Ashoka Hostel Reviews

A Blk. Flr. 13, A4 Chung King Mansion, 36 - 44 Nat,Tsimshatsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

the bed was small, there were bugs in the room, staff were loud during the night, place is under construction still, people harass you outside the building

Dirty , small and uncomfortable rooms, a lot of pushy and dangerous-looking people

• 23rd Aug 2014

positive + room was clean + i didn't saw any cockroach + aircon was working + location negative - the pictures are irritating, i thought it's a backpackers hostel in which you can meet people. but the common area isn't a place to hang out, it's just a long table. - the hole building is kind of "interesting", especially the vendors at the basement

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. DO NOT stay here! It was absolutely infested with cockroaches! They were all over the bed every night we were there. couldnt get a good night's sleep, but staff didnt give a damn, they just handed me the RAID, NO APOLOGY! The woman at the desk was very rude when i checked out half an hour late, wanted to throw the RAID can at her face. I know its hongkong and you dont get much for your money but you expect basic cleanliness at least. AWFUL PLACE

• 12th Aug 2014

Although the hostel is very cheap for Hong Kong, I feel that I'd have been better off spending a little bit more money. The beds were very comfortable but there was no atmosphere whatsoever. The Chungking Mansions are very conveniently located but the lift service is very poor. Later in the evening, it sometimes took an hour or more to get from the ground floor to the hostel itself. I can't complain though, I've found that hostels in HK tend to be worse than their mainland counterparts.

• 11th Jul 2014

Aside from the queue at the elevator going to the hostel, everything else was a smooth experience from check-in to check-out. The common hallway was secured by CCTV and an automatic lock ensuring that no outsider had access. The room itself had a decent amount of space. Clean towels and a hygiene kits were provided. The television had good reception, the wifi speed was fast enough and its signal strong. The hostel was located a short walk away from the nearest MTR station making travel easy.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

The hostel was well run and the staff were friendly. The room I stayed in was comfortable although there were small cockroaches to be seen in the bathroom which was the one let down I had here. The location of the hostel is interesting - Chungking Mansions - although some people may not like it. It does feel somewhat dodgy however security is supposed to be tight enough to make the buildings safe. Yet I didn't enjoy leaving the hostel to be grabbed by people trying to sell things (some illegal).

The hostel is situated on several different parts of floors of a big mall infamous for high criminality rates. Rooms are extremely small. Access to the stairs requires queuing for up to 15 minutes to use the unique lift. The stuff requires a 5% additional charge if you wish to pay with card.

• 29th May 2014

This was the worst place I've ever been in my whole life. The room and the bathroom were very tiny but also very dirty. The sheets of your bed are not clean and the towel seemed to be white but it was grey. Also, there was not hot water and there were cockroaches in the room. Do not recommend it.

• 26th May 2014
  • Spain

I have chosen the hostel for its favorable location downtown in Hong Kong. The room they gave me was clean and renewed. The staff was very friendly with me. I can't complain at all and felt very welcome. ang

it's scam

2nd stay here, good value for money. Although pillows are a little hard and the A/C is too noisy to sleep with on.

The staff was very very nice. There were a few hiccups in regards to the room outlet not working, but they allowed me to charge my electronics at their front desk. They were extremely helpful at telling me the best places to shop, how to take the bus back to the airport, basically helping survive my first trip to Hong Kong. The rooms, single, are small but again this is a hostel not hotel. Overall, if I had to stay at a hostel again, it would be theirs.

• 8th May 2014

there was cockroaches in the room.

• 5th Apr 2014

The room was small but that was expected, as was the shady building. If you overlook the random strands of hair on the towels and the mold in the bathroom, the room was reasonably clean. The only major thing we had a problem with during our stay was the cockroaches. I wouldn't stay here for the atmosphere, but it was an okay spot to sleep in for a few hours between long days of touristing. The location of the hotel couldn't have been better.

• 5th Apr 2014