Bob Marley House Hostel Reviews

Bader Street, Luxor, Egypt

An excellent hostel run by exceptionally knowledgable and friendly staff. Very good tours and trips at amazing prices. Excellent place to meet other travellers and chilling out on the roof is amazing. The staff will get some cheap but great food for you at Egyptian prices. Can't recommend the hot air balloon tour enough. Fantastic hostel 10/10.

• 14th Apr 2015

Some of the nicest people I've ever met run and work there. They really seemed to care about your security as well as making sure you get decent deals and that you get to see all the best places. The facilities are average I would say, and the beds are definitely not the best I've slept on, but the price reflects that, and the atmosphere and staff more than make up for it. Can't recommend it enough for any backpackers travelling the area.

The staff is extremely helpful ! They provide information about Luxor which is very useful! Good breadfast with free tea and coffee all the time!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

I would give more points if it would be possible! I have traveld for ten years now but have never expirienced such a nice hostel. The stuff is so friendly hand helpful. They have good tipps for every problem you have and they spend a lot of time with the guests not because they have to but because they like it! If you are gooing to Luxor I hope there will be a room for you :-) (But be aware that there is a fake Bob Marley Hostel aswell!)

Pick up from the train station was a really nice surprise. We were not expecting this. The staff are very tentative and it is a great that they will go out and get you food/things for Egyptian prices. Our room was a little dirty (carpet did not look like it was vacuumed) and the bathroom although cleaned as soon as someone has shower gets quite dirty from people. Maybe shower curtains to stop water on floor. Thank you!

If I go to Luxor again, Bob Marley House is the place to go! The managers are an awesome couple and the service is great!

• 25th Mar 2015

The best Hostel we stayed in Egypt!!! The Staff is super helpful! The breakfast (included) is very delicious. We loved to stay there and didn´t want to leave. They help you to get the best deals, tours, food and much more. We booked the hot air balloon flight through them and it was amazing. I definitely recommend this hostel to everyone!

This place is great thanks to Maria the owner, that makes you feel good from the very moment of your booking. Also good breakfast included (with no curfew time for no-morning persons!), very helpful staff, best prices... definitely I would come back.

The location is awesome, not even 10 min to nile/luxor temple the staff is super helpful, they even get you to the cheapest bus, so you don't miss it! breakfast was aweseome as well!

The staff is very friendly, and they organize nice social program (visit King of Valley, etc.). The hostel atmosphere is very good (on the groundfloor big common room, and at the top as well). Big and delecious breakfast, and free drink all day. :)

Good hostel, nice location and friendly local staff. Owner sometimes a bit judgmental and disrespectful to employees. Bathrooms not cleaned often and beds quite bad.

• 17th Jan 2015

Im reviewing this late but i had a great time there. The staff made me feel welcome and Maria Tarik and Cartouch the cat made me feel company when i needed it. It felt like having friends more than staying at a hostel and that is more than i can say about any other hostel I ever stayed in. Thank you again for the great hospitality, i hope to come back and enjoy the sun roof and listen to arabic music

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Chile

Brilliant hostel, Amazing friendly helpful staff, welcoming atmosphere... Best place we stayed in Egypt.

The Bob Marley House Hostel was probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in, anywhere in the world. From Maria, the kindest host I've ever met, to Kartush, the adorable cat who refused to stop snuggling me, even when I was sleeping in the common area - it was the greatest experience. Within 5 minutes of walking in, Maria had given us tea, custom made maps of Luxor, a complete breakdown of all the scams we might run into and how to avoid them, and had sent someone out to get us lunch. must stay

• 23rd Nov 2014

Cozy, wonderfully friendly atmosphere- feels like home and btw great breakfast included! Highly recommended stay, convenient to Luxor Temple, Karnak and public ferry to the West Bank.