Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto Reviews

418 Nayachou, Shichijo-agaru, Dotemachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Facilities were clean and great, and staff were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely patronise K's House in the future.

The bicycles are too small to drive. The showers in the toilets should be warm. The Cabins for the Toilets are extremely small. All other things are hard to beat. I liked my stay and the Kind help with the booking. Thanks, Rainer

• 26th Oct 2014

The public open area is good, relax. Stuff is polite and helpful. Bicycle renting service is good, price is also reasonable. Just one thing, there had been one night and a group of people (say 10-15 people) came into the open area to play group game. They are noice and a bit annoying...... Other than that, everythings is good! I will definitely consider to accomodate there next time I go to Kyoto.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • hoiping
  • Hong Kong

Pros: Close to the station, bar attached and common area in hostel, clean

Second time staying there. And definitely will be coming back again. Love the new building & rooftop tho. Keep up the good work! :)

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Indonesia

Room space very small, location sligthly far from kyoto station (10min) But facility is very good, got shoe locker, and bicycle to rent We can cycle around kyoto is really fun.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Siewtheng
  • Malaysia

Very good value for money for travelers like my wife and I who always get out at the first light and get back quite late. The staffs are excellent, always ready to help. Check in/out is very easy. I checked out for 2 times quite early in the morning when no staff man the counter, just dropped the key cards in a slot and walkout. The common bathrooms are surprisingly clean. Good laundry and kitchen facility. Only setback is the room has a bit of smell which we kind of get used to eventually.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Thailand
  • Couple, 41+

Shower was broken and the walls were pretty thin. The staff was helpful, but they were clearly busy with a lot of travelers, so you never really got a chance to talk with them. Which brings up another point: way too busy. Too much of a business it felt like.

Very efficient hostel: secure, clean and well situated. But too big and too many foreigners for us. And also a very bad internet access (wifi didn't work during 3 consecutive nights and the internet access through computers wasn't working either therefore it was 100Y/30min). A bit desappointed.

I really enjoyed my stay at Kyoto's K's Hostel tremendously. Everything is easy and beautiful : great lounge, wonderful balcony, and a superb view from the roof terrace, very well located for an easy access for transportation, for some tourist sites or for a nice walk along the riverbank. Very friendly staff. Nice bar. Confortable beds and wonderful duvet blankets !

Very helpful staff. Great location, comfortable rooms/beds. Can borrow bikes from the place to wonder around Kyoto.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

it's a good choice for us in Kyoto!

• 19th Oct 2014
  • China

Decent spot near a JR station which is only a few stops from gion. Don't bother with the subway it's a long walk away and no cheaper than trains. Hostel was ok, it was clean and had everything you needed, although laundry facilties would have been good. Staff were friendly but there wasn't a great atmosphere

I've nee here before in 2012, coming back in 2014 I find that the place has maintained its high level of service and is good atmosphere. The room we had was small but the common rooms are very well equiped. If I would go back to Kyoto I would book again at K-hostel

• 17th Oct 2014

The location is quiet far from any train station, Can only be reached by bus... 15 mins walk from Kyoto station. The room are clean but the shared toilet are only ok. The male staff are very friendly other staff are ok. If you looking for a private room maybe pay a little more for somewhere closer to the station with better room. The people who stayed in the dorm looked very happy with the place though.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at, such friendly staff and great facilities, they have thought of everything a backpacker could need. I've stayed here twice now and it doesn't dissapoint.

Very good hostel

I stayed at two K's House Hostels during my trip to Japan and I think they may be my favourite hostels of all time (I've spent a combine total of more than 3 months staying in over 30 hostels). They have great shared facilities like living spaces, kitchens & bathrooms PLUS great storage and locker space in fantastic locations. The only thing they don't offer is breakfast (but they do offer free coffee & tea anytime).

Had every facility you could hope for, but 0 atmosphere. Wouldn't recommend to a solo traveler, very hard to meet other people, felt like a hotel.

Highly recommend to those looking for Value For Money accommodation. Its walking distance to Kyoto Train Station, Hostel is clean , well equip.