Bob Marley House Hostel Reviews

Bader Street, Luxor, Egypt

Fantastic experience with the staff of Bib Marley. From collection at the bus stop until departure they were great. The staff here organised numerous tours, all of which were a very interesting insight into the history and culture of Luxor. Coming from Ireland this tours were relatively inexpensive. August is unpopular for travellers in Egypt so that took away somewhat from te atmosphere in the hostel. Aside from that a great trip.

• 19th Aug 2015

Great hostel - fairly basic, but has everything you need for a comfortable stay in Luxor. The staff were more than helpful organising tours, giving directions and generally helping out wherever required. Highly recommended, would definitely stay here again.

While the facility itself is charming and comfortable on its own, it is truly the friendly staff that make this place so amazing. Whether it's sitting down to tea with the owner, Sharif, or getting help navigating Luxor from Mahmoud, I felt incredibly welcomed and cared for. The city may boast attractions such as thousand year-old temples and the ever-scenic Nile, but I can honestly say that the staff here will feature just as heavily in my memories of Luxor.

2% battery left, must be quick...so good. Sorted everything for us, best breakfast I have had in a long time. I had a bad fever and they rushed out to get me medication and made me teas and all this herbal stuff. Only place to stay if you do Luxor

• 9th Aug 2015

Really helpful and friendly staff. Great free breakfast and range of tours available. Rooms are a bit run down but worth what you pay. Overall great stay in Luxor !

Great hostel with great and helpful staff ! Will definitely come back next time I'm in Luxor !

Staff were excellent. Had booked a tour but my driver was rude to me so canx my tour. The staff were able to re-book me with someone else and it was fantastic. After being ripped off in Cairo the staff at this Hostel cheered me up and I left Egypt with a big smile, thanks guys.

As per usual the staff see you as a walking ATM machine desite then nonchalant approach to getting around Luxor and dealng with its locals. they have a direct line to your pockets and a perceived trust by staying at their establishmentestablishment. Dont let this fool you. Other than that that itis comfortable and accessible.

best hostel in Egypt!!!! don't go anywhere else. rooms are clean, breakfast is really good, location is great. the best thing is the staff, nicest people in Egypt, they helped us out with everything, they would take us to the local bus so that we wouldn't have to pay for the taxi and picked us up from the train for free. the tours they offer are great and for a really good price!

A host that knows exactly what a traveller in Egypt needs - from maps to tups on where to eat local food, to discounted rates for main attrractions. Highly appreciated! Thank you very much for such an awesome stay.

The best hostel I stayed in Egypt. Amazing Staff, great tour prices, incredible atmosphere.

Easily the best hostel in Egypt and seriously well run when compared to other European hostels.

An excellent hostel run by exceptionally knowledgable and friendly staff. Very good tours and trips at amazing prices. Excellent place to meet other travellers and chilling out on the roof is amazing. The staff will get some cheap but great food for you at Egyptian prices. Can't recommend the hot air balloon tour enough. Fantastic hostel 10/10.

• 14th Apr 2015

Some of the nicest people I've ever met run and work there. They really seemed to care about your security as well as making sure you get decent deals and that you get to see all the best places. The facilities are average I would say, and the beds are definitely not the best I've slept on, but the price reflects that, and the atmosphere and staff more than make up for it. Can't recommend it enough for any backpackers travelling the area.

The staff is extremely helpful ! They provide information about Luxor which is very useful! Good breadfast with free tea and coffee all the time!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

I would give more points if it would be possible! I have traveld for ten years now but have never expirienced such a nice hostel. The stuff is so friendly hand helpful. They have good tipps for every problem you have and they spend a lot of time with the guests not because they have to but because they like it! If you are gooing to Luxor I hope there will be a room for you :-) (But be aware that there is a fake Bob Marley Hostel aswell!)

Pick up from the train station was a really nice surprise. We were not expecting this. The staff are very tentative and it is a great that they will go out and get you food/things for Egyptian prices. Our room was a little dirty (carpet did not look like it was vacuumed) and the bathroom although cleaned as soon as someone has shower gets quite dirty from people. Maybe shower curtains to stop water on floor. Thank you!

If I go to Luxor again, Bob Marley House is the place to go! The managers are an awesome couple and the service is great!

The best Hostel we stayed in Egypt!!! The Staff is super helpful! The breakfast (included) is very delicious. We loved to stay there and didn´t want to leave. They help you to get the best deals, tours, food and much more. We booked the hot air balloon flight through them and it was amazing. I definitely recommend this hostel to everyone!