Baxpax Kreuzberg Hostel Reviews

Skalitzer Str. 104, 10997 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

This hostel isn't in the nicest part of town, and the atmosphere is different for sure. It's right beside the U-Bahn and about 5 stops from the city center (with a transfer). The facilities are pretty good, clean overall and they have lockers and a cool lobby/couch area. The wifi did not work in the rooms and wasn't working at all one of the days. For the price I paid it was a good hostel, but beware it will have character for sure, as does all of Berlin.

The staff did not know or care what they were doing, they didn't invite us in but stared blankly when we arrived, didn't show us on the map where to go or what would be best, and when asked if there is any good bars around got the response 'I don't know there are too many roads' they didn't say hello or acknowledge we were there, didn't invite us to any social activities, this sounds like nothing but it really ruined our stay, wouldn't go back here again.

• 14th Mar 2014

Very good quality-price relation! Very good atmosphere!

Everything's perfect except the weak WiFi connection

Had a awesome time at this hostel. Good for partying ! Staff were super friendly

The staff always willing to help with anything I needed. Quite a few people were longer term guests which was great because they knew their way around the city. The atmosphere was still good even though it was offseason. Don't leave ANY valuables around always keep locked up, even things like dirty ear phones can be stolen by other guests. (which mine were). My food got stolen from a tied marked plastic bag in the fridge so watch for those sneaky people. But otherwise the hostel itself is great!

• 19th Jan 2014

I was there in winter so maby that's why the atmosphere was so poor. The best thing is its location. Kreizburg is the most amazing neighborhood i've ever been. cheers.

As this was my first stay in a hostel i was abit apprehensive about it but i shouldnt have been the staff where very friendly and helped me out on the small things such as printing out my boarding pass and translating certain things. I would highly recommend this place. :)

• 10th Jan 2014

Stayed here for 2wks round New Years and met some amazing people and the staff were all brilliant though I found some of the rules they had to enforce a bit weird especially how you cannot bring in your own drink even though this is a hostel after all that said the location was fantastic. Baxpax is right at the heart of Berlin's most eccentric district with many great bars around the corner. The East Side Gallery, Berghain and Watergate are also only 5mins away aswell

It was a nice hostel, I missed however the possibility to take a breakfast. Also it's a bit nasty that they doubled the price for 4 nights because it was NYE. They could have included breakfast to compensate that a little bit.

The atmosphere in the lobby is great, hostel is in walking distance of most important clubs and it's in a zone full of bars and pubs and the metro is just in front. Overall a good experience.

very good value for money, I would stay here again

Baxpax was a great hostel for the money. Nice and clean, in the area of Berlin I wanted to be in and very close to public transportation for travel into central Berlin.

great location & atmosphere but most importantly; amazing staff!!! Thanks for the great stay, & especially to Ziggy- Pleasure meeting you =)

Good vibe Bru..

This hostel is tops. I had the best time here. Good vibes, staff are friends with everyone, I made good friends here. Very chill. Literally opposite the subway station. It´s in Kreuzberg, so if you don´t like grungy streets with underground bars and anarchist shops, don´t stay here. But it´s close to the craziest clubs and really interesting.

Our holiday was ruined by having all our cash (700 euros) and iphone stolen from our private room on our first day. The perpetrator was another guest who was caught red-handed in another hostel later that day. We spent the whole holiday traipsing across Berlin to various police stations to give statements and take part in ID parades. The cash was recovered but we were unable to get it back as we had not 'marked' our notes. Staff were kind and helpful but security poor. CCTV needed.

• 2nd Dec 2013

too much noise all night long coming from the main room

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Spain

It's sooo dirty...

• 6th Nov 2013

loved this hostel. very social and fun and definitely the best neighborhood to stay at in Berlin. shout out to Lev for being awesome!! would definitely recommend staying here.