Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The wireless access at the block beside the reception block is poor. I am using my own wifi device to access internet.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

A bit far from Kyoto train station walk, but well worth the walk or taxi drive. Excellent services, but have to put your shoes off and into a locker. Since it is located in a neighborhood, must keep the conversation noise down especially after 11:00 pm at night. Very good Western breakfast at Yen 780/person, from 8:00 am until noon.

• 10th Nov 2014

4 Bed dorm was a little small, otherwise really friendly and helpful staff

We were disapointed when leaving our luggages before check-in time in the room not yet cleaned with blood in the bed. That affected our feeling of well-being in the room during our stay as there was no other room available.

• 8th Nov 2014

I stayed here three times. Situated in quiet area near Kyoto station and easy to find for foreign tourists . Staff can speak English, at least better than me! Rooms and bathroom are very clean. I checked in over 11 PM (usually check in time is untill 10 PM)b .But they didn't claim additional charge like other hostel in Kyoto. But this time, I could not sleep well because snore of the man next bed is tooooo loud! But this is not hostel's fault. Just a bad luck!

Kitchen wasn't too clean but the room and sheets were all good. Friendly helpful staff. Wifi wasn't great in the room but we were on the 5th floor so that might have been something to do with it.

Ks Kyoto was great. Clean, staff friendly and good location. Has a bar right next door that welcomed foreigners. We bought snacks at the local convenience store and rented movies to watch in the tv room. I loved the little things like being able to rent these movies and adapters. Great ramen place close by!!!

i booked private double room,the room is pretty small.quite far from kyoto station.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

Thank you for your warmful welcoming ! We hope to stay again at Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto in Kyoto ! we wish you the best! Family Quillasi

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

A bright and extraordinarily clean hostel. Huge common areas to cook and socialise. Great rooftop terrace with views over Kyoto (closes at 9pm though). Ideal location to explore Kyoto on foot or via the hostel bikes. We were there for their 11th anniversary and loved joining the party - good luck for the next 11 years!

its a nice stay , the facilities is pretty good

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Only hostel that I have been to that has a nice little bar to go along with it! Staff was very helpful and the atmosphere was nice for meeting other guests. A nice location close to the bullet train station and bus stops allows you to get to where you want to go in and around the city. It was also nice to have a comfy bed and clean sheets, while the bathrooms were the best out of the hostels I've stayed at in East Asia.

Staffs speaks excellent english. Location is accessible by bus, but a bit far from kyoto station for those who are not used to walking.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Philippines

Honestly I'm a bit up in the air about this hostel. It was nice and clean, with nice RFID card accesses. Below the beds were big boxes you could use to lock your stuff in, provided you had a padlock. The staff was friendly but not that great with English. The bar downstairs was overpriced for the small portions you got, though it did have good atmosphere. This place was 6 floors with many rooms and one bathroom per floor. It felt a bit cramped because of it. The location isn't great.

We appreciate the buffet breakfast for only 700++ yen only, though the place is limited to a number of persons who can enter the restaurant. Very clean facilities and the staff are very courteous. I highly recommend this place to others.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Philippines

It is very good hotel. I love it.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Thailand

Best hostel I've stayed at. Sooooo much nicer than the place I stayed at in Miyajima-guchi a couple of weeks back. Lovely, helpful, polite staff. Clean and pleasant rooms and facilities. Utterly first class.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

We had a lovely stayed at K's house Kyoto.The hotel near JR station only 10 minutes by walking. The room was so clean and more bigger than our expected that make us so comfortable. The staff are helpful and extremely friendly. All in all I like this hostel and will recommend to other people.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Direction instruction was not really clear and may lead confusion. Cleanliness in the room could be improved, a bit dusty for me. Overall it is a good place could recommend to friends and family. Perhaps the room rate could be cheaper as compare to one of the hostel in kyoto which is also worth staying for.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Great hostel! The staff were really friendly and helpful. Massive comfy lounge and big kitchen. It has a movie room which is great if you're at a loss of what to do in the evening and wanna chill out. The bar there was pretty nice. The only qualm I had was that my dorm had a pretty bad smell to it.