Barcelona Central Garden Reviews

C/ Roger de Lluria 41, Principal, Barcelona, Spain

A nice and clean hostel with a friendly staff. The rooms are nice and the common areas are good. WIFI throughout is excellent. It's nearby some restaurants and store and a short walk to the metro and Gran Via. It's worth the price and would most certainly stay here again.

Great hostel, and awesome staff! I loved the atmosphere of the place.

I loved my stay at Barcelona Central Garden. All of the staff were so friendly and welcoming. They went our of their way to make sure I had the best experience possible. Thank you so much! I will recommend BCG to all my friends.

Thank you very much! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be honored to host your friends in our hostel!! Best wishes, ale

A fantastic place to call home for 4 days. I was so happy to be here. Thank-you!

I had an excellent experience staying at this hostel! First I stayed in a large and comfortable shared room. When I went back with a friend, they kindly managed us to an incredible double room, with a private balcon. The hostel is super clean and secure, the facilities are excellent - lockers, a nice balcon to smokers, computers for guests anytime, free coffee -, and the best of all: the staff! They are all formidable people, always willing to help everyone in a genuine way! Gracias por todo!!

Thank you Barcelona Central Garden for a great stay! I have never stayed at a hostel before where the staff make an effort to learn your name, sit down with you just for a chat, ask how you are going or invite you to their table for a meal! Thanks for everything, will definitely be recommending you!

Fantastic hostel! Cant said its a hostel more like a home stay. The atmosphere was very good, the staff was very friendly and helpful!! They have a small kitchen but its was equipped with everything! We even cooked our noodle there. I cant thanks the manager enough because he helped us to book train tickets! Really a fantastic place, and if i come to Barcelona again, i would definitely stay here again! :)

Had the best time!! Such a homely vibe. Stayed 2 weeks, met some cool people and loved my stay. xx

The staff at BCG was awesome. They started with a 15+ minute orientation of the area at check-in, had suggestions for activities, were joking with people in the common room constantly, and generally were great. Then, when someone got pickpocketed, they helped call the airline for their return trip to convince someone to let the pickpocketed person fly without their passport and were wonderfully helpful. Follow the tips to prevent pickpockets in the email that they send before your arrival!

Great, friendly, super enthusiastic staff with useful advice! Thanks a lot! Excellent location! The toilet of the shared bathroom was sometimes a bit dirty, but that depends of the guests too of course.

Amazing hostel STAY HERE!! The staff is amazing so friendly. The best hostel I stayed in during my 3 month trip. Don't stay anywhere else this the the best. The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home. The hostel is very clean and tidy with excellent facilities. I will always stay here in the future.

Super friendly staff, comfortable vibe, clean rooms and plenty of toilets. Felt right at home as soon as I arrived. Not a party hostel but still easy to socialize. It's really close to local attractions, food, drink, and public transit. My only complaint is that my room smelled kind of weird: I think there was a septic pipe right outside our window or something.

Great hostel friendly people. I loved how they sat us down and let us know all the things to see and do. It was a great hostel. I cannot wait to visit again.

• 13th Nov 2014

Awesome place. Top shelf staff. Always willing to help you and go out of there way to do it too. Small cosy place, more like stayin t a friends appt which is good nice I have a beer on the deck but not a party hostel. One of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in. High recommend for a chilled out hostel.

Good clean hostel that's well located. Would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something central in Barcelona.

It was a great stay. I get some great tips on places to eat...made Barcelona a great mini vacation for me!!!!

Believe the hype: the staff and atmosphere really do set this place apart. The owners go out of their way to try and get travelers together based on ANYTHING they might have in common...as a solo traveler, this was a huge perk. The other hostelers I met there all seemed to have a great attitude. The patio was also nice if you want to share a bottle of wine with new friends and fellow travelers!

The BCG is a small, very familiar hostal with a really warming and friendly athmosphere. We had a really big room with two beds and a couch + small balkony. The bathrooms are new and clean. (only there was a strange smell in the corridor). There is also a really nice common room with a small kitchen where you can cook and store your food, there are computers and a couch to relax. And you have a nice terrasse to sit outside. Thanks also to the very friendly and helpful hosts. We enjoyed our stay!

• 27th Oct 2014

This was hands down the best hostel I've stayed at! The couple that run the hostel really made me feel comfortable and were beyond helpful! Every person gets at minimum half an hr orientation about the hostel, restaurants, area, architecture, history and how to get discounts and tickets. They organize group events every tues and thurs which was a lot of fun. They just overall care and aren't looking to get money out of you. Really clean and good location.

We received such a warm welcome that we booked an extra night pretty much straight away! We hadn't stayed anywhere where the hosts and staff give you such a full and amazing insight into their city upon arrival. They provide discount vouchers for several well known tourist spots around Barcelona and will happily point you in the direction of a great paella. The hostel organises evenings where guests go for an evening meal before heading to a Flamenco show. Will stay here time and time again.