Baxpax Kreuzberg Hostel Reviews

Skalitzer Str. 104, 10997 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

great place to stay, really liked the place!

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Finland

They need more bathrooms, there were only 2 for men and one was broken

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Great vibe!

Overall the fact that the lobby is a smoking enviornment really made me not want to stay at the hostel. I wanted to stay in the hostel the least amount of time as possible or else I would have a smell of smoke lingering around me all day.

A bit grungy, but it's cheap and close to the tram. The atmosphere was good, lots of people were always hanging out in the lounge. The bar is nice, but the staff at the front desk could have been nicer. Overall, I would recommend if you don't mind dirty bathrooms and music all the time.

Many confussion with the rooms occupancy. Some times people in the lobby where too loud and could be heard in the dorms.

I was kept up until 4 am every night for people being loud and turning the lights on in the room not that this is the hostels fault. I found one girl at the front desk quite rude, the rooms were really dirty and the showers often went cold. Not somewhere I will be staying again if I come back to berlin.

Toilets seemed to be in a problematic condition all the time. The water from the kitchen tasted terrible, God alone knows why. Didn't understand why this hostel was priced the way it was for the kind of facilities that it offered (mentioned above + no free breakfast + funny Wif requiring separate login detail slips for different devices).

Loved it! Awsome staff and a rad atmosphere! Will be coming back for sure!

Hello, I was already in Baypax Kreuzberg, last year. Again the shower, which temperature isn´t adjustable, was too hot. I got first grade burnings and complained at the reception. They told me the hot water system is changing by itself. But I experienced too hot showers in Baxpax Mitte, wich belogs to the same owner, as well. I speculate - it´s a way to save water and energy, by making the shower uncomfortable, that it isn´t a plesure to use it too long. The quality of this hostel gets lower.

• 26th Oct 2014

Great hostel, good vibes, Exallent location! the bathroom could be cleaner but it is still in German standard :) good music, not for those who like relaxing in silence. Great for socializing.

If you want to have your self esteem shattered into a million pieces, go have a chat with the ladies, oh sorry, devil spawn at the front desk. After all that when you retire to your bunk for a relaxing session of red-tube.... Internets down.

This hostel has such an awesome vibe! The staff are friendly and the price is great.

Hostel was good, nice place to come back to when you're peaking duck. Only thing is they need to have more staff working the reception desk. Longest it's taken me to check into a hostel in two years of backpacking. Theres a bunch of guys across the road operating stalls that sell okayish disco biscuits, a local speciality thats certainly worth trying whilst in Berlin.

Perfect for solo travellers. Staff are incredible and super helpful, really good vibes would definitely go there again. Everyone I meet extended there stay

• 4th Oct 2014

I chose to stay here as a solo traveller cause it looked like a social/party hostel. It delivered, I met heaps of people and had two great nights out with them. There is a bar area with pool table that's really social. The location was okay, about 20 min trains from Brandenburg gate area and same to bus station but this didn't negatively affect my stay. Staff weren't overly friendly but weren't rude either. Not as many powerpoints as needed for a 16 bed dorm. All in all excellent stay though!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Worth the money it cost, and the rooms were nice enough. I won't rave about it, but there was nothing wrong with it either.

We loved this hostel, the atmosphere was great, very friendly service, totally recommended. To say something negative, it could be a little far from the city center but you have the trams just in front of the hostel, so it's not a problem. Thank you baxpax hostel!

The hostel was very equipped, it had a kitchen and nice bathrooms and bedrooms. For me, the only problem was the bad reception. The guy in the reception was kind of rude and intolerant

I recommend this hostel if u have plenty time to kill. I waited 45 minutes to check in because there was only 1 employee working at the reception desk. While I was waiting a huge lineup built behind me. Everyone has to wait, to check in or out, to get a towel, ask a question, grab a drink, whatever u need. All day there is only 1 person working the desk. I don't recommend the hostel to non-smokers. People smoke in the stairway and lobby becomes smoking area in the evening.

• 22nd Sep 2014