Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The hostel was really nice and comfy, just like normal in Japan. I've been to a few different k's houses because I live in Tokyo and they are always really friendly and helpful. Besides it being very hot like every summer it was a good small couple day trip.

• 23rd Jul 2014

-Private locker for shoes is unnecessary. Its all about hygiene as shoes may become smelly & bacteria may be generated in a completely enclosed compartment. -Slippers best to be open top type. -Roof top area can be further furnished with decor & plant.

This place I would love to recommend people. I feel like I stay in a hotel. It is opened for everyone include family or big groups. We are really enjoy spending time over there. I am sure another trip, I will choose K house branches to stay.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Thailand

I have never come across a hostel as nice as this one.

The best hostel I even stayed in.

This is our second stay at k's house and it was as good as our first! Staff were friendly and welcoming, recommended us places to eat and even helped with advice about visiting universal studios. We had a private room this time with our own bathroom which was clean and comfortable with good air conditioning (we visited in summer). Will be staying again on our next trip!

• 19th Jul 2014

room 307 doesn't smell good as the air-conditioner shout down, it smelled like sweat...but still acceptable actually

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

overall is great

Stayed here for 4 days and met lovely roommates from france and taiwan. Place is very clean and new. I will definitely stay here again in the future

K's house is located close to Shichijo Station (Keihan Line) and to Kyoto Station, but is far from Teramachi/Kawaramachi shopping area, Yasaka Shrine and Gion District. It is very clean, safe, great staff and close to bus/subway lines. They organize free events on Tuesdays such as origami, shodo and go (Japanese chess). Very good atmosphere

Excellent hostel, well run, good facilities. Really couldn't fault them.

This place was amazing. All the usual high standards of a k house hostel, easy accessible and a bar (coffee house) complements the lounge area perfectly. I lost everything at a festival but the fantastic staff helped me contact the police and find it all (without making me feel worse than I already did). They also went with me to translate my thanks and apology to the couple who found my bag.

This isn't just some hostel, this is an establishment! Basically like a hotel but with bunk beds. I really liked staying here, everything was nice and clean and it is very close to the train station.

Top hostel, clean, friendly staff, good facilities. Rooms were a little on the tight side and the windows had inadequate window furnishings, especially in the early morning sun. Other than that, very good.

Amazing place to stay, and definitely a place I will recommend. Standard is way higher than average hostle. Both for dorms and double rooms!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Room was to small. TV in the second building was never used because to was placed in an inconvient position.

Good location and easy to find using their map. Very clean, nice staff helping with all questions. Big lockers, bike rental, kitchen, nice atmosphere. Highly recommended!

The Internet was absolutely terrible. It was 100% unusable in the evenings. The rooms were tiny, and we only had ONE outlet. What is that, really? My husband and I had to plug my laptop in, set it to not go to sleep, and charge our phones and backup phone batteries using my laptop's USB port. It was unacceptable. The good thing was that the hostel was within a 10 minute walk of Kyoto Station and the Keihan Line.

it is 1month i have been. it was good remember that i could make the chance to return and change my routine. thank to your service.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I loved my stay at Ks House Kyoto! The hostel was clean, the dorms were spacious, the common areas were comfortable and allowed you to meet other travelers and chat, play games etc. The staff were super helpful! And there was sooo much information around reception on things to do, see and eat. All the recommendations are good. The Zen Cafe is average, not much to choose from but lots of eating place nearby anyways. Awesome baggage sized lockers under the beds! Would definitely stay again!