Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I had so noisy and loud a night that I couldn't sleep well. Some guests were laughting, talking, bullshitting all throgh the night in their rooms and the corridors. I recommend you create some regulations such as "Be quiiet after 10 pm" . I don't think being international means being free to do whatever you like whenever and wherever you like to do it. Thank you for your understanding.

I really liked the hostel, the staff is really helpful and really nice to talk to. The area is great and there are lots of things to do and see. ;)

Great room w/ en suite otherwise generic hostel with attached cafe/bar and slightly disinterested staff. Great base for exploring the city in terms of location.

Excellent place for young travelers! The position is perfect (near the subway station and bus stop). The room is very nice and clean. Good price for such terrific facilities.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • China
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very good... one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

15 mins walk form the Kyoto main station. There are bus stops near the hostel, it's easy to find buses to most of the tourist spots. The staff are friendly and they are able to communicate in English.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The ventilation in our room was "so so", and stinked a bit when we checked in, and only got worse the longer we stayed.

K's House Kyoto is a good hostel choice in Kyoto! It's near enough from Kyoto station but even nearer to the metro line that gets you to Gion, the river, and the shopping area. The staff is friendly, the place is clean, and they give out key cards to every guest. Each one is even given her own shoe locker! I stayed in a mixed dorm and each person is provided two electric plugs and a lamp. Though, one needs to bring a lock for her own locker. But overall, I had a good time at K's House Kyoto!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

This is my third time to stay K’s House Kyoto. I must say it isn't as good as my previously experience. I remembered they separated the shower room and toilet room for male and female. However, this time, they allowed male and female to using the same shower room and toilet room. I felt very inconvenience to see a guy in the shower room and toilet room. It seems they didn't clean the kitchen very often. Or I should say the visitors didn't clean up the tools or plates after they using them.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Staffs are friendly and nice! Good hostel but the only bad thing is stinky, I think that's the smell from carpet.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

On the whole me and my friends are very impressed by the cleanliness of Ks House and friendly, helpful attitude of all the staff. I would like to highlight that I was given a very small room at the end of 1st floor, much smaller than other rooms. Yet I was charged the same price as other bigger rooms in d same category. Also my 2 friends who stayed on ground floor complaint that the kitchen is too simple n small and not enough bathrooms. Suggestion: all floors should have access to lift.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Excellent place. Good rooms, showers, common area, laundry. The staff is very helpful and organised.

• 2nd Jun 2014

This was an excellent hostel, one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at (and I've been to quite a few). The facilities are great. There is a rooftop patio that is beautiful plus two great common rooms both of which also have patio spaces. They have bikes for rental and a restaurant. Rooms were clean and included lockers. The area was great and is within walking distance of the train station. It's also close to most of the main attractions in the city.

They have got the best lounge / communal space EVER. It's a whole floor, it's massive, it has beanbags, a kitchen, sofas, computers, everything you could possibly want. Perfect for meeting other travellers. The staff are lovely and very helpful. They have a superb food map of where to eat in the area. On the directions for getting there, they recommend you take the bus - it's very easy and by all means do this if you have heavy bags, but actually the walk is very easy too.

There are nice staffs, and I had a great time there.

• 31st May 2014
  • Taiwan

The map leading to the hostel lacks clarity. It took a while to find the location

Great location. The first impression I got when I walked in was that staff knew what they were doing. They attended to customers' needs and offered suggestions for places to go. Bathroom and rooms were very clean, lounge was a comfortable place to relax and have some cold water after a hot day (they have a fully equipped kitchen). My only complaint was that the Internet was very slow in the rooms, but was manageable. Great place. Would recommend!

Re: my cleanliness rating, this is a very clean hostel. The floors in the rooms area are carpeted, and as a result capture the odors of their more...pungent guests (I'm looking at you, fellow male travelers - you can't just wash your hair and think the [free, use as much as you like!] soap makes it all the way to your feet.)

• 28th May 2014

Overall we really enjoyed our stay, and would definitely recommend K's house to others. The only slight critique is that the room seemed a little like there was too much moisture. I know it's Japan, and it gets humid, and the room was on the first floor, but since my sister and I are sensitive to mold and have allergies, it felt a little musty, even though everything looked very clean.

• 27th May 2014

My friend were really pleased with our stay at K's House Kyoto. Staff very helpful, accommodation and facilities clean - a good experience all round! Thank you.

• 27th May 2014