Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Loved the living room. Spacious and very nice designed with a nice terrace. Friendly and helpful staff. Had a nice stay at the K'house. I like the wooden bunk beds as they make less noise as the metall ones when someone is moving.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better bed to lay your tired, backpack-bruised body. Honestly, it's like sleeping in a cloud, so comfy and warm that I was even willing to take the top bunk (which I normally hate). Plug points for every bed too for easy phone or laptop recharging. And the bathrooms! I normally enjoy a trip to the toilet anyway, but at K's House, they take things to the Next Level. Brilliant facilities and very sweet, helpful, chatty staff MADE my stay in Kyoto.

Great hostel with a smoking lounge disguised as a bar right at the ground floor. They should check the bicycles more often. Most of the rides they are renting for the day are death traps. And this is coming from someone who uses a bicycle a lot.

The front desk staff were incredibly helpful - giving directions, making dinner reservations, calling cabs for us, and giving recommendations of things to do. Good place to meet people and the hostel has a bar inside but it's definitely a more mellow vibe than other party hostels. The rooms were quite and place was clean. Highly recommend staying there. Close to main train station too and they have bikes you can rent.

• 5th May 2014

We had a great experience at K's House in Kyoto! The facilities were very clean and well-kept and then staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

• 5th May 2014

Had a great time - would recommend K's to anyone traveling to Kyoto!

Very nice hostel with convenient facilities and friendly staff.

Great place to stay. Would definitely go there again. Friendly, clean with great bathrooms, lounge and rooms.

Very clean. Helpful hostel staff.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Malaysia

Nothing to say, it was perfect for our first night in Kyoto.

• 2nd May 2014

Big hostel that has everything you need. The bike rental was very convenient.

Great location just a few minutes walk from Kyoto station. Very clean rooms and friendly staff. Very modern and would definitely recommend again.

I have stayed there three times, and if i go back to kyoto i shall stay there again thank you trevor

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at K's House. The shower rooms were great, with an area to keep your clothes dry, bathmats, and shampoo, conditioner and bath gel provided. The laundry room was handy (free detergent), bike rental, comfortable room. The Wi-Fi was temperamental, and there were a few families staying on the same floor as us with crying babies, which wasn't a problem, just wasn't expected! The breakfast was decent (you can do better elsewhere), however the mango slushies are divine!

Good for family.

• 29th Apr 2014

We stay in a lot of hostels in Asia and this is definitely my favorite so far. Definitely recocmended.

I enjoyed my stay, the staff were very helpful. An instant boiling water dispenser is great in hostels. Felt that the terrace off the lounge could be available from 07h00 to 23h00, instead of 08h00 to 22h00.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

Amazing! The receptionist ran outonto the street when i was lost to show me the way. loved it. very clean, happy people.

I came here with my friend and it was honestly the best holiday we've had! The hostel was a big part of our trip, the place was convenient and easy to get to and the staff were super nice and friendly. We made so many friends with travelers and staff in the short time we stayed and we would definitely go to a K's Hostel again. Thank you for making our Golden Week vacation a great one :)

• 26th Apr 2014

The staff are very helpful. Glad we stayed at K's House Kyoto.

• 26th Apr 2014