Ashoka Hostel Reviews

A Blk. Flr. 13, A4 Chung King Mansion, 36 - 44 Nat,Tsimshatsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Good hotel in the center of HK.

Toilet water flush on/off....small room n bathroom...slow cooling of aircon but thanks to electric fan...smelly blanket...elevator not accessible when going down sometimes due to full load... Good staff...accommodating n helpful...good location....

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Philippines

The cleanliness is bad. The environment is not clean. The bed sheet have stain. I've stay in a better and cheaper hostel. I believe they can do better.

My room is very clean, and wifi is excellent! Thank you.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Singapore

This is not a hostel, is more like a hotel, and is like 3 hotels with one reception. The pictures they show you on Hostel World are probably from the other rooms. The tap in the bathroom was broken, also, the room was not very clean and smell like food because people was cooking Indian food in the share room. When I arrived they said my booking was wrong and they didn’t have rooms, a problem with HostelWorld they said, but they manage to find me a bed. Jazmine, the lady at reception is very ver

Overall a fairly decent place to stay. The main reception was manned 24hrs so we felt very safe there. Would benefit from safe deposit box. Some small stains on sheets but has to be expected for the price I suppose. The room itself wasn't big enough to swing a cat, a toilet and shower combo/wet room did the job but nothing great. Excellent wifi throughout and hot running water. Overall no major complaints, value for money, you get what you pay for. Location fantastic, in the heart of TST.

• 8th Sep 2015

Had a good time at Ashoka! I was stuck in HK for over two weeks thanks to my Mainland employer's screwing up my visa, and the staff (especially Alex and Dennis) went above and beyond to help me with a million different things related to it. It's unfortunate they can't put more chairs in the lobby to make a comfortable place to hang out, but the two weeks that I was stuck there were still as painless as possible. And there's a minifridge full of beer out front!

• 30th Aug 2015