Baxpax Kreuzberg Hostel Reviews

Skalitzer Str. 104, 10997 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

I slept in Baxpax Kreuzberg for a week, I enjoyed very much, excellent location, most of the staff is really nice and helpful, the atmosphere is good and happy. Anyone looking for a cheap hostel in a good location with a young atmosphere, I would definitely recommend...

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Israel

My only issues with the hostel were the TERRIBLE wifi (but if you're staying there just to hang out with people and don't need to use the internet, that shouldn't matter!) and lack of safety boxes in the room. There were some safety boxes near the dorms, but you need to provide your own lock, which I didn't have. You also had to make your own bed and bring the sheets back to check out, but I didn't really mind that. Things that were good: the lobby and lounges are nice. You can rent a bike!

Usually as entering the hostel there is a prize which is shown how much you maximum pay for a night. In this hostel the prize was 8 Euros but once in hostel had to pay 2,50 for the linen. So it is only 2,50! It is but in India that means 235 Rupees and even the 20 Rupees has risen up a conversation. The water of the shower was cold and towel charged extra one Euros. Eventually the Carlos Nakai playing good with guitar rescues the review giving excellent ratings from security to facilities.

A good place to stay, quite close to nightlife places. There were few toilettes but always clean. There are lockers to use wich I found very useful

I've been there twice and the only thing that I really like about this hostel is its perfect location in the middle of Kreuzberg. The hostel is ok, although it's starting looking old (nothing has changed in 4 yrs, it just got older). The problem of this hostel is the staff. They aren't nice and look like they don't enjoy working there. Be aware that you'll have to pay for the sheets (smthg like 7€). You can find much better in Berlin.

great place to stay, really liked the place!

They need more bathrooms, there were only 2 for men and one was broken

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Great vibe!

Overall the fact that the lobby is a smoking enviornment really made me not want to stay at the hostel. I wanted to stay in the hostel the least amount of time as possible or else I would have a smell of smoke lingering around me all day.

Was not great to stay at this hostel because of the music in the hall. The intention of the hostel is being a youth hostel with parties everyday, but the building doesn't have the ideal acoustic for that. It was hard to sleep and rest since the music was very loud and we could listen it from the room. It was very annoying and I couldn't sleep because of the electronic music playing up to 7 am!!!

A bit grungy, but it's cheap and close to the tram. The atmosphere was good, lots of people were always hanging out in the lounge. The bar is nice, but the staff at the front desk could have been nicer. Overall, I would recommend if you don't mind dirty bathrooms and music all the time.

Many confussion with the rooms occupancy. Some times people in the lobby where too loud and could be heard in the dorms.

I was kept up until 4 am every night for people being loud and turning the lights on in the room not that this is the hostels fault. I found one girl at the front desk quite rude, the rooms were really dirty and the showers often went cold. Not somewhere I will be staying again if I come back to berlin.

Toilets seemed to be in a problematic condition all the time. The water from the kitchen tasted terrible, God alone knows why. Didn't understand why this hostel was priced the way it was for the kind of facilities that it offered (mentioned above + no free breakfast + funny Wif requiring separate login detail slips for different devices).

Loved it! Awsome staff and a rad atmosphere! Will be coming back for sure!

Had a great time over here! When just arrived had contact with the other visitors already, very relaxed and open atmosphere. Cooked dinner everyday in the kitchen over there. Slept in a big dorm room, people going in and out 24 hours because they have different rhythms and activities; although I haven't been annoyed by them at all.

Hello, I was already in Baypax Kreuzberg, last year. Again the shower, which temperature isn´t adjustable, was too hot. I got first grade burnings and complained at the reception. They told me the hot water system is changing by itself. But I experienced too hot showers in Baxpax Mitte, wich belogs to the same owner, as well. I speculate - it´s a way to save water and energy, by making the shower uncomfortable, that it isn´t a plesure to use it too long. The quality of this hostel gets lower.

• 26th Oct 2014

Great hostel, good vibes, Exallent location! the bathroom could be cleaner but it is still in German standard :) good music, not for those who like relaxing in silence. Great for socializing.

If you want to have your self esteem shattered into a million pieces, go have a chat with the ladies, oh sorry, devil spawn at the front desk. After all that when you retire to your bunk for a relaxing session of red-tube.... Internets down.

This hostel has such an awesome vibe! The staff are friendly and the price is great.