Barcelona Central Garden Reviews

C/ Roger de Lluria 41, Principal, Barcelona, Spain

Thank you Barcelona Central Garden for a great stay! I have never stayed at a hostel before where the staff make an effort to learn your name, sit down with you just for a chat, ask how you are going or invite you to their table for a meal! Thanks for everything, will definitely be recommending you!

Fantastic hostel! Cant said its a hostel more like a home stay. The atmosphere was very good, the staff was very friendly and helpful!! They have a small kitchen but its was equipped with everything! We even cooked our noodle there. I cant thanks the manager enough because he helped us to book train tickets! Really a fantastic place, and if i come to Barcelona again, i would definitely stay here again! :)

Had the best time!! Such a homely vibe. Stayed 2 weeks, met some cool people and loved my stay. xx

The staff at BCG was awesome. They started with a 15+ minute orientation of the area at check-in, had suggestions for activities, were joking with people in the common room constantly, and generally were great. Then, when someone got pickpocketed, they helped call the airline for their return trip to convince someone to let the pickpocketed person fly without their passport and were wonderfully helpful. Follow the tips to prevent pickpockets in the email that they send before your arrival!

Great, friendly, super enthusiastic staff with useful advice! Thanks a lot! Excellent location! The toilet of the shared bathroom was sometimes a bit dirty, but that depends of the guests too of course.

Amazing hostel STAY HERE!! The staff is amazing so friendly. The best hostel I stayed in during my 3 month trip. Don't stay anywhere else this the the best. The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home. The hostel is very clean and tidy with excellent facilities. I will always stay here in the future.

Super friendly staff, comfortable vibe, clean rooms and plenty of toilets. Felt right at home as soon as I arrived. Not a party hostel but still easy to socialize. It's really close to local attractions, food, drink, and public transit. My only complaint is that my room smelled kind of weird: I think there was a septic pipe right outside our window or something.

Great hostel friendly people. I loved how they sat us down and let us know all the things to see and do. It was a great hostel. I cannot wait to visit again.

• 13th Nov 2014

It was a great stay. I get some great tips on places to eat...made Barcelona a great mini vacation for me!!!!

The BCG is a small, very familiar hostal with a really warming and friendly athmosphere. We had a really big room with two beds and a couch + small balkony. The bathrooms are new and clean. (only there was a strange smell in the corridor). There is also a really nice common room with a small kitchen where you can cook and store your food, there are computers and a couch to relax. And you have a nice terrasse to sit outside. Thanks also to the very friendly and helpful hosts. We enjoyed our stay!

• 27th Oct 2014

This was hands down the best hostel I've stayed at! The couple that run the hostel really made me feel comfortable and were beyond helpful! Every person gets at minimum half an hr orientation about the hostel, restaurants, area, architecture, history and how to get discounts and tickets. They organize group events every tues and thurs which was a lot of fun. They just overall care and aren't looking to get money out of you. Really clean and good location.

We received such a warm welcome that we booked an extra night pretty much straight away! We hadn't stayed anywhere where the hosts and staff give you such a full and amazing insight into their city upon arrival. They provide discount vouchers for several well known tourist spots around Barcelona and will happily point you in the direction of a great paella. The hostel organises evenings where guests go for an evening meal before heading to a Flamenco show. Will stay here time and time again.

Very welcoming staff. Our room was tiny for a private dorm however other guests we spoke to said their's were huge.

This was my first experience of staying in a hostel and what an amazing one it was. Couldn't fault it, met some great people!

• 11th Sep 2014

This was a super hostel. The staff are very knowledgeable about Barcelona and can recommend anything from good restaurants to good book shops. I enjoyed the homely atmosphere of the hostel.

Wonderful hostel with a home feel. The staff were fantastic and everything was so clean! They even folded our laundry! I was beyond impressed. Great location. Would stay here again

The staff was amazing, it is quite easy to reach and there are a lot of bus stops nearby aswell as a lot of restaurants and supermarkets. Maybe they could install lockers, although I felt really safe in the hostel. Everything is clean and the kitchen is really well equipped. Definitely recommendable!

BCG was the best hostel I stayed at during my time in Europe, I had the most amazing stay here and cannot recommend it enough. Located just a stones throw away from Placa Catalunya, Garcia, Gothic Quarter and all of Gaudi's master pieces - everyone who travels to Barcelona must stay at this hostel. The sweetest, kindest and most caring staff ever who provided us with an upgrade and allowed us to check in 4 hours early! Can not thank you enough for the most amazing experience! LOVE YOUR HOSTEL.

The staff were really nice, welcoming and friendly. The hostel has a very homely feel. Great for backpackers who aren't too rowdy.

Very good hostel. Nice structure, staff is friendly. Not a party hostel, but they set up activities so you can meet other people who are there.