BackStage Hotel Reviews

Leidsegracht 114, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We booked this hostel because it's ridiculously close to the 'Melkweg', a 30 second walk to be exact. But also very good connections with the other parts of the citycenter, tram stops nearby the hostel. Helpfull and friendly staff. Our room was on the basementfloor, which did not bother us at all. Very clean and nice room (the carpet wasn't mentioned on the website, I'm allergic so that's a little unfortunate). Thebathroom was very clean aswell. We really enjoyed our stay!

Great hostel. Although our room was extremely small, There was no space to put our bags. We were in a 5 bed room but would have been more suitable as a 3 bed room. Also, our bin was never emptied and it was clearly full. This is a minor complaint. Hostel is in a great location with shops and restaurants a quick walk away. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

The Backstage Hostel was INCREDIBLE! The décor suited my style and made me feel at home! The stairs were an absolute killer- especially when our private double with ensuite was on the top floor, but that would not deter me from staying here again; in fact, I plan to return! The rooms were decorated with the coolest touches, it was clean, and we had a great little view from our window.

Really cool vibes. The bar was beautiful. The staff was really helpful and connected me to a doctor when I needed one. They also helped us find a great music store. Definitely not a great place for people who like to go to bed early as there are music shows that happen in the bar area and we could hear it from our room, but that didn't bother us. They also let us leave our backpacks for a few hours in a back area after we checked out which was great.

The staff were helpful and friendly, they provided free fruit for all guests, which I thought was nice. Overall the stay was enjoyable and relaxed, which is exactly what you want from a hotel.

• 19th Feb 2014

Great Hostel! Loved the style and the atmosphere, very cool and comfortable room. I would stay here again when (not if!) I return to Amsterdam.

Really nice hotel with nice rooms. Staff was really good. The only bad thing is that ground rooms may be a bit noisy due to the bar being up, and the downstairs shared toilets are used by the people in the bar.

Carring suitcases to the fourth floor is a mission for hell.Is the narrowest and leanest stairway that I ever seen.Pizza tower is easiest to climb. On the bright side is a really good exercise and problaby will burn out all the fries and mayonnese calories. The room was dirty, small and dark.The ipod dock that they sell so proudly wasnt working. when I complained the staff told me: well sometimes things are broken! Wtf!? For 200 € a night, NO! A very cheap hoStel for an expensive price.

• 29th Dec 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back one day!

It's clean, quiet and lovely. I loved the atmosphere!

• 26th Nov 2013

The staff were really kind and helpful. Our 5 bed room was amazing, and location was perfect. Looking to come back in April, and staying here again!

• 22nd Nov 2013

Decent hotel in a central location. Was a fair pecht climbing those stairs to the 4th floor after drinking La Chouffe all day though.

Very cool facilities and bar-area downstairs. The stairs to the rooms were scary steep and with no lift they definitely presented a challenge. The best part of the hotel was the in-room A-Z list of activities, events, recommendations and hotel rules- so helpful and entertaining!

• 30th Sep 2013

This place by far exceeded our expectations. We stayed for 3 nights and had a private twin both nights with a shared bathroom. First off, every person that we spoke with on the staff was super friendly and helpful..they were all just great. The rooms were also very large and had a great design (drums as lights on the ceiling), vanity with lights to get ready and each room had a sink in it which was also very convenient The beds were comfortable as well. The hostel is in one of the best locations

The room was large and quiet (though we were there during the week) and the staff were incredibly thoughtful and attentive. We got a recommendation for a really great restaurant to celebrate a birthday. And they were generous and candid with all their recommendations. Would absolutely stay here again.

great hotel, lots of fun, stairs are quite steep but we were pre-warned! room and beds were v tidy and v. comfy.

Even after we checked out, the staff still went out of their way to be helpful. A++, would recommend again.

• 7th Aug 2013

Good place, minus the stairs

• 29th Jul 2013

good staff!

awesome place staff were so helpful beds were so comfy. absolutley loved it

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7