Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Just a brilliant hostel!! The staff and the facilities were perfect, and anyone considering staying in Kyoto should really consider staying here!!

Really nice hostel with an awesome view on the rooftop. Only problem was the water temperature when taking a shower. It was always too hot or too cold (first floor).

• 30th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This was the biggest hostel I have ever stayed in! The facilities were fantastic and the location was great. We stayed in a private double room and had no complaints. The staff was also very helpful. On top of all of that, it is in one of the greatest cities I have ever traveled to! I will definitely be staying there again!

The staff is really helpfull and kind . The location is good. The only tbing is, if you stay in biilding number 2, it doesn't have elevator. But staff helped us to carry our suitcase to 3rd floor.

The checking was great with very friendly and helpful. The room, very well, and also the showers, bathrooms and kitchen. And the convenient location, near to transportation and downtown Kyoto. All great.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Spain

It's really great, lots of nice people. Staff ready to help you at a moment notice. (Lost my bag in a bar and they helped me get it back). Really clean and quiet. The place to be in Kyoto

•Always I was felt cold, but showerroom was too hot. •Pee was dripping on the floor of the toilet usually.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Japan

どうもありがとう Next Time in Japan, I definitely look for a room in one of the K's House Hostels. The staff was very hepful to decide on many things during our stay. Where to eat, what is a good daytrip and so on.

• 22nd Aug 2014

A little bit far away from the Kyoto station. Insufficient toilets on each floor, need to boil the hot water each time when I need to drink some hot water but the problem is there is only two kettle in the kitchen. Each morning need to queue up for waiting the hot water.

K's hostel defs made my stay in Kyoto! The location is great and easy to find, well connected with the JR Kyoto station and various bus lines. Staff there are all super friendly and speak really good English. K's puts up lots of posters about upcoming events in Kyoto on their noticeboard and that's how I got to know about river rafting which I took on and spent a great day before I had to head back home! It was hella fun and I would definitely recommend my friends it!

You will se me again! Muhawhaw! ;)

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Finland

The room and service was excellent. The staff provided us all the information we needed. I would like to have more interactions with the staff and other guest. I felt I was in hotel than in youth hostel.

Great hostel, great staff. Good vibes.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

K's house was one of the best hostels I've stayed at in a couple of years travelling around.

This was my first stay in a hostel, and it was great!

• 19th Aug 2014

The best guest house to make friends and have good time ! The staff is very excellent ! And it is very cheap ! Enjoy !

• 18th Aug 2014

It's the biggest Hostel I've ever been. Six floors plus a beautiful terrace on the rooftop, where you can have a great view of Kyoto. The room is nice, and clean, and on each floor there's toilets and shower rooms enough for everyone. The lounge and the kitchen are huge, so you can have a meal, or just sit in there and talk to other travellers. And also there's a bar right on the next door, which is a very nice place to drink a good beer and get to know people from all around the world

• 18th Aug 2014

The location is good, but the atmosphere inside is just so so .

Staff were very friendly and happy to help, however no lockers only for shoes

This was an excellent hostel.  There was an incident and my lock was cut, but they made up for it and were very apologetic. One of the best hostels I have stayed in.