Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

On Saturday, one of the staff told us the nearest public bath which was closed on Saturdays. We walked there and it closed.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Everything was good except noise. I surely understand that travelers want to have chat with roommies until late hours, but all we should be little bit quite for others who wanna sleep in next room☺.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Theo hostel was great and the straff spoke excellent English. It's close to the station so it's a good choice if you want to do some side trips. Everything was clean, the room nice.

Really good place to stay.

Friendly and helpfull staff. Decent rooms and common areas, although the latter somewhat worn out. We stayed there for one night, group of 3, but wish we could have stayed longer. :-) We will definitely consider staying there if we go to Kyoto again. Close to central train station, less than 10 minutes walk.

nice staff, nice house.

This is a big, busy hostel near to the train station. A lot of the guests keep to themselves on their phone or computer in the living room, so it isnt such a good place if you want to meet people but nice otherwise. The guy on reception with the Spanish wife is excellent.

Better than hostel k tokyo and it is very near to the jr lines for easy travel to tourist hotspots.

I love K's house this is my second time staying with you guys and you are the best. Your staff are friendly,welcoming and all speak very good English. Thank you so much for the wonderful stay.

My second time staying at K's in Kyoto, have also stayed at the Mt Fuji and Hiroshima hostels which are just as good too. They're a great hostel and the common room is always lively. Rooms are clean and neat, bathrooms are shared but clean and individual cubicles. Its great value.

Everything was perfect. The staff was very kind and helpful. The location is fantastic, near the station (5 minutes).

awesome experience. cleanliness well maintained.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Friendly, good atmosphere, well set up, clean and modern.

• 2nd Oct 2014

K's House Kyoto is a good place for a short stay in Kyoto. The staff provides good service especially when my sister was not feeling well. My sister had a quiet place to rest.

I've been traveling between hostels every autumn for the past 8 years and this is one of the cleanest, most organized, and best equipped hostels I've ever enjoyed. Thank you!

Staff were patient and helpful, prompt in response (in my case it was when we asked for the reception's help to book a taxi).

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

I cannot praise this place highly enough, it is amazing value for money and as for the staff, absolutely faultless! !!!! I would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend it as a must stay! !

• 30th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

This hostel was well kept, the staff friendly and bilingual for those that haven`t yet learned `survival Nihon-go`, and the beds quite comfy. After a lot of mediocre hostels, it was nice to stay at one that was so clean.

As we stayed at old building furniture in living room quite old & room less space than new building. Lady Asian reception when check out was moody as she had to open luggage room two times not hospitality at all. I stayed ks house Takayama last October reception very friendly and speak well English.

Clean overall, though the communal men's toilet floor was splashed with pee. Rooms had a strong mildew smell but overall very comfortable.