Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Clean, convenient and staff were very helpful. Would recommend :)

• 15th Sep 2014

We stayed in the little annex for 2 days. Hostel was good and pretty standard, staff was okay but a little quick to dismiss you and not overly friendly (gave us quick and short answers). The waitress in the associated cafe beside was the same or even worse.. very blunt and nonchalant, and the breakfast was really not worth it - don't get that. Otherwise everything else was good and they have computers for you to use for 1$/30min, which was useful.

Great hostel within easy walking distance of the station and the centre of town. Nice large communal area, good for meeting people.

It was kinda stuffy in the rooms, but had a great experience overall. There is a nice cafe / bar at the bottom and they have bike rentals. Staff was friendly as well.

Staff extremely helpful and went out of their way to assist me, multiple and great common areas for meeting people, excellent kitchens and free tea/coffee, very nice roof top terrace, great location and close to main transport, very clean.

You can't go wrong with the excellent reviews from thousands of travellers who have stayed with Kyoto K's House over the years. This is a western style hostel so there would not be any "Japanese feel" here. It's still my first choice of hostel in this area but for those seeking local stay experience, you have to search elsewhere.

Loved this place. As good of a hostel as you'll find: incredibly helpful staff, efficiently run, bar is somewhat pricy but an excellent night to meet travelers and start your evening. Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Highly recommend. I lost a pair of shorts and they made every effort to find them, even though I had checked out earlier in the day and already moved on to my next destination.

Great place to meet other travellers, especially at the bar. Some of the staff are friendly. The rooms are incredibly clean. The air con is great. Located 5 minutes walk to Kyoto station which is very good for day trips. Bicycle hire is incredibly handy. The toilets however smell of urine.

A wonderful gem of a hostel hidden away on one of the alleys of Kyoto. I've stayed in quite a few of the K's House brand of hostels around Japan and they've yet to disappoint. Friendly and helpful staff, clean, cool design, value for your dosh, it's all there really. Only negative is that one time the staff were having a delicious hot pot dinner in the kitchen and they didn't invite me! Of course I won't mark them down for it coz i'm very nice like that

Wish I'd more time to stay there. Excellent hostel! Amazing staff! Thank you so much!

This hostel is simply too popular. It's o Lonely Planet. But it's not worth the money compared to the hostels we stayed in Nagoya and Tokyo.

I had a great time at the K's house! Very clean, very good location, and very nice staff! I would definitely stay here again.

It's a good place to stay. However the sound of closing the door from other rooms are a little noisy.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

I really liked K's house in Kyoto. it was a great place to meet people and hang out with them. The location is quite good, you are very close to the train station.

A great place to stay and meet people! I enjoyed my time at K's House a lot!

My husband and I stayed in September 2014. The facilities were fine, it was definitely a larger hostel with a bit more of a party atmosphere than the other K's Houses we've stayed in. The staff were extremely helpful in finding our way around the city and booking events. Clean room and bathrooms. Definitely eat at the Korean BBQ place advertised on the wall. Our one major complaint was that the internet was really spotty, but admittedly we didn't go to the front desk to ask them to reset router.

We had a good time and the staff at K's are great but I don't think we got enough info about the hotels facilities upon arrival. Otherwise we had a great time i Kyoto.

Very clean

Awesome staff - very helpful!!

Just a brilliant hostel!! The staff and the facilities were perfect, and anyone considering staying in Kyoto should really consider staying here!!