Bob Marley House Hostel Reviews

Bader Street, Luxor, Egypt

Probably my favourite accommodation experience in Egypt; it's centrally located, has a nice atmosphere and very friendly and helpful staff, tours are available and reasonably priced, everything was clean and functional, the common areas were great for relaxing and socialising, internet access (both wifi and laptop) the included breakfast was good, and the rooms were very well priced.

My only regret was having so little time to spend at Bob Marley House. I would've liked to have spent more time there, but the clock ran out on me. It was a great place to just hang out and relax. The host, Sayed, was terrific and so was his staff. In fact, they went back and forth with me to the bus station three times in one day in order to sort out a ticket. I'm looking forward to getting back there!

From my experience I give them a perfect 10. Owner and staff will do everything to make your stay a pleasant one. If you go visit the valley of the kings and Abu temple you will do it with Alladin, an excellent and very friendly guide, I recommand it! A felouca ride on the Nile? they will arrange it with Hassein and Mahmout who will also do everything to make you happy and satisfied!. Go for it and beware of imitations as some have tried to steel their reputation by using the bob marley name to.

• 20th Jan 2014

This was one of the greatest hostels I have stayed in thus far. The staff was amazingly friendly and very helpful. The owner, Maria, was an absolute joy to talk with and had a lot of insight about Luxor. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was fantastic and the surrounding area accessible. A friend traveled with me and it was her first hostel experience (she's sometimes a little picky) and she also enjoyed her stay. It was very clean and the neighborhood was safe. I would love to return!

• 3rd Jan 2014

The most impressive thing was the staffs were very kind

• 5th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Wonderful stay in Bob Marley House Hostel. Tahnks to Maria and Sayed, I had a wonderful stay in Egypt. I felt safe and confortable. Tehy were really helpfull for everything, getting bus or trains tickets (by paying the right price), taking taxi, organising visits and treks. I don't know how I would have done without them. I decided to come back for my last days in Egypt as that was the place I was feeling the best in the country. Nice atmosphere also, I met friendly travellers there.

After a long hot bus ride, this hostel was a fantastic breath of fresh air after a hard day. Maria and Sayed were fantastic hosts and the information Maria provided was more than enough to help us independent travelers with difficult stay in Egypt. The tour that Maria suggests with her friend Aladin was a fantastic way to explore the main sights of the west bank, however if you want to do more Maria can help plan a customized trip at little cost. The best hostel I've stayed in ever. Will return!

Excellent staff!! extremely helpful in all the aspects you can need: useful pieces of advise about the city and the monuments, good restos recommendations, maps, Nice facilities and atmosphere in the hostel and increadible breakfast!!!