Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Why isn't there green tea? Only breakfast tea.

Just wonderful; thank you!

We found it very easy to get around based on the location of our hostel - it was a great location for trains and buses. The staff was excellent about keeping the noise level down when some patrons had a little too much sake, ourselves included, but in the friendliest way possible. The little cafe immediately next door was fantastic for breakfasts but didn't have a ton of options for food... we were just never very interested in what they had to offer. Lots of options nearby though!

• 24th Apr 2015

Yhis is my 3nd time in this hostel it's Excellent place.

Staff are friendly and helpful. I was unable to a room for 2 nights. So i decided to book 2 different rooms for 2 nights. When i check in, i requested to stay in same rooms. The hostel staff was very helpful to help me to check. Thank you for your 100% good service!

Excellent all around.. Close to Kyoto train and bus station makes travelling around the city and beyond so convenient. Stayed here a couple of times and would again.

Great hostel

I had so much fun staying in this hostel and it's in a good location to get to the train station, underground and buses on foot. I would definitely stay here again.

This hostel is clean friendly and in a good location, I enjoyed my stay

I've stayed in K's House Kyoto before and loved it, so I decided to stay there again. it was just one night this time but I was very impressed with all aspects of the place. It was quiet in the bedrooms but there was a nice atmosphere in the common area. It's very central, and although you can't check into the room until 3, they do let you store your luggage until then.

• 17th Apr 2015

Great hostel! I like the style and all the information provided, very nice! All the facilities were good, like a safe for your shoes, lots of couches in the lounge etc. And it was very convinient that there was a cafe next to it, ideal for a good breakfast or a drink at night after a whole day in the city.

Very friendly staff and excellent location as well. Family friendly environment would recommend for anyone visiting Kyoto

We enjoyed aour stay at K's House Kyoto! Thank you so much for taking care of our luggage, you were really kind to us! Hope we can be there again soon! :)

Pretty good location (fairly close to Kyoto Station and Shichijo); Pretty good atmosphere for such a large hostel; LOVE the all you can eat bfast buffet (about $6 USD); my only real complaint is that the guest rooms were HOT. They have wall AC units, and I tried to adjust them temp, but could never seem to get it to cool off.

Wonderful place! The kitchen, the staff, the rooms, the bathroom, everything.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

The hostel is really big and therefore not ideal for solo-travelers. The rooms and the huge common area are nice though and if you are a talkative person you shouldn't have a problem to meet people. The staff is always busy and because of the many guests can't maintain a personal relationship to everyone. Next time I will go to a smaller, more private place. If you travel as a couple, or with friends I would definitely recommend this one. Minus point is the pretty expensive breakfast (buffet).

Staffs are very nice and helping minded.

My only problem was that someone took my umbrella, I left it ouside so that I wouldn't bring the drips in and when i got back the umbrella was gone. Perhaps there needs to be a second clearly labelled stand for non hostel umbrellas so they don't take personal umbrellas, it was very annoying as I got very wet and had to purchase another umbrella.

Staff speak English well and are helpful. Lots of information available. The hostel is located close enough to the train station and is on a bus route. Good, clean facilities. Private double room was very small, but most places are in Japan. Good value for money - probably as cheap as you will find. If you want to meet other travellers,it also looks good from that point of view. The bar is a nice place to hang out. If you are not staying in a traditional guest house,then I recommend this hostel.

Good location and a very busy hostel. Well equipped kitchen and laundry facilities. Staff were friendly and helpful and there was lots of useful information available.

• 12th Apr 2015