Barcelona Central Garden Reviews

C/ Roger de Lluria 41, Principal, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

This hostel is just a travelers dream come true: Staff is always prepared for any kind of question and very warm and welcome. I have been to very few hostels in my lifetime that I felt so at home at.

• 16th Dec 2013

This hostel is a wonder. Amazing staff, amazing rooms, amazing place. I was sad to leave just because of how much I loved the people who ran and worked there. Not a party hostel but if you need a party hostel to find a party in Barcelona you're doing something wrong. Cheap place and they'll go or of th way to give you great suggestions around the city. GO TO PAELLA NIGHT! So much fun, thanks again guys. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in barca

Great location. Quiet streets but only a few blocks away to where it all happens in Barcelona and in walking distance. The couple that runs the place are really nice and so is the staff. Only hostel I have been at where the owners are there a fair amount of the time. They make a huge effort to see that visitors get to see the city. I've been to Barcelona before, so that was not as important, but it is a step above most hostels. I will return next time in Barcelona.

Excellent hostel. Great location, clean, the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, there's always an activity happening, and they make it very easy to meet the other travellers. Would definitely stay at BCG again.

Great central location. The staff were so friendly. When I come back to Barcelona I will def stay here again. Thank you

A lovely hostel with lovely people. Just the right size to make friends. Rooms were clean and bathrooms were very nice. They start your stay by sitting you down and mapping out the whole city for you. Recommended.

• 21st Nov 2013

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and took the time to show guests the main sights of Barcelona on the map, as well as in a scrapbook of photographs so everyone knew what the attractions actually were. There are activities organised throughout the week and the staff are happy to phone up and book other activities on guests' behalf. The hostel was clean and perfectly located. Everyone should stay at this hostel!

This hostel was wonderful! The staff is incredibly nice and helpful, and had great recommendations for restaurants and nearby attractions. The map and introduction that they provided was also really helpful. Everything was extremely clean and well appointed. The terrace is a nice place to sit and have a glass of wine in the evening, and our room even had its own balcony above the terrace. There are two kitchens with fridges and basic supplies, which really helps save money on food. Two thumbs up

• 12th Nov 2013

This was a great hostel. For any solo traveller's you must go here! While it's not a party hostel the activities (flamenco, paella and walking tours) are great fun and you meet some great people who are all travellers as well. The rooms are really clean and the staff are so helpful! Maria was amazing and made everyone in the hostel feel welcome and at home. I really cannot say enough about how great this hostel is except that you must go there! The walking tour was fantastic! Loved it!

This was our second time here in 9 months, the owners/staff remembered us and looked after us very well. We made good friends here given the friendly/community atmosphere and activities the owners run.

Loved our stay. The staff was very helpful and open with suggestions and recommendations. Only issue was that the water pressure had a whistle and woke us in the AM hours. Rooms could use some art on the walls ;-) We'll be back!

Got stuck in one room with this snoring guy, the girl at the reception made the effort to get me an empty room, how's that for going the extra mile?

The best stay I ever had in a hostel! The staff members are so welcoming and helpful. They took the time to give us advice about Barcelona. The hostel is very clean! The location is great! We had a great time in this hostel where everybody was very friendly. I will definitely go back there for my next trip to Barcelona!!!!

The staff is awesome and have great recomendations about show and restaurants.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!! This was like staying at a friend's house! Super clean, staff was soooo patient, helpful and knowledgeable about everything, great location, friendly people, comfortable matresses and clean duvet! BEST PLACE TO STAY IN BARCELONA.

This place was the end of my 5 week trip across Spain. It was an amazing hostel. The staff were all so sweet and the location great. I recommend them! Super clean, huge rooms, close to all transportation, great kitchen, beautiful outside patio. Couldn't be happier!

Very good place to stay: central, safe, clean and friendly, helpful staff. Highly recommended.

Great place and great staff, really helpful and free tea and coffee!! Thanks again definitely coming back again!

• 21st Oct 2013

Very nice staff and very helpful :)

• 19th Oct 2013