BackStage Hotel Reviews

Leidsegracht 114, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good location, weird set up...heaps of wanna be rock stars hanging out in our bar every night & out front of hostel. Really weird vibe. Showers now very clean & didn't feel safe leaving things in our private room.

Shower head needed fixing.

• 20th Jul 2015

Nice but be aware there's aa bar on the first floor.. So is noisy. Located closed to the museums. Small upstairs no elevator.

My stay at the Backstage Hotel was ok. It's in a great location and the facilities were very clean, however I really wish the atmosphere had been better. I stayed for 3 days and I hardly ever saw another guest. Also, I thought the hotel was a bit on the pricier side, but maybe that's just Amsterdam.

A few streets from the Leidseplein area this hotel is great for exploring Amsterdam. Charming hotel staff and lovely breakfasts. Stayed as a budget backpacking couple and would happily recommend and stay again.

Couldn't check in until 2pm, even though we booked to check in at 11am. We had to wait around until we could move into our room and freshen up until this time, and we arrived at 10.30am. The Man behind the reception desk was a little bit too relaxed that he seemed disorganised (giving us two different room numbers). But he was very friendly nonetheless, and he let us store our bags whilst we waited for our room (although the' bag storage' was in the kitchen next to barrels of beer).

Loved the hotel. The deco was chic and I really enjoyed my stay there. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel's location is really just a short walk from Leidseplein.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

Amazing stay! We had to switch hostels due to availability but we wish we could have stayed! Excellent!

It was a very enjoyable stay. Friendly people, excellent location. Very nice rooms. We certainely recommend this hotel to everyone looking for an enjoyable stay in Amsterdam.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Really nice staff. Our room was clean and not too small. The Location is really good, you can reach the city-center with the dam square as well as the museums by walk. The breakfast for 6,50 Euro was great.

Room was obviously not vacuumed for a while... Loved the room concept! Some of the staff were super friendly and helpful, others not at all. Really comftarble beds!!

We booked this hostel because it's ridiculously close to the 'Melkweg', a 30 second walk to be exact. But also very good connections with the other parts of the citycenter, tram stops nearby the hostel. Helpfull and friendly staff. Our room was on the basementfloor, which did not bother us at all. Very clean and nice room (the carpet wasn't mentioned on the website, I'm allergic so that's a little unfortunate). Thebathroom was very clean aswell. We really enjoyed our stay!

Great hostel. Although our room was extremely small, There was no space to put our bags. We were in a 5 bed room but would have been more suitable as a 3 bed room. Also, our bin was never emptied and it was clearly full. This is a minor complaint. Hostel is in a great location with shops and restaurants a quick walk away. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

Nice clean hostel, beautiful surrounds, happy friendly staff and cool looking rooms. Great value for a last minute booking, too! Thanks guys!!

The Backstage Hostel was INCREDIBLE! The décor suited my style and made me feel at home! The stairs were an absolute killer- especially when our private double with ensuite was on the top floor, but that would not deter me from staying here again; in fact, I plan to return! The rooms were decorated with the coolest touches, it was clean, and we had a great little view from our window.

Really cool vibes. The bar was beautiful. The staff was really helpful and connected me to a doctor when I needed one. They also helped us find a great music store. Definitely not a great place for people who like to go to bed early as there are music shows that happen in the bar area and we could hear it from our room, but that didn't bother us. They also let us leave our backpacks for a few hours in a back area after we checked out which was great.

The staff were helpful and friendly, they provided free fruit for all guests, which I thought was nice. Overall the stay was enjoyable and relaxed, which is exactly what you want from a hotel.

• 19th Feb 2014

Great Hostel! Loved the style and the atmosphere, very cool and comfortable room. I would stay here again when (not if!) I return to Amsterdam.

Really nice hotel with nice rooms. Staff was really good. The only bad thing is that ground rooms may be a bit noisy due to the bar being up, and the downstairs shared toilets are used by the people in the bar.

Carring suitcases to the fourth floor is a mission for hell.Is the narrowest and leanest stairway that I ever seen.Pizza tower is easiest to climb. On the bright side is a really good exercise and problaby will burn out all the fries and mayonnese calories. The room was dirty, small and dark.The ipod dock that they sell so proudly wasnt working. when I complained the staff told me: well sometimes things are broken! Wtf!? For 200 € a night, NO! A very cheap hoStel for an expensive price.

• 29th Dec 2013