Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Ok dudes, great job running this hostel! I've been backpacking and traveling for over 7 years now and I can easily say this is one of the best hostels I've been at and thus far certainly the best in Japan. Keep it real!

Everything was pretty good in general, however we got ourselves a room that was dusty. Each time we spent our night, we sneezed, coughed and our noses were runny. We informed the staff and they re-cleaned the room and replaced the linen. It improved a lot but we still inhaled particles in our throats and noses, so we were not sure where it came from.

• 11th Apr 2015

Certainly one of the best place I stayed while traveling South Asia for 100 days. ( 32 different stays... ) Thanks. I'll certainly checkin on my next trip to Kyoto.

The hostel is very organized and the staff are incredibly helpful. Bus passes are sold at the hostel which is very convenient. In the dorms the lockers are massive and an elevator gives easy access with your bags. We also stayed in a private room which could definitely use more power outlets and was much less spacious than our dorms. Lots of common areas to hangout and meet people. Would definitely stay here again.

I can't recommend K's house hostels enough! This was my favourite of the 3 I stayed in. It is a big hostel with excellent facilities. So clean!!! The staff were great, very helpful and willing to give their time to help us plan out our days and let us know what train/buses to catch. The hostel has posters up with useful information about things going on in Kyoto which led to us going to a couple things we wouldn't have otherwise known about. Don't stay anywhere else - this hostel is the best!!!

I had a great stay and a good feeling in the hostel

• 11th Apr 2015

Excellent stay. The staff is very helpful, the space is cosy and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and many bathrooms each floor. Very nice lounge and friendly people who comes there. Very good location, between railway station, Gion and Kyoto centre. I will come back next year. Thank you!

Great location, an easy walk from Kyoto station. Staff were very friendly and helpful when we arrived. Having a cafe next door is very helpful and the buffet breakfast was good value and delicious. Bathrooms were very clean.

I absolutely love love love K's hostel. You guys are always so kind and so helpful, especially Shin. Thank you, guys. I'll definitely come back.

The room bed height is too short. But, the environment is clean and comfortable.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

As usual, great staff!

This was a great hostel that made my visit to Kyoto wonderful. I received perfect information to see the sights, excellent tips for local restaurants and the overall staff attitude and vibe was chilled yet professional. Very clean and comfy. This is also quite a busy hostel, but it has a cafe next-door and a small video/Tv room to relax in. Good beds, showers and warm water to refresh you from a day of sight-seeing. Very close to bus and train links.

Location is ok but not great. It's close to the station, but far from the hotspots (40min walk to Gion). Otherwise everything is pretty good, staff is always friendly and helpful. K's house is always a good choice, always convenient place to stay!

Helpful staff and convenient location

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great hostel with wonderful location, close to Kyoto station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have all the needed facilities including washing machine and dryer, even shoes dryer. Towels can be rented for additional fee. The rooms, bathrooms and toilets are very clean. Great place to stay.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Israel

good staff and fair price

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Excellent location close to the train station, perfect for day trips and for walking to Gion. Very sociable with good common room facilities.

All staff is quite attended to answer your questions, notice board is keeping update tourist information for current events.

Had two rooms for two nights each, second room had a very smelly bed that we could do nothing about...

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

A bit walking from Kyoto Station but you can find many interesting places on the way, like Sukiya for cheap and delicious meals, and that yummy snack of chicken cheese fries from Ministop. Incredibly helpful stafs, esp Shin-san and Yuki-san, they accomodated my inability of climbing the upper bunk bed by alternating me to other room with lower bunk bed and sent my heavy luggage through kuronekoyamato to tokyo (cost less than 1500 yen, 2 days delivery. Good bargain!). Will stay again. Thanks