At Sveva Bed and Breakfast Reviews

Via Reitano, 26A, Catania, Italy

It wasn't Bed & Braekfast, it was just Bed. The owner shown as a cupboard in the kitchen where we could find coffee and tea to prepare in the morning. We also received a bunch of little cakes, which were left for us in the kitchen ( cost 1euro for a pack of ten in the local market). Definitely not worth the money, had better breakfasts in hostels which didn't boast they offer any food at all!

Very nice hostel close to the major attractions and shopping area of Catania. The owners were very kind and helpful and kept the place clean.

good location...very good price. breakfast poor...but,if you want a buffet breakfasta pay like a premium hotel man!

The Sveva B&B was an excellent discovery. Right next to the castle and about a 5 minute walk from the Cathedral, it is in a fantastic location. The staff were very hospitable, kind and well-organized. My personal favorite thing about this place though is the absolutely gorgeous roof terrace that is open to guests. Its a lovely space to watch the sun setting over Catania and you have the company of two lovely cats. A fantastic deal.

I stayed for one night, for some or another reason I did not have any real breakfast nor anybody to whom I could have asked. Another thing I did not appreciate: the long unique corridor favours noise if guests do not respect the consign written everywhere, asking to be silent. The location is in the centre and athough not close to the stations, there is an interurban bus stop nearby, so it is quite OK.

i'm satisfied except the fact that all the staffs including the owner can't speak English.

They gave me a double room when I'd booked a single, which was fantastic! Little noisy at times but the staff were really helpful.

• 22nd Oct 2014

We had a private room so this might not reflect the experience in the dorms, but it was amazing! We had a balcony which overlooked the castle, and we could see over the rooftops of the old town all the way to Mt Etna. We shared a bathroom and kithen with two other rooms, both were sparkling clean. The breakfast was just packets of cake, but the cafe next door does coffee and a flaky pastry filled with ricotta for 3euro so no worries about starving in the morning. We loved our stay!

• 18th Oct 2014

A great location and big room but needs a little more effort at cleanliness

View all Catania Bed and Breakfasts