Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

Great help from ray and gus. Facilities are great. Overall had a fantastic stay.

• 9th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

Location leaves a bit to be desired. Helpful staff and free shuttle make it bearable. Place is a little run down but if you're not too fussy then you'll be fine.

The hostel is quite common but is ok. Not specially fun or beautiful but It is a correct place to stay some nights. The location is not excellent because you have to take a bus and the subway but the hostel organise a free shuttle which pick you up at the subway station and drive the guests in the other way about each 30 minutes.

This was my first time staying at a hostel and I had my reservations before I went. I was pleasantly surprised at the service offered. The rooms were cleaned everyday and staff were more than helpful. It felt like a family atmosphere. If the opportunity ever arises where I have to stay in a hostel in Boston, Backpackers Hostel & Pub will be my first choice.

• 4th Sep 2013

I was surprised to find out that this hostel was further out of Boston than expected. The only time I had contact with staff was at check in and when I was ordering something to eat (phone was free to use). The hostel was one long corridor. My room smelled of bleach and I didn't feel comfortable. The communal area had a bunch of people all on computers, iPads, iPhones and did not look sociable at all! Good aspect was the staff run shuttle from hostel to train station! Not the best/worst.

it was a great place, the only incident was my lost laptop, but anyway, I should have used the lockers.

This was my second time staying at backpackers, and first time in a dorm room! I found the staff to be friendly and helpful (even offering me a lift to Wellington Station outside the shuttle hours when I was running late!). Luggage storage is offered free of cost which was fantastic as I was flying late evening. There was never a shortage of hot water and even the other guests were all considerate to each other. There is a great social feel to the hostel, with a good location!

• 30th Aug 2013

I would like to make special mention of the shuttle driver..(sorry cant recall his name).. a cheerful, friendly person.... very good staff in general.. breakfast though simple, tasted good.. however accommodation was cramped..there should not be more than 6 beds in a dormitory..

Its based in Everett, not Boston but they do provide a shuttle to the nearest station so its not too bad. The staff and people were very friendly. At 55$ a night I wouldn't necessarily call it cheap but then again I guess Massachusetts is expensive. It was one of the cheapest place I could find.

Arrived early at 7am and was stuck outside the hostel. Another person was in the same predicament as me, we waited till 8.30 before we could get in. Bunk beds and rooms are old and dirty. No late night timing for those hanging out at the pool table area affecting lighter sleepers. Don't book with hostelworld.com, they charge fees and taxes which are non refundable even when u make changes to the booking. Call the hostel directly and see if you can make a direct reservation.

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Singapore

The location isn't the most convenient for visitors exploring central Boston. The shuttles to the T station are a nice gesture and fairly efficient when in service, but add an element of planning and time commitment to what should be a simple trip downtown. Otherwise, the staff is very friendly and responsive. The facilities are not lacking. Also, the several delicious Brazilian bakeries in the neighborhood (the urban "suburb" of Everett) help ease the pain of a less than ideal location.

I needed to book this hostel as there were only two choices left when i had to book this at late notice. totally not what i expected, all the staff and people are so friendly and helpful. it is a long way from the city but the shuttle to the train is easy and actually fun. the drivers are super nice and funny. They tell stories and give you tips. The staff go out of their way to help. the environment is very social and i made a lot of friend that i still keep in touch with. Its like a big family

Unreal. The staff

• 26th Aug 2013

Really pleased with the staff who were helpful and kind. The location didn't matter too much with the free shuttle the hostel provided which helped alot! All in all a great stay!

• 24th Aug 2013

Great atmosphere and felt safe (as long as I didn't wonder around the local neighbourhood alone). Staff were so friendly and ready to help with anything. Free shuttle to the train station was a mighty help and the staff allowed me to stay in the hostel until the evening on checkout day as my bus wasn't until 7pm. Would definitely recommend to a friend!

• 24th Aug 2013

Air mattress are hateful and the noise cause not sleeping because the noise.produced when the some person moves. .

Hostel was easy enough to get to. Make sure to get a CharlieCard at the metro station that way you can ride unlimited times on metro and busses throughout the city. Bus stops right in front of the hostel if the shuttle doesnt work out for you. Good hostel, hot showers, and friendly staff. Would stay there again.

• 23rd Aug 2013

Super clean hostel with plentiful clean, hot-water, showers. Friendly staff and sociable atmosphere. Nice clean kitchen to prepare shop-bought food. Not at all a central location in Downtown Boston, but with the free shuttle to the nearest subway station this isn't a problem. The staff were really kind to my friend and I, picking us up from the station after-hours twice.

The hostel is alittle bit out of the centre of Boston but they provide a free shuttle to and from the train which takes you anywhere you need to go. Breakfast is included and runs from 8-11, great for those wanting a lie in. The bar was a great bonus allowing for a nice chilled drink without even having to leave the hostel. The staff were wonderful, so helpful, gave us advice on what to do and tried their hardest to create a fun and relaxing envirnoment.

• 21st Aug 2013

Good place, I can fully recommend it!

• 21st Aug 2013