Backpackers San Pedro Reviews

Portal del Inca #486, Condeduque, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Is not as close to the main street of the village, but since it is a really small town you can get there in a 5 minutes walk, but it is in a dead end street, you need to get a map to arrive there first time. The bathroom is average, there's a really disgusting plastic rug inside the box of the shower near the room I stayed and the water was either cold or boiling, also, there was a rationing policy and in the early morning (which is pretty much the time you'll leave for most of the tours)...

It's a cute little hostel, but the major drawback was that most rooms, like ours, are located right next to the kitchens where people hang out and talk until late at night. Walls are paper thin, and even with ear plugs I could hear everything. When you want to sleep before 11pm or get up after 7am I'd say this proves to be a big annoyance.

• 29th Oct 2015

Nice and friendly workers at the desk, helpful when it comes to transport! When it comes to what to do other than the generic tours, not very resourceful. Place is ok, looks a bit run-down. Not a great room, but nothing necessarily bad about it. No water during the night so fill your water bottles up before going to bed if you are leaving for the geysers at 5 am. No water to be found on the way up to there either. Fine place, but a bit out of the way.

Overall enjoyed our stay. Maca, Charles, & staff were very friendly and helpful. Facilities could have been cleaner. Laundry services advertised were unavailable. Awesome outdoor common area. Nightly optional dinner was delicious, nightly bonfire was really fun as well. On site bar was a nice perk. Great area a little ways from the main streets-- less touristy and more affordable prices at restaurants. Wristband with local deals was a huge plus!

I loved the hostel. I stayed longer than I first booked. Great hostel live. Every day is a bonfire at the hostel and the staff cookes on some days. Very relaxed hostel. The staff was amazing and helped with everything. About 10min walking to the town center. On the way is the market where delicious fruits and vegetables can be bought. I definitely would stay again in the hostel.

A little sketchy, ok location. Only 6 lockers?! Good common area. Two kitchens were good, but the staff were always using one. They cooked their every meal in the tiny one, and since it was the closest to my dorm, it was kind of inconvenient. Staff is not the brightest; one took my payment for 2 nights but didn't keep my bed for the 2nd one, making me move to another dorm after one of my strenuous tours, so inconvenient, thanks. But I loved Charles. He's the best thing about this dim place.

Has a nice outside-area with hammocks, the rooms are very basic as are the showers. But if the warm water works it's ok. It's strictly forbidden to bring beer to the hostel because they are supposed to have a bar. But the bar is just open sometimes. So sometimes quite hard to enjoy a sundowner there :)

Almost broken shower(weak pressure and unable to control temperature), noisy night,(rooms are located beside kitchen, the kitchen is used all night, and many people were enjoying party during midnight, when shall I sleep?) As fatal point, a crazy dog lives outside this hostel. He tried to attack me 3 times during stay when I go out and come back. He jumped to me and tried to bite, but I could avoid and let him run away by shouting loud and swinging my baggage. Life is most priority, never stay!

Backpacker's was very affordable in San Pedro, which is an expensive place. It is a little outside the center, which is okay - it's a nice walk. It's close to the vegetable market, which is a plus. They have two kitchens, which is nice, but no microwave. The hot water works sometimes. The WIFI was awesome - very strong. It gets very cold at night and there are no areas beside the small rooms that feel warm - although the blankets were great.

Good little hostel. Rooms were quite small but plenty of showers, lots of hammocks and incredibly good internet! Staff were helpful too

1 2 Next » last »