Blanco Beach Bar Reviews

Loh Dalam Bay, Mu 7, Ao Nang, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

Best party hostel ever! If ur traveling alone and want to meet amazing fun crazy people..you must stay here! Warning tho: it is a PARTY hostel !!! :) stay here if you want to party till early morning!

• 14th Nov 2014

I never write reviews, but god damn, this place is epic!!! Some previous reviews i read before arriving conserned me a little, but later on found to be a complete joke as I was given my own personal key, a padlock for the new lockers inside my room

Definately a party hostel. If you don't mind sleeping in beds with coachroaches then this place is for you! Cheap for a room essentially on the beach, with a bar on the beach. They put my friend in a bed that was taken so we frequently went back to the room to find her stuff thrown everywhere. We though someone was looking for stuff to steal. It wasn't until we came home at 2am to find someone getting at it in her bed that we realised what had happened. We swifty moved hostels the next day!

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Hi Jenny! Thanks for the review. Firstly let me apologize on behalf of Blanco's on your stay with us. But in saying that let us point out a few things regarding your review. Our room's are cleaned frequently by our cleaning staff. To say that our rooms are filled with insects is false as the only way bugs can enter the room is by the individuals occupying them leaving the doors open. We would advise you to notify staff about any unwanted guests in the room as no staff knew about this issue.

We expected blanco to be a party place we would barely be able to sleep at and it definitely met its expectations. But we didn't think we wouldn't be able to lock our room. The lockers were too small put bags in. No keys for the rooms were given and the music was so loud in bed you could feel it your bones. They must have a sub on the roof. The bathrooms could've been cleaner. Sand leads right to your door so it's hard not to trek that in. But it's what we expected for the one night we stayed

• 31st Oct 2014

Hey Rachel! Sorry you didn't get much sleep, we do have a fun party every night til 2am which can cause rooms to be noisey. The doors do have locks and keys provided at front desk, it is up to the individuals to lock the doors when they leave. We have taken peoples advice on the lockers which have been heavily damaged over the last couple months and new ones will be in the rooms in the coming week. Thanks for the review and hope to party with you again soon :) Regards Blanco team

Awesome place to stay, very much a party atmospehere to be had . staff are all awesome and are very much up for joining and helping out arranging games etc . only thing was wish lockers were in the rooms

Party party hostel. It's good for what it is. Stones is probably better though!

An amazing location right on the beach. Great place to stay if you are wanting to be where the party is and to meet loads of people.

Absolutely mental. If you are looking for a good nights sleep, do not stay here. If you're looking for a party you're in the right place. The bar staff at night are class and usually get involved with the drinking games and we're always talking to the punters. I booked 1 night and stayed for 4, before my liver gave up on me.

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. No security whatsoever, no locks on doors and old rusty lockers by the bar where everyone is getting very drunk. Had ppl walking in and out of room all night. Cleaners clear the room with one brush for the sand on the floor then clean your bed with that so that then is full of sand. Couldn't stay again here if they paid me

Hey Christopher, sorry you didn't enjoy your time at Blanco's, I'm also sorry you managed to not notice the locks on the doors, our CCTV cameras and our night time sercurity gaurds. It is a party hostel which is made clear from the moment every guest checks in. Our hostel is located on the beach so sand can be a problem so we apologize for there being some in the room, we try our best to keep them clean at all times. Regards, Blanco team

The place is always full of people and the atmosphere is very good. However, the toilets and showers are not very clean and the shower is outside which is very uncomfortable. Also, the parties on the beach are very loud and the noise lasts until around 2 AM every night. It's good if you want to meet cool people but in fact there are places in phi phi where you get much cleaner rooms for less money.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Great party hostel! Both thai and western staff are great - get involved in the drinking games! Saw some reviews saying no lockers, there are little lockers outside the dorms for your valuables - don't think you really need anything else! Only dorm I've stayed in where they change the sheets every day even if you're staying another night. Friendly place, good for meeting lots of people.

We stayed 3 nights in Blancos and we're pleasantly surprised it. The rooms had aircon and the sheets and loos were pretty clean. It's on the beach so there is sand everywhere. There was a crazy party every night but it starts and finishes early. The staff were mostly really friendly but a few were unbelievably rude and offensive. Blancos is right beside Stones, the other big hostel, but is def way better as the dorms are smaller but the party is bigger.

I was very surprised about the high rate this hostel has. The dorms are extra small, there is not even space to put your bags. The party goes on until 3 or 4 am. In my room a guy vomited the whole floor and the guy in charge refused to clean. He finally 'clean' -if you can say that- but you can imagine it was still a mess. The lockers are old and rusty, the social areas are most of the time dirty. The staff is not helpful. I say go to party there but don't stay, there are better places nearby.

Staff were unhelpful! The security was sketchy and the lockers outside. Free access to anyone to the rooms as rooms arnt locked and are free standing outside. its also located at the end of the beach but close enough to all the bars, clubs, shops etc. wouldn't stay here again.

Its a party hostel. I heard some girl got her backpack stolen overnight. Uncomfortable beds, horrible bathrooms. .. Again it's a party hostel

great if all you want to do is party and pass out. showers barely work, the place smells terrible, rooms dont lock. definitely a shock when i arrived. but my god, is it a good party.

Great staff, extremely helpful. Had the absolute best time, and met amazing people. Always something fun going on at Blanco, which is nice when you're traveling solo. Dave is great. Absolutely would stay here again.

• 23rd Aug 2014

I feared for my belongings kept in the lockers, and everything else just wasn't my cup of tea.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • zoescho

We stayed at blancos for 3 nights and we enjoyed it every single night of partying, the social people and the vibe of the hostel with their bar right at beach amazing. If you look forward to sleep before 3 am don't go there! The music is basically on your door step, if you fancy a party hard vacation you're in the right place. Only thing which bothered me was that you don't get Keyes to your room thei basically open all the time, but nothing got lost in our luggage though. We simply loved it! ❤️

Loud Music till 3 pm ... Very expensive