Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I cannot recommend this hostel enough. This is not only the best hostel in Kyoto, but the best hostel in Japan! The common room is one whole floor, there is a great bar next door, and it is perfect for those travelers looking to easily meet others in the 18-35 age group. The rooms, bathrooms and toilets are extremely clean and have enough on every floor. Power points and light for each bunk bed. Staff speak English really well and are very knowledgable. This is the only place to stay in Kyoto!!!

Shower rooms and toilets seem not enough in each floor

Great place to stay but slightly far

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Austria

We enjoyed our stay at K's House Kyoto. The staff were friendly and spoke good English. Highly recommended.

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Thailand

Hi! I had another great stay at your hostel. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly and the rooms were nice.

• 17th Nov 2013

Huge hostel, with an on site pretty cool bar, huge common areas and kitchens etc. Not in the most picturesque part of the city, but easy to get to from the station, and had no problems finding my way to the sites of Kyoto. Was clean and clearly well run, almost more like a hotel than a regular hostel.

Excellent place! very clean and quite well placed

Good things: very helpful and warm staff who can speak English, harmonic atmosphere in the common space (it's like a study and leisure room in a University), complete facilities as well (including all kitchen necessities!), and it's easy to arrive from the Kyoto station. Suggestion: no shampoo or lotion provided.

Actually we expected a new towel for everyday , if possible. But backpacker means most of things are on their own, right? Haha.

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

Nice and friendly staff.

We loved it. Will recommend it to our friends. The bar next door is a great place to relax and enjoy good drinks and food. Thank you.

• 10th Nov 2013

far from kyoto station but near shichijo station bedroom ,shower and toilet are clean nice staff

I found that K's House Kyoto had excellent instructions for finding the place, and the staff were very friendly and provided excellent information. The connecting bar/restaurant was excellent and convenient as well. Overall, I had a great stay.

I enjoyed staying at this hostel. It's the second time I've stayed there while visiting Kyoto. The hostel is only a 10 minute walk from Kyoto Station and a five minute walk from the Shichijo station on the Keihan line. The rooms are comfortable and there is a locker under the bed to store stuff.

Big & comfortable common area, helpful staff. But if 1~2 more toilet on each floor, it will be better.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

Dryer on my floor was not working, that's the only problem I had, but easily worked around going to the other building to do laundry

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

so far so good like hotel.. but in my opinion not like home :(

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

The women owner was very nice. The bathrooms were clean which is always important yet I've come to expect that in Japan as the "norm" or "price of admission" everywhere. The beds were okay (two four person dorm rooms, one eight person dorm room, one private room). Space was really tight everywhere and the storage was minimal. My biggest grip about the hostel was the lack of any real common room to hangout with others and socialize. The place made me only want to sleep there and move on daily.

Really nice hostel, super clean and with a cafe next door for breaky or drinks!

Everything is great and good, value and clean hostel compared to those I stayed before. Staff able to speak english and good service. I'll come back for my next Kyoto trip. Location a bit far but as long as you get familiar of the bus system, it shouldn't be a problem. I have a doubt, for indoor slipper, for personal hygiene purpose, I would like to suggest use disposal one will be much better! Thank, K's house of Kyoto.