Backpackers San Pedro Reviews

Portal del Inca #486, Condeduque, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Nice for a few days. The rooms are really tiny but the atmosphere in the hostal was good.we had a great time there.they have a pool :-) and of course hangmates. We had warm water and the bathrooms were clean. Negative was that they had problems with the internet connections. So it wasnt working for the hole day but maybe its an lokal problem

A little out of town (5-10 mins walk), but excellent staff and atmosphere. Booked several tours through hostel all of excellent quality and reasonably priced. Poor water pressure in showers (I think fairly typical for San Pedro) and only warm in the mornings. No included breakfast but good kitchen facilities. Rooms clean and warm at night.

Def the cleanest hostel I stayed in, staff cleaned the bathrooms multiple times a day. Didn't like the large amount of cats though walking around everywhere. Very practical that the hostel serves food every night if you don't feel like going out/cooking. Although kitchen was pretty well equipped.

Our stay was the best. The staff help us in everything. We appreciated the surrounding desert view (isn´t right in the center but are just 5 minutes away!). The night we arrived they prepared choripan (type of chorizo with bread, like typical chilean food they said) was completely free for all the hostel tourists, with games and free drinks also!! Thanks guys!. We´ll return!

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Cozy common areas; real backpacker feeling at hostel; at nights bar with fireplace

The location is a10min walk from the mainstreet, but for me it was fine, because San Pedro is a small village, there is light in the streets also and supermarkets very close by. The stuff is helpful, most of the speak english. The Cleanliness in the room is ok, in the storage for the luggage it needs a complete set up. The atmosphere is fine for younger travellers who wanna make party, because at the time i stayed there it was just too loud, especially when you go on a tour at 4am. Pool is good.

They have lot of cats that stay around the hostel.

Nice chilled out hostel. Male staff very helpful female staff not very helpful they did not seem to know what was happening with trips.

We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom, which was clean and comfortable. Main guy that worked there was excellent - gave us a welcome tour and map on arrival and was full of useful information. Generally a comfortable, hammocky type atmosphere. Breakfast ok. Showers cold but not a problem while in the desert. Easy walk into town.

This place is very disappointing! The owner is the worst. He was drinking alcohole with a few people from the hostel; when I approached him for a drink he became very rude and just turned his head and said "Noooo"!!! Interesting part, you can't bring your own drink in!!! Then the guy who makes the lousy egg sandwich served probably 5-6 people! I had to walk into the kitchen area and get into his face and say "uno pour favor"...then he annoyingly said "ahhha"!!!! Wow! There is more, no room her!

The only Hostel which wanted to limit how much we got for breakfast (one bread roll) but then they were nice and gave us more... And we had to wash our dishes after breakfast (personnel had nothing to do but stand around) but its just a hostel, so I dont mind.. still - the other hostels did this for us :-)

I really had a good time at the hostel, I liked a lot the coordination for the tours. The hostel is about 3 or 4 blocks from the down town of san pedro (it isn't so big, so it's ok), The only thing that I didn't like so much was that had to pass some dark streets coming back to the hostel, but nothing happened!!!. Other important point, the staff excellent, very friendly and helpful, special thanks to Camila, she was so nice and lovely :) I would go back again!!! Thanks, Richard

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Chile

Great hostel to stay at. The beds are very comfy!! Showers not brilliant but not so important. Great location if you don't want to be right in the centre of town, there are some amazing fruit markets nearby as well. Nice outdoor space although the loud music was a bit annoying throughout the day!

• 12th Feb 2014

The best part of the hostel was that I met lots of nice people there, but it's a little bit far from downtown and I bought things and put them with my name in the fridge and people ate it, that happened twice (and had never happened with me before). Staff is not really helpful.

Really good hostel, their are ckeaning more times a day, incredible. Only disturbing thing is that they need really lot of time to take care of things.

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Poland

It's quite far out of the main town area and hard to initially find. Beds were comfy and bathroom always clean. Internet slow, but it's to be expected in the middle of the desert. Staff very friendly and helpful. Book tours in town as you will save more money than booking through the hostel

• 30th Jan 2014

Very nice and clean hostel with super friendly& helpful staff. Just a bit out of the town-center (10min walk). The dorm-rooms next to the reception can be a bit noisy. Otherwise great hostel!

I loved this place but the fact there was no water for over 2days (including toilets) and stray cats trying to eat my food really started to grind on me after roughing it for so long. It's a bit hard to find but make sure you check out the map in the confirmation email before hand and you'll be sweet. Above all I really did enjoy my stay there.

PROS: fun, young atmosphere; bar sells drinks, cheap wine, etc; lots of people hanging out; TWO kitchens; lots of trip-planning options CONS: Cats EVERYWHERE (inside rooms/beds/kitchen), TERRIBLE location on the furthest possible end of town, many bathrooms but still not enough, bathrooms/rooms are barren (no shelves, racks). People joked it should be called "CATPackers" for good reason. Like everywhere in SP, wifi is slow, hot shower water is metered.

Very nice hostel! The only down part was the kitchen that had lots of flies and tours offered there were a bit more expensive than in town. Other than that, great staff, clean toilets and good atmosphere :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3