Anchi Guesthouse & Apartments Reviews

Obala Ivana Pavla II 23, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Anna, the owner of the guesthouse is by far the best host that I have ever had! She did absolutely everything to make our stay in Dubrovnik amazing! She is warm, friendly, shares interesting stories and is such great company! The guesthouse is very comfortable, the beds are great, there are outlets to charge up everywhere, the place is very clean, there is a cozy backyard to have some nice food. It is literally a second home! Everything was immaculate! I love this place all because of Anna!

Nice staff speak basic English. the lady is great. The kitchen had everything but it didn't always work. Ants all over the kitchen, and toilet water went all over the floor when you flushed. Met nice people though. You can get the bus to old town for 30kuna day pass. Wasn't really an issue. 1 minute from the bus station and port! Which is awesome! With a giant supermarket next door

It was a distinctly average place to stay. It was not value for money, however by Dibrovnik standards the price was probably ok. We stayed in a private Room. Damp had obviously settled in the walls... Could see and smell it. The fan helped tho. Good bathroom, kitchenette with stove, sink and fridge, one saucepan, no kettle. Half the staff were quite nice. Great location right next to bus and ferry terminal. To the old town costs abt 15 kaunas.

A fine stay at this hostel. Far away but knew this when booking it. Not much atmosphere.

Very nice older lady who helps with everything ! From directions and busses to recommending good nearby restaurants and beaches ! Very good stay, would stay again.

Nice little family home type place. Location only average as it is far away from old town but ten mins on bus. I liked it as I wanted to be near bus station which it is over road from! Nice social living room/kitchen and owners leave you too it.

Lovely family run hostel - the nicest people run it always happy to help, great wifi, comfy beds and such clean bathrooms. Really good social kitchen and living room area. Would always recommend

This place was utterly terrible. We stayed in the garden room which frankly wouldn't have been fit for gardening equipment due to the damp. Even my hamster would have caught a cold in that room. We had to leave early because there was a free space in the local portaloo which we thought would smell nicer. The bed was super uncomfy. There are nicer rooms in Mordor

• 31st Aug 2015

This is a great hostel located about 10-15 minutes outside of the old town. However, this is not a problem because the bus station is very close and it only takes about 30 minutes to walk. The dorms are great, lots of room and very clean. I had a dorm with it's own kitchen and bathroom - very self contained. Ana is a lovely woman who makes sure everyone has everything they need. I would definitely recommend this hostel to others who are thinking of coming to dubrovnik.

good place to stay close to port to explore islands close to a big supermarket close to bus station 30 min walk to old tow.( it's a nice walk) or 5 min on the bus. easy going owners 2 kitchens aircon.

The staff's are so nice and it's very close to the main bus station.

Family hostel, run by a beautiful family. Perfect stay

We stayed in a double bed private room for one night. It was really near the port and only a short bus ride to the old city. Really quiet area at night so good for getting sleep. Only down side was that there wasn't any air conditioning in the bedrooms, only in the sitting room and kitchen so it did get really hot.

it is the second time I have stayed here and it never ceases to amaze me. It had been a year since I last stayed and some members of staff recognized me and were very friendly! this is how amazing this hostel is!

No hot water in the morning. Trash cans full when we got the rooms. We were asked to leave at 10am although the check out was at 11am. There was dirty dishes and someones stuff in the fridge.

The building itself is open to anyone, you only get a key to your own room - but then again it is only really secure if your roommates remember to close behind them ! And the lockers we had were only big enough to store a few valuables, not our bags. Otherwise it is a good hostel, the location near the bus station was perfect for us. The staff was very nice, the atmosphere OK. Cleanliness-wise it was a bit "rustic" and could use more bathrooms, but overall I would recommend this hostel.

Good location right next to traino. Lacking in atmosphere

A family running the hostel! Lovely lady and her son! The hostel is far away from the old town, which takes you around 30minutes walk, however, the price each night is waaaay cheaper than old town area as well as the food nearby (less touristic). Loved my stay here, they have a large bathroom as well. Moreover, there is actually next to the port side. Definitely recommend anyone to stay here again.

Very welcoming and helpful

• 8th Aug 2015

It was very close to the bus terminal which was nice for me. There are common areas it seems for each of the apartments so you dont really get to meet everyone. The owners and sons were extremely welcoming and nice though! :)

View all Dubrovnik Apartments