Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Nice hostel. Very big and busy. Good facilities. Really good location. Bar downstairs is nice for a quite drink but did not have much atmosphere. The breakfast buffet would be really good value for money if it was 500 yen. All in all it's pretty good.

I had an amazing time in K's house. I met lovely people from all around the world. The staff was young, friendly and very helpful. I could not ask for more.

Everything was great except that the wifi signal was quite weak.

• 25th May 2014
  • Singapore

Wi-fi at peak hours was not always working fine. Other than that, everything was perfect!

Good hostel. Private room are very small. Very clean. Nice rooftop terrace and nice common area. Easy to meet people at the bar next to the reception.

Not far from JR station, close to one of the metro station. About a 30 minute walk to the centre of town.

The location is near Kyoto station, the room is okay although the bunk-bed is a bit lower for people who sleep in down side.

• 25th May 2014
  • Indonesia

you are the best hostel for me!

• 24th May 2014
  • Japan

Really nice place, clean and nice staff. Could be closer to city centre, but that would increase prices. Free wifi, but not working too well in the rooms.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Sweden

I stayed here with my teenage daughter and was skeptical while booking...however my four days in the hostel were amazing, comfortable & economical and both me and my daughter enjoyed our stay.

• 23rd May 2014
  • India

Excellant staff, who had the answers for everyhting. Great location.

I now stayed twice and i really appreciate the place and mostly the people working there. Traveler my friend feel at home, could be their motto. However, the internet system is too weak for so many people, that is the main problem. And please, it could be nice to install hangers in toilettes and bathroom, common sense no?!

• 22nd May 2014
  • Switzerland

As with all the Ks hostels, absolutely perfect. The staff and the facilities could not be better. Would definately recommend and stay again.

Add more toilets so no toilet will be shared by male and female because the male's urine really stinks!

The staff were so friendly and helpful. Could have done with a little extra space for the suitcases in the double ensuite room but everything was perfert.

Very good hostel with clean good quality facilities with the benefits of a bar on site in order to meet people

Awesome Hostel. One of the best I've stayed in. I honestly wouldn't change a thing..... Except for the addition of a hottub on the roof!!!

The best hostel ever in japan!!! There are staff that can speak english very well but it's quite far from kyoto station:)

Very friendly and helpful staff! I got sick and they helped me get a doctor appoinment at a local hospital. They also gave me candies for my sore throat. The nicest people!

• 19th May 2014
  • Mexico

The shower rooms can do with better ventilation - it was very humid and difficult to dry off, it also smelt a bit like fungus. The toilets were always a bit sticky and smelled of urine.