Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

Although this hostel is a wee bit out of the city the free shuttle that they offer to the train station is very helpful. The rooms were very basic and need updated but I suppose for the price they were ok. Breakfast was also basic altho will keep u going for a while in the morning.

My stay at the Backpackers hostel was a great. The staff was friendly and attentive to my needs when request was made for a service , the rooms are clean and the management treated me very well. This has been one of my best experience staying in a hostel . I also enjoyed the atmosphere I give backpacker 5 stars .Alden .

• 1st May 2014

Cool place, lots of room with a pool table and some cool common areas. Chris works there, he was cool as hell, definitely made me feel welcome at the hostel. Thanks Chris! See You in Dominican Republic, I expect a hat! :) haha

The entire staff was extremely welcoming, and genuine. Specifically Chris, the dude that drives a cab, the dude that chills in the pub watching sports, and the girl that gave me a ride to the station. I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

Staff were fantastic. It's not got a brilliant location, but that's offset by the free shuttle to and from the nearest station. Doesn't take long at all from there to get downtown. Kitchen isn't great, no good supermarkets particularly close by either. Nice to have a bar in the hostel, got a pool table there too. Showers were OK, rooms were definitely adequate. Free internet, and good internet was nice to have too.

Great hostel. The staff could not possibly be nicer or more helpful, everything was clean and well kept, and there were people from lots of different places staying. Breakfast not so hot, but you definitely get your money's worth otherwise. It's not the best location, but the shuttle service works great, and the train to downtown Boston is not bad at all. Great if you're driving.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Spain

The staff at this hostel are incredible! I would definitely stay here again.

A friendly but slightly rough around the edges hostel. Beds are basic and rooms could do with a bit of TLC. Basic toast and coffee provided in the morning. Location is poor - not much around. However a shuttle into town is provided periodically.

It was a great adventure , the stuff is ready for help you , the only problem is that is outside of Boston

I had a really great and enjoyable stay. There's a convenient and regular shuttle to go trains for downtown, and Chris was extremely helpful

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Morocco

this hostel is very nice, The inn keeper is a very nice guy. expecting to live there once more~

• 11th Apr 2014
  • China

At first the place looks grim and dodgy, but Chris and Bob win you over with their personality. All in all, it is a pretty down-to-earth Boston experience and you can meet some cool people there!

I really enjoyed my time in that hostel. It's not The prettiest Hostel i have Seen so far but The atmosphere was so Great. Especially Chris was very Kind and he tried all his best to make my Stay comfortable. It is nice that you can grab a Beer in The Pub and get to know The People.

Chris was a fantastic host at this establishment all weekend. Solomon and I were there for Pax east which requires late nights and early mornings. Chris helped us get in very late and assisted in making us comfortable all weekend. Really great place

• 10th Apr 2014

Great place to stay! Chris was very helpful and friendly!

Staff and traveller are very cool there. A place where you can have contact to the People.

• 5th Apr 2014

I had good time there compare to other hostels I will recommend to stay here

I really enjoyed my stay as a hosteler here. The room was not too crowded it was less noisy than other places I've stayed. The staff was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I did not meet any weird drunk people, just met other hostelers who were traveling like me. There were 2 tv.s with lots of channels, a pool table, and free coffee, toast, lockers, and computers. It was a little further away, but they have a shuttle to and from the train. Lots of stores within walking distance as well. A++

Chris and Bob were really nice and helpfull. They are both great people and they always made me feel like home. I came back to the same hostel becase I wanted to feel closer to the people that lives with me, like in Backpackers. Really nice place for those who want to actually meet people and talk to people during your trip, and Chris and Bob will always help you out with anything

While backpackers hostel and bar was value for money , it cud do wit sum upgrading, wifi didnt work in bedrooms, water wasnt always hot for showers and staff didnt wear uniforms.

we are happy you enjoyed the hostel and pub. the shower valve can be confusing at times but we are always ready to assist you