Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

This is a huge backpackers. the location is ok; 5-10 mins walk to a metro. there's a beer vending machine in the common room which is a plus.

Highly recommend for Kyoto. Hostel is a 10 min walk to the station where you can access the buses that navigate the city.

• 8th Dec 2014

it would be really great to add more wall hangers! Thank you!

• South Korea

Excellent hostel. Staff all speak english and are very helpful with tours. Feels like a hotel almost! Excellent facilities. A bit pricey for a twin room, but I guess its the location (level 6) and the privacy that costs more. Highly recommended. Next door has a breakfast buffet in the morning for about 680-700yen p/p

• 8th Dec 2014

Great hostel close to the train station! All of K's Hostels are of the highest standard.

Hostel facilities were ok. Two-three stations away from the Gion district and other main areas for food/drinks, it's about 25 minute walk. Not much atmosphere around the hostel.

Very Helful staff. Facilities are kept a high standard and the cafe next door allows for a great place to get breakfast.

it is a good place

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

This was the first time my family and I stayed in a backpackers hostel. It was a nice experience and really comfortable. The hostel was well maintained and clean. I don't know this happen in Japan only or hostels in other countries are kept to that standard too. Anyway, we enjoyed the stay and will be back in near future.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

It is conveniently located so I could easily get to all my sightseeing destinations using K's as my headquarters. The cafe downstairs is also a nice touch, especially the cheap all you can eat breakfast.

There are male staff members cleaning the bathroom all the time. Some younger travellers should learn to be considerate and should not just rely on the hardworking staff to clean up after them..

I loved how clean the bathrooms were. Very good design. And the security cards that allow you to enter both your room and the hostel. And very intuitive of them to be able to lend umbrellas during the rainy days.

The location was a bit to walk from Kyoto station and there are not many convenient stores nearby. Facilities and security are very good, and staff was helpful. Lockers for shoes, lift, numerous toilet and bath showers. Overall very good value.

Some of the staffs are friendly and helpful. And most of them speaks good english. I think the ventilation of double room and bathroom can be improved. The kitchen and common room are big enough for cooking and relaxation.

Nice staff, clean enivronment but need to improve the washing area. not 4 tap each floor

The hostel location is about 15 min walk from Kyoto station but it close to Shichijo station which is very convenient to travel between the hostel and Gion area. The room was as small as I expected. Shared areas like bathroom was very clean but quite crowded in the morning. Staffs were excellent and helpful.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

Great stay, loved the cafe next door too, although I bumped my head quite hard on the unusually low bunk bed in the room which hurt a lot!!

• 27th Nov 2014

This is my first time to stay at a hostel by myself. It's a safe and claen hostel for me. The staffs are helpful that they let me keep my backpack in their store room till night even I have check out. As my observation, many Taiwanese and Asian there. The atmosohere is cheerful there. I recommend you to cook by yourself, the kitchen is really clean and well. Overall, highly recommend this hostel.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

great common areas and terrace. not many restaurants nearby and 25 min walk from metro or downtown

It is best place for all. First it is very close to Kyoto station. You can just walk to this place. Second, There's staffs are really nice and cool. He recommend every thing about Kyoto and be nice. Third. There Facilities are perfectly Clean and nice. there are lots of shower room and very clean bed. If you want to travel around Kyoto. It is perfect choice for you to stay in here.

• 26th Nov 2014