Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Staff were very helpful and kind

• 28th Feb 2015

Staff were very welcoming friendly and helped me even when I needed a refund so I could spend my excess yen dollar they refunded me my money back on my card. Always happy and flexible to work around the guest. The hostel very quite though not a party atmosphere here very quite with little social activity.

thanks to your guest house, i can spend great time in kyoto. however, when i left the guest house, there was nobody in the front(lobby). so I can't get my deposit for locker key(1000yen). i want to get that money back.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Best hostel I've stayed in so far. Very good location within walking distance to Kyoto station. Dorm rooms have "lockers" that are huge but you have to bring your own lock. Very new and clean facilities. Good price, and friendly staff!

Very friendly staff at check in - with great food recommendations.

• 25th Feb 2015

I can't compliment this guesthouse more! The cleanliness, safety, facilities, staff...every single factor of K's house Kyoto is wonderful. I highly recommend this place. I would choose this hostel when I visit Kyoto again.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you for your hospitality. My daughter is satisfied, too. We were too tired to chat that night, but we want to enjoy mixing with others next time.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Nice staff. Goes location, 10 minute walk from Kyoto station. Clean hostel. Only negative thing: no atmosphere.

Excellent youth hostel, for a an excellent price, super clean, a great great staff, very friendly and can give a lot of advices... It's a very great place to stay !

• 23rd Feb 2015

I'm a repeat customer at K's House. I always love staying with them.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Another very good Ks hostel. Location is great and the standard is high - I felt this one lacked a little atmosphere due to the size. Very good hostel though.

better coffee, would be nice

I was kindly greeted by the busy staff the moment I walked in. They were INCREDIBLY helpful in providing maps and directions to everything I wanted to see with very limited time. The walking directions from Kyoto station were perfect and the overall location was central to public transportation. The rooms were clean and quiet. I also needed a towel and lock, which they had cheap. It was a wonderful stay overall!

Good western style hostel. Clean. Convenient location close to station, but few restaurants nearby. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Saying the staff was excellent isn't even enough, my boyfriend lost his passport through our travels and the staff at K's Kyoto made the necessary calls to track it down!!! Once it was found they were so helpful giving us options on how to retrieve the passport: We decided to go to the location & the staff members gave us detailed main train lines to switching to subway lines and the necessary walking directions once in town to get us exactly where we needed to retrieve the passport. FANTASTIC!!

• 19th Feb 2015

I didn't spend too much time in the hostel itself as I was out and about in the city, but when I was there I found it be both comfortable and full of interesting people. It was close to public transit and easy to navigate to and from, and the staff were welcoming and very helpful.

This Hostel is really Nice, gold location (10 min walking from Kyoto station). You van catch every train / bus / métro from there. The staff is very convenient and friendly. My second experience with k's house and it's still perfect. They have a all you can eat breakfast very well furnished. Just one thing, I should have rented a bike at the hostel to facilitate my visit. Thank you it was really nice to stay at your place.

• 17th Feb 2015

Great, loved it and loved the atmosphere.

Great place to stay when in Kyoto. Staff are very friendly and helpful, facilities are excellent and location is nice. I highly recommend K's House Kyoto.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

Good hostel, big and spacious dorms and common rooms, comfy beds and key cards. Close to train station, metro and bus system. Good cafe adjacent with buffet breakfast available until midday which is good!