Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The location of this hostel is take 10 minutes if you walk from kyoto station, but you can take from the traffic light near from this hostel. the room,pantry and dining room is good. But i'm not satisfied about the bathroom and shower, i stayed at the 2nd building and Each floor only have 2 bathroom, i stayed at 2nd floor and one of them is bath tub. Because of that, i'm always waiting to take a bath. The people before me always took a long time in the bath tub.

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Indonesia

Great experience. Clean, efficient, user friendly, good location, friendly & informative staff. Great space, common room, kitchen, rooftop patio, tv room ( Japanese only, unless you have dvd). No complaints :)

• 11th Nov 2015

Excellent facilities and very helpful staff. But to clinical for my taste and not a party hostel.

This is a well run hostel located very close to the Train Station in Kyoto. The area itself is very good and the hostel is clean and I really like the bar connected to the hostel. What I did not like was the rather charmless and somewhat arrogant reception staff. I think i delt with them only 3-4 times but every time they irritated me.When you leave a hotel/hostel you always ask yourself "would I return?". Probably not.

This place is very clean and everything looks new but the atmosphere here was more like a hotel than a backpacker hostel, very business like and quiet, not a lot of mingling between travelers.

Great place. Good location and staff were excellent. Cleanliness was one of th best I've seen in a hostel but the atmosphere was poor. Not many people wanting to hang out even with a bar in the lobby

we have enjoyed our stay. We stay in a private room, small but clean and confortable, good location, helpful staff. Everything was ok.

• Belgium
  • Couple, 41+

Came back for a second time after a year. Always have availability even during high season. Staff very helpful - special thanks to Michi, Taka and Shin!

• Taiwan

The hostel requires guest to take off their shoes before entering their premises. Yes, lockers are provided but they are not well ventilated. Hence, the stink smell circulatating around the reception area (the lockers are located just in front of the reception). I went during the raining days, so please imagine the terrible smell welcoming me everytime i enter the hostel. Staff wise, though speak good english, but can you at least put a smile on your face?

• Malaysia

Stayed 4 nights here - lovely and helpful staff that helped with all inquiries! Difficult to meet other travellers as the place was quite big.

Guiding the guest to all the facilities in detailed is important.

Generally the services and environment was satisfactory but the lady staff checking us in to K's house Kyoto was a bit disappointing. Personally feel that the lady staff could be more patient when dealing with guests and answering our enquiries. The rest of the staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable and easy access to the sharing bath room.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

Staff is able to speak english. Stayed in a 4 bed room - was ways to small. I am glad I didnt bring much luggage. Kitchen and terrasse are great! Good place to stay for backpackers. Even though it is annoying that you always habe to take off your shoes.

15 mins walk from Kyoto station. Nice, cosy and quiet environment. Very clean and well maintained.

Good hostel but big warning on the cleanliness of the bathrooms. They seems to be only washed once a day, but as they're used by lots of people, they would really need more : we found several times hairs in the lavatory, some left toothpaste and so on... This hostel should add another elevator if possible because only one for the whole building is quite not enough. Otherwise staff was very nice, kitchen was very big and usefull, internet connection was very good.

Overall is good. If have time to visit again, first choose is K's house kyoto

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Indonesia

The staff were so friendly and the rooms were clean and spacious! We stayed at a lot of K's house's after we stayed at this one as we were so impressed with the high standards at such cheap prices ! There's also a side bar on the hostel which is great and the bar staff are really nice! Overall, we loved this hostel!

I really enjoyed to bar/coffee shop next to the hostel. The hostel was only a ten minute walk from the trade station and the list of activities and restaurants in the lobby of the was informative.

My time spent in Kyoto was well complimented by a stay at the hostel. It is located in quite close proximity to the main station (although it can take a little while to find it as it is tucked quite out of the way!) and the staff, facilities and cleanliness were all of a great standard. As a base of operations for any tourist it comes recommended.

From the moment I began communicating with the staff at K's via email, they were warm and helpful! The staff speaks well and has all the information you need. It is a large place so I found that people tend to stick to their own groups but it is cozy and comfortable. They have a large lounge area and a full kitchen with refrigerator and stoves to cook and store food. Very clean place.