Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

good, clean and comfortable stay! the rooms are quite small but I like the storage under the bunks. staff were friendly and helpful - but wasn't so keen on the menu being produced from behind the desk when asking about where to go for dinner..but that's fine! good bike hire too! cheap and a great way to get around!

While I definitely enjoyed my stay at Hostel K's House in Kyoto, as someone who is 5'10'', the beds were a little short for my liking, and meant that my sleep wasn't as restful as I'd hoped! my friend who I traveled with is 6' had the same problem. Surprisingly, we didn't have this problem in other hostels in Japan, just here. Everything else is fantastic and the staff speak English well and it's handy having a cafe and bar attached to the hostel!

Great place to stay. Very friendly staff. pointed out sites to see and how to get around. Met a few fellow travelers that we got to know and hang out with. If your looking for a cheaper place to stay and don't mind sharing a toilet/shower this is where you need to go! 5 stars

• 16th Jun 2014

Great hostel, the staff were really helpful and they had cheap bike rentals on-site. No breakfast included but you could buy it at their bar. Fantastic location.

Great hostel, close to Kyoto Station and everything else. Staff were very helpful and friendly, and the facilities are exactly what you'd hope for in a hostel. Highly recommended.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

its a nice and clean hostel, has many toilets & bathroom (no queue). location wise, it is quite deserted, far from subway station.

Fabulous, friendly, caring staff; very clean and quiet; shared unisex bathrooms a new experience for me however not a problem; there is an individual shower room accessible from the hall outside the larger shared wet area for those who are really concerned; appreciated the low cost internet; the view of the Kyoto Tower and city lights at night was great along with the cooler evening breeze on the rooftop deck; concern re: public access to areas above street level without room key control

• 14th Jun 2014

Great hostel! Very clean and friendly staff. The common rooms were also very spacious and open to meeting new people.

Not so near to kyoto station After whole days walking tour it is very tiring to walk the distance

I had so noisy and loud a night that I couldn't sleep well. Some guests were laughting, talking, bullshitting all throgh the night in their rooms and the corridors. I recommend you create some regulations such as "Be quiiet after 10 pm" . I don't think being international means being free to do whatever you like whenever and wherever you like to do it. Thank you for your understanding.

I really liked the hostel, the staff is really helpful and really nice to talk to. The area is great and there are lots of things to do and see. ;)

Great room w/ en suite otherwise generic hostel with attached cafe/bar and slightly disinterested staff. Great base for exploring the city in terms of location.

Excellent place for young travelers! The position is perfect (near the subway station and bus stop). The room is very nice and clean. Good price for such terrific facilities.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • China
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very good... one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

15 mins walk form the Kyoto main station. There are bus stops near the hostel, it's easy to find buses to most of the tourist spots. The staff are friendly and they are able to communicate in English.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The ventilation in our room was "so so", and stinked a bit when we checked in, and only got worse the longer we stayed.

K's House Kyoto is a good hostel choice in Kyoto! It's near enough from Kyoto station but even nearer to the metro line that gets you to Gion, the river, and the shopping area. The staff is friendly, the place is clean, and they give out key cards to every guest. Each one is even given her own shoe locker! I stayed in a mixed dorm and each person is provided two electric plugs and a lamp. Though, one needs to bring a lock for her own locker. But overall, I had a good time at K's House Kyoto!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

This is my third time to stay K’s House Kyoto. I must say it isn't as good as my previously experience. I remembered they separated the shower room and toilet room for male and female. However, this time, they allowed male and female to using the same shower room and toilet room. I felt very inconvenience to see a guy in the shower room and toilet room. It seems they didn't clean the kitchen very often. Or I should say the visitors didn't clean up the tools or plates after they using them.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Staffs are friendly and nice! Good hostel but the only bad thing is stinky, I think that's the smell from carpet.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

On the whole me and my friends are very impressed by the cleanliness of Ks House and friendly, helpful attitude of all the staff. I would like to highlight that I was given a very small room at the end of 1st floor, much smaller than other rooms. Yet I was charged the same price as other bigger rooms in d same category. Also my 2 friends who stayed on ground floor complaint that the kitchen is too simple n small and not enough bathrooms. Suggestion: all floors should have access to lift.

• 3rd Jun 2014