At Sveva Bed and Breakfast Reviews

Via Reitano, 26A, Catania, Sicily, Italy

the rooms were tidy and comfortable, but only one bathroom for the whole appartment made it quite difficult. Furthermore, the breakfast was disappointend and the owner didn't speak english.

• 11th Apr 2014

Nice place, but very small breakfast an no real kitchen

The B&B is a big flat owned by a family living in the floor upstairs. All the rooms (4 or 5) are at the right side of a very long corridor, the kitchen and the bathroom (only one) at the end of the corridor. So at the morning the life could be really complicated, if you need the bathroom you have to expect a long queue (as I had) and a big noise in the flat, because people walk in the long corridor. Last but not least, the breakfast is very poor and if you want to cook you have to give 5 euro

This place is magical. From the beautiful nativity decorations in the house of the owner (where the check inn is made) to the awesome antique -but clean and functional- furniture, that I cannot say enough how gorgeous is. And the lovely balconies on each room with a view to the castle. I never been to a place soooo clean, everything is sparkling. The rooms are also spacious. And the owner was nice, when we needed a bigger pan to cook, he found one (the place has a small kitchen)

Great host, great location, great value for money! Really recommend this hostel!

The hostel is adjoint with the family and the hosts were really helpful and kind.

Very durty and very difficult to find even you stay in front of the door- no signs , no reception , no elevator , after 20 minutes f tryinf to find anybody the man fron another appartment come and opeb the door . Shared bathroom - it is a room without lock on the door . And everything including room very dusty . I had a" delux " room which was a joke of course , promised internet never come . Awfull, the worst stay in my life . For breakfast was just can of instant cofee amd milk in the kitche

• 8th Nov 2013

Very friendly and helpfull owners. We got a cozy room with a great view. If I ever gonna go to Catania, I'll stay there for sure!

Actually, the couple that takes care of the place is very nice, but the people who were in the room next to mine had their stuff messed up with, not to mention that our room keys were the same and by the same I mean he could've easily entered my room! But other than that, the view on the room's balcony was beautiful, the location is good for those who don't mind walking. I'd avise working on the security matter.

There is no wi-fi in any of the rooms, however you get your own towel. It's run by a husband and wife couple who don't speak a word of english. They give you a map and then leave you alone. My mistake I booked one more night than I was able to stay. The owner, rather than giving me a hard time refunded me my money without any trouible. I visited during the off season, so I was the only person in the place for the majority of my stay. It's very close to the city center and the central market.

EXCELLENT PLACE! Amazing views of Etna, good people, lovely coffee, large room, XIII century castle just a few meters away... unforgettable moments! Come with your loved one!!!

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 31-40

My only complaint, there were no pots or pans to cook with in the guest kitchen. But we spoke with the owner and of course he was very nice and quickly got us whatever we needed. We very much enjoyed every minute of our stay! Thank you!

• 20th Oct 2013