to keep your things in. The only air conditioner was in the main room, so the bedrooms were quite warm unless you slept with the door open to the main room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4