Blanco Beach Bar

7.8
Very Good 1562 Total Reviews

18th Apr 2017
5.1

The first night my running shoes went missing after staff advised that we leave our shoes outside to avoid sand in the room (least of your issues at this hostel). Several hours later my runners and one of my sandals was gone. The staff took 3 days to check the camera's which were inconclusive. I knew they were taking me for a ride and was certain they wouldn't compensate me for my $150 running shoes. I found my shoes on the roof..they also gave my friend's passport to the wrong person. Dumb.

• USA, Male, 31-40
15th Apr 2017
4.6

The bad: The place is filthy. They do these weird "bed checks" that woke me numerous times, as if it isn't hard enough to sleep with a bass speaker right next to the room. One of the times, the guy stood there peering for way to long, until I told him to gtfo... Creepy. Your locker wont fit a standard laptop, much less a pack. Drinks are pretty pricey at the bar (same as a resort). They keep your passport, which I find annoying. Good: Bar staff was awesome. Location is decent.

• USA, Male, 18-24
14th Apr 2017

Blanco is the coolest hostel I have stayed at. It's right on the beach in the heart of the action and the parties are awesome. The staff is also great and check-in/check-out was too easy. Only negative is the facilities aren't the cleanest and the rooms are really just for sleeping but it's a party hostel so what do you expect. If I came back to Phi Phi I'd stay here again no question

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
13th Apr 2017

Owner man was very rude and incentive to my friend when we were staying here, all other staff where great though

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Apr 2017
6.6

Unfortunately, I had my phone stolen as I slept here. The staff were very helpful the next morning and let me watch the CCTV which saw this unfold! They helped get the police and gave me a full refund too. They've also said they'll keep in touch and send it on if it turns up too!! Make sure you and your roommates lock the door... we locked it but as my roommates got back from a night out they unfortunately didn't! Great hostel and atmosphere otherwise, we just had a bad stay I think!

3.7

Jack at the bar was the only redeeming quality about this place. Yes, it is a party hostel, but that doesn't mean they should offer bad service in all other respects. At 3 in the morning I noticed water running under the door. When I stepped out of bed there was at least 3cm of water in the room. Everyone's bags were wet. I told the front desk and not much was done. I had to climb the water tank near my room and turn pff the overflowing tank. They still didnt care when i told them again in th AM

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
6.6

The walls do genuinely shake in the bedrooms until 2/3pm with loud edm music. So depending on whether you want to party that could be good or bad. It's about a 10 minute walk from the pier. There were little ant/bugs in the room and when we told the reception when we left they didn't do anything about it.

• India, Mixed Group, 18-24
12th Apr 2017

Great place! The hostel staff treats you very well and is super friendly. The beach party at Blanco's is awesome only if you don't plan to sleep in your dorm while the music roars outside.

10th Apr 2017

Very friendly and helpful staff that cares about outstanding customer service. Great location for the party scene, do not come here a for a quite night.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
10th Apr 2017

The boat cruise was insanely fun! Such a cool location right on the beach. Staff was tons of fun. Definitely a party hostel, loud until late night, bathrooms somewhat dirty/clogged toilets