Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I stayed in K's in the beginning of April 2014 and I must say that this was one of the best hostels I stayed in Japan. The staff is amazingly helpful. The rooms, facilities and bathrooms are unbelievably clean. Location is good, just a 15 minutes by walk from the train station and just a few minutes by walk to the nearest bus stop, which can take you anywhere around Kyoto. In the hostel you can find a board with recommendations where to go, what to try to eat, etc.

I really enjoyed my stay there, it's a nice hostel which is very organized. I highly commanded it!!

SO cosy, really nice stay. Thanks guys

Nice hostel with all amendities. I stayed in a 4p female dorm which resulted to be in the house just next to the 'original'. It lacked atmosphere (mainly families and couples somehow) but was very very clean with excellent bathrooms and kitchen. This annex also has a terrace where you can sit and e.g. smoke, but they close it at 22hrs sharp. The direct surroundings are not the prettiest but it's between the station and the main sightseeing areas so that was fine as well. Conclusion: recommended!

Really liked the Hostel, very modern and with all mod-cons. Great vibe and really helpful staff. Sound does carry a bit through the wall but everyone was really considerate about not making loads of noise when it got late so it didn't cause an issue. Nice and close to Kyoto station. Nice lounge area and good bar with cheap drinks and a decent buffet breakfast.

• 2nd Apr 2014

Probably the cleanest hostel (especially the toilets and shower rooms) I've ever stayed! The staff are very friendly and provided lots of suggestions about trip planning. The location is great too - just a short walk to the station.

• 2nd Apr 2014

the walk to the hostel quite far from Kyoto Station (around 10-15mins), but overall we enjoyed our stay in the hostel since there are so many friendly and helpful staffs, they also sell Kyoto Bus Passes in the front desk, and the room & bathrooms are very clean.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

Best guest house!!

Amazing facilites and excellent location. BUT, if you are looking for a more amused backpackery places, it is not this one. Boring and extremely calm, full of old people and families with little kids. Not the kind of backpacker place i look for. And they do nothing to gather people together, no pubcrawls, no walking tours, nothing. But if you just care for great facilities and security, this is your hostel. Staff should speak better english (except this guy Shin, he was great)

K's House Kyoto is the best! :)

Top notch hostel. Everything is very good; location, cleanliness, good staff. First hostel I've been to with a bathtub to soak in (on second floor). Plenty of showers on all the floors. Good common area. Only bad thing is it like an institutional environment, not that good for meeting people. But as far as a good place to stay for a reasonable place, very good.

Things is good....

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Good place. Not as small as the one in Tokyo, which I visited before this one. People sharing the room with you is always a gamble: you never know if they'll be respectful or not, which was not the case for me this time. The staff was really nice. On the website, there was no place on my second night, so I had to book somewhere else. They wrote me back a week before to ask me why I didn't book the second night, if it was a mistake since they had room on that night. Thanks for that!

Great place, not too far from the station so it's quite easy to find. The staff are really helpful. Also it's great if you want to leave your bags when you arrive in the morning, they'll store them until you check in.

Great place, friendly and helpful staff.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Excellent facilities, very comfortable beds, excellent showers-washrooms. Staff 10/10

I really enjoyed the time at k's house.Staffs were really nice,made me feel like home!The location is perfect,near the jr station ,and the quality of living is good,very clean,warm,and quite.Thank you so much k's house!!Next time if I back to Kyoto,you'll be my first choice!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Taiwan

I had good time in Japan on of the reason is because I stay at your hostel. Really nice staff n good location. easy to find n simple to go every where.

This place is excellent for backpackers. Good atmosphere, practise in transportation n very helpfull staff

Very helpful, competent and friendly staff, clean place. I had a great time there and can only recommend it.

• 21st Mar 2014